Chapter 1

Give Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

 

“In spite of everything, I will believe people are really good at heart.

-Anne Frank (1929-1944)

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Choi Hanbyul asks the girl beside her as they both look up at the odd shape structure.

“Yup!” Ji-Yung smiles as she confidently marches in the YG building, leaving Hanbyul behind.

“YAH!” She runs to catch up with Ji-Yung. “Wait!”

“Palli!” Ji-Yung giggles as she jumps up and down, trying to contain her excitement in tact and Hanbyul runs in slow motion, making the latter stomp her feet.

“Unnie~!”

Both chuckle with their silliness and can’t help but look at each other with sadness.

“Gwenchana,” Hanbyul nudges Ji-Yung, trying to cheer her up.

She smiles at Hanbyul and slips her hand in hers as they both walk in.

“Whoa…” Ji-Yung breathes, taking in the wonderful scenery in front of her.

Hanbyul nods, agape.

It has been at least 14 to 15 years since she has been in this place, some time around when Ji-Yung was born, and boy, a LOT of things has changed.

Everything is high tech with top-notch security and elegancy. People bustle around, trying to avoid bumping into each other as they attempt to get to their own destination. Basically, it’s like a mini New York City in one building.

“Annyeonghaseo,” The assistant behind the front desk bows 90 degrees. “Please state your business.”

“Annyeonghaseo, Choi Hanbyul-imnida,” Hanbyul pats Hi-Yung on the shoulder after bowing back. “I would like her to audition to be a dancer.”

“Sorry,” The assistant’s eyes travel from Ji-Yung to Hanbyul. “The audition is closed for around two weeks.”

“Call YG up.”

“Sorry,” The assistant taps on the screen of the computer with a monotone voice, ignoring Hanbyul’s command. “The audition is closed.”

“Call YG up,” Hanbyul growls, her fist pounds on the counter, aggravated.

With a sigh, the assistant rings YG.

“What?” YG’s voice thunders through the earpiece.

“Someone wants to meet you.”

“Who?”

“Choi Hanbyul.”

“Ah!” YG’s voice softens. “Bring her to my office.”

The assistant nods stiffly as she hangs up and sends Hanbyul and Ji-Yung up to the seventh floor.

Techno music starts to play as they enter in a clear cylinder compartment that shoots them up to their destined floor.

Hanbyul starts to chuckle, reminiscing the memories of when she first entered YG.

“I have never entered the glorious seventh floor.”

“Chincha?” Ji-Yung gasps in disbelief.

“Well, except for the time when Dongwook and I have to confirm our relationship to him.”

The bell chimes as the door slides open, signaling Ji-Yung and Hanbyul to exit and onto the seventh floor; YG’s floor. Moving pictures of YG artists float around the hall with no sounds. Ji-Yung taps on Big Bang’s picture and it instantly widens as the music start to play. Hanbyul giggles as she pulls Ji-Yung in front of a shiny silver door with YG glinting. She raises her hand to knock when the YG sign disappears and a mini screen pops out.

“Please state your name,” An authorized voice booms.

“Choi Hanbyul.”

The screen disintegrates into millions of microscopic pixels and the door slides up, revealing YG’s office.

“Aigoo~” YG stands up from his swivel chair, his arms wide open. “Did you and Dongwook break up so you need a job?”

“A likely story,” Hanbyul scoffs as she enters YG’s arms. “As you can see, I’m still a Choi.”

He lets go of her as he raises his hands in surrender. Hanbyul smiles and lightly pushes Ji-Yung in front of her.

“What a looker!” YG scrutinizes Ji-Yung, who is wearing jeans with a hoodie that has the words ‘COMME des DOWN’ print on the back, and her beanie plops on her ombre dyed hair. “Yours?”

“Nope!” Ji-Yung beams as she shakes YG’s outstretched hand and bows. “Annyeonghaseo! Kwon Ji-Yung-imnida!”

His eyes widen and flicker towards Hanbyul, who surprisingly gains a sudden interest on her pitch-black heels.

“Kwon?”

Hanbyul nods slowly as she gives YG Ji-Yung’s identification papers.

Ji-Yung tugs at the bottom of her hoodie, one of her habits that she adapted from her mom.

“Today’s your birthday?” YG slowly looks up from the papers.

“Deh.”

He blinks, reminded of that unsuspected night while sifting through the papers, not noticing Hanbyul’s watery gaze on the last sheet that is in YG’s hand.

“You know 6 languages fluently?” YG whistles, impressed.

“Yes.” Ji-Yung grins proudly. “English, French, Tagalog, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. My mom and I like to travel and learn various languages together.”

He nods as he flips at the very last page.

His face pales as if he saw a ghost.

“Sandara Park recommended you?”

Hanbyul bites her lip as Ji-Yung nods.

“Sandara Park…”

“… Is my omma,” Ji-Yung continues his sentence.

“O-oh,” YG forces a smile and coughs, wanting to break the tension in the air. “Please show me your dance.”

“You can choose any song for me to dance to show that even though my mom is Sandara Park, I have the talent to be in YG.” Ji-Yung hands Hanbyul her leather over-sized shoulder bag.

He raises his eyebrow as Ji-Yung looks at him confidently, reminding him of a certain Kwon that he used to train.

“Arrasso,” YG complies, playing Fantastic Baby, a Big Bang hit, 14 years ago.

With high expectations, YG watches the fourteen years old girl showcasing her talent.

To say that he is impressed is an understatement.

Clearly, this girl knows what she’s doing.

Even though the song choice is anonymous, all of her dance moves are synchronized.

YG’s applause resonates around the room as the song ends.

“You’re in!”

Ji-Yung and Hanbyul jumps around the room in happiness, ignoring the blatant stares they receive from YG.

“When do I start?” Ji-Yung asks eagerly.

“Tomorrow.”

“Deh, kamsahamnida, Sajangnim!” Hanbyul and Ji-Yung bows together.

“If you need anything, my number is on the sticky note, okay?” Hanbyul calls as she and Ji-Yung turns around to exit.

“Ah, wait!” YG stops both of them from stepping out of the room. “Would you like a ticket for Big Bang’s reunion?”

Ji-Yung grins while pulling out three Big Bang tickets from her shoulder bag alongside with her Big Bang lightstick.

“A fan is always prepared!”

YG laughs at the cheerfulness in her voice.

“Who’s your favorite?”

“G-DRAGON!”

YG raises his eyebrows at her answer.

Well, I guess that Sandara Park never really hated him, much less forgot him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter