Christmas is all about Love

Christmas is all about Love

Inspired by EXO's Miracles in December

 


 

I stand outside the mall with your gift in hand, a beautiful snowflake neckalce in silver. It was snowing and it was beautiful just like you. I wish that you could see this but you are trapped. Trapped in a cold white building with no way out and it was all my fault. If only I was there fast enough maybe you would be smiling up at me with your eyes sparkling just like these snowflakes. I started walking to your prison with a sad smile as I thought of all the wonderful things we use to do during the christmas season.

"Yixing let's go buy a Christmas tree!" Your eyes glittered brightly.

"Minnie it's only November 28th why do we need to buy a Christams tree now?"

"If we buy it now then we can decorate it sooner and the sooner we decorate it then my parents won't come over." You smiled widely at the thought of not having to meet your parents this year. You always tried to avoid them especially since they want you to marry a nice, wealthy girl instead of me.

"Alright let's go get your tree." I smiled at you and was happy to hear your bubbly laugh in our house.

I stand outside the hospital wondering if I should go in but my feet decide for me. They lead me to your room and I knock on your door. I walk in after a minute and see you pale and beautiful and asleep in a dream which you might not wake up from. This was all my fault. If only I was there that last Christmas when you smiled for the last time.

"Yixing when will you be home?" My lovely Minnie's voice sounded wonderful too my ears as we were miles apart. I was in China as my mother was in the hospital and was released three days ago. 

"I'll be home tomorrow night Minnie. Don't worry I booked the soonest flight out of China once my mother felt better."

"How is she doing?"

"She's well and walking around again it was luckily just a high fever. Stay safe Minnie I have to go to sleep now and so do you."

"I love you Yixing."

"I love you to my Minnie." I could hear my beloved giggle before hanging up. I stared at my phone with a strange sense of dread overcoming me.

When I landed in Korea the next phone call I recieved was that my Minnie was in the hospital and I rushed there. "Minnie you should wake up. It's Christmas Eve and the house isn't the same without your freashly baked cookies. I decorated the tree this year but ut wasn't as much fun with out you trying to clean up my mess of decorations. And I miss your cute laugh when I would make a joke only you could understand because I say it in Chinese and Korean." As I sat there I remembered like it was yesterday our confessions.

"I love you." Xiumin whispered into the cold night.

I was frozen in shock. The guy I have been in love with Xiumin since the monment I saw him and now he's confessing after four long years of a friendship that started the second year of middle school. Xiumin's eyes started to tear up, "I'm sorry if you don't want to see me anymore." The tears started running down his face and before he could run I grabbed him and pulled him into a hug. 

"I love you too Minnie. I always had I was just too stupid to say it. Please stay." I hugged him tightly and he nodded in agreement.

My favorite part about our confession was that it was during Chtistmas. "Xiumin even if I have towait a thousand Decembers I will wait for you my love because our love is is made for Christmas." I kissed the back of Xiumin's hand and his forehead before setting his gift down and settling in my chair waiting and watching over my love. 

"Yixing do you know why I love Christmas?"

"Why Xiumin?"

"I love Christmas because Christmas is all about love."