Goodbye's are always the worst

Just Once

life_asked_death_why_do_people_love_me_b

A/N: This story will be written in first person and third person. Incase some don't know what third or first person is, first person is I, me, mine, or my. Third person is from an outsider's POV.


Past

 

A small crowd of people gathered around to watch a long-a waited performance by the street legend. Its been three years since her last performance. Her name is Abby. Ever since she moved to Seoul from the states she has been performing on these streets to make a living. At first her dancing was just like everyone else's dancing, plain and boring. Soon she started to go to more dance classes than when she was in America. Here, she learned krumping, locking, and hip hop dance. All three assets became her money making skills. By putting all three dances together and creating a mixture of moves with each one, she grew to become the street legend.

Her performances were always a thrill to see. No one could get enough. Her dancing was everyone's happiness and it was her escape route from reality. Three years prior she had to quit dancing because she tore her ACL, injured her hamstring, and sprained both ankles. She took two years of physical therapy for her right knee and for both ankles. Till this day no one knows what really happened to her, or why she had such a long absence. All they cared about was her return, and her dancing that was deeply missed.

This morning when she woke up, all she could think about was dancing on those streets again. She was hyped, excited, and nervous because it has been a while since she's last performed. She had grown fear from what happened three years ago, and was afraid to ever dance or perform on the streets again. But a year ago she heard new performers took over the streets while she was gone, and she gained the courage to dance again. She practiced everyday till she was dripping with sweat. Even though every bone in her body ached she never gave up, but simply just iced her body, and got right back into dancing again.

Walking down the similar streets again felt amazing to her. People walking passed her froze in place like she was the greatest thing they ever saw. Whispers could be heard from every corner, and screaming of her name was heard. The yelling and the whispers of her return spiraled out of control, and soon enough a whole crowd was gathered around. She looked at these people like it was the first time she's seen people.

In her favorite spot, she walked to put down her stereo and plugged it in. Music started playing and her body flowed to the beat. Her body swayed and moved in such a glorious way people were mesmerized, but meanwhile a crowd was dispersing from the rookie street performers who were in the middle of dancing or singing.

__

"Hyung what's happening?" Sungjae asked

"I don't know Sungjae, but let's go check it out" Eun Kwang said

"Wait Eun Kwang hyung! Lets go hyungs!" Sungjae yelled

"We're coming!" Peniel yelled

The crowd was getting bigger and bigger by the second. All seven boys were confused, and stunned at the amount of people one person brought in. Eun kwang, Min Hyuk, Changsub, and Sungjae were performing their songs they had written when the crowd around them began to disperse. Hyun Sik was performing his solo dance when the crowd around him started to disperse, while Peniel and Ilhoon sat watching their friends because they couldn't go to the underground clubs where they perform, it was too early.

When they finally got through the crowd their eyes landed on a girl. A short one in fact. She had chocolate brown hair, a slight tan to her skin, small nose, pink plump lips, and dark brown eyes that could mesmerize anyone. She was dancing to Boa's "Eat you up". Her moves were so flawless, smooth, and elegant. Never was a step missed or messed up. Her dance was like no other's. It had meaning to it. Feelings couldn't express the way she moved to each beat.

People were so immersed in her dancing that they didn't care if they were late to work. The boys didn't care if they forgot they had left their hard earnings back at their spot. They were to distracted, especially Ilhoon. If anyone saw they way he looked at her it would seem like he couldn't leave her side. The look in his eyes screamed Love.

What caught his attention the most was they way she danced. The way she got distracted in her dancing to notice the world around her. The thing that caught his attention was her eyes. Just  by looking into them you could see all sort of feelings. You could see pain, sadness, anger, and hopelessness. It seems as though her dancing could bring that out, and he loved how she did that than going out in the world and causing trouble like other reckless teenagers do.

Ilhoon's heart was beating at the speed of a race car. He couldn't stop the emotions that were flowing through him. Neither could he stop his eyes from tracing her body. I can sure tell you he loved a dancer's body. It wasn't too masculine, not too skinny, and not too big either, it was just right. He could've sworn his heart stopped beating when she caught his stare. Her eyes seemed to be starring into his soul, finding every hidden secret he kept deep inside.

