Broken, Numb, Lost

Tug o' War

Erm.... heyy? So... I kinda cheated and decided to use the first ending I wrote. I'm a er for happy endings and as a JeTi shipper, I thought I would continue this story just to give JeTi their happy ending. BUT, sometimes you have to see things in a diff perspective. Anyways, this chapter was rewritten/edited. It was the fourth chapter where Taeng and Jessica break up except this is the final ending. 


 

Jessica sat there, staring at Taeng with guilty eyes. Her voice was caught in . No matter how much she wanted to deny it, she couldn’t because she was still in fact in love with Stephen.

 

“I think I know the answer.” Taeng gently caressed Jessica’s tear-stained cheeks.

 

“I’m sorry, Taeng. I thought I was over him, but I-“

 

“Shh, it’s okay. I don’t want you to apologize for how you feel. So, let’s just end this on a good note, okay?” Taeng smiled warmly at Jessica as he wiped away her tears.

 

Taeng breathed in deeply. “Okay, I’m ready. Now hit me as hard as you got!” Taeng brought his arms out, prepared for the verbal beating of his lifetime, but was instead consumed with a pair of arms.

 

“Thank you, Taeng. You’re the most amazing person I’ve ever met.“ Jessica sniffed as she whispered against his chest.

 

“You’ll always have a place in my heart. I love you. Nothing can compare to my love for you.”

 

Taeng grinned smugly.

 

“But because of my stupid heart, I can’t fall in love with you.”

 

“You are pretty stupid for not loving me.” Taeng agreed, pulling her closer against him.

 

“You’re also stupid for being in love with this stupid girl.”

 

“Stupid and stupid would never work out.” Taeng realized with a disappointed sigh.

 

“But stupid and stupid can still be friends, can’t they?” Jessica asked timidly with hopeful eyes.

 

“Of course. That’s the best kind of friendship.” Taeng pulled back slightly before leaning down to kiss the blonde’s forehead.

 

“This was real, right? We really did date for four magical, amazing years? It wasn’t just a dream?”

 

Jessica nodded. “Every second of it was real. Our moments and our feelings were all real.”

 

Taeng smiled, feeling complete and content. “Then I’m glad it lasted as long as it did.”

 

Again, she nodded as she clung to him tightly. They were both hurt, but they knew that they would eventually heal from this.

 

***

 

“Thanks for driving me back, Taeng.”

 

“You’re welcome. I’ll see you later?” Taeng asked, unsure if either of them needed more time to recover.

 

“Yeah, later.” Jessica answered with a reassuring smile.

 

After Taeng had driven away, Jessica sighed before turning to the grand doors of the mansion. She took a deep breath before pushing the doors open.

 

“Wait, what? You do?!” Krystal giggled into the phone.

 

Jessica looked around, hoping to find Stephen, but he was nowhere in sight.

 

“Aw, I like you too.” Jessica turned to Krystal and saw the way her sister’s eyes twinkled as she spoke on the phone.

 

“Bye. I’ll see you tomorrow in class then.”

 

Jessica’s eyebrows scrunched together as she asked, “Weren’t you talking to Stephen?”

 

“No, that was Minhyuk. He just confessed to me over the phone. Isn’t that the most romantic thing ever? I’ve been crushing on him since high school.” Krystal squealed as she hugged the couch pillow.

 

“But what about Stephen? Where is he?”

 

Krystal finally stopped rolling around with the pillow on her chest and stared at Jessica dead in the eyes.

 

“I have to tell you something, Unnie. And you probably won’t like what you’re about to hear.”

 

***

 

Jessica was upset. No, she was furious and this HellSica fury was directed toward Stephen Hwang. How could he lie to her about dating Krystal? How could he not tell her that he was leaving for Japan tomorrow? How could he leave without saying anything…again? Why did she always have to find out the truth from someone else?

 

After Krystal had confessed everything, Jessica suddenly found herself in her car driving toward Stephen’s place. As she parked the car in front of his house, she stormed up to the door and knocked furiously on it.

 

When an older man opened the door, Jessica bowed politely.

 

“Uncle Hwang, is Stephen here?”

 

The man smiled that similar eyesmile at her as he pointed down the hallway.

 

Jessica took no time to tread toward the door at the far end of the hallway. Neither knocks nor signs were given to the occupant in the room as she allowed herself inside.

 

“Jessi?” Stephen asked in surprise. He was in the process of changing out of his clothes, which was why he was now shirtless.

 

“How could you?” Jessica started once she was standing just a few feet away from him.

 

“How c-could I w-what?” Stephen gulped out of nervousness when she continued to glare at him. Her face was red and her nostrils flared out.

 

“You lied to me about dating Krystal! But that’s not even what hurts me the most! It was what you did after! You kept up with your little love act and ran away after it was over! Am I that insignificant to you? Was I not worth the time to be told the truth or for you to at least spare a few seconds to tell me that you were leaving to Japan?! You were just going to leave all your problems behind and run away like you usually do! You know what, Stephen? I’ve had enough of