A Flight to Catch

A Flight to Catch
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minho absentmindedly toyed with his boarding pass as he waited in the departure terminal for his flight to be called. He was finally returning home after nearly a month in the United States, where he had been taking part in a new film.

He glanced at his watch and, seeing as there was still over a half hour until his flight was set to leave, he sat down on a rather uncomfortable plastic chair and sighed. Travelling was always exhausting.

With nothing else to do, Minho tuned out the sounds of periodic announcements over the intercom, suitcase wheels trailing over the marble floors and hundreds of people engaging in conversation, to retreat into his own thoughts.

-----

"Minho, I'm bored," Jonghyun complained for the third time since the two had arrived at the airport.

They had already checked in their luggage and passed through security, and were now waiting for their flight to France, where they'd decided to go for a holiday.

"Then let's go for a walk around," Minho suggested, gesturing at the vast array of restaurants and duty-free stores that lined the airport.

"But we've done that already," Jonghyun whined, referring to the countless other times that Shinee had used the airport.

Minho chuckled at his boyfriend's childish need to be entertained at all times. Sometimes he wondered if Jonghyun really was older than him.

"Well then...let's play a game," Minho suggested.

Jonghyun strared at him blankly. Neither had brought any electronical devices with them on their trip that was supposed to be romantically disturbance free. For the young man, who was so used to the presence of technology in his life, it was impossible to play a game without using an iPod or a cellphone.

Minho grinned as he noticed Jonghyun's question-filled expression. He supposed that he would have to start this round off.

"I spy, with my little eye, something that's green and purple."

The impromptu game of "I Spy" turned out to be a smashing success, although there were a few problems when someone chose a moving object that left the vicinity before the other could guess what it was, but they enjoyed themselves, and Jonghyun was no longer bored.

-----

Minho sighed a little dejectedly. He wished that he had Jonghyun to play "I Spy" with right now, or any game, for that matter. Heck, he just wished that Jonghyun was by his side at the moment. Thankfully, he had gone unrecognized at the airport, so far, as there were so many people. In fact, there were so many others that he couldn't help but to feel rather insignificant.

Only, feeling insignificant on one's own was much more discouraging than marvelling at the vastness of the world when one was with friends. And Minho knew this from experience.

-----

Management had arranged for Shinee and Super Junior to have a group vacation. Although the two groups were already great friends, they had agreed to take part in the friendship-strengthening activity. The destination had been a surprise however, and they only found out where they were heading on the day that they left.

They were all very stunned, indeed, when they dis

Please log in to read the full chapter