Chapter III

Begin Again

Ok! Last part... just because I wanted to share it... thanks for my silent readers =)

 

Chapter III

The next couple of weeks passed in a blur. Julieth was enjoying her classes a lot; she was recalling things she already knew and learning new things along with her classmates. Eating lunch with Junjin became a habit for her; at the beginning Mia was there too, but after a late night conversation the girl just disappeared somewhere in the campus. Julieth was sure that Mia was just having lunch sitting under the shade of a tree with her classmates.

In the evening, when they left the University, the three of them headed to Tess’ coffee and the girls helped her with the business while Junjin waited for Eric and Steve to get off of their work. And when the weekend arrived the six hang out, going to nightclubs or having dinner at home with a good movie. And sometimes, Junjin asked Julieth out. Mia and Tess, of course, urged her to accept and she finally gave up with her excuses.

“Is something wrong with Mia?” Junjin asked during their date at night, walking through Central Park.

“Not that I’m aware of, why?” Julieth had a bad feeling.

“I saw her in the evening in the studio… again, working her off with some steps,” he said. “I offered to help her, but she refused.”

“She’s just working hard,” she commented.

“I don’t think so, Julieth. We someone dances you can learn a lot from it,” Junjin smiled. “She’s sad and angry, and she’s just dancing because she wants to get rid of something.”

Julieth kept quiet for a while. “You know, I’ve been thinking this lately, but… Maybe is because of Steve,” Junjin asked her to continue. “Isn’t he dating someone?” The man opened his mouth in a big ‘O’ and everything fell into place.

“I thought it was only me,” Junjin snorted.

“I think he’s doing it on purpose,” Julieth commented as a matter-of-fact. “Have you seen how he looks at her?”

The dancer nodded. “But he has a good reason.”

“If you’re talking about your traditions and customs, I would like to differ,” she stopped and took a seat on a bench. “Look at Eric, he isn’t bound with those traditions and his parents don’t say a thing!”

“That’s because they lived here for a while,” Junjin tried to give reasons.

“I have no doubts about it, Jin, but… when there is love, shouldn’t you fight for it? Especially when someone is worth fighting for…”

“So, should I fight for you?” The sudden confession was like when a switch is and the light blinds you. “What do you think?”

“W-what are you t-talking about?” She stuttered and felt her cheeks turning hot.

“Just what it is…” Junjin shifted his position; he placed a knee on the ground and looked at Julieth. “I really like you and I would like you to be my girl.”

Oh my goodness, I’m shaking! Julieth bit her lip, feeling all excited and flustered. She had the feeling since time ago, that those not-dates that they were having was in reality dates. Tess had given her a warning about it, but to be honest, she was really flattered right now.

“Julieth,” she loved the way he says her name; even when he still had his Korean accent for her it was like something was sparkling inside her every time he called her complete name.

How could she say no? She closed her eyes and took a deep breath in order to keep her cool.

“Mm… yes?” Julieth looked straightly into his eyes. “I mean. If you don’t mind my weird behavior and my not-so-Asian-manners,” she joked.

She received a kiss as an answer.

At the beginning she couldn’t believe it. His soft lips made contact with her and when he started moving them she finally snapped out of it. She responded him with all her might, tasting his lips and feeling like lastly, she was beginning again.