Introduction

A fairytale for you

Once upon a time...

There was a world, really similar to ours.
There were seas, forests, mountains, air, animals, plants, bacterias and of course, humans.

And with humans had come farms, industry, technology, societies, religions, transports, arts and everything.

Really, people lived almost the same way as us, if it wasn't for a small difference. Just a little something that made this world a bit more "magical" if one could say so. No no, hold it there, there was no magicians, wizards, trees of mana, spells, colorful eruptions of power or anything of this kind.

It was just that at some point in their life, humans in this world acquired one special ability, literally anything. It could happen to young or old people. When they were in a crowd or sleeping alone in their bed. Even babies, mind you, could get it in some rare cases. The reason as to why and how it even happened was still vigorously debated. Popular belief held it as a sign of one's soulmate being in the vicinity, and that one's "power" was a way for fate to bring you together, but nothing proved it although a lot of people really liked this explanation.

So here's a story from this world.

*************

 

As I said, I'll try to post the story as soon as possible and I hope you'll like it. (hiatus didn't help my poor writing skills...)