One shot.

The Florist's Hyde.

Choi Sooyoung’s begging on working in her aunt’s flower shop has finally granted.

She arrived in front of the shop, with one huge brown wheeled travel luggage, readily to settle down in the attic of the shop as her current temporary living place. She gives herself a sound of relief and a bright smile after a long ride in the bus from Seoul.

The fact that she is now in Gwangju, her birthplace, gives her the feel of a fresh restart of her horrible experience working in a bank. She needed some space, and working part time as a florist seems like the best answer for her.

She greeted her aunt as she made her way quickly into the shop, hiding her luggage under the cashier table. The shop is already open, and she doesn’t has any plans of wasting one day off since she is basically now jobless and her aunt is kind enough to take her in.

However, in her aunt’s perspective, she took her in merely as a guest. Sooyoung has always been her favorite niece. Knowing all the troubles and hard work she has been through as a money laundering analysis in Woori Bank, she decided to accept her as her temporary worker although she doesn’t really need one at the moment. Having her around the shop is already a bliss.

“Sooyoung, would you mind transferring those tickseeds to the entrance? Thank you.” Her aunt points three pots of freshly grown orange tickseed flowers near to a wooden cabinet just below the stairs. She nods, starts lifting the pots, and runs quietly to the entrance before she loses all her energy.

She was arranging the flower pots [to make the entrance looks welcoming while ensuring all of them receive enough sunlight], when she first saw the high school boy.

The boy has gloominess aura all over him. His walking pace was slow; every step might take more than 3 seconds. Nothing the boy has done, but manages to get her attention. Sooyoung, a lady who once works in a busy city, never once in her life time to walk that slow. His face was never lift up, and his eyes were half opened – instead of feeling like the boy is half-awake, he looks more like a person who is thinking of something, something unpleasant.

The boy walks pass her when she decided to talk to him, at least to cheer him up. “Hey.”

Not knowing the lady was calling him, he keeps on his pace.

“Hey, Hyde boy!” She runs to him, tapping his shoulder to get his attention.

Confuse and wth-was-going-on-here were all over his face. He finally lifts his head, shifting his attention from the floor to the young lady behind him.

And at that moment, was Sooyoung’s turn to get startled, realizing the boys’ eyes could actually opens that wide.

She quickly greets him with a huge smile, hoping her cheerfulness would turn his gloomy days to better. “Hi.”

“Err…Hi?” The boy stares at the weird lady, doesn’t quite sure what to react to her joyful and merry actions early in the morning.

“Look Hyde boy, it’s not a good omen to put on that face before heading to school. Put a wide a smile on your face, think positively, and your day will be at least a little bit better than you thought it would be!!”

Her voices are loud enough for the whole street to hear her and see her hand movements as if she is reciting a poem. Those things she did brought giggling to their surroundings.

Feeling embarrassed because of this strange stranger, the boy decided to leave the place quickly. Without saying even a good bye, he turns and walks quickly away from her, heading to his school.

Sooyoung took another approach by going back to the shop, picked up the tickseed flower and ran towards the boy before she lose the sight of him. “Here, take this. A gift from me, Coreopsis. Please have a happy day, Hyde boy.”

The boy shows her his feelings of uneasiness as he tries to ignore her present, continuing his walk, but quicker.

She secretly places the flower in the boy’s side pockets of his school bag.

She skips on her way back to the shop. She places seven dollars into the cashier machine and proceeds with helping her aunt. She felt like her day is going to get better after persuading the boy to cheer up.

****************************************************

The boy arrives at school, feeling really disturbed at how students who passed him seems to whispering to each other.

“Morning Kyungsoo!” The sound of another cheerful human-being greets the gloomy boy.

“Morning...Suho…” The boy carefully hangs his bag on the purse hanger at the edge of his desk.

“Oh? You brought a tickseed flower! Where did you found it?” Suho shows the boy his bag’s pocket.

“Oh God, that woman..” Kyungsoo shakes his head disbelief while taking out the flower to take a closer look. “Suho, why did you say Tickseed? She told me it’s Coreopsis..”

