final.

Amusement Park.

“J-.. in?!” I couldn’t hide my shocked face when I saw who it was on the other side of the bridge in front of me. Holding onto the Super Mario figurine on my right hand I loosened my grip and nearly dropped it. Why is it Jin?

The guy, well Jin, who stood on the other side of the bridge, stared at me with the same expression as mine. Shocked. Simply shocked. Why?

After a few moment of awkward silence, I realized the camera was still running, and well, he must have realized it too, a little earlier then i did because when I snapped out of my dazed expression, he was smiling at me, waving as well.

I waved back, slowly, then started walking towards him, trying to hide the embarassed face of mine from the camera but also, from the person in front of me. Jin.. Kim Seokjin, the eldest in Bangtan Boys, was now my husband. Fake husband, to be accurate, for the new special season in 'We Got Married’.

We got Married is a show that I’m sure many of you have heard of because of its popularity of being a reality, variety show where two idols are put together and are ‘married’. The show follows them in their new life in a little apartment together. Though Jin is an idol, I am not. Why am I here? That’s because this is a special season where a non-idol girl is chosen at complete random in the whole of South Korea to be featured in this season.

I don't know if i should be considered lucky, or unlucky since i was forced into this. I had no idea what had happened when they called my parents near midnight the other day just to inform them that Yay! Your daughter had just been chosen to be in the next season of We Got Married! I was woken up, half-asleep, ready to take my final end of year test tomorrow and interrupted in the middle of the night with my mum happily and excitingly screaming the news at me. The next day of course though, returned to normal because no one was supposed to know, and I had failed my test. At least I'm pretty sure i did.

Honestly though. Who calls at midnight.

As usual, the person that i was going to be 'married' with was not revealed. But who would have guessed that this pretty boy here, not going to lie, who takes care of his image the most and does the most aegyos in his group when he’s more than a few years older than the maknae, to be my husband?

No. this wasn’t the person I had hoped for.

Not to mention, he was pretty awkard. And so am i.

Holding out his hands to greet me, he smiled. And of course, to be polite, I smiled back.

“What’s your name?” Jin asked me, slightly glancing down at my other hand, obviously more interested in the Super Mario Figurine then who he’s going to be married with. How awkward. Shouldn't the husband of this show at least know? He was an idol anyway. This kind of show should be banned! 

“Seulhyo.” I introduced myself, simply and held the figurine in front of him. “and you are.. Jin, right?”

He nodded and grinned, making sure to be pretty enough in the angle he was facing the camera in.

Holding the figurine up in front of him, I forcefully lifted the sides of my lips even more. “This, is what you want right? Uh I mean.. this is our marriage present, from the crew”

“Oh really! Thank you so much!! It really is awesome!” He grabbed it from my hand swiftly causing my eyes to widen a little, before he looked at it with an amused expression before holding it down. Why? It is so that one of the ‘We Got Married’ crew member could sneak underneath quickly and take it away to be kept somewhere safe.

“So..”

“We're heading to the Amusement Park!" I was interrupted by the cheerful Jin who held onto my hand. My face felt a little hot for a sudden, but in contrast, his hands were so cold.

I tried not to concentrate on the his cold hands on mine and i looked up to him and smiled. "Alright, let's go" i said trying to sound as cheerful as i could as we started walking down the bridge.

"CUT!" one of the crew yelled. We both stopped and turned around. The cold hand was no longer there holding onto mine. I immediatedly placed my hands in the pockets of my hoodie. It was cold and his hands only added to it. Not to mention, the winter air. 

--

To go the amusement park, we had to take a car, and of course we both sat next to each other in the van, with the camera in front of both of us rolling in case something interesting happened. Nothing happened though. It was plain awkward silence. The trip to our destination was surprisingly long, and i guess the crew in front of us gave up, because after a few minutes he put the camera away and decided to take a nap.
It was still awkward, between us, but i constantly felt the glance he gave me when i was obviously trying to concentrate on the scenery outside, to avoid this awkwardness.

"Seulhyo-ah.."

A noise interrupted. 

We both turned to the crew in front of us, who had fallen asleep now, and snoring loudly, comfortable from the warmth the van gave.

We looked at each other and laughed out loud. And for the first time since we met, it wasn't awkward at all. It was comfortable and when we stopped laughing, we both looked at each other while grinning. The feeling was warm but it ended quickly when we realized both our faces had turned a little red. In sync, we turned to face the car window again. A happy sigh of relief came a little afterwards from him and i smiled. Maybe it won't be awkward anymore, hopefully, when we arrive at the amusement park.

-- 


That was a stupid thought. Everything returned to plain awkwardness as he tried to walk a little closer to me, around the not very crowded amusement park with the cameras running. We were going to be in the ferris wheel first and two camera crew was to follow us in to capture any sweet moments. I doubt there'll be any. I'm sure he doubts that as well.

Sitting inside the ferris wheel, we secured ourself by sitting in front of the other, two frozen faces facing each other.

 "So, Seulhyo-ah~ where do you want to go after this?" Jin asked me a few seconds after one of the crew had gave us a thumbs up.

"Hm.. I don't know" I told him while shrugging. It was so obvious that the camera man had just facepalmed.

"I mean- You can choose" I said after hesitating a while, i didn't want to disappoint my parents because of my poor job on 'We Got Married' and i don't want the crew to kick me out since this is, kinda a once in a lifetime opportunity. Right? 

"Mm.. Ok then, i'll think about it" he answered with a somewhat charmed expression. Man. He acts well in front of the camera.

The awkward silence came again. Jin was the cause this time though, because clearly, he was the one who had ended our conversation. Since we both kept silent for the moment, i decided to look at the scenery outside the ferris wheel. It wasn't my first time riding one of course, but the scenery this time was uniquely pretty. It seemed to be peaceful, with the sun not shining too brightly too be hot and the clouds not too many to cover up the blue sky. A few birds can be seen flying around in the as well, above the sea that seemed small yet endless from where i was. Above the clouds. I sighed as i stared at the wonderful scenery. I wanted to stay up here forever, away from the ground, up in the sky.. 

"It's beautiful.. Isn't it?" A soft voice whispered into my ear.

Surprised i turned around to see Jin. Since when was he sitting next to me? Maybe when i wasn't noticing he had asked for one of the camera man to switch spots with him. I smiled and nodded. Having him switch spots wasn't that bad i guess.

Looking at him i pointed down to the ground and frowned a little. "Too bad it has too end once we get down there"

He giggled a little and took out his phone. "Then lets take a picture to celebrate this moment.. Shall we?"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt." I simply replied.

While looking at his phones lens, i thought of the scenery again. It made me feel light and i certainly didn't want this to stop.

"Cheese!" Jin said and took a picture.

After that he went back to  being concentrated on doing whatever he was doing on his phone. And so I sighed, slumped down on my seat a little, and the camera man packed up, getting ready to leave quickly as i simply stared at their busy looking faces. There was nothing interesting for them to film, maybe they will kick me out of this and find an actual fan after all. It mustve been tough.

A shiver went down my spine suddenly when I felt the familiar breath close to my ears. "the funs not ending yet. i promise you. once we get off the ferris wheel, we'll be free. you wont regret it." I turned to Jin slowly and looked at him confusingly.

What does he mean, by being free?

"Just take my hand and get ready to run" The expression i was looking at was definitely not one of an innocent being. It seemed almost devilish.

He then held out his hands before asking for mine. Hesitantly, i held his hands. What was he planning to do? I asked myself again and again confused and slightly worried.

Stepping out of the ferris wheels we were greeted by the crew and i took a deep breath. It'll be awkward again with the camera following us to every single place.
Suddenly, he tugged me a little with his elbow, i looked at him and he mouthed 'are you ready'. But before i could reply we were already running. With Jin dragging along the confused me as i wondered what had just happened.

Jin had planned to run after riding the Ferris wheel, I figured, to avoid the awkwardness of having a camera following us everywhere. But wasn't he used to cameras? Didn't he like cameras?

To be honest, everything went too fast. The crew was yelling at us to get back to them already, with some of the crews trying to catch us. Surprisingly we managed to out run them. It was fun, i don't want to admit it but it really was. Having the cool wind blowing through the both of us as we ran and the countless stares at us like we were a crazy couple, it was fun. I tried not to laugh so i won't look pathetic while running but i couldn't help. And there was something different about Jin this time, looking down at his hands that were linked with mine tightly, it wasn't cold anymore. It was warm.

Stopping at an empty bench afterwards we made sure the coast was clear and that there weren’t any camera crew around to film or catch us. We both panted, breathless from the run for a while, trying to inhale and exhale quickly to catch our breath.  

Jin carelessly threw himself onto the bench while I continued to stand there, trying to catch my breath. I had laughed a lot throughout the whole time we were running and I couldn’t stop smiling even after catching my breath.

“You’re laughing now huh?” Jin said a little after I settled myself down next to him on the bench.

“Yea!” I cheered happily and grinned at him. His face turned a slightly pink and because of that I laughed again.

“Hey! Just stop laughing alright?!” he pouted, embarrassingly. Wow… why does he have to pout like this? It makes me harder to stop laughing

It was too difficult to stop so I giggled instead, trying to calm myself down, but of course, that didn’t work. I continued laughing whenever I opened my eyes to see his angry but pouting face. Maybe I wasn’t the one that should stop laughing; he should simply stop looking at me with that face!

Two warm hands were placed on the side of my face suddenly and I stopped laughing. Shocked, I looked into his eyes with my widened one, wanting to know what was going on. He looked at me seriously and leaned closer to my face. Wait no… afraid, I closed my eyes tightly. I don’t even know him that well! We can’t just.. I mean HE can’t just kis-

“kidding..” Jin’s voice breathed as he leaned back, laughed and let go of my face

…. “YOU! KIM SEOKJIN! WHAT! YOU CAN”T JUST! WHAT!” I unconsciously blurted out and yelled at him.

He simply stuck out his tongue. “Geez~ now you’re angry… hehe”

I frowned and looked at him angrily, speechless and turning red. It must be the weather. 

“Hey.. calm down! I was just joking”

I turned around to the other side, avoiding his glance at me and to hide the embarassed face of mine.

“Geez… you know, you’re the exact complete opposite of my ideal type of wife~” He smirked.

“I wasn’t trying to impress you or anything! I mean, I don’t even know why I have to be married to someone like you especially on a show like ‘We Got Married’” I pouted then mumbled still facing the other side of him.

There was an awkward silence after that and I wondered if I had made him sad. But…!  He was the one that started it first…

“… did you know..? it’s my birthday today” his voice breathed out into the air.

A pang of guiltiness stung inside me and I turned my head a little slowly, trying to take a glance at him.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…” 

The wind blew towards us. It was silent but somehow it was peaceful. I could hear the sound of crickets in the bushes at the back of us as well. That was when I noticed, where we had ran to was far and deep inside the amusement park. The view of the sea was right in front of us and only a few people were there.

“Ah! You thought I’d be sad right? I’m not the kind of person to be angry with” Jin said in a cheerful yet husky voice breaking the silence.

Unexpectedly, I found myself being wrapped in his arms from the back. I tried my best to not move when I felt his body close to mine. He placed his head on my shoulder afterwards, and I looked away, face burning in embarrassment.

“But what you said…” That voice whispered into my ear for the third time of the day and I heard a small and short laugh. “Wasn’t what I wanted to hear”

The feeling of confused came back to me again while he let go of me and sigh. He said that it was his birthday today. So I said I was sorry for being rude to him. Oh. So that was what he had wanted.

“Jin!” I gathered my courage and faced him with my red face. Jin returned it with a half-confused, half-serious face. Looking around to see if there were any film crews around I was glad to find none, but instead some girls that were looking at me, with a jealous expression. I guess they were Jin’s fans… but how they did find where we are?

“What?” his voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned back to him.

“Uh…” I tried to remember what I was going to say.

When I did, I stood up and stood in front of him.

“Thank you; thank you for coping with me even though it was only a day. And I hope we will cooperate well for this season of We Got Married and continue to work harder for every episode. Please take good care of me!” I bowed to him quickly then sat down on the seat next to him once again.

“… That’s it?” He asked and sighed when I looked at him with a slightly confused expression. “I was expecting something else as well… something like-“

Without a second thought I leaned closer to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly. I guess he was surprised because it wasn’t until after a few seconds that i found a pair of hands on my back. I didn’t let go, I didn’t want him to see my face. Instead, hoping the fans and none of the staffs were here to film this.  I tried my best to say it in a normal voice.

“Happy Birthday”


 

A/N

This is so bad- i'm sorry. My two years younger self must have been really weird to have thought of this-

Thank you for reading though! Please leave comments down below, to tell me your opinion i guess.

See you!  

And once again, i apologize.