Gone Not Around Any Longer

I Would
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter one. 

Gone not around any longer 

 

 

edited

 

 

 

 

 

 

Standing there in front of his father grave with those lifless eyes as he see some people go to there cars after the burial was done .. there weren't many people from the start,his father didn't get many friends in Taiwan even if has been here for 10  years already.

 

 
Life wasn't that easy with Donghae. he's only 8 years yet he know how to take care of him self, prepare his own food, going and coming from school all alone and buy his clothes.  Nothing of those are things for an 8 y.o boy to do. Yet his father's sickness has forced him to learn to do alot more all by himself. 
 

 

"Donghae, let's go" Henry's mother voice cut his long line of thoughts. He doesn't have anyone he know in Taiwan other than Henry's father who is a neighbor & friend of his father. 

 

Walking to the car silently, his head hunged down as he get into the car. he still can't expect the fact that his father who is more  like a friend, brother then a father was no longer there for him to go and tell him whats happened during the day, he was no longer there for him to come and cry if someone bully him about the fact that he isn't Taiwanese. The fact that his mother died a week after his birth makes him even more attached to his father. 

 

 
"Donghae, we're here. Let's go."

 

Seeing the apartments building in front of him,  suddenly he was back to his sense and realised what was really happening! His father is gone, gone without returning. His father had told him many time that there will be a time that he won't be with him, but donghae will shush him right away saying that he won't leave him because he love him, but he did. 

 

He went in, the apartment wasn't big at all. It was a two bedrooms apartment with a small kitchen and an equally small living room. But even though it's small, it's rather cozy and warm apartment.

 

He walks to Henry's room and quickly get into the bed. Silent tears taking there way down his cheeks. until he fall a sleep because of the tiredness , leaving three pairs of worried eyes watching him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A week after~

 

Days went the same Donghae is liflessly silence, even when henry tried to talked to him he didn't respond to him. The thing that really making them worried is that Donghae didn't cry a single tear after he woke up at the morning. 

 

 

 

 


 ***

 

 

 


He wake up at 1 Am feeling dry at his throat, he went out of the room walking to the kitchen.

 

 
"What are we going to do now ?" Mrs. Lau said.

 

 
"They are coming to take him tomorrow."

 

"poor Donghae, first losing his father and now he will go to an orphan"

 
Donghae stood frozen at his place hearing what they are saying, they are obviously are talking about him. He didn't expect this coming, even thought it's hurt but deep inside he knows that they are right.Crying silently while hiding next to the door.

 
"I really tried to adopt him but they refused,  saying that my saving and salary are not enough to bring another member to my family.  With that, I couldn't say anything else knowing what they have said is the truth." Mr. Lau says as he sights heavily
"It's okay, you did your best." Donghae says as he walk slowly into the kitchen with small smile and eye full of tears.

 

 

"Donghae! How di-.." gasped loudly.

 

"It's okay mrs. Lau, I already heard everything and I understand.  Thank you for taking care of me all this time" 

 

"Donghae, I'm sorry I tried to talk to the-"

 

"No it's ok uncle you really did your best" doghae says as he walks closer to mrs & mr lau hugging them as he cry

 

And that night, donghae sleep in there embrace. 

 

 

 

 

 


 ***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"papa do donghae really need to leave?" Henry asks as his eyes burn in tears

 

"We can't do anything about it baby"

 

The door bell ringed loudly, cutting there conversation. Everyone stood up walking donghae to the door.

 

" bye uncle, aunt & henry I will miss you so much" donghae says, eyes burning in tears with small smile on his lips .

 

Henry couldn't hold his taers and crys loudly hugging him tightly. This made donghae cry even more . Henry's parents step forward and hug the crying babys then step aside taking henry with them .

 

"thanks for everything,  I love you"

With that, donghae walks away from the apartment going with two men who is waiting outside and ride the car. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter