6 years

after 6 years

“Arraso…I will pick you tomorrow. Oooh...love you…”

“Yah…look at you. Aigoo…you talk like you dating just a few days ago. How long you two dating? 4 years? 5 years?”

“Almost 6…Wae? Are you jealous? Then get a girl!”

“I would, if they not played me…”

“I’m sure, someday you will get one.”

“Yeah…someday…”                    

“You want me help you find a girl?”

“No! I still be able to find by myself, please don’t interfere my love life. You will make my way more long to find it.” Jongdae got hit from her and then they ordering food. Chorong and jongdae become bestfriend when they often met for work because their work concerned with each other to help their boss for lead the company. Chorong as secretary and jongdae as commissioner and everytime he need talk with their boss but he also must wait, he would wait in her desk and talk a lot with her. Actually their realitionship more like sibling at least Chorong think so because she have little brother who same age with him and treats him like her younger brother, Park Chanyeol.

“Hyung…here!”

“You invite him?” ask Chorong after knowing who that guy invited to eat with them. Kim Suho! And he nodded his head as an answer her question. “Why you invite him?”

“We promise to eat together, wae? Why you look unhappy? It’s ok, right?”

“Aniyo…why I must unhappy?” Chorong lie and try to control her face or Jongdae will know. “Jongdae-ya, I’m sorry but I must go now. I need to finish my work or tomorrow I can’t meet my boyfriend.”

“But noona…how about your food?”

“You can eat it…I’m leave.” Suho is her boss, new boss around 4 month ago. Suho replaced his uncle as CEO of the company due to his health worsened lately. Actually, the relationship between them is fine even Chorong liked him. Just like not love, it's different. She like him because he was a fast learner and lead the company well, it makes her job is not as heavy as she thought because Suho has no experience at all in leading the company before. That make her impress with him.

But lately, she felt something strange with him, like he want more “closer” with her. And Chorong decide to stay away from him, she try to professional when they work but when she's off as much she can to avoid him. Too many reasons for her to realize who she is. First, she is very respectful of her real boss is none other than Suho uncle. She would not regarded as flatterer just because she close to her boss. Second,  she really loves her boyfriend, Kris. She realized she's just an ordinary woman if she isn’t avoiding him, she afraid. Afraid if her heart who always she keep it all time only for her boyfriend turn to another man and Chorong don’t want that happen.

“I saw that she sit with you, where is she?” ask Suho when he in front Jongdae and sit beside him

“Finished report you aksed...”

“But I still need it Monday, why she so hurry?”

“Because weekend she would spent her time with her boyfriend.”

“She have boyfriend?!”

***

            Chorong wait Kris in airport, the man she wait not arrived yet. Maybe around 1 hour that man will arrived but she too much excite to see her future husband. 2 month they haven’t met and don’t ask how much she miss him. They can’t meet often because their job and them both live in diferrent country. Yes, Chorong and Kris did a long distance relationship. Honestly, Chorong also want him to be here next weeks for celebrate their 6th anniversary but cause his job who can’t he cancel they would celebrate earlier. Although must like this she was happy and glad fate make her meet him on her life.

            A few years ago, fate make them meet when Kris get scholarship from his campus to learn in different country for one years. If she remember again, she still can’t believe if they together now for 6 years because at first they know each other them both more like enemy. Kris always bothering her all the time when they together but of course they end it with love. Actually after finish his collage Kris plan to stay in korea, he also has to get a decent job offer for a beginner and don’t have experience working like him. But his plan was ruined when he must face the fact that his father died of a sudden heart attack. Kris was so surprised that he did not say a single word on that day, Chorong knew he still had not accepted the fact that his father suddenly went away. Chorong drove Kris to his hometown in China because she could not imagine if he was to be home alone.

Chorong knew Kris could not return to Korea. As older son and his age was enough, he should be the head of the family to replace his father. At first it was hard for them to long-distance relationship even their own doubts whether they can maintain this relationship or not. But this was now even though they could only meet one or two months once it was enough for them to remember when beginning their long distance relationship they could not met for almost two years only communicate via electronics. So, feels stupid when risking the relationship just for something uncertain and surely she will regret for the rest of her life. Therefore Chorong prefer to avoid Suho, although he did not say it explicitly but she knew what that man wanted. Oh...she knows, she's too much enough to know it.

“I miss you so much…” said Chorong when he arrived, he give small kiss in her lips and then he hug her so tight for a moment.