Suddenly the music stopped and he noticed he was the only one not moving. His friends had ran up to her, shaking her hand, smiling like idiots, and introducing themselves. Her smile was captivating, and his heart fluttered at the thought of her smiling only at him like that. He was thrown out of his thoughts to see his hyung, Changsub calling for him.

"Ilhoon!"

__

Ilhoon's POV

 

"Ilhoon!" Changsub hyung called

"I'm coming hyung!" I yelled

"Introduce yourself" he said

"Yes hyung. Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Ilhoon Imnida!" I said

"Annyeonghaseyo Abby Imnida" she said

"So how'd you get such a huge crowd?" Min Hyuk hyung asked

"I've been performing here for years and over time I became the street legend to people, and so ever since people have always admired my dancing. Now that I came back after three years...I guess the people just missed me" she explained

"Street legend?" Peniel questioned

"It's a name the people came up with because I've been such a success out here. I even got offered to sign deals with YG entertainment, JYP entertainment, and SM entertainment because I became such a legend around these streets" she said

"Are your a trainee in anyone of them?" Hyun Sik hyung asked

"No, I turned them down" she said

"What!? Why!?" he yelled

"I belong out here in the streets entertaining people not out in some box getting all prettied up and dressing up like a doll, singing infront of a camera just to give people what they want. I want to express myself in my own way not the way some person wants me to be" she said

"Wow" Peniel hyung said

"Yeah" Eun Kwang hyung  added

"That was unexpected" Changsub hyung said

"What's your favorite color?" I asked

"Really hyung!" Sungjae yelled

"Yeah Ilhoon" Peniel responded

"I don't have a favorite color, but I have two favorite colors, red and black" she said

"How old are you?" I asked

"17" she said

"17? You don't look 17" I said

"Yay! I'm finally an oppa!" Sungjae yelled, jumping up and down

"Umm..." she mumbled

"Sorry, don't worry about him. He's our maknae" Eun Kwang hyung said

"You guys are alright. I like y'all" she said

__

No One's POV

1 year later

 

"Ilhoon oppa!"

"Yeah princess"

"When are the other oppas coming? We've been waiting here for two hours in this park. It's about to rain, it's windy, and-"

"We're here!"

"Finally! What are you guys girls!? I know girls take a long time, but gosh. you guys are something else"

"Sorry?"

"UGH! Whatever, lets go"

"Princess, are you mad?"

"Lets go!"

"We're sorry! Please forgive us!"

"I'm not mad. It's just it's going to rain, and I don't want my hair to mess up. Now lets go! C'mon Ilhoon oppa"

Like the first time they became friends they had went to this little restaurant. It wasn't too extravagant,  and it wasn't too old looking. Now here they are, a year later at the same restaurant for their first year anniversary of becoming friends. Abby and the rest of BTOB thought it was kind of dumb, but Sungjae wouldn't let it go. He said it was special that they do so, so they agreed to it.

Walking down the street was quite quiet, relaxing even. The wind was blowing and the clouds were a deep, dark gray. The day was just beautiful. If only everyday could be this peaceful they all thought.

The day flew by fast ending with Lotte World. Everyone thought it was the best day they ever had. Abby notified the boys she was going to go to the bathroom, leaving them to talk to each other.

"Hyungs and Sungjae"

"Yes hyung/Ilhoon"

"I have something to tell you guys, but I can you promise me you won't tell Abby"

"What's wrong hyung?"

"Can you guys promise me?"

"Yes, we promise"

*sigh* "You guys know how I have been having horrible migraines, right"

"Yeah"

"A week ago I went to the hospital to make sure nothing was wrong. I got a CT scan for my brain, and it came out normal but when I went in for another test for a better view of my brain they found a huge ball in the back of my head. They told me I have a brain tumor, and I'm at stage three."

"What!?"

"I don't have much time. The doctors said I only have six months to live"

"Ilhoon hyung"

"Don't cry guys. You're going to make Abby worried"

"Make me worried? What for?"

"N-Nothing! We just thought you'd be worried if we flew out of an airplane"

"Then why are you crying?"

