Unwelcome?

Man in Love... With a Maid!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We all sang happy birthday to his mommy and hung out for a while. What I wondered was where his step family was… Did they leave because they knew we were coming?

I poked Sunggyu to ask him, “Where’s oppa’s family?”

“They’re going to be out until later…” He responded.

I bit my lip feeling guilty, “Was it because of us…?”

He took a deep breath, “Don’t worry about it.”

Knowing his answer signified that I was right. I felt bad on our behalf making me regret that we came altogether. But looking at Hoya’s smile and being able to spend time with his mother and his brothers, I could tell he was really happy. Yeah, I don’t regret it. It’s only once, I hope they don’t mind.

 

After cutting the cake and having a lively time inside, I decided to help Hoya’s mother clean up.

“I’m sorry for all the hassle.” I muttered while I put the dishes in the sink.

“Oh no, don’t mind it.” She smiled, “I’m glad you were all able to come and visit. I’ve never met some of Howonnie’s brothers and friends. It was a nice present for me to be able to see him like that. The best birthday wish I could ever ask for.”

My heart warmed up with her words while she looked at my awed expression, “What’s wrong dear?”

“Nothing.” I smiled, “I just remembered my mother.”

“Your mother?” She asked.

I nodded, “Yeah, I miss seeing her. It’s just that I’m here because I needed to go to school.”

“Oh really?” She nodded in interest, “Where are you from?”

I told her how I was from Japan and we both made small talk. It was fun talking to Hoya oppa’s mother, I remembered Kasaan from her. Myungsoo caught the two of us talking in the kitchen.

“Hello auntie.” He greeted Ms. Lee.

“Oh hello Myungsoo.” She smiled, “You look just like your mother…”

“My mother?” He questioned as she nodded.

“Yeah, I used to know her. She’s a very sweet young lady, just like Haruhi herself.”

I smiled thinking that Myungsoo’s mother and I would have something in common.

“Thank you all.” She thanked us, “I heard you two were the ones who planned this and whatnot. I love seeing my son’s smile like that. I know his brothers must really love him. It makes me sad that I can’t be there for him when he needs me…”

I gave her a soft hug, “Don’t worry! Hoya oppa tells me how much he loves you and how he misses you a lot!”

“Is that true?” She grinned.

I nodded, “Neh!”

We both smiled at each other until we heard the door beginning to open. I looked over to Hoya’s mother whose smile faded and turned into a worried face. It could only mean one thing.

The door opened with a pretty young lady who seemed a little bit older than us. She looked at all of us as she was holding a cake in her hands. While she walked inside, she just placed it carelessly on the table along with her stuff. I could sense that she was very unwelcoming towards us. Me and Myungsoo remained silent as her impudent status was giving us such vibes. This must be Hoya’s noona…

“Hyori…” Her mother looked at her daughter whose eyes were flaring.

“Mother, you have guest.” She looked over at us then in the direction of the backyard where everyone else was at, “You should focus your attention more on them then your own family. Dad will be home soon, just to let you know.”

“Hyori, honey… your brother was waiting for—“

“Mom, I don’t have a brother.” She growled, “Now please excuse me and just call me when your guests have left.”

She stormed up stairs leaving us all speechless.

“I’m sorry about her attitude,” Her mother apologized on her behalf, “It’s just that she’s not used to expecting so much guests over…”

“It’s fine…” I mumbled.

This must be what Hoya has to go through every time he goes here. It must be hard having a setting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter