Prologue (Part 2)

As The Years Passed By

Jongwoon's comforting voice was the only thing Ryeowook was able to focus on as the storm seemed to get stronger and stronger. The thunder was closing in, it was already pouring so heavily that the normal level of speech could not be heard.

 

All of a sudden the lights went off and growls of thunder had turned into painfully loud bangs. Jongwoon barely had any time to react as the younger had shifted onto his lap, and wrapped his delicate arms around Jongwoon's neck.

 

"Hush, Wookie, it's over soon", he tried to say, his voice nearly inaudible – he was scared now, too, never having experienced such a powerful thunderstorm.

 

A drop fell on Jongwoon's arm. He abruptly lifted his gaze to the ceiling, only to realise that the roof was about to fail. Standing up, he shook Ryeowook's arms off and took the younger's hand into his own, and started to pull the confused and frightened boy out of the room with him.

 

"We have to move, Ryeowook!" Jongwoon yelled. Just as they were about to reach the door, the roof gave in to the weight of rainfall.

 

"Hyung!" Ryeowook's panicked voice echoed through the noise of the thunder, combined with the terrifying sound of the storm smashing the various musical instruments around the room. Pieces of wood and metal were flying around, mercilessly crushing everything that was caught in their path.

 

One metal bar crashed onto Jongwoon's arm, making him cry out in pain as his eyes filled with tears. He lost his grip on Ryeowook's hand, and the younger was now nowhere in sight. Ryeowook, buried under the falling debris, was now panicking, as the only thing making him feel safe had suddenly disappeared.

 

"HYUNG! WHERE ARE YOU HYUNG?!"

 

Ryeowook's shrieks made Jongwoon stand up, making his way towards the voice of the younger. Before passing out, Jongwoon managed to call out a weak 'Wookie'.

 

Having freed himself from under the debris, Ryeowook was now sobbing harder than he ever had been before, as he saw that giant metal bar hit Jongwoon's back, making the older collapse. Not knowing what to do, he rushed towards his hyung, rain pouring over him straight from above, where there had been a solid roof mere minutes ago.

 

"Hyung, can you hear me?" Ryeowook asked, with a trembling voice, which was full of terror. "Jongwoonie hyung!" He gently shook the still unconscious Jongwoon, gaining no response from the elder. Ryeowook could feel the adrenaline start running in his veins as his panic was slowly sunbsiding. As he became aware of the metal bar pressuring his hyung's body, he decided to lift it. Anything for his hyung.

 

The bar was heavy, making Ryeowook almost give up on his mission. One glance at the unconscious Jongwoon, however, made him find new strength and after a few desperate tugs, he had managed to fully lift the bar off from his hyung.

 

“I did it hyung. I did it for you”, Ryeowook whispered, as his legs gave out on him and he collapsed on the floor, the metal bar falling on top of him.

 

Jongwoon was slowly regaining consciousness, the first thought that crossed his mind was: I have to get Ryeowook safe. Ignoring the throbbing pain, he stood up shakily, vision blurring. Once he managed to regain his vision, his eyes were met by a terrifying sight.

 

Ryeowook, laying under a huge metal bar. Ryeowook, gasping for breath. Ryeowook, whimpering in enormous pain. Ryeowook, with glazed, round eyes. Ryeowook.


Ryeowook, laying in a pool of blood.

 

His Ryeowook.

 

“NO!”