"We imagined jumping out of an airplane"

"You guys are weird, lets go"

__

After that day nobody ever mentioned anything to Abby of Ilhoon's illness. But Abby was beginning to get suspicious because of the constant headaches Ilhoon was getting, the members being extra careful of him, and the way they spoke softy to him. Abby wasn't stupid, and it was stupid of them to not notice how quickly she caught in on their little hidden secret.

She wasn't stupid enough to not realize Ilhoon had brain cancer, but she wanted to make sure she was right. She searched the internet for the symptoms of brain cancer and all that Ilhoon was experiencing was the cause of a brain tumor. She cried for hours that day, and stayed away from the boys for two weeks. The constant calling, text messages, and knocking on her door were ignored. She wanted to be able to process her thoughts herself, and to be able to deal with it when she sees the boys again. She made a mental note to never show she knew of his sickness. He hid it from her for a reason, and that reason wasn't meant for her know.

Abby was quite use to dealing with cancer. I mean both of her parents died of cancer. Her father had leukemia, and her mom had lung cancer. She remembers the last days she spent with them, the constant wishes they wanted her to fulfill, and the way her parents smiled before they took their last breath. That day was New Years Eve. They both died on the same day together, holding each others hands. 

The third week finally passed, and she was knocking on BTOB's door. After a minute of waiting, the door finally opened with a crying Changsub. He was a complete mess, eyes red and puffy, and his lip quivering. He took her in his arms, and hugged the air out of her. She didn't mind that he was hugging her to hard, all she wanted was for him to calm down. BTOB soon gathered to see what was taking Changsub so long, and noticed Abby standing by his side. She looked at all of them and thought the worst of the worst. They all had been crying, but what for?

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong!?"

"I can tell you what's wrong! You've been gone for three weeks. You just disappeared without a trace. We called, texted, and even went to your house but you never answered!"

"Ilhoon was even crying! He cried more than us!"

"Where is he?"

"Would you like to know"

"He's in his room, where he should be"

"I don't think you should see him, not after what you did to us all"

"I had my reasons oppa. I just came to clear some things up"

"You should've done that a long time ago!"

"Like I said, I had my reasons"

"Those are?"

"I had to go see my parents"

"And you couldn't answer any of our phone calls"

"It was an emergency, I was in a rush, and forgot my cell phone. No, I couldn't call you guys because I'm not good at remembering phone numbers"

"What happened to your parents"

"It's not really something I want to talk about"

"After missing for three weeks you don't think we need an explanation"

"There are things that are better left unsaid, right oppa?"

__

Day after day passed with no more problems. Everything was going smoothly especially with Ilhoon and Abby. Those two were practically inseparable. BTOB could notice Ilhoon's love for Abby and Abby's love for Ilhoon. BTOB decided to take things into their hands. They planned and planned on how to get those two together because they knew Ilhoon had feelings for her for a long time.

It was Saturday five o' clock in the afternoon. BTOB gave Ilhoon some money to go hang out with Abby. While those two were out, Eun Kwang, Changsub, and Peniel decorated the apartment, giving it a romantic feel. Sungjae went out to get food, while Hyun Sik and Min Hyuk watched over Abby and Ilhoon.

Around eight o' clock at night Abby and Ilhoon returned to the apartment. Hyun Sik and Min Hyuk had warned the rest of the guys to get because they were returning. When Ilhoon opened the door he was greeted with candle lit dinner, a vase of red roses in the center, and food waiting there for them. Abby was in total shock and just stood there. Ilhoon walked over to the table and picked a card up.

Ilhoon

Confess to her already pabo! You like her and she likes you. We know it too!

Your hyungs and Sungjae

"Aish!"

"What?"

"N-Nothing"

"Ilhoon?"

"Y-Ye-Yes"

"What is it?"

"Umm... I... I...Umm"

"Ilhoon quit stuttering and tell me~!"

"Iloveyou!"

"What?"

"I-I L-Love you!"

"Oh, I love you too but-"

"No! I mean I love you! I love you more than a friend, more than a sister, and I want to be the only person in your life that you could love. I want to steal your heart, and make it mine. I want to be the one to wake up to your smiles every morning, make you happy, and make you laugh everyday. Sometimes I don't know what I would do without you. I don't know how I would be able to live without you. I love you so much it hurts. I even get jealous when the others are hugging you, making you laugh, and making you smile. I don't want you to smile at them. I want you to be mine, and only mine. I want to be selfish with you because I don't how long I can live without you by my side!"

