Four

RUN

Suho is showing his surprised face when he saw Leina is back to the apartment. Either it is a happy surprise or a disappointed one, Leina couldn't guess. Gladly, it was just Suho in the current room. Sehun feel nice for not being asked by bunch of questions about what happened, since there is only Suho. Suho will mind to ask him after saw his pale and annoyed face.

Not so long for Sehun's sake, Luhan and Baekhyun joined in to the room. Sehun avoids the eye contacts, he doesn't want to talk, not right now. In the other hand, Leina is still nearly finish of catching her breath. She have not exercise a lot, and the run was already killing her breath. The last time she ran like that, is when her brother chasing her. However, it still turned out that she was captured.

Leina could noticed soon how the entire room is filled with confused expressions. Nor she want to explain. She doesn't know what to explain. She saw Baekhyun mouthed 'what!?' to Suho, and it annoyed her a bit. About she being there, is not what she wanted. It happened so fast that she didn't have a time to make a choice.

Five of them are just facing each other silently. Luhan, Suho, and Baekhyun have the same thoughts in their minds which may not be in Sehun's. No one wants to speak up first before Suho could bear it no more. "We are leaving tomorrow" he finally said, just like what they did. Come and leave.  "Which means......" Baekhyun added but unwilling to continue. He is being awkward. Leina was shot by Baekhyun's glare through his pause. She knows what he wanted, she knows what they meant. She knows that she can't be with them, but she doesn't know the reason why. They didn't like her? They don't have a heart to help stranger? Or she may became another burden to them? Is it because they have a different gender?

Well, actually, living with all-boys is not a good choice for Leina. But it's the best right now.

Leina turned to Sehun to find if he has an answer, at least help her a bit. All the bad reactions she got from the boys aren't supposed to be her whole burden though, she thought. It was also Sehun's responsibility. If he had not helped her, she would have not been here hanging around with strangers. Least than expected, Sehun is just stay silent and leaving the room.

*Such an annoyance* Leina said in her heart

-

"We all know it doesn't work that way" Luhan said firmly, but again, Sehun remained quiet. "We can't leave before she is gone, you can't just take strangers un and out as you want. You know the rules. Trust nobody" Luhan said. "No, look...." finally Sehun speak up. "What? give us a reason" Luhan replied. 

"I'm still figuring some things out" Sehun finally finished his sentence. Luhan waited and waited, but the other guy speak no more. He gave a big sigh, being impatience of the younger. "Just bring her with us tomorrow, can't we?" Sehun said after got the big sigh. "Yeah, a burden for us. She can't fight, can she? We know that, that's why you saved her" Luhan said.

None of the two guys retreat. They are still on their own sides. Sehun quit from the tense by leaving the room. He flinch when he saw Leina sitting alone on the couch, lost in her own mind. He is not sure if Leina had heard them talking about her. He hope she didn't. Sehun made his way to her and sit on the couch opposite her. She seemed surprised because not noticing of Sehun's coming. So he can conclude that she heard nothing earlier.

The awkward silence hung in the room. Leina look at Sehun for a clue, but he look at the other direction instead, as if he didn't feel any awkwardness. "What?" Leina asked, make Sehun's eyes pierce directly to hers. "What?" Sehun raise his brow. "No, it's just like you have something to say. It's just.....awkward" she said.

"Well" he said and fix his sitting position. His eyes are so sharp and intimidating to Leina, that up 'till now she still have to avoid his stare when they are talking. "Tell me. What's your matter with your brother? Why are you chased?" Sehun asked. Leina hesitate to answer and playing with her nervous fingers. "Angelos chase people" she said shortly. She knows that it didn't seemed to be the answer that Sehun was looking for. But better than just say nothing.

"They don't chase girls for the mining" Sehun said. Leina is in the dead end, she didn't see a chance to lie to him since Sehun seems very know about Angelos well. She paused, thinking. Shall she tell him everything? Is she even trust him? She didn't know. Looking at the current situation, the two poles didn't trust each other. "I.....it's about me and my brother. And  I can't trust you" Leina said.

"I neither" Sehun said, and for so many times, his cold eyes pierce through hers. "Look, you would have a hard time if we didn't know what actually happened" he said and left her alone again. Before Sehun really disappeared from the room, Leina called him, "Wait..."

