Chapter 2

How About No?

You had to at least try to hold back you laughter as VIXX walked in and saw you. Their faces of shock were comical.

N had to cover Ken’s mouth before he could blurt out a sound. Ravi and Hongbin just stared at you in shock while the other two seemed to have figured who you were already.

“Hello, I’m Venus of Olympic Music Global. I am happy to be here and work with you.” You stood and bowed like you would for any strangers you met for the first time.

It took them a moment to get themselves together to give you their greeting. You smiled and tried not to notice them all staring at you as they sat at the remaining seats.

“Alright, now that we’re all here,” The President starts. “we can now move on to business.” He looks around the table, the disgruntled board members trying to give you death stares, the shocked and stunned group and you sitting there calm as if you were at am ocean side resort. “Now as you all-“

“Excuse me sir.” The older board member interrupts. “I still don’t see how a she can help the group or the company.” He was rude enough to switch to Japanese, not realizing you already had a contract there and spoke the language almost fluently, “She’s a little girl who is only an internet idol. She is too young and smug, she will-“

“Excuse me!” You stop him in Japanese. You would have laughed at how fast the blood drained from the man’s face, if you weren’t so pissed off. “I may have gotten noticed by my company through the internet, but the how doesn’t affect the final work. I spent the majority of my life, luckily doing what I love.” Just getting more upset you switch to Italian, though its been a while so you had more of an English accent to it, “I have contract all over the world, waiting for me to respond. I CHOOSE to come here in Seoul. I CHOOSE VIXX because I knew I can help where it was needed. I did NOT choose to come here and be insulted in so many ways by those who are apart of the group who asked me to be here.” Deciding that Italian didn’t express your anger you went to Spanish, “How dare you shame your President and company. Do you really think that nothing will come back to smack you? If I’m smug then you’re a prick!” Going back to Japanese, “You should have done more research. You would have know I was in Japan a year and a half ago.”

You stop only because you were really about to get started and it would then go back to your boss and you really didn’t want to deal with him now… and also you were out of breath.

The whole room was silent as they stared at you standing in awe. The board member’s face looked like a piece of paper, as did his associate’s, VIXX pretty much all had their mouths open. The only one with a smile was the President. He must have been told how you reacted when insulted, damn you “Zeus”. Turning to only address him, you return to English, all the other languages messed up your concentration in Korean,

“I’m apologize, but I think I should leave. I’ll call later to set up another meeting tomorrow, hopefully there won’t be further discourtesy.” You bow to him and the members, completely ignoring the board members.

You gather your bag and laptop and walk out.

After you left the president looked to his rising in fame group,

“I want you boys to make sure that over the night nothing happens that will mess up this deal. Make sure there aren’t any other companies trying to make a deal, and make sure they think that you are all celebrating the contract. Go and catch her.” He tells s and they leave after their bows.

“Now, you two…”

 

Sitting at the bar you order an Island Oasis. You don’t like to drink much and this was the only thing you actually consider to drink, ever. But since it had vodka in it, you would only drink one.

The members of VIXX had already ordered their drinks and trying to pull you with them to the VIP area. You still question their motive to bringing you out tonight, especially after that meeting, but what they didn’t know is that you had to be nice.

After you left the meeting room, like clockwork, you got a call from the head. Zeus, as his work name was, must have got a call or a feeling. He knew that you would get upset at something and mess up the deal. That bastard, -really he was a good boss- even threatened to send your brother there to “help”.

Despite what he said, you were sure he already told him to finish his work and pack up to come here.

But it was almost perfect. As you got off the phone, and started to walk back to your apartment, VIXX caught up with you. N and Ravi “convinced” you to go to the club tonight, and after some fake moments of thinking, you said yes.

As you waited for your drink, you watched the people around the club. Some dancing and drinking, most were talking over the music that seemed too heavy for the early crowd.

While you were taking in the club, there was a shy boy taking you in. You simple, black wrap dress complemented your figure. Your hair in, delicate curls and waves, cascade over one of your shoulder hiding most of your birthmark, which Leo liked… and wanted to trace with his fingers. Simple heals, purse and makeup completed the outfit. You took his breath away. He felt like he was shy for a whole new reason.

You turn when your drink was finished. Smiled, which nearly knocked him off his feet, and turned to face the poor defenseless man. But to you he was just stoic and quiet.

“Thanks for waiting for me, I could have found my way to everyone.” You say to him, and start walking around the crowd to the roped off area.

“I-It is proper..” He tries his English out. The broken English made your heart skip a beat. You had to shake your head to calm yourself down.

I moved here to get out of a relationship, not find a new one.

After time passed, you started to have more fun with everyone. The music started to seem more appropriate. You even danced with N, Ken, Hyuk and Ravi… separately when they asked. You honestly enjoyed yourself, and started to bring the last too out to the floor.

Unfortunately, you can’t be a celebrity without people noticing you at a club. Fans started to crowd them, people pretending to know them also joined in that crowd. Pretty soon you would expect paparazzi to show up.

And it wasn’t a good idea to advertise your location at this point. He might still be looking for you…

Signaling N and anyone else you could see you told them to sneak out the back.

Five minutes later you all were hiding at the back entrance, knowing there were people waiting for the group to appear.

“You guys sure are high profile.” You joke, in Korean so they understood you, trying to come up with a plan.

“Its not always bad…?” Hongbin replied, also trying to figure out what to do.

“We can’t go back to the dorm. Some of them already know its in that area… and if they get word that we were out tonight, they know to keep a look out.” Leo speaks up, more than you have heard from him all night.

“Ahhh… you all can stay at my place… it isn’t big, but it will do for a temporary purpose.” You offer, knowing that you all were in this together, “I don’t think the few people who can recognize me even know I’m here.”

Your eyes widened as they huddled, they actually huddled like a football -either one- team. You could hear some of the whispers, and tried not to eavesdrop on them.

Seconds later the straightened and agreed to your offer, thank you greatly.

It must have been the few drinks that they had, which made most of them act like spies walking down the street… and in the lobby… the elevator, all the way to the entrance of your apartment.

Hyuk, Ken and N were suddenly tired and claimed spots on your couch and La-Z-Boys. They didn’t seem to notice the scarce amount of furniture or stuff in your apartment. Before they could say anything, you slid your way into the kitchen.

“Do you guys want anything to drink or eat?” You call as you got a glass for water.

“No, thank you.”

“You’ve already done enough for us”

“Thanks but I’m okay without anything.”

You nod and set the glass down on the counter after a sip. “Here I’ll find some blankets for you all.” You go into the extra room which was just there, with a California king size mattress leaning against the wall, and boxes on the other side of the room near the closet. “Hey if someone wants, they can take the mattress in here… and the blankets should be somewhere in this closet…”

“I’m sorry we are imposing on you when you recently moved in.” The soft voice made you jump and turn to see that Leo had followed you, bringing you your water.

“Oh, i-its proper…” You smile, not realizing you repeated his line from the club.

He only smiles and hands you your water. Then he slides the mattress down on the floor and helps you find the abundance of blankets you had.

You two were able to get everyone covered and settled in a comfortable spot. Ravi and Hongbin shared the mattress while Leo covered the others in the living room with blankets and setting glasses of water within their reach when they wake up.

You set up a neat pile of blankets for a makeshift pad for Leo in the extra room where it was a little warmer. You were about to say good night when your mobile started to ring.

“Excuse me…Sleep well…” You say instead and head to your studio.

You made the mistake of answering without checking the caller ID.

“Yeb-“

“Maria! Don’t hang up!” His very voice pissed you off. “Please, don’t hang up…”

“Why the hell should I listen to you?!? Do you even know what time it is??” You yell in English.

“Please! I didn’t know! I’m sorry for what happened. I know I should have told you. But I’m calling about something else…”

“What is it now? You know I’m not going to help your sorry , even if we’re related.” You anger was feeding off of your memories and the alcohol in your system.

“Zeus called me. He wants me to go to Seou-“

“Don’t.”

“I have to. He told me to.”

“Bull. You never listen to him.”

“Well this time I a-“

“Don’t come. I don’t want to see you let alone work with you.” You hang up after that and turn your phone off.

Angry you change out of your dress and slide into some sweats and fuzzy slippers. Sitting at your soundboards, you pour what little energy you had and emotions into a whole new song.

Outside the door, Leo stood confused. You sounded angry, and he wasn’t sure if he should enter or leave you be. After hearing your systems turn on, he decides to get some sleep. Hopefully he will get to talk to you in the morning.

To be continued…