“Same thing. Coreopsis is its scientific name. Pretty isn’t it? Wait, did you just say she?” Suho spontaneously jumped while clapping his hand, having the wrong idea of from who his dear friend has received the flower.“Kyungsoo! You got a GIRLFRIEND?!”

At the precise moment, Kai reached the classroom, enable him to hear the whole conversation between those two. He said nothing as he made his way to his desk. He waited for Sehun, totally ignoring the presence others.

Suho, being the person who understands the atmosphere between his friends, pokes Kyungsoo. “Hey, have you apologized Kai? His science project is ruined because of you.”

Suho sighed at his friend after getting a death glare for bringing the topic up. “I know you were mad because he said something too much. But he was too mad at that time, forgive him. Will you?”

Kyungsoo understands his friend words clearly. He put his egoness aside, making his way to Kai. He knew, whatever it is, he does feels lonely for not being able to talk to him like always.

Kai was surprised at Kyungsoo’s figure beside him. He handed him the flower that florist gave him and went straight back to his seat. Kai was still frozen while holding the tickseed.

The whole class burst into laughter at Kyungsoo’s horrible way of mending his friendship.

“YAH! How come you gave him your girlfriend’s flower? Those are for you!” Suho facepalmed. 

“You have a girlfriend?” Sehun who finally arrived, squeezed Kyungsoo.

“She’s not my girlfriend! She’s just a florist lady I met on my way here.”

Sehun made a sly eyes provoking Kyungsoo, doesn’t believe anything that comes out from his friend’s mouth.

At the other side of the classroom, Kai carelessly laid the flower in his English textbook and slammed it close. He was very irritated. His used-to-call best friend got himself a girlfriend at such crucial time of their friendship.

Kai’s head keeps repeating ‘How can he be so happy?’ as he frown, alone at his own seat.

*************************************************

Kyungsoo walks home, one step at a time, feeling how the day would be much nicer if Kai joins him. He did wrong but Kai is too. He should’ve said something when he gave him the flower.

“KONNICHIWA~!!!”

A sudden screaming of greeting surprised Kyungsoo from his long thinking.

The same florist from the morning approach him with a big smile plastered on her face. “How was your day, Hyde boy?”

“If greeting me is something you think that would lead me to buy flowers in your shop. I’m sorry. I’m not interested in flowers. They’re pretty much expensive for a high school student. Go and find another customer.” Kyungsoo gently pushes Sooyoung aside, trying to make his way home.

Sooyoung wraps her arm on his shoulder, giggling while trying hard to hide the fact that she did got hurt by his words.

“I just want to see your smile, that’s all.” She pokes him on his cheek and waves him good bye.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes watching this strange lady and continues walking along the street.

*************************************************

The very next day, Sooyoung intentionally stays outside the shop, acting like she is taking care of the flowers when truthfully, she is waiting for the Hyde boy to walk pass her shop.

It is already pass the starting of class hours and he was nowhere to be seen. She waited for him after school time, and again, he’s not there.

The next day is the same and it continues for a week.

She started to feel worried, wondering if something happens to the boy but then decided not to keep on with negative thoughts.

She took a bouquet of flowers, placed them carefully inside her bicycle’s basket and made her way to an address that her aunt gave her. After successfully delivering them, she cycles back to the shop.

Realizing there is a new road she hasn’t tried before, she decided right away to follow it.

That’s when she saw the Hyde boy, all by himself sleeping on a grassy slope at a park. A group of boys were happily playing soccer at the bottom, and Sooyoung finds it ironic for a boy to actually sleep and not find watching them a fascinating thing.

She parks her bicycle and settles her on the grass, beside the sleeping Hyde boy.

The view is great. She watches the boys below playing joyfully; running and passing a ball until one of them manage to kick them into a goal.

She claps and whistles, congratulating the boy who succeeds it. The Hyde boy wakes up from his deep sleep because of sudden noise she made.

“WOAHH!! What are you doing here?” The Hyde boy was half furious and half curious at this lady’s presence beside him.

“Relax; I just want to enjoy watching these prefect young boys playing soccer. You just happen to be sleeping on the best place to watch them, that’s all.” She wraps her arm on his shoulder again.

