Life

Misled

Phew!

What a great day. I stared at my reflection blankly. I saw Sara, my colleque, walking towards me, gave me a pat while saying great job yada yada. I couldn't care less okay. I groaned inwardly. Life . Living a double life . I just hoped that my two worlds won't ever collide with each other. It's just too shameful and yeah, gross. I sighed. Then I scolded myself. Alice Park will never sigh! I got my things packed up and walked out from that damned building since my shift is over. Yay!

I lived in one of the luxurious apartment in Gangnam, Seoul with my little cute baby sister of course! Her name was Park Hana and she is as cute as her name! I could stare at her face for 24 hours straight and I'm not even kidding. And she also reminded me of my mother's face. She just resembled her so much. I shook off the thought of my parents far away from my train of thoughs. Mom taught me to think of the dead when we're happy not when we're sad or in trouble. According to her, that's what genuine love was. But really, I think of them all the time.

I pressed the code for our apartment and rolled my eyes. Nope, I did not and never did like all these expensive stuff I had. It all belonged to my uncle. Even though he "gifted" it to me. I just--- I'm enduring all his crap because of Hana. I wanted Hana to live a normal life and well, a good life. A little sacrifice goes a long way. I walked over to Hana's room and saw that she was fast asleep. Quietly, I closed the door back and went to my room to get my darling rest.

There was a rumour back then in the office saying my good ol' boss, Mr. Choi, was promoted to be the president of another branch of Wu Corporation. And so the second son of the Wu Corporation is actually going to be the new president. If it was indeed true I hope he'd be nice and charismatic like Mr. Choi. He was always so kind and professional. It'd be sad to be away from him. As I lay down on my bed, I couldn't help but to daydream about nothing. It was my way to escape the harsh reality.

I'm not good at singing or dancing or painting. I must have been my life wrong. But no worries Park Mina! You have all the time in the world to discover new things, I innocently thought. Then I scoffed at myself. 

I didn't get the chance to further my study because my uncle forced me to be a worker in a club he managed. After I graduated from highschool, a few months before I officially become legal, I already started working as a stripper at the club. To cover my night activity from Hana, I got a job as a secretary in this company my uncle suggested. That bastard actually took great care of me and my little sister... beside the fact he forced me to be a stripper and took all of my inheritance money. Okay no. He is a jackass bastard. And I loathed him for that. 

I already accepted the fact that he tricked us. It was partly my fault for being so naive and stupid. He treated both of us so nicely after our parents died. Being a sixteen years old, crestfallen little girl, I was leaning onto him. I was so darn stupid, ugh! If only I had known better. 

Looking at the bright sight, I was currently working two jobs now. I'm saving quite an amount of money. I would want to send Hana to a university so she could be someone useful to the society. I want to spoil my baby girl to the core because I just love her that much. I really hope she would grow up just fine. She had no idea uncle was a bastard, she had no idea her sister was a stripper but well, ignorance is a bliss.

Hana was my everything. Sleep tight, baby girl.