Confusion/Just Tell Me You Like Me

Confusion/Just Tell Me You Like Me

It was just after their last stage and Yukwon was feeling good. Very, very good to be exact. He had money in his pocket once again and although after all that time he wasn’t exactly looking forward to the small break there would be between albums, it was nice all the same.

He’s on his way to the bathroom to wash all the makeup off his face when all of the sudden he’s grabbed by the wrist and tugged into the bedroom. He blinks, taken by surprise when he turns around to see Jaehyo standing there. “What’s up, hyung?” He questions, arching an eyebrow, he really would rather just head to the bathroom, wash up and go to bed tonight. Dealing with Jaehyo’s random antics was not on his to-do list.

“What was that all about tonight?” He questions, and Yukwon shrugs, face tightening into a confused expression. “Uh… what are you talking about?”

Jaehyo rolls his eyes as if he’s exasperated that the boy couldn’t catch onto his rather vague reference as quickly as he had wanted him to. “That was way closer than necessary when you were dancing up on me tonight.”

An irritatingly almost sarcastic sounding laugh bubbles up out of the younger boy and Jaehyo nearly feels like hitting him. Nearly, because really let’s face it, who could hit someone with that smile? “Uh, hyung, in case you weren’t aware, that’s kind of part of the choreography.”

“That’s not what you normally do!” He defends, feeling flustered that the dancer seemed to be so calm about all of this.

Yukwon lets out another short laugh and Jaehyo can literally feel his left eye twitch at the sound. Normally his laugh is adorable and infectious to the older man, but Jaehyo is doing anything but smiling or laughing at this point. “It was our goodbye stage, I was just working it a little more than usual is all, trying to make it memorable and everything.”

“So you were basically just flirting with everyone then?” Even Jaehyo himself isn’t sure why he feels so annoyed at this point.

Now Yukwon looks confused again, his eyebrows furrowing as he looks up at his hyung. “Uh… I wasn’t flirting with anyone though, hyung.”

“Zico?!” Jaehyo rages blindly, his arms flailing out by his sides before he finally drops them back down.

He simply blinks again in response, looking even more confused and slightly exasperated. “Hyung, he was the one who kissed me! I didn’t do anything!” Yukwon sighs and shakes his head, moving away from the room and back to the bathroom, leaving a rather confused and frustrated hyung behind.

 

In the end Yukwon changes his mind, deciding to take a shower instead of just washing his face. He continues to have a little chuckle at his oddball hyung who decided to accuse him of flirting with everyone as he slips into the shower.

Even if he had been, why did he really care so much in the first place?

Then it hit him. He did complain the most because of what Zico had done earlier it seemed, or at least that’s why he’d been annoyed in the first place. Did Ahn Jaehyo really have a crush on their leader?

He’s still sort of laughing at this idea as he steps back out of the shower and changes into a pair of pajamas, wondering if perhaps Jaehyo has any idea himself about his crush. He shuffles back over to his room and is surprised to find that Jaehyo is still standing there, right in the middle of the room. “Uh… hyung?” He questions, another small chuckle about to escape from his lips right before Jaehyo quickly closes the distance between the two of them, pulling his body closer to him as he kisses him, not being very gentle about it either.

Yukwon’s mind is swimming in confusion as he pulls away from the kiss, literally hopping backwards to get away from the older boy as if he’d been burned. “Jesus, Hyung, what the hell? If you’re trying to get back at Zico or whatever, I’d really rather not be in the middle of you two. Besides, it’s kind of difficult to make him jealous if he isn’t here to actually see it.”

Jaehyo’s face goes blank as he looks back at the dancer. “Wait, what are you talking about? Why are you bringing Zico up right now?”

“Because you like him or you’re in love with him or some , I don’t know, Hyung, why don’t you tell me?” He snaps back, his irritation for not understanding the situation showing clearly in his voice.

A choking sound was the only thing that came out of Jaehyo’s mouth for a few seconds as he stared at his dongsaeng in shock. “You think I-“ He starts off in a low, quiet voice before it quickly rises in both pitch and volume. “You think I like Zico?! Are you ing crazy? Like I would put myself through the mental torture that would be liking that .”

Well… Yukwon thinks, when he says it like that it does sound more than a little odd… “Well if not than what’s the big idea, like seriously hyung, even if you’re trying to prove that you’re better than him, that’s still taking things a little too far…”

A sigh slipped between Jaehyo’s lips before he could force it back down, he brings a hand up to massage his temples. “What I did had nothing to do with Zico.” Well no… he mentally corrects himself because if Zico hadn’t kissed Yukwon like that on stage he doubts he would have felt this jealous and made his move tonight. “Well okay, maybe it kind of has something to do with him, but only because I was jealous.”

Yukwon decides that he’s pretty sure he understands at this point. “Exactly, Jaehyo have you ever stopped to consider that maybe you do like-“

“Oh. My. God.” Jae grabs the surprised kitty by the shoulders, ducking down to lock eyes with the younger boy. “I was jealous because of you, you idiot, I like you, god dammit Yukwon.” To prove his point he pulls Yukwon to him again, leaning down the rest of the way to close the distance between the two of them.

The kiss is softer this time and Jaehyo’s careful to be more gentle with him this time because with how dense Yukwon is he doesn’t want him to think that it’s not just physical or ual attraction, he does actually like the boy, as lame as that sounds.

It only lasts for a few seconds, but Jaehyo doesn’t start to pull away until he feels Yukwon hesitantly return the kiss. When he does he about has a heart attack when he opens his eyes again because damn that stupid smile of his. The younger male lets out a short nervous laugh and Jaehyo feels his heart constrict again. “Uh… wow, Hyung, I don’t really know what to say… I mean I’ve never really thought of any of you guys like that before and-“

Jae grins, draping his arm across Yukwon’s shoulder before pulling him into a tight embrace, resting his chin comfortably on his shoulder. He could really get used to this. “Just shut up and tell me that you like me too.”

As if taking some time to think about his response, Yukwon refuses to make eye contact for a few short seconds, but as soon as he does look back up he gives Jaehyo another blinding smile as he mutters a quiet “Okay.”