“Stop leisurely resting your arm on me, my friends will get the wrong idea!” The Hyde boy rejects her arm and turns his head towards the soccer field. Sooyoung turns her head and realized all the boys have stopped playing and were all staring at them.

“Why are they looking at us?” She whispers at the Hyde boy.

“Aish!” He pulled her away from the park.

“Wait..wait! My bike!” She struggles to get her bicycle and then follows the boy.

The boy didn’t say a word until he felt like they are far enough from the park.

“Just letting you know, I’m not interested in noona. So stop looking for me!” The boy demanded, make it clear to the florist lady.

Sooyoung smiles at the absurd thought the boy had. “I’m not interested into school boys too. I’m a working grown up lady, what were you thinking?”

“Then, why?”

“Why what?”

“I mean, you were bothering me on my peaceful way to school and on my way home too.”

“It’s just that one day! I didn’t do it on the other days!”

“I saw you were standing outside the shop every day. If I walk passed you, you would bothering me again, right?”

“You saw me?! So you were taking a different route to avoid meeting me? Gosh, I thought something have happened to you..” She ruffles his hair, giggling at the boy’s nonsense.

She clears , wraps her arm again on his shoulder and walks together down the street to the flower shop. “Hyde boy, I’m only wanted to know what makes you so gloomy. It was early in the morning, nothing starts yet, but you were so gloomy.. Of course I’m curious.”

The boy release a huge sighed. “Promise me to not bothering me again if I told you?”

“Sure!” She shows him her pinky promise.

“There’s this person in school. We’re not in a good terms. So, I miss being with this person. That’s all. I even gave the person the flower that you gave me, but rather saying thank you or I am also sorry, the person didn’t say anything - making me not in a good mood every day.”

“Ohhhhh….” She nodded countless times, giggling at the boy’s story. “You know what, if you keep on giving ‘the person’ flowers, the person might change the way the person views you.”

“Huh?” The boy gives her weird look, wondering why in the world did the florist said the word ‘the person’ instead of ‘he’.

“Sometimes, you don’t need words to know the other person is asking for forgiveness too. But it would be awkward to just leave it like that.. Don’t you think?” Her eyes are sparkling, hoping that the boy agrees to her theory. 

“What do you think I supposed to do?”

“Listen, Hyde boy, everyday, come to my shop and I’ll present you a flower. Don’t worry about the price, it’s all on me. Just go to school and gives it to the person. Let me know the person’s reaction on your way home.”

He stares at her disbelieve.

“Stop giving me such death glare!”

“I am not.”

“Then stop looking at me like that. It’s creeping me out.”

“I’m so sorry; I was born with these eyes.”

“Your request for forgiveness has been accepted.” She playfully ruffles his hair again.

“Stop it, strange lady!”

“Strange lady? Hey, I have a name! Call me Sooyoung.”

“Who cares? You called me Hyde boy anyway.”

Sooyoung nods, “Fair enough!”

“Back to the topic, isn’t it weird to give flowers just to mend friendship? It doesn’t look right to me. I find it kind of old fashion too.”

Sooyoung snapped. “Look! This is the problem with our society nowadays! Guys especially! They don’t appreciate the existence of flowers and how to use it! Flowers have their own language and it could speak on our behalf by just giving it to others! It’s a beautiful thing! Do it!”

There she goes again, raising her hands and spinning as if she is some kind of poet. The boy covers his face, thinking how humiliated he felt standing beside the strange lady.

“Okay.. Whatever, but didn’t I told you to stop bothering me? Now you want me to meet you every morning for flowers?”

Sooyoung pauses. Hyde boy got a point.

“Then, I’ll just say morning to you, give you a flower and you can just leave. No big deal.” She pouts.

“Then how about telling you the person’s reaction?” He asks her again, curiously.

“Well, by showing me thumbs up or down, is enough..”

Hyde boy was still staring at her. Wondering here and there, why does she go all the trouble for him. It’s his problem, what does she gain anyway? But if that will get her away from talking too much, he’s fine with it. It was a deal and they went separate ways.

********************************************************

Kyungsoo is on his way to the school like always, when he sees the strange lady already waiting for him in front of her shop. They greeted each other with a simple ‘Morning’ and she will give him a flower, a purple Crocus, before they parted. She went to the cashier after waiting for him to disappear from her view.