“Don’t ask me…” said Kris to Chorong with smile in his face and then they leave from that place.

***

After spending the whole day together and feel tired, Chorong and Kris back to Chorong flat. Everytime Kris comes he’ll stay in Chorong flat, actually Chorong live with her younger brother, park Chanyeol. But this early morning he went and permission to stay at his friend's place. It is very strange because he very rarely stays in his friend place, he was always trying to get home even though he would come home during the early hours. Moreover, he knows if Kris come and will stay​​ their flats. Although Kris is not an artist or something like that of kind, he has a big fan, that is her younger brother. Although Kris is her boyfriend, sometimes she gets tired when she have to listen her younger brother talked about her boyfriend.

“I want talk to you?”

“What? Tell me…”

“We can’t like this anymore, I’m tired…” hear what Kris said like a lightning strike, how can he saying something like that? Chorong immediately release his grip and pulled away from him. She shocked.

“After what we did for this relationship you say that? Is this relationship did not mean anything to you?” tears running down her cheeks, like choked. "Don’t say it with a nice way because the effect will be same. Why you just saying this now? After six years?! Or just me too much hope with this relationship?"

“Hey, I’m not finish…” said Kris and make Chorong sit beside him. He pulled out a small red velvet box from his pocket. “What I want say to you is...Will you marry me and spend the rest of your life with me?”

“If I have a reason to refuse?” say Chorong to him after she wake from her shock. Why she didn’t think that man going to propose her and instead of thinking he would end this relationship. Chorong smiled at her follies and then Kris put the ring on her finger.

“No, you haven’t…” Kris replay her question, he wipe her tears with his thumb and kiss her forehead. He never loved a girl/woman like this before except his mom. And he absolutely sure to make Chorong to be his wife without a doubt even his mother also believes with the woman he choose and told him that she would be a good wife for him. “But you know after we married I can’t stay in korea, my mom won’t move. She allows me to move here but how could I leave her? I'm the head of my family and I'm the most expected in the family because my brother is still too young to take care my mom. Please don’t force me to choose you or my mother? You two is the woman I love most in this world. I would talk to your parents about our marriage when I come back here again if you are ready? I know this’s difficult for you. I won’t force you to choice, but can you consider it?”

“I will…”

“Thank you…I love you so much.” Kris pull her into his arms and kiss top her head. Everytime Kris say love to her, Chorong always felt butterfly flying inside her tummy. He very rare say that word except when he really mean it, just like this.

“Love you too…” Chorong hug him back.

***

Suho laying in his bed, he just go home a few minute ago. He felt not good right now, he really feel not good now even he can’t describe it and he also like want eat someone now! This morning he saw Chorong wear a ring. It’s normal if a woman wear ring but he never saw her wear ring before! It is she was engaged with her boyfriend?! Is this how feels unrequited love? This’s first time to him. He like a fighter who lost before the war. He had a broken heart even she’s not his mine.

After hear Chorong already have a boyfriend from Jongdae, felt curious he went to his uncle house to search some information about the woman. Of cours not from his aunt or his uncle but from his cousin, Seung hye. She is his only older cousin he have and he know Seung hye knew a little bit about Chorong. She agreed if Chorong does have a boyfriend and they've been together almost six years. At that time, for some reason he felt very disappointed especially they've been dating a very very long time. Though this is the first time Suho felt very curious and interested at the same time with a woman.

At first he wasn’t so interested in her, in his eyes she just like other women in the office. But the prohibition his uncle to approach the woman's was the one who made ​​him curious ,why his uncle protect her from him who was considered like his son. Even his aunt also warn him to not play at her just cause his aunt know if Suho is single, still young ( 28 isn’t too much old for men) and not yet interest with married. They do that because she is not only his unlce secretary but she also is brain in their company. Even thought her position is secertary but sometimes she is person who give brilliant idea for company and really understand what his uncle should do when he confuse lead the company.

When Suho must undergo his duties as one of the son in his family to lead the family company. Honestly he don’t want it because he want like his father to be Profesor that is his dream since he really young and he also study very hard for it. But because his uncle don’t have a son and only have one daughter and should a son from their families who lead their family company, Suho had no other choice. No, he have. Supposedly it is the duty as his older brother but he run away from his duty. He study abroad, become leacture and won’t comeback if their family still force him to lead their company. So Suho don’t have to choice.

“Junmyeonie…” Seung hye come in into his room without permit or knock his door, he already accustomed with her habit. He just lifted his head slightly to see her come and then he lay down again while hugging bolsters. “Aigoo…whether that job was so hard for you? Until you like this? Mianhae…for not being born as a son.”

“Yah…what are you saying?! It’s not about that, I like you born as my sister. Only my beloved sister. What reason who make you came here?”

“O my god, how can you read my mind?” Suho giggle with her word. “Chorong has been engaged with her boyfriend…”

“I knew it…”

“How do you know? She tell you?”

“I saw a strange ring in her finger this morning.”

“Aigoo…cause that you act like this? Are you really like her?” Suho not answer her question. “Hey, she is not the only woman in this world beside she's is not your type, isn’t?”

“Yeah, she’s not my type but that not important anymore. I also don’t have idea why I can like her. At first I just curious with her but suddenly I feel something different even I can’t remember when that feeling comes.”

***

            Chorong sent a message to Chanyeol if she would go home to their parent house in different city for few day. She want to tell to her parents if Kris will came to them and would propose her in front her parents. But before that she want know what her parent will answer.

Chanyeol not back to their flat for a few day since Chorong talk about her wedding and plan to move in her husband country after they married. After hear that he don’t say anything and just leave her. He also reject all her call and never replay her message. Chorong knew Chanyeol can’t accept the fact if his only sister he have would leave him. She can’t blame her brother because act like this. Almost their life both Chorong and Chanyeol always together, Chanyeol always follow wherever Chorong away even when Chorong decided to move to Seoul to study and work there, Chanyeol following her but now they will separate, separate in different country. Chorong beg him to not follow her this time because their parents are in Korea and he should stay to take care their parents. This’s also hard to her for choose but she must do it because her age no longer young. She not bear to let her relationship with Kris continuous like this and make the man she loved kept waiting any longer. She also wants make small family with him. Isn’t this supposed to be a good news for her and her family, right? But why it makes her sad and makes her so hard to decide.

            “Appa…can I sleep with omma tonight?” her dad leave from there and Chorong laying side her mother while she hug her. “Omma…”

            “Wae?” her mom her hair and patting her shoulder gently, at a moment she felt back when she was a child.

            “Omma, Kris propose me…”

            “Jinja? Finally, you will be a housewife. Aigoo…why suddenly i feel so old? Then hurry and give this old woman grandson, this old woman has been wait too long for it.”

            “But after we married, we’re not stay in this country. I must follow him to his country, if that ok for you?”

            “Are you happy him?” ask her mom to her, Chorong nod her head. “Do you truly love him?”

            “I never love so hard for another men like this before…”

             “Then, you don’t need my agree.” Said her mom with a heavy voice, from hear the sound her mom like hold her tears. “Listen, the biggest happiness for the most parents is see their children happy. They will do anything to get happiness for their children. If you happy with him, I’m also happy for you.”

            Chorong can’t speak one single word, like choked and then her tears flowed in her cheek. She know this’s hard for her mom but she willing just for her happiness. She don’t know should happy or sad. She’s happy because her mother has blessed the marriage but on the other hand she also sad to be separated with her mother. Although she was can back to home to her parents whenever she wants but she was will not feel it all the same again after she was married later. Know her daughter crying on her arms, her mom keep tell her if everything is go a be alright and her hair gently until she sleep.

***

            These the day, the day Kris will propose her in front her parents and she won’t clam since he arrived. She still unsure of her decision, this make her can’t sleep lately. She loved him, it does not need to be questioned but whether she could leave her family and live without them around? Supposedly she and Kris had at her parents home now but because she is still not ready, she brought him to her flat first. She's playing time while assuring that this is her decision.

            “Let’s we meet your parent now, the sooner the better thing to do.” Said Kris while grab and lead her to go but Chorong still stood and won’t move. “Why?”

            “I can’t?”

            “Can’t what?”

            “I can’t leave my family…” Chorong say with weak voice. “I can’t do this.”

            “What you mean?!” Chorong give their engagement ring to him, make Kris really shock. “You must be jocking?!”

            “Forgive me…” said Chorong with tears in her face, he can’t believe Chorong say that and giving the ring back even he never imagine she do this in his dream. This is not supposed to happen, they should ask the blessing of her parents for their wedding.

            Kris feel his leg really weak, he just sit and don’t say any single word. Chorong who beside him don’t know what should she say, she shock with his reaction. His reaction exactly same when he heard his father pass away. This’s make her more sad and feel guilty for him. Her tears won’t stop flow in her cheek, she sit in front him and kept say apologizing for her decision but Kris still not saying anything.

            “Why you say this?” ask Kris to her in the end, his voice more like a whisper. “I have prepared everything for you and for us.”

            “I can’t leave my family. I can’t…” said Chorong while sobbing, Kris was silent again for a while.

            “Stop crying…” said him while wipe her tears with his thumb but the tears from his eye flowed. “I will not blame you or force you to come with me because of what you did the same as me. So please, stop crying…”

            Chorong want stop cry but somehow after hearing his word getting made her want to cry. Don’t bear keep seeing the most beloved woman besides his mother crying, Kris hugged her to comforting her. Lie if he said he is not disappoint and sad with her decision. He angry, sad, and very disappoint with it but they have same position, he know what she felt. He also can’t leave his mother and his little brother, so he let her go….

***

            Monday. Suho hate these day because he will meet Chorong. He wanted to forget his feelings to her, he even off from his work for a week just to not meet her. Childish? Yes but this’s only way to avoid her. Now he has returned to the office but he was not sure that he felt the woman was gone even he is unsure of his feelings diminished. He asked himself, how could he crazy about a woman in just four months.!

            When he passed her desk, she is not there. Suho look his watch in around his hand, it was already showing at 9 but she has not come. It's not her habit, she always comes on time. Is she off today? Ask Suho to himself. He opened his door a little bit, so when Chorong comes he could figure it out. Then he continued the work he had lived when he off but his mind was not focused because Chorong did not come. Somehow in his heart she prayed that she came, she was like a drug for him. He will be calm if he seen her face.

            “I don’t see Chorong today. Do you know where she is?” ask Suho at Jongdae when he drove the document to his room. “I was tried to call her but she don’t answer it…”

            “Of cours you don’t see her, she is had resigned. You do not know?”

            “Resign? When?!”

            “When you off, few day ago. I thought she was told you but seem not.”

            “But why? She is needed here?”

            “She will married, she not told you? May be because you’re not here.”

            “But why did she is have to resign? Why she is did not take time off?”

            “She will married and move in China to stay in there. Her boyfriend from China, do you remember? I was told you about this…”

            China? O my god, how can this’s happen?! Said Suho in his mind. After Jongdae out from his room, Suho can’t calm and walking around in his room. What Jongdae said if the woman will leave this country always remembered in his brain. No, she can leave!

            “You know where she now?” Asked Suho in Jongdae room who came suddenly.        

            “She in airport now…”

            “She will go now? Why you just told me now? Aish…jinja!” Suho feel more frustased when know the woman will leave these day. “Always tell me where she is!        “Mianhae hyung…” said Jongdae with smile on his face when Suho already gone from his sight.

***

            Suho arrived in airport, he immediately look where she is now. Maybe Chorong did not belong to him even she does not like him but his heart was choose her. If his heart could choose he would never choose her because her heart has been owned by someone but his love for that woman to come suddenly without realizing. He will told her his feelings even though she would still go with her ​​future husband and the woman refused him at least know how he feels. He continued to look for but he still can’t find her anywhere, he began to despair because jongdae said she would leave soon but he has not been able to find her.

            God, please let me meet her for the last time. Pray Suho in his heart while his eyes still search Chorong in this place. Like hear his pray, he find Chorong only few step from he stand now but she not realize him because he’s behind her.

            “Please stay…” said Suho while grab her hand to hold her, Chorong surprised and confused at same time for what he had come. Suho won’t release his hold even though Chorong try to release.           

            “I think you two need to talk, I’ll be wait there…” said Kris and walk away from them both to let them talk privately.

            “What are you doing in this place?”

            “Please stay here…”

            “I don’t know what you talking about…”

            “I know you will move to China after you’re marriage but I like you. No, isn’t this feeling grow up so fast than I expect.” Said Suho while take breath. “I know you don’t care what I felt, this’s also make me crazy. I will forget it this feeling, I promised but I need a time for it. Can’t you stay more longer?”

            “Ok, I got you’re word! I will stay more longer like you want, please forget you’re feeling as fast as you can. And can you go now? I had to take him off first and this’s not you’re business.”

            “You really not going with him?”

            “From the beginning I won't go anywhere, who said I will move?”

            “But Jongdae said me you will…”

            “That’s kid really good troll everyone…I leave now.” said Chorong and leave him alone. Suho feel betray if he in cartoon maybe his head change to donkey head. He feel stupid and embarrassing at same time now.

