Chapter 3

Jessica's Brotherhood

Meanwhile on the submarine, a joyous reunion was taking place. All nine of the band members were crying and laughing and hugging eachother. They were too happy to see each other to worry about any of their other problems, such as the fact that the very vehicle they were on belonged to the same four men that had separated them in the first place, then brought them back together in return for... something. Sooyoung didn’t even know what that something was. She had been too preoccupied with thoughts of seeing her friends again to think about it. The instant she remembered the strange deal that had been offered to her, the rest of her worries came crashing back in on her in an enormous wave. What had become of Altair, and the other man, the one called Malik? Doubtless they would come after them. They still wanted Jessica to join them, and to destroy anyone who knew too much about their organization, such as her or those four mysterious men. She already knew Altair was someone who took down his enemies even if it was exceptionally dangerous and risky, so why had he not forced his way onto the submarine? It didn’t make any sense. Sooyoung couldn’t help feeling there was something very, very wrong, but she had no idea what.

Jessica, likewise, was worried. She knew Altair, he would be after them the moment he was awake, no matter the cost. She glanced over at Sooyoung, trying to read her expression. Sooyoung looked up, and their eyes met. In that moment, they saw the worry in each other’s eyes and both their fears were confirmed. Jessica gave the slightest shake of her head and Sooyoung understood. Their band members had been through enough already, they didn’t need to trouble them with this yet. They would be happy for them now, and discuss other, more serious, matters later.

“Look at all these birds!” John chuckled. “I say, you all make a gear group.”

“Birds?” Taeyeon asked.

“He means women,” Paul explained.

The rest of the girls turned and, for the first time, noticed the four strange men standing together.

“Without these guy’s help, we all wouldn’t be here together right now,” Jessica said.

“Yeah, we revolutionized the standards for an entire industry.”

“Then why do you all look so young?” Taeyeon

“Oh, we were getting to that…” John replied, flashing a grin. Jessica caught something in his smile that made her stomach drop.

“Now that you’re back from wherever you were, ladies, it’s time we show you how to take care of yourselves. Everything is going to be a little different from now on, you see…”

Jessica turned towards Sooyoung, fear apparent in her eyes.