Stop Being Perfect! (I am not, dear.)

Circle of Love

"We have to get those props done!"

"Yes ma'am!"

"You go get the glue gun!"

"Check!"

"You make swords!"

"Right away!"

"You! Stop eating!"

"Absolutely not!"

   Melanie sighed as she saw Baekho munch on a bag of chips, shooting her a dirty glare before waddling over to Aron who was concentrating on painting a post that was part of their props. They were doing their props for their play in the stage of school, and since Melanie's co-leader, Julianne, wasn't present, she had to take over. And to tell you the truth, Melanie wanted to collapse on the floor from the pressure she got just because her co-leader got the flu.

"Where do these go?"

"By the weapons!"

"Should I paint it red or blue?"

"Are you mad?! It's supposed to be silver!"

"Melanie-"

"Where should I put this Melanie-"

"Melanie!"

   Melanie Aurora Lee would rather munch on dirty socks than - nah, she would never do that. But she would do anything, anything, to keep everyone from asking her all the questions. She was the leader, of course. But she felt like a receptionist giving instructions to where the restroom's at.

   Melanie finally answered all their questions before wiping the sweat from her forehead, stooping down to draw a perfect circle for one of the shield's of the warriors.

A thing about Melanie

She loved rushing.

And how she rushed with those outline of those shields.

   Sweeping her hair back over her shoulder to keep them from sticking to the sweat on her neck, she carefully drew a circle on the illustration board, huffing slightly as she finished and looked back on her work. Tia walked by, whistling a little.

"Oh unnie, what a beautiful egg!"

   "It's supposed to be a shield!" Melanie shouted in annoyance, glaring at the egg-like shape she made. Tia gulped and scurried away, leaving Melanie furious on her own. She found an eraser and erased the whole thing, drawing another circle.

Minhyun then walked by, holding a box of weapons when he stopped and looked at Melanie's work.

"Damn, I know you at drawing, but that looks more like a triangle than a circle!"

   "I KNOW!" Melanie yelled in frustration, slamming the pencil down and putting her face in her hands. The play was in three days, yet she couldn't make a decent circle yet. And they needed five more.

"Why don't you call Ren, dongsaeng?" Min Soa suggested as she stooped down to Melanie's height, Melanie looking up at her with a dead expression. Min Soa suggested her boyfriend, and though Melanie loved that blonde guy, her pride was already hurt when she couldn't draw a damn circle.

Melanie just shook her head.

"I don't need Ren to draw me a silly circle-"

   "Hey Ren! Can you help Melanie out?" Min Soa called as Melanie groaned, shaking her head. She couldn't do much, but just wait for Ren Choi to walk towards her.

   See, Ren wasn't an ordinary guy. He has a lot of friends who were girls more than guys. He had a feminine look, but his masculine personality sure makes up for it. Now, he was wearing a sleeveless white shirt with black slacks on, and a pair of worn rubber shoes. It wasn't much, but Melanie could see the stares he was receiving when the sweat dripped off his forehead and on the stage floor when he worked on drawing a magnificent tree.

   Ren looked up when his name was called, his doe-like eyes widening slightly as Min Soa beckoned him over. Ren grinned and straightened up, Melanie sighing as she heard a couple of girls swoon. She rubbed her temple.

   Ren talked with Jonghyun for a second, to make his hyung continue the tree when he walked over to Melanie and Min Soa. He stooped down and sniffled slightly, looking at Melanie before at Min Soa.

"Okay, so what do you want?" Ren asked bluntly as Min Soa rolled her eyes, pouting at the illustration boards filled with fail circles.

   "Do me a favor and draw some circles. Melanie can't do them. Good luck!" Min Soa bid as she bounced, leaving Melanie and Ren alone. He smiled and grabbed an illustration board, studying it with a boisterous smirk.

"Aigoo, a circle? Don't you learn them in art class? Seriously, that's like the first shape you draw at the age of four!"

Melanie scoffed as Ren continued telling her off.

   "What's so hard about a circle? It's just a round shape. It's the easiest shape to do!" Ren laughed, shaking his head and began to work. Melanie watched as he miraculously drew four perfect circle in every illustration board. The people on the stage stared in awe at what Ren had drawn.

"That's the most perfect circle I have ever seen!"

"I wish I could make a perfect circle."

"Our leader can't draw a circle? Wow."

Without a word, Melanie stood up and stalked away, her feet thundering on the stage floor.

***

   Two hours. She stayed in the backstage for two hours, doing nothing but watching the people pass by her. No one noticed her because of her short height. She stayed behind the black curtain.

"Why did I even become a leader? Julianne probably pitied me. I'm good at nothing."

   "Hey, are you back there?" Ren's voice was heard as Melanie rolled her eyes, looking away. She heard her boyfriend's footsteps come towards her, and she didn't do anything to stop them. She simply stayed quiet as Ren sat beside her.

"Are you mad?"

Melanie shook her head. Lies.

"Are you really hurt that I outshone you by drawing circles?"

That's it. Ren just crossed the line. An arrow was shot at Melanie's pride, and she turned to him with dislike in her eyes.

   "Fine! Why don't you and Julianne just be co-leaders! You're obviously better than me in everything, especially drawing! You know what? There was no need to tease me. You know I don't know how to draw, but I tried. Thanks for lowering my self esteem and shattering my pride. I really needed that."

Melanie shot a glare at him before standing up and walking past her stunned boyfriend.

***

   Melanie stayed back. She waited for everyone to disperse as she checked on the props, making sure nothing was lost nor damaged. Muttering to herself as she checked off everything in her list, she saw the circles that Ren drew, scattered on the side. Melanie set down her list and bent over to pick it up, studying the circle. Indeed, it was perfect. That's why Melanie hated it. She loved Ren. But why did he have to be good in everything?

"Can we go home?"

   Melanie turned around to see Ren with his backpack on, hugging Melanie's backpack with an eyebrow raised. Melanie sighed and shook her head.

"Go home alone. I'll leave a little later."

"Well, you do know I couldn't leave with my beloved." Ren climbed up on the stage, setting their bags down and hugging Melanie tightly.

"Hey, I'm sorry."

   Melanie just sighed, trying to push Ren away. Ren just held on tighter, not wanting to let go. For the five months they've been together, he knew her actions already.

"Just leave me be. I need to finish making props."

"And I'm not leaving without you, so I'll help."

   "Of course you would. You're perfect in everything," Melanie mumbled sadly, sighing. Her self esteem lowered even more. Ren just chuckled, resting his chin on top of the female's head.

   "Aigoo, when will you realize that I'm just doing this for you? I draw those circles, make those paper trees and help with the props because I know you would appreciate it. I can quit if you tell me. I'm doing this for you, dear. I didn't mean to tease you. I was boastful, and I'm sorry. Forgive me?"

In times like this, Melanie felt extra guilty. She pouted and slowly wrapped her arms around Ren's waist, Ren sighing happily. Finally.

"You have nothing to be sorry about."

"But still."

"If you feel guilty, don't."

She felt Ren smile, and she did too. His happiness was hers. She felt a peck on her forehead before he said, "Then come on dear, let's draw some circles!"