"By the way, are you guys leaving tomorrow?" Leina asked. Sehun nods lightly and hesitating something. "You can tag along if you want" he said and gone in to his room. Leina on the other side, is glad that Sehun let her to. And she had promised to herself, that she will keep up with the guys and not being left behind.

-

"Catch up, girl" Baekhyun mocked, running pass Leina.

It couldn't be any crazier than this, she thought. The guys are so fast at anything that it make Leina flustered for times. In the beginning, all of them were just walking casually together. Leina still can figured Kris's and Chanyeol's backs, since they are the towers. However, gradually, the two towers became faster than before. They are half-running. Not just them, but all of them. And there is only a few persons left behind her. She tried to figure Sehun, but he was no where on sight.

In a split of seconds, she is the last after Baekhyun. Her pants couldn't be stopped. She wanted a rest, but she knew that asking for it wouldn't be a good idea. Lay headed back for her to check. "Are you okay?" Lay asked as he saw the pale face she got. "Yeah, sure" she said and keep up with Lay's pace. She likes Lay the most out of the boys. For her, he is a gentle and sweet guy rather than fierce. "You go ahead" she said. She doesn't want to be his burden either. This is her choice to follow them, and thisis her risk.

She felt a little glad though, because she could see Lay's back now. She knew that Lay had slowed his pace down for her. She is glad. However, she is afraid of one thing. How if both  of them got separated from the rest? And then they lost their way? Because the boys that in her sight is no other than Lay. And it happened already. There are only two of them.

A high fench came up in their way. The area is surprisingly quiet and empty. The air felt less pressured, making them harder to breath."I think they went inside" Lay said, pointing inside the fench. It looks scary because of the lot amount of trees inside the area. The fench was broken at the edge, made an opening, fit for a person to go through. There was also a notice at the top, said "Restricted Area, please stay away". Leina look to her left and right to find that the fench is endless, making a huge border.

"Are you sure about this?" Leina asked Lay. The area indeed looked creepy, it made her nervous. Lay nodded. "How do you know they went that way?" Leina asked again. He didn't answer at first, thinking. "I just know it" he asnwered and gesture Leina to go in through the said opening. Actually, she is doubtful of Lay eventhough she likes him the most. But there was no one she could trust more, even herself.

Lay waited for Leina to go in first. “Isn’t it a restricted area?” she asked. Lay nodded calmly, which to Leina’s surprise that he stay composed, not as frightened as she is when she heard the word ‘restricted’. In fact, he isn’t worry at all. “Used to. One of Angelo’s mining spot was opened inside, and no one can cross the border he made. But no longer since the people had demonstrated and turned them down” he said. Leina came inside, decided to put her trust on Lay. Right then, he follow after her.

The air was even harder to breath right now. “Is it me? Or the air make me out of breath?” she asked.The voice that came out from is even sounded pathetic by the lacking of air. It smells somehow weird, or poisonous in other word. If it were true, the air seemed to catch the oxygen in the particular place. “The mining had made the air like this since then. Don’t worry, sooner it will be better” Lay said and lead the way.

Now that they are inside the used to be ‘restricted area’, the atmosphere felt so much different than the other side. Just like in a new world. The trees are so leafy, tall and strong. It made the afternoon looks like nearly dawn. It was quiet as well that the only thing that make a sound is their steps on the dry leaves and branches on the ground. After a quite walk, the trees are more distant to each other. Make the afternoon sun succeed in trying to make its way to the ground. And just like what Lay had said, the air is getting fresher.

It’s no longer woods after some walk. They came to an end after a different view come to sight. Leina didn’t expect it to come on their way. It’s a large village, a hidden village on the foot of the leafy hills. The view is clear without the leaves’ shadow and is actually amazing. They could see the part of the village in one eye range from where they stand. The houses was set in a nice way, built neatly to one another. It was like a peaceful neighbourhood yet sacrosanct.
“What took you so long, Lay?” Luhan’s voice alert the two people from their left. Leina didn’t notice that the boys are already beside them, standing and waiting. However, Lay was composed as if he knew their presence.

“Okay, now that everyone is here, we gotta cross this village to get to the other border” Chanyeol said. “I don’t think we will just cross the village at the center, right? There must be another way” Kris said, his eyes are looking at the village, seemed so unsure.

“Why not?” Leina burst in. The heads turn to her as if it was the first time she talk to everyone. “Because we can’t” Sehun answers while turn his head away from her. “Okay, I may not know this village really well, but I have a good feeling of which way we should go” Chanyeol said, he took off first and followed by Kris.”I heard this village is really sensistive of our smell” Leina heard D.O whispered to Baekhyun. Leina, who heard it, is still hasn’t aware of what nightmare will haunt her.
-
To walk as far as you can from the center of the village so that you just have to pass a much fewer houses, that is Chanyeol’s plan. No one had a better idea since they knew the village is the only way.

They had to climb the steep ground down to the village’s land. Leina didn’t trouble herself at this time, she managed to keep up with the others. However, there is still something that disturb her. The smell of goods. The smell of pastries and grapes from the village had made her hungry. She hasn’t eat for a day to be exact. In the other hand, the boys didn’t seem hungry at all.

“I could make a delicious meal from those” D.O sniff in to the air. It doesn’t help Leina at all, she became even hungrier. “Someone’s hungry” D.O commented, and glance at her. Leina’s stomach jolted and she felt a bit terrified. She was surprised that D.O knew it too exact. “How do you know that...?” she asked. “Your stomach gurgled” he said. It was embarrassing yet strange, because in fact she didn’t realize that her stomach made a sound.

“What’s after the border?” Leina whispered to herself, but was heard by Sehun who have been in front of her. “Something you never know” he whispered too. Leina straighten and keep going. She decided she want to have no longer conversation with the ice-guy.

A sudden fast stone, thrown to Sehun’s direction. Fortunately, the thrower missed his face. The whole group freeze on their movements, looking at the same direction in to the trees behind them. “Who’s there?” Suho asked. But no answer. Another stone was thrown and it accurately hit D.O’s head. He shrieked just like what most people must have reacted. “What the hell” he cursed. His forehead doesn’t bleed but bruised. It was an enough trade with a scolding. Safe and sound, Kris take out one of his shuriken. So in to silence that no one had noticed. He threw it to what he had been targeting. A boy’s shriek was heard as a result.

“, it’s a boy” he said and ran towards his aimed target. While he was approaching, another boy came in to a sight. “I will tell uncle for what you have done to my brother!” the boy yelled at Kris and run away. The rest began to approach the boy too. “Are you okay? I’m sorry” Kris asked softly to the boy who was pinned on to the tree because of the shuriken. Kris wasn’t mad at himself for missing the target this time, he felt fortunate. His shuriken hit the boy’s oversized t-shirt.
Kris was close enough to figure out the facade. Then he realized. The boy’s face is similar with the other one. The boys are twins, we can say. “You are rude” Leina commented, without she realized. Kris move his head slightly to her, she rarely speak, but he managed to focus back on the boy.

Kris pull off his shuriken from the tree and pack it back in his pocket. When it was pulled, it had made a hole on the boy’s t-shirt. “Don’t play with the stones next time” Kris said and messed with his hair. He tried to be friendly but the boy seemed too frightened. The boy ran away.

“Sooner or later, their uncle will come” Luhan said. Just what was said, the other boy, the twin, had came up with an adult. He pulled the adult’s hand to their direction. The boy with a hole on his t-shirt, hug the adult as he saw him. He is their uncle, they could suggest.

“That guy, want to kill Yoogeun!” the boy said and pointed at Kris. The guy looked up at Kris and then the rest, including Leina. There was a hanging atmosphere, both poles are stunned by each other’s appearances. The guy noticed them. The guy knew what kind of creature they actually are. “Yoogeun, Moogeun, back to the house” the guy commanded, making the twins running back with their small steps.

They guy tilted his head slightly when he look at Leina. The guy knew, she must be a mundane. But Leina didn’t notice that. The boys are on guard. They are sure that no matter what kind of creature they are, good or bad, the people there will still see them as the creatures, the wolves. Leina glanced at Sehun who was beside her. His body was stiffen, not because of frightened, but portend that he’s ready to attack anytime. The image had made shivers down to her spine.

“Chen?” Chanyeol called, breaking the ice. The guy look to Chanyeol and hesitates, he began to recall. “Chanyeol?” he asked.“You know this guy?” Luhan asked. Chanyeol nodded and walked towards the guy, giving him a hug.
“What are you doing here? With them?” Chen asked and give the boys a disgusting looks. “Umm....we just want to reach the other border, please don’t tell anyone we’re here” Chanyeol answered. Chen shook his head, and there is pity in his eyes. He screened the boys and look back to Chanyeol. Bringing the whole group in to the village wouldn’t be a good thing. “I trust you....but the other border is ridiculous. Come to my house” Chen said.
-
The man entered the grand dim room. The color of purple overwhelmed the entire room. At the center of the room, seated a young guy yet a conquerer of the whole building. “What makes you so late, Jayden? Your people was in their shifts without you” the young guy, Angelo, said to the other guy, Jayden, in a harsh tone.

Jayden is staying quiet and nervous. He knew his master would soon asking him about his absent. “I was searching for my sister and there is an accident”he said. Angelo raises one of his brow and look at Jayden directly. “I told you to just jail her for the time being so that you don’t have to search for her over again” Angelo’s voice raising.

“She isn’t a prisoner” Jayden defended. Angelo rolled his eyes after hearing the same reason over again. “Why don’t we try to kill her? ......Only to prove whether she is a wolf or not“Angelo said, and Jayden‘s face redden with anger. It was how he managed his outburst toward the master. “I could capture her again like usual. But this time...., there was someone’s interference” Jayden quickly said, he tried to change the topic.

Angelo is becoming curious by the said statement. He got up from his chair and walk slowly closer to Jayden. “You were trained for years to become the commander of my people and I know you are good at fighting. So....what happened?” Angelo asked, this time his voice is softer but more serious.
Jayden paused.“There is a guy who helped my sister. Twice. And it was the same guy. I can’t take easy on him, he is fast for a human.....My two men was down” Jayden explained, he emphasized the word human. “Is he a wolf? Black or white?” Angelo asked, his eyes shot directly to Jayden. It was quiet straight ot the point.

“I don’t know if he is. But if it is, he must be a white! Black wolves are just myth” Jayden said and chuckled. However Angelo didn’t flinch. “Yes, you believe in that. But I don’t. I am not sure” Angelo said and gesture him to go out from his room. Jayden’s face straighten back after heard his master’s serious tone. And he head for the door.

“Wait” Angelo stopped his steps. “I have been thinking on this. And I think we should try” he said. Jayden turn again to his master. “Seek for any signs of black wolverines. Divide you soldiers across the city. Find them” he said. And with that, Jayden came out from the room.

After Jayden had came out, the room was another silence again. An old lady come out from the purple curtain and make herself walk towards Angelo. Different from another, this lady was so brave to come out in front of Angelo, inspite her short and weak body. She is nobody’s slave that she didn’t see Angelo as her master. But that was the fact, moreover, Angelo didn’t seemed disrespected by the old lady.

She is an oracle, Razel, and Angelo have his dependence on her since he was a little. His father make the old lady take care of Angelo. She had became the only mother figure in his childhood life.

“You believe in my words, at last” Razel said as she is referring to the black wolves he was talking about. Angelo used to believe that black wolves are extinct, though, he have doubts deep in his heart. While with Razel, who already foretold, always told Angelo that he must be aware of the black.
“I was saying that I’m not sure” Angelo answered quickly. His stare is then sidefocused on the gold sword in glass. A sword that shows power and authority. The sword from his ancestors, but no one can take it again even his father. He wanted it for long, but he never get it. He became more anxious. “Razel” he called. The old lady turn her body to him.

“You said that that sword is only for the wolves’ ancestry right?” he asked. Razel nodded. “Then why I was not allowed to take it?” he asked, in an annoyed tone. “I didn’t allow you to because it doesn’t belong to you. The one who inheirit it, could grasp the sword in to his arm without a single effort of breaking the glass. And you couldn’t. As I was saying, it is possible that it was owned by a black wolf” she said. And you can say, that was the forever reason for Angelo to be more curious and angry.

Angelo knew what he has to do.


COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE

[A/N: Come on, readers! Give some feedbacks in the comment box hahahah be the first one. It feels so lonely here with the silent readers :''''000 hahahahha ]