"Ilhoon"

"I love you Abby! I love you"

"I love you too"

"What?"

"I love you too oppa. I don't know when or how I started to love you, but I do know that I love you. I can't seem to ever want to live without you. I hate to see you sad, cry, or mad for that matter. I want to be yours only, and I want to be selfish with you too. I want to be by your side forever. I want to hold your hand, go on dates, and even have my first kiss with you. I love you too much oppa"

Suddenly a loud noise irrupted from the front door. There stood six boys smiling like idiots, screaming, whistling, and cheering. Abby broke out into a fit of laughter, while Ilhoon was red as a tomato.

"Kiss her! Kiss her! Kiss her!"

"Ilhoon kiss her now before it's too late"

With a smirk on his face, Ilhoon leaned down to the blushing girl, and brushed his lips against hers. Electricity flowed through their bodies, their hearts beating at a rapid pace, and their faces red as a tomato. Ilhoon took the initiative and kissed her tenderly. The kiss was sweet, soft, and careful. Abby could feel all the love that he held for her. She felt as if their souls were already connected together, and she loved it.

Ilhoon felt as if her was in heaven, and nothing could bring him down. He forgot about his cancer, he forgot he was going to die soon, and he forget that the other guys were watching them. He pulled away to earn him a protest from her. He wanted to kiss her again but a hand was already covering his mouth.

"Slow down Ilhoon. We still have a maknae here"

"She's not innocent"

"I mean Sungjae you dummy!"

"Oh~"

"Ilhoon oppa?"

"Yeah"

"I know"

"You know what?"

"I know you have a brain tumor"

"What!? How!?"

"You guys are too noticeable, and do you really think that I wouldn't find out. I know how cancer works. I know what it does to you, and I know the symptoms"

"I-I"

"You don't have to explain oppa, I understand. All that matters is that we get to spend time with each other as much as time lets us"

"Thank you"

"For?"

"For not questioning me, and loving me"

__

 Abby's POV

5 Months later

I can no longer go out with him as much as I use to. He's too sick, and he's too weak to be able to stand on his own. Every time we went to the Hospital for his check up the doctor always said "His tumor sits on a weird spot in his brain. It's too close to where all his mobilities are, and his memory. He can slowly lose his memory as time goes by, so please be prepared". When the doctor says that it makes me pale, makes me speechless, and makes me break down and cry but I never cry infront of him. I have to be strong for him, but it's just too much for one person to handle. The other oppas try to make me feel good, but it's just all forced.

I'm glad Ilhoon oppa hasn't lost his memory yet. The doctor says it's a miracle he hasn't but there are always possibilities he still could lose it. Everyday I spend with him it's a new memory. I can't seem to shake the thought of him dying soon, and it scares me. I just wish I could spend more time with him.

"Princess?" Ilhoon oppa called

"Yes oppa" I said

"Promise me something" he said

"What is it?" I asked

"Promise me that when I die-"

"Stop it oppa. I don't want to hear that" I cut him off

"Abby" he said

"No! No! No! I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear about what you want from me during your death. Please, no" I yelled

"Abby, please. This is my last wish" he pleaded

"A-Alright" I gave in

"Promise me that when I die that you will smile. Just once, before I go I want to see your smile, your eyes shinning, and I also don't want to see you cry. Can you promise me?" He asked

"Y-Yes oppa, I-I pr-promise" I agreed

"I love you" He said, hugging me

"Love you too oppa" I responded back

 


No one's POV

3 weeks later

 

"Abby come quick!"

"Where!?"

"Seoul National Hospital. It's Ilhoon!"

"I'm on my way"

Through out the day Abby couldn't help but feel like something bad was going to happen, but she just ignored it. She didn't and couldn't think about Ilhoon deaths. She didn't want to get that phone call at 11:45 pm. She didn't want to hear those words 'It's Ilhoon' because she knew what was bound to happen. She knew what she had to expect and it wasn't making her feel any better at the moment. But she knew she had to fulfill one thing, and that was to give him his last wish.

