Lazy Dancing

Lazy Dancing
Sehun stared at the screen of his phone, where the words "Sehun lazy dancing" stared back at him. It's as if the words materialized into sharp knifes, and were into his chest. Sehun froze, feeling shocked and hurt. He bit his lip, willing himself not to cry in front of the members. "Sehun? Are you okay?" Jongin asked worriedly as he put his hand on Sehun's shoulder. He had seen the words on Sehun's phone. Sehun just nodded, not trusting himself to speak. Jongin remained by his side, debating whether he should talk. As he opened his mouth to speak, Junmyeon's voice cut through the air as he directed his words to the members, "Alright guys, let's stop for today and go back! You've done well." The members, Sehun included, have just finished practising their dance choreography and were resting when Sehun took out his phone to surf the net during the break. And that's when he saw those words. 
 
 
As the members started going out the practice room one by one, Sehun stayed behind. He made up his mind then and there, to continue practising the dance moves. He will show the netizens who he really is. "Sehun..?" Luhan spoke curiously, wondering why the maknae was not moving at all, when usually, he would be excited to go back to the dorm. "I'll stay here for a little while." Sehun replied without looking at his hyung's face. "But.." Luhan was worried, why would Sehun be acting so weirdly. Did something happen? Suddenly he felt a slight pressure on his arm. He turned, and saw Jongin holding him. "Let's go Luhan-hyung." Luhan saw the expression in Jongin's eyes, and knew not to say anything further. "Alright then, bye Sehun." Luhan waved to the figure in the middle of the practice room, and walked out of the door with Jongin. "11pm. Hwaiting, Oh Sehun." Sehun whispered to himself, as he heard the door close.
 
 
"Jongin! What happened?" Luhan demanded once they exited the building. Jongin sighed, and went on the explain what had happened in the practice room. "Is that true?!" Kyungsoo exclaimed beside them, eyes widening. The other members in front heard the conversation and stopping in their footsteps, immediately took out their phones to check. "Damn..." Kris muttered softly as he saw the words. The members looked at one another worriedly, knowing how sensitive their maknae actually is. "Should we just leave him there?" Jongdae asked, brows furrowed, looking at the direction of the building. "Better let him be..." Luhan spoke up, his tone final. The other members looked once more at one another, before continuing on their way once more back to their dorms. 
 
 
It's 1am now, and Sehun's not yet back. Jongin stared at the glow-in-the-dark clock on the wall from his bed. Baekhyun was already snoring lightly in the room they shared. I should get some milk and honey, and sleep, it's pointless to wait for Sehun, he'll be back soon enough. Jongin had lain awake for 2 hours, waiting for any signs that Sehun is back. It's late, and they have another schedule tomorrow. After making the drink in the kitchen, Jongin headed back to his room when he saw that lights were still shining in Luhan's room. Luhan must still be up waiting for Sehun too. Well, with Luhan up, there's nothing to worry about, since they share a room. Jongin went back to bed, and smiling at how his hyung cares for his bestfriend, he fell asleep.
 
 
"Argh Sehun, why aren't you back yet?!" Luhan growled in frustration as he looked at the digital clock on his phone. He was anxious. Luhan was very anxious. He knew how sensitive Sehun is, probably more than the other members, excluding Jongin who was his bestfriend, and he knew Sehun would not talk to any of them of his troubles. "世勋你这大笨蛋!" Luhan threw his phone onto his bed, and watched as it bouced off it. "靠!" He rushed to his phone and picked it up from the floor, checking to make sure there were no cracks or anything. He sighed heavily as he fell onto his bed. I should read my Harry Potter while waiting. With that, he bounced off the bed and went on to emerse himself in the magical world of Harry Potter.
 
 
3am. I should get back soon. Sehun thought as he stopped dancing to catch his breath. You did well, Oh Sehun, now let's go back. Sehun tried to encourage himself, but as he walked out of the building and into the cold, he just a little bit down. Why, why would they say that about me? Sehun thought silently as he pushed his freezing hand deep into his pockets and walked back to the dorm, alone, in the early cold morning.
 
 
Sehun pushed open the door of their dorm, and wasn't surprised at all when he was greeted with darkness. Thought so. He couldn't help feeling a little lonely, but as he walked towards his room, he was surprised to see a little beam of light emitted from the base of the door, indicating that Luhan was still up for whatever reasons. "Luhan..." Sehun muttured as he opened the door, and stopping when he saw the sight of Luhan's little figure curled up in the chair before their desk, a Harry Potter book in hand, nodding off. Sehun chuckled, he looks so defenseless and like a child. "Luhan, Luhannn." Sehun said as he played with Luhan's fringe, and stopped when he saw him stir. 
 
 
"Oh, Sehun? You're back! What, it's 3 in the morning?!" Luhan opened his eyes groggily, and shot up from the chair when he saw the time on the clock, crashing right into Sehun. "Eew, you're sticky! Go wash up and sleep! Go go go!" Luhan exclaimed as he got off Sehun, who was now lying on the floor. Sehun sighed, and picking himself up, went into the bathroom for a shower. 
 
 
As Sehun exited the bath, he saw Luhan back on the chair, reading the book. "Luhan? Aren't you going to sleep?" Sehun asked while drying his hair with a towel in his hand. "Nope, not yet. This book is interesting!" Luhan smiled cutely at Sehun. "You fell asleepwhile reading." Sehun teased Luhan lightly. "Oh shut up, you. Go to sleep!" Luhan stuck out his tongue. "Okay..." Sehun got into his bed, smiling at the sight of Luhan sticking out his tongue. "Do you mind the lights? I can switch on the desk light instead if you want." Luhan asked, voice muffled as he spoke from behind the book. "It's fine." Sehun answered tiredly, before closing his eyes, and Luhan disappreaed.
 
 
Sehun had no idea how long it was, but it seemed like a few minutes after he had closed his eyes before he heard the rustle of the book as Luhan put his book on the desk. Luhan was tired, dead tired. But he didn't want Sehun to worry that Luhan was staying up for his sake, so he acted as if he was too engrossed in the book, when all he wanted was to be in the comfort of his bed. Luhan crept to Sehun's bedside, and feeling sure that Sehun was asleep, he placed his hands on Sehun's head, gently patting it. "Sehun-ah, if you have any troubles, you can tell us you know. You can tell me. I'm worried about you... so are the other members. Don't keep your feelings all bottled up inside of you please? Tell me all your problems, and I'll make sure to help you. Sehun-ah, don't...burden yourself too much... You can rely on me too." Luhan whispered as he looked at Sehun's tired, but handsome features. You're so tired... Yet you still work so hard. All because of the words of the netizens. Luhan retracted his hand, and after switching off the lights, he turned in, exhausted. 
 
 
He waited for a few minutes after hearing the click of the light switch, and everything turned darker, then opened his eyes. He heard what Luhan said, he felt the warmth of his hands, he felt the gentle pat on his head, he felt the tiredness in Luhan's voice, the worry, the concern. In that moment, he felt that Luhan was a man, no longer like a child, worried about him and taking care of him, instead of being defenseless. He felt the love for Luhan, and the love of Luhan. Tears welled up, and he let out a strangled choke as he struggled to keep the tears at bay. Luckily for him, the soft snores coming from Luhan assured him that Luhan was sleeping already. Sehun breathed heavily, calming himself down, before squeezing his eyes shut and forcing himself to fall back to sleep. 
 
 
When dawn broke, Luhan was still lying in bed, trying to catch up with the sleep he lost from waiting for Sehun to come home. "Luhan! Luhan! Xiao Lu! Wake up! We have a schedule today! Come on wake up!!!" He heard Sehun's bright voice calling for him, but he just curled up more, snuggling under the covers. "Don't make me do this, Luhannn." He heard a warning tone in Sehun's voice, but chose to ignore it, choosing instead, to continue sleeping. "Okay, here goes." Sehun muttered, as he prepared himself. "One, two.." Sehun had barely gotten on Luhan's bed before he came crashing onto the floor. "Don't ever, come onto my bed Oh Sehun! You'd known better!" Luhan screamed while looking down at the poor boy sitting on the floor. It was amazing how fast Luhan reacted when someone got onto his bed, and looking at Sehun... It must have hurt. Luhan thought before Sehun spoke up again. "Well at least it got you to wake up, Xiao Lu." Sehun grinned as he looked up to the fuming deer. "Are you guys okay? There's lots of noises. Oh." Both guys turned to look at the door, and saw Yixing's head poking in. "He kicked you Sehun?" Yixing laughed, amused. "I had never dared to touch Luhan's bed after he kicked me off it once. How brave of you Sehun." "Well now that you are up, Luhan can you please wash up? Kyungsoo made breakfast!" After directing what he said to Luhan, Yixing disappeared from the door. 
 
 
After waiting for Luhan to wash up and after eating Kyungsoo's delicious breakfast, the group set off for their schedule. The rest of the members were puzzled with Sehun's actions this morning, for they all felt that Sehun would be in a depressing mood because of what happened, but surprisingly, Sehun behaved as per normal. Laughing, chatting and basically being their maknae. "What's gotten into him?" Baekhyun mused when Sehun left for the bathroom. They had reached their destination and was getting ready for their work. "Shouldn't he be very sullen and depressed? But he's being so normal!" "Hyungg, why do you want Sehun to be abnormal?!" Tao asked incredulously. "It's not that we want him to be abnormal, it's just that after what happened, his behavior isn't normal!" Baekhyun explained, with Chanyeol nodding. "Anyways, Luhan, do you know what happened? You stayed up to wait for him right." Minseok turned to Luhan. With that, all the other members' attention turned to him. "Err, I don't know what's gotten into him too. I just waited to see that he came home safe and when I woke up this morning, he was already quite excited." Luhan too, was clueless as to what happened, and thus, the members' attention were turned to Jongin instead. "What. Why are you all staring at me?" Jongin asked suspiciously. "Jongin, go ask Sehun what happened!" Kris told Jongin. "What makes you think he'll tell me hyung?" Jongin raised his eyebrows. "Because you are his bestfriend! Besides, aren't you curious too?" Kyungsoo spoke up. Yes, Jongin was puzzled as to his bestfriend's actions. "Alright," he sighed. "Quick! He's back!" Jongdae pushed Jongin towards Sehun, and the group of members broke off. 
 
 
As Jongin walked over to Sehun, he had a slight suspicion as to Sehun's actions, but there's no way he could say it in front of the group. "Yo." Jongin greeted. Sehun nodded. "So, how are you feeling?" "Fine, I'll work hard to show those netizens who I really am, and that I'm not lazy dancing at all." Sehun replied firmly. "That's my boy." Jongin grinned as he punched Sehun's arm lightly. "But honestly, what happened?" Sehun remained silent, before turning to face Jongin, grinning. "Luhan happened." The answer was soft, but Jongin caught the two words. Suspicions confirmed. Jongin returned the grin. 
 
 
"So?" Jongin was with everyone again, excluding Sehun. "Nothing. He just felt that it's no point worrying about what the netizens are saying, but just continue to work hard and prove himself." The members didn't say anything for a while, but before long, "Our maknae's grown up!" Junmyeon sniffed slightly. And everybody cracked up. Sehun came and seeing everyone laughing, he dragged his bestfriend aside. "You didn't..?" He asked. "Don't worry," Jongin looked towards Luhan who was talking to Minseok, Jongdae and Tao before turning back to Sehun, smirking, "Your secret's safe with me."