            “I’m sorry you must wait me too long…”

            “It’s ok…It seems you have already someone to replace my place?”

            “Of cours he is not! He just want play with me. Beside I thought it’s will long time to find someone for replace you’re place.”

            “Hey, look at me. You must find someone can take care of you and don’t you remember your age not longer young.”

            “How can you remembering my age? You really bad!” said Chorong to him while hit him gently and then they hear if the plane who he ride will leave soon. Before  Kris leave her, he her cheek with his thumb and walk away from her. Kris thought if he kiss or hug her it would more hard to him for realese her. At same time Chorong really don’t expect this moment, she think the man was going to hug her as a sign of their separation for last time but not. Her tears flowed again.

            “Why you no going with him?” ask Suho suddenly at Chorong either where he comes. Actually don’t want to tell him but…

            “I cancel our wedding, I can’t follow him to his country.”

            “So you single ,right? I have a chance now? To take your heart?”

            “O my god, can’t you look situation before you ask something?! If you have, you need too long way for it!” Said Chorong really don’t have idea the way her boss thinking.

***

Epilogue

            Suho see a little boy who sit in couch, the couch a little boy sit look so much bigger for him. And he look so cute because he pout his mouth like don’t like something, Suho approaching that boy. The little boy is his son with Chorong, Kim Junho. He was five years old now. He got her but need long time for him get her heart.

After she broke up with her fiancé, he continued to approach her. Until one day he propose her, not in front her but in front her parents without ask her first because he was angry with her. That woman resign just because he was officially replaced his uncle who was not able to lead the company their families and reason the most unreasonable he ever heard, she always avoid him because she think he just want play with her, he has not been too mature for the wedding and different levels of their families. The reason makes him angry and made ​​him want to prove to her that he was not as she thought.

            It did not take long for her to agree to marry him because he make her don’t have another to choice. Although they have been married, Suho can not touch or have her heart because she still loves her ex even sometimes Suho heard her call his name in her dreams. He does not blame or be angry at her because he make this marriage happen? Almost one year they married without doing what a normal married couple do, Suho be patient for it. He also does not want to impose his will on his wife again. He did not regret it at all married to Chorong but he allowed his wife to make a decision this time. Until one day Chorong said she was loved him and admit it if her judgment she give to him before is wrong.

            And now they already have one son, actually Suho don’t want more children because he almost lost his wife when his wife gave birth to their son. But his wife really want more children, she wants a daughter. And the reason, she says : "Next time when we disagreed about something, there someone will defend you.” Yeah, his son always depend her and always in her side all the time no matter what.

            “Why you pout your mouth?”

            “Mom, take my money to save it but I want buy something…”

            “What you want to buy?”

            “I want buy Bungeoppang and tteokbokki with so eun noona, I was promise to her.” Said his son with sad face, So eun is Seung hye daughter they always playing together and So eun who more older 2 years than Junho always take care him. Just a like Seung hye take care Suho when they’re was a little. “But now I don’t have money…”

            Suho take his wallet in his pocket and give his son some money. “Don’t tell mom, ok?” His son smile so bright to him but before Junho left Chorong come toward them.

            “Give it to mom…” Without saying anything their son give money who Suho give to Chorong. Since they have child Chorong really carefully choose food who will their son eat but he can’t stop her because what she did just cause she worried with their son.

“This’s too much for him….” said Chorong to Suho. “Mom will save it, you don’t need a lot money now. And for what you need it?”

“I promise to So eun noona to buying her Bungeoppang and tteokbokki …”

“I’m sorry mom don’t know but mom also can’t let you buying that food.” Chorong look their son face, he look not happy. “But mom can make it for you two? How? You forgive me now?”

            His son smile while hug her and then he kiss his mom, Suho who also in there like someone else. But how can he jealous if his wife and his son like this, watch his wife and his son together like give some energy for him.

“ Call her and mom will start to cooking…” Junho running and call So eun immediately, Chorong smile look her son.

“Thank you…” said Suho to Chorong who already beside her make her realize her husband.

“Thanks for what?”

“Be my wife and mother from my son.”

“Why you always said that?”

“Because I felt never enough…”

“Then, thank you too…To be good husband and father for our son.”

           


I'm so sorry need long time for me to post this story.

I have a lot home work and my computer not good lately.

I hope you like it, happy reading... :D