She had three more minutes to get there. By the time she got there she could see BTOB's head hanging low. She could Sungjae hitting the floor, knuckles bleeding and probably broken. Eun Kwang was trying not to scream. Min Hyuk was crying his eyes out with his face buried in his hands. Changsub was banging his head against the chair, Peniel was bitting his bottom lip, shaking and quivering. Hyun Sik was just sitting on the floor, tears spilling. She walked up to them and all their heads turned her way.

"What happened?"

"He... he didn't m-make i-it"

"What"

"He didn't make it Abby. He passed right at midnight"

"What?"

"God dammit Abby! He died! He died!"

At that moment she lost it. She punched the hospital walls, breaking right through it. Her hand was bloody, scratched up, torn, and broken. She flipped chairs around, threw them across the hospital, and screamed. She fell to the floor, mumbling "How could I have been so late". Every word hit BTOB instantly. Peniel felt extremely guilty for yelling at her because he realized she never got to say goodbye.

Abby got up off the floor and looked to the room on her right. Ilhoon was there laying lifelessly. His body was covered with a white sheet. Stumbling, she walked into the room. She walked to his side and uncovered his face. He was blue, cold, and lifeless. Never would she have thought she would have to see this sight again. She cried and cried just looking at him.

"I'm sorry Ilhoon! I'm sorry! If only... if only I had just given you your last wish I wouldn't have to feel like this!"

 

Just once

 

Just once

 

Just once

 

"I will forever love you. Just know you were my man, my friend,  and most importantly my lover"

 

Just once

 

Just once

 

Just once

 

"I never got to say goodbye. I never got to say 'I love you' for the last time. Just for once I would like to rewind time and say what I wanted to say to you. To have the courage to say how much I love you. I wish to hold you tight again, to be in your arms, and to be able to here your voice. I won't ever stop loving you, Ilhoon. Goodbye"

Abby walked out of the room to find BTOB gone. She called their cells but they were shut off permanently. She couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe how easy they could leave and not tell her anything, but she knew she couldn't be mad so she left it alone.

12:00 am

December 25, 2010

Jung Ilhoon had died, and was never coming back


Present

 

Abby's POV

 

3 years later

 

Seoul graveyard

3:00 pm

December 25, 2013

 

"Ilhoon, it's been three years now, hasn't it? BTOB oppas are gone. I don't know where they left to. They just disappeared after you died. They never came to your funeral or did they never say goodbye. Honestly I'm not mad that they did that, it might have been your wish. I just wish we could be together here, talking to you"

"We're here now and we're sorry" someone said

"Eun kwang oppa?" I asked

"We're sorry" They all said

"It's ok oppas. I forgave you all a long time ago" I said

"Can we sit?" Peniel oppa asked

"You don't need to ask Peniel oppa. He was your friend before we ever met" I said

"Yeah, but he wasn't our boyfriend" he argued

"Still" I said

"You're still as stubborn as ever" Min Hyuk oppa said

"Am not" I argued

"I brought Ilhoonie hyungs favorite cake" Sungjae oppa said

"I bought his favorite drink" Hyun Sik oppa said

"I got his favorite book" Changsub oppa said

"I brought his favorite cd" Min Hyuk oppa said

"It's nice to have you guys back for just a little while, you know?" I said

"We aren't going anywhere anymore. We're staying here with you just as we promised him" Eun Kwang oppa stated

"What?" I asked

"Right before he died he made us promise to do some things for him after he died" Eun kwang explained

"That's why we were gone so long" I said

"He also made us promise to take care of you when we came back" he added

"He also wrote this for you" Peniel said, giving me a letter

"Hyung said 'Give this to her when you come back. I want her to read this on my third anniversary" Sungjae oppa said

"Read it,  it'll be good for you" Hyun Sik oppa said

I looked over the black envelope with a bright red rose sealing it from the center. It was just like Ilhoon. Everything this letter resembled was him. It resembled his style, taste, and personality. It was also my two favorite colors, black and red. It reminded me of when he would bring me a red rose every night. He would dramatically kneel on one knee and recite a rap he wrote for me then hand me a rose he hid behind his back. Each time it surprised me, made me smile, and cry. If I'd cry he would wipe my tears with his thumb and laugh at me for being so adorable.

Apparently when I would cry, it'd make him happy. He loved to see me cry because of him, but not in a bad way. He would tell me 'I love it when you cry because it shows how much you love me even if I do write these cheesy raps and recite them to you on one knee'

"Aren't you going to read, princess?" Peniel asked

"Huh? Oh yeah, sorry" I said

I slowly started to open the envelope, and take the letter out. The letter wasn't thick but it was just enough for him to tell me what he feels or thinks.

Abby,

You know I love you, right baby girl? I hope you do. It took me a long time to write this, trying not to cry so I wouldn't smudge the ink. I know I'm leaving you, and I don't really want to either. I also don't want to leave this Earth without saying my last goodbyes, so this is my last goodbye to you. I'm glad you never left me like my parents did when they found out I was sick. I'm so happy to have found you. I hope you still dance because that's what caught my attention. Your dancing made me happy and feel alive again. Then I met you, and you were a special one. I could tell by looking at you that you would be with me forever. I always loved your laughs, cries, and smiles. You lit up my day, and my darkest hours.

When we had started going out I had already thought about how I would propose to you when we got older. I imagined how our kids would look like. I imagined you in your wedding dress, your hair all done, and your hand with a ring on bonding you to me. I imagined all the possible things I would like to do with you, but I also knew I probably couldn't have them. I knew I was going to die sooner or later, but you gave me the will to live longer past the amount of days the doctors said I would live until. You are my everything, my girl, my friend, my lover, and my whole world.

Just remember you're my one and only girl. Just go day by day until you can accept my death, but I don't always want you to live a lonely life. I know this is a lot to ask for and selfish of me but find someone else you can love and lean on. Find your other half. Don't always dwell onto the past. I love you and always will.

Love,

Ilhoon

"Pabo" I said

"Yah! Who are you calling a Pabo? Huh?" Changsub oppa yelled

"Aish. Not you Changsub oppa" I said

"Oh, is it Sungjae?" he asked

"Me? what about me?" Sungjae asked, looking confused

"No not you oppa. I'm talking about Ilhoon oppa" I said

"Oh, why is he a Pabo?" Changsub oppa asked

"Cause he is" I responded

"It's getting late. We should head home." Eun Kwang oppa said

"You coming princess" Hyun Sik oppa asked, holing out his hand

"Yeah" I said, taking his hand

"Bye Ilhoon/hyung!" BTOB oppas yelled

"Bye oppa. I love you" I said

"Bye baby girl. Love you too and bye Sungjae and hyungs" Someone whispered 

"Oppas did you hear that!" I yelled, shocked

"Yeah, it looks like Ilhoon said his last goodbye for good. C'mon lets head home. To BTOB's home" Eun Kwang oppa said

While walking home with BTOB oppas I thought about all that life creates and things life never prepares you for, like death, and the way death never gives you a warning. Life would be so much easier if it did, wouldn't it? The unexpected is never expected. Just like how two people who never had anything good in their lives fall in love with each other. The things life gives you to only be taken away within a second. If only I hadn't let it fall out of my grasp, and only if he had enough time to say what he wanted.

Time only ceases to exist if you live in the past. It only stops because you can't let go, and that only makes the pain, sadness, and anger worsen. Well that's what happened to me when I chose to live in the past. I chose to let my emotions take over because I was so in love with a guy who made me laugh, who made me cry at times, who made me smile, and who made my heart flutter with each touch. He was the only guy for me, and he was my only first love.

We both had painful memories, painful pasts but we had each other and that was enough to makes us forget our past. I was his drug and he was mine. We loved each other too much to ever utter a word of hateful remarks. He was such a joy to be around. He was a dork, but my dork. Never in my life did I ever think I would fall in love, or cry over a person other than my parents.

When I look back when we were together, happy as ever, I see me, him, and his friends goofing around, laughing, and having a good time. Now it's just not the same without him, but I know he'll always be with us, watching out for us.

 


I'm sorry this one-shot story was so long. I really didn't intend to make it long but I felt like this story needed a lot of detailed events.

I hope you guys liked this story because I spent a couple of days writing it, trying to finish it and make it as perfect as it can possibly be.

I also hope you guys liked the ending. I thought a simple ending to the story would suffice.

Anyways please comment your feelings, opinions, and thoughts!

Thank you guys for taking your time reading this story and I hope you enjoyed it!

With lots of love, bye!