Kyungsoo arrives at his classroom and hands Kai the flower. Kai looks away, showing that he is ignoring his presence. Kyungsoo lays the flower on Kai’s open textbook and goes to his seat.

Kai glares at him, shutting the textbook hard enough for the whole class to shift their attention to them. The flower crushed inside the book.

“I knew it flower won’t work.” Kyungsoo peeved by just thinking about it.

“Kyungsoo! Nice lady you got there! A hottie! Oh my god!” Chanyeol greeted him as soon as he steps in the class.

“How many times do I need to tell you guys, she’s is not my girlfriend!”

“Nope. I don’t believe you anymore! Especially yesterday, you and her! With our own eyes! Good job, dude!” Baekhyun joins the conversation.

“Yeah, Kyungsoo is no joke. He’s like in another level! Oh my god! A noona! A hottie one if you ask me!” The tall Chanyeol speaks again and the others agree. “Congrats. Kyungsoo is officially a hot topic in our school!” 

Kyungsoo breaths out a loud sigh, indicating he doesn’t want to be disturbed. His friends understand it immediately and carry on with their daily school life.

*************************************************

He went pass the flower shop, knocks on the door to get Sooyoung’s attention to show her thumbs down. She nods and he quickly leaves.

*************************************************

She gives Kyungsoo a white Primrose the next day.

And again, Kai mashes the flower inside his textbook. He still keeps quite, not a single word spoken to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo went back to the shop to show her another thumb down.

**************************************************

The store is almost on its time to close, and Sooyoung is thinking hard if it’s possibly the best flower for Hyde boy is Daffodil. She was about to lift the open sign when two figures rushing towards her.

“This store is still open, is it? Please..please.. I need to buy my wife flowers and I need it urgently. I can’t believe I almost forgot my wife’s birthday.”

Sooyoung smiles at the man and guides him inside the store. Her aunt takes the customer as she introduces and suggests him the perfect gift for his wife.

The other guy, a boy to be precise, was left standing outside the store speechless staring at Sooyoung. Sooyoung gives a glance at the emotionless boy and quickly remembers him. He was the boy who scored the goal on the other day.

“Ahhh!!! You’re the one who scores!”

“Oh! It is you.” The boy replied.

He was thinking about the lady too as much as the lady was trying to figure out why does the boy looks familiar to her.

“Yes, it is me - the one who cheered for you at the park!” The boy nods.

His eyes are now wandering at the flowers presented in the shop.

“What’s taking dad so long?” The boy murmured.

Sooyoung smiles while explaining that choosing the right flowers is important because every single flower holds meaning. “For example, these different color roses.. The pink one tells the other person that he or she is the giver’s perfect happiness of asking for trust. The red one clearly declaring that the giver loves the receiver romantically. And the white one tells you how innocence you are to the giver. Flowers are beautiful and must be thought deeply before giving them. Giving wrong flowers would probably lead to the unwanted consequences.”

After listening to the lady, he automatically scans all around the shop. He stops and quickly asks her the meaning of random flowers in front of him.

“Well, crocus and coreopsis holds the meaning of cheerfulness. Daffodils are asking for forgiveness and Primrose declares that the giver cannot live without the receiver.”

The boy stares at her again, “Really?”

“Yeah.” She smiles, trying to lift up the boy’s mood.

The boy suddenly rolls his eyes, after some kind of sudden realization from his deep thinking by just staring at Sooyoung.

“How dumb am I? Those were her gifts to him. He was just using me as his flower trash can.” The boy mumbles quietly.

“What?” Sooyoung innocently asks him but their conversation stops when his father called the child.

“Hold this for me, Kai.” The boy took the bouquet and bid the florists farewell before heading home.

*************************************************************

The next day, Kai is sitting lazily waiting for the class to start when Kyungsoo arrives and present him a daffodil.

Kai remembers clearly the meaning of the flower. There’s no way the flowers are for Kyungsoo. The florist and Kyungsoo’s relationship doesn’t seems to be in a mid of troubles or anything. In other words, the flower was definitely for him. He wasn’t Kyungsoo’s flower trash can.

“Daffodils are asking for forgiveness” – the sentences from the florist keep repeating in his head.

He stares at the flower, tears started forming in his eyes, and he finally realizes how ego and stupid he was. Kyungsoo accidentally ruined his project science, not like he intended to do it anyway. He did say hurtful words and Kyungsoo doesn’t deserve to be told that way. Hurtful words are never fine to be use in any circumstances. He was wrong.

Kai stands up, made his way to Kyungsoo and gives the flower back to him.“I’m sorry.”

Their other friends were giving an ‘O’ mouth, couldn’t believe the long-time-not-speaking-to-each-other are finally over between those two.

Kyungsoo pulled Kai near him and gives him a long hug, “I miss you, dude.”

Kai chuckles. “Me too. I’m sorry.”

Suho’s tears fall nonstop and he joins the hugging. Chanyeol was hiding his tears by laughing but later giving up and quickly joins them. Sehun and Baekhyun later follow.

Their classroom teacher steps inside the class, delaying her teaching to give times for those six young boys finish hugging.

************************************************************************

Kyungsoo runs to the flower shop, searching for Sooyoung.

“How does it go?” She asks him curiously with her eyes wide open, somehow trying to imitate the Hyde boy’s eye.

He gives her his widest smile and shows her two thumb ups.

Sooyoung gasps happily after first time seeing his smiling face. She starts to tear up, and hugs him. “You’ve became Jekyll!”

Kyungsoo panically release himself from her. “WOAHH!!”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot you already have someone. Oh gosh. Sorry about that.” She apologizes to the boy but then turns 180 degree with her cheerfulness.

“But I’m SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Your mouth looks like a heart shape when you smile with your teeth showing! You should’ve laughed more! I’m so proud!” She even pinches his cheeks, couldn’t contempt her feelings.

A sound of people coughing at their back caught both of them attention. The same boys, who play soccer, were watching the two of them, giggling and waving.

“Sorry noona, we want to borrow this lovable boy for this afternoon. Is it okay?” The tallest boy yelled and his request granted.

The Jekyll boy waves the florist good bye before heading to the field.

That day was a good day for all of them.

*********************************************************************************

Although their friendship has restored, the routine of giving one flower each day doesn’t seems to stop – Camillia, Chrysanthemum, Roses, Tulips.. and the weirdest one Kai has received is Orchid. Since the day Kai received Daffodil, he becomes alert about the meaning of each flower given to him.

He made some time on one weekend to visit Sooyoung’s flower shop.

She was there, watering the plants. They greeted each other the moment they meet their eyes.

Kai rubbed his neck, not sure how to put those words together, hoping his questions doesn’t sound stupid. “You and Kyungsoo.. are you guys really… ehem..” He coughs before he even finishes.

“Kyungsoo?” She asks him, but quickly realizes the name must be referred to the Jekyll boy. “Ahh.. So his name is Kyungsoo..”

“Yeah, Kyungsoo.. You gives him flowers every morning.. right? Did you know he keeps giving those flowers to someone else?”

“Of course! I’m helping him with his love life! I’m a good noona, don’t you think?”

Kai was slack-jawed.

“Why are you giving me such face? Aaahhh.. must be some kind of misunderstand is it? No..no.. I’m not Kyungsoo’s girlfriend. His real love interest is the one who received the flowers. Yesterday, I let him gives her orchid – beautiful partner, love and children’s prosperity.” She winks and giggling.

Kai looks at her in horror. He walks slowly away from the store without a proper good bye, making Sooyoung wonders why in the world he left like that.

Kai’s eyes were fixed on the ground as he walks slowly by himself towards his house. It was the same walking pattern Kyungsoo did when Sooyoung saw him during her first day working at the shop.

He couldn’t stop thinking if his dear friend could possibly be gay. He is famous for being a person who never accepts love request from any girls in their school. Kyungsoo keeps on telling people around him that he doesn’t find anyone that caught his interest yet.

And when the whole school thought he finally found someone – the florist noona, it is actually not like that. She is just helping him to get Kyungsoo’s love interest.

“Me?” Kai pauses his walking. He felt so confuse and doesn’t know how to react when his best friend has feelings for him but he is confidently definitely and obviously straight.

**************************************************************

Kyungsoo waits for Kai in front of the school gate, excited to meet his best friend early in the morning.

“KAI! Let’s go!!” Kyungsoo waves while waiting for him to walk closer to him.

Kai replies him awkwardly, wondering what he should do to avoid too much bromance.

The whole night Kai has been thinking if his excessive bromance over Kyungsoo has made his best friend like that. He decided to step back a little with skin ship and anything that related to it. He is torn by just wanting him to be his best friend and not more than that.

“Here, as usual a flower. But this time, Aster.” Kyungsoo smiles at him while leisurely resting his arm on Kai’s shoulder.

“No. no.” Kai rejected his arm, smiling and assuring Kyungsoo to just keep his arm by himself while walking together to their class.

Kyungsoo realizes somehow here and there Kai’s attitude changes. He talks to him, but he somehow consistently making sure there’s space between them.

The school bell rings, and Kai slings his bag as he make his way to the hallway.

Kyungsoo catches him, wanting to know the troubles that seem to bother his friend.

“Kai! You didn’t take Aster, yet!” Kyungsoo tries to start conversation.

“I don’t want it!” Kai sudden turning to a choleric person shocks the other. But in seconds, he regrets his doing and apologizes to him.

Unsatisfied with his reaction, Kyungsoo hold his arm from moving away from him. “TELL ME WHAT’S BOTHERING YOU!”

Kai ruffles his own hair, too confuse and embarrassed at the same time whether to tell him about it or not.

“Fine.” Kai pulls his friend, tilt his head to his ears and whisper about his thoughts on Kyungsoo feelings and how he felt very sorry to reject him.

Kai is already planning to run home, not being able to see his friend’s face after rejection. He has been in the phase of rejection, and he can’t bear watching his friend in that phase, plus the one who rejects was him.

He takes a glance, and sees Kyungsoo’s eyes are very very wide open, staring gazely somewhere far from the world with one eyebrow higher than the other.

“I’M SORRY!!!!!” Kai shouts and is about to run, when he heard a loud hysterical laughter coming from Kyungsoo’s mouth.

“What the heck, dude? NO!” Kyungsoo tears up because of constant laughing for more than 5 minutes. It was more like a joke of the year to him.

“No? Then why did you give me flowers?” Kai stutters, unable to hide his embarrassment.

“Isn’t this is just a flower?” Kyungsoo looks at him innocently. “OOOHHHH!!! DON’T TELL ME YOU ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT FLOWER LANGUAGES!” He gasps at that moment he realizes what might have went wrong. 

“My dad knows about them because my mom is also flower lover. Sooyoung-noona told me you gives them to me because you li-,” Kai stops his sentences while making the you-know-what-I’m-trying-to-say face.

“Here’s the thing, Sooyoung wouldn’t stop bothering me if I didn’t take the flower she gave me every morning. The shortest route to school is by going pass her flower shop. I’m tired of taking the longer route, that’s all.” Kyungsoo finally explains, resting his left arm on Kai’s shoulder while still laughing.

“Then, are you really feeling sorry back then?” Kai questioning his sincerity on apologizing during the times they had a fight.

“Of course. It’s really impressive how the flowers Sooyoung gave me help a lot.”

“Then why did you keep on giving me flowers? Like this Aster.. Do you know this flower is the symbol of love? It’s actually quite wrong for you to give it to me.”

“Oh, really? Because you seems like you love those flowers so much. I mean look at your textbook, it somehow appears to be quite artistic with all the flowers you pressed them in. I really did think you like flowers. So I’m just helping you out. There, take this Aster, add another one into your collections.” Kyungsoo forces him to take the flower while squeezing his already wrapped arm, couldn’t take how dumb his friend is.

“Hey, let’s meet at the field. Bye!” Sehun passes the two of them, before heading home to change his clothes.

“Hey Kai, do you want to follow me to the flower shop?” Kyungsoo gives him a suggestion, thinking that he might need to introduce Kai to the florist. Somehow he felt like the need to tell her the identity of the person who receives her flower every day.

*************************************

“Jekyll boy!! You’re here! How’s your day? Did the person take the flower as always?” Sooyoung greets him, cheerfully as always.

“Show her the flower.” Kyungsoo commands Kai and he follows.

“Why are you holding the flower? OHHHH!! JEKYLL BOY! YOU’RE GAY!!!” She unconsciously scream, due to shockness.

Every customer in the shop heard it and shifts their attention to Kyungsoo.

“No.. I’m not..” Kai automatically moves himself far from Kyungsoo, mouthing the words ‘not me’ in silence while laughing secretly.

“HEY PEOPLE! WHAT’S WRONG BEING GAY? STOP LOOKING AT HIM LIKE HE'S SOME KIND OF CRIMINAL.” Sooyoung somehow fights back to impede the others giving such looks.

“Don’t worry, Jekyll. There’s nothing wrong being gay.” She gives Kyungsoo a gently hug, feeling that the boy probably need a comfort at how the society views him.

“I’m telling you, I’m not gay.” Kyungsoo told her clearly.

Puzzled with his question, Sooyoung asks him again about bringing Kai to the shop. “If not, then what’s he doing here? Why is he holding the flower? Isn’t that flower for someone special?”

“Yes, the person is my best friend. And that’s it. I’m here to let you know that. Even Kai misunderstands because of the flowers..”

“Huh? So all those chin juts out, hunched shoulder, head hanging forward, sullen way of walking – very Mr. Hyde like; are just you being depress over your best friend? Not because wanting to get a girlfriend?”

“Where did you get that idea? I never tell you anything about girlfriend.”

Sooyoung pushes Kyungsoo slightly from their hug. “Ahh… You’re a boring person!” Sooyoung pouts, eyeing at the boy.

Kyungsoo laughs, feeling slightly light to end such misunderstanding. “But’s it’s really impressive that the flowers that you gives me moves his heart.” Kyungsoo points at his back, where Kai was standing.

He moves around the store, and pick two flowers –Geranium and Gloxinia.

“You’re buying?” Sooyoung asks when Kyungsoo bring the flowers to the counter.

“Yes, this time I’m buying them.”

Sooyoung shows him her widest smile, hurrying herself to help him with the cash.

They walks together outside the shop, towards the long waited standing Kai.

“Why did you call me Hyde? Did I really look that bad?” Kyungsoo asks her.

“Uh-huh, very bad that I felt like I need to turn you into Jekyll.” She answers him, grinning.

Kyungsoo nods and gives each flower to both of them- Geranium for Kai and Gloxinia for Sooyoung.

“Present for you two.” He giggles.

Kai release sound of his breath quickly, somehow a little irritated with the flower and at the same time he sees blushing from Sooyoung’s face.

“We better leave. Our soccer team is waiting! Bye noona!” Kyungsoo waves her good bye while pulling Kai along to the park.

Kai wraps his arm around Kyungsoo, mumbling that he’s not stupid. It was just a misunderstanding and he already apologizes for it.

Kyungsoo was surprise at his sudden bringing up the matter again when he thought he had ended it.

“Did you know the meaning of this flower?” Kai asks him.

“Huh? That flower has meaning too? I just pick them randomly, the one that I feel like matches with you two.”

Kai stare at him, a bit surprise after listening to his answer. “Yes, they do have meaning. This flower means stupid.”

“Really? Hahahaha… then it matches with you quite well!” Kyungsoo laughs again at such coincidence. “Then how about the one that gives to Sooyoung-noona? Does that one has meaning too?”

“Yeah, it’s love at first sight.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen, the widest Kai ever seen. “Oh no, another misunderstanding!”

He was about to turn back to the shop when Kai pulls him to the field, ensuring him it is okay and stop thinking about it since the soccer playing time is about to start.

But deep down in Kai thoughts, he felt like it was the right choice for Kyungsoo to give the Gloxinia to her. She hugs him for quite long time but he didn’t even budge to let it go.

For a person like Kyungsoo, who never shows any interest in any girl to the point even he thought his friend is gay, what happens in the flower shop is actually a good start for Kyungsoo’s normal life. He doesn’t know how far or if it’s actually possible for the relationship between those two could happen because of age difference, but at least for now, he is secretly rooting for them.