Mixed Emotions

Rotten Truth

            I glance at my phone for what seems like the hundredth time in the last hour.

Why does it always have to be me that talks to you first?

            I heave an irritated sigh. I feel anger boil inside of me.

            It’s always been like this. I guess it was only a matter of time before I got tired of it.

            I lay down on my bed in my dorm room, the room I once shared with Soohyun. I find it hard to believe that I had considered him my closest friend. I really am starting to doubt that he ever cared about me.

            He always said that he really did care, but this makes me wonder.

            About a month ago I had helped him find a job so he could pay for tuition and whatnot. There was an opening in the office I work at and I told him to apply and I put out a good word for him, one of many things I feel I’ve done for him.

            I have a pretty good reputation at the office, I’m known as a hard worker and well, I’m guessing my boss thought I’d have some hard working friends and so he hired Soohyun.

            I was in charge of helping Soohyun, I was responsible for teaching him what to do and what was required from the job. Honestly, I thought it would be great having a close friend of mine work with me.

            Boy, was I ever wrong.

            I had always known Soohyun was one who didn’t liked being told what to do, I suppose he wasn’t at all amused about me being considered his superior and every now and then he’d act up and give me a bit of an attitude.

            If I wasn’t at work I would have just let it fly because that’s just the way he is. But I was at work. I had to put him in his place, here he wouldn’t be allowed to do as he pleased. I would have liked to see him talk to our boss with that attitude. He would have been booted in a heartbeat. I never said anything to our boss though, I just told Soohyun that he’d better do as he told or else I’d report him to the man. Maybe it was a bit harsh, but I need this job and I wasn’t about to let Soohyun make it more difficult than it already was.

            Sure, his insubordinate attitude bugged me, but that wasn’t why I stopped talking to him.

            The reason I haven’t contacted him was because he quit.

            He quit the job and didn’t say a word to me about it, he also moved out of our dorm and found his own apartment.

            It felt terrible. Everyone else at work knew he was quitting and yet Soohyun never spoke a word to me about it, according to one of the managers Soohyun had “found a better job” as he had put it. He hadn’t told our boss why he quit though, so when he approached me a few days after Soohyun’s last day asking why he’d quit I felt embarrassed to say that I had no idea.

            Soohyun didn’t even last a month there. . . I could only imagine what my co-workers think. They probably believe all of my friends are lazy and can’t keep a job. . .

            A part of me knows why Soohyun didn’t tell me about quitting. He had never been fond of telling me what he was planning to do because I’d always point out the flaws in his ideas and how there were better options.

            I feel a smirk play its way onto my lips.

            Silly Soohyun. He always liked to believe he was the mature one.

            That belief in itself is childish.

            He’d always act without thinking, and when he did think it really didn’t seem to go well. I’d always point out the problems in his ideas, and he’d be quite upset whenever he’d realize that I’m right.

            I’m almost always right. It must be frustrating to always be wrong. I suppose I can’t blame him for wanting to be correct for once.

            This doesn’t stop me from feeling anger and betrayal at him for not letting me know he was leaving.

            The reason there was even an opening at the office was because we recently had a handful of people quit, so we were short-staffed. Now that Soohyun is gone and with such little notice and time to find a replacement now I’m stuck with double the workload each day. For two weeks I worked six day weeks since Soohyun had a day in which he’d be the only one running all the paperwork for our branch of the office and now that he had gone on such short notice I had to fill in for him.

            Sometimes I just want to call him and yell at him for how badly he screwed me over at work.

            He tainted my reputation and gave me extra work just because he wanted to be right for once!

            Although I still can’t help but feel guilty that I wish ill fortune on him at his new job. . .

            What hurts more is that as usual he doesn’t bother to contact me. He knows my days off, he knows what my hours are so he could text or call at the appropriate time, yet he doesn’t contact me at all and quite frankly it breaks my heart

            I thought we were close but he never calls or texts me first, the idiot just waits for me to talk to him.

            It makes me beyond angry because he’d often complain saying that no one ever talks to him.

            Well, obviously they won’t if you don’t ever talk to them.

            Even if it is just a couple of times that he’d spark up a conversation with someone else then people will know that he actually wants to talk to others and maybe people would call or text him more often.

            But of course, silly, immature Soohyun doesn’t understand.

To think I spent all these years chasing after him. . .

            And yet there is something about that old goof that still makes me smile and wish he’d talk to me.

            It’s been almost two months since I last spoke to him and not a single day has passed in which I don’t think about texting or calling him. I have to constantly fight the urge to do so. I’ve always showed him that I care, that he’s someone important to me but I feel like it’s highly one-sided. I want him to come to me for once, just like he wanted to be right. I want to know that even if he doesn’t have any romantic feelings for me that I’m still an important enough person for him to take time out of his day just to talk to me, even if it is just a simple “Hey, Hoon! How are you today?”

            But I see now that he simply doesn’t care, and that’s just a rotten truth I have to live with.

 

-----

A/N: Hope you guys liked it, comment, subscribe, y'know, do your thing. Until next time!

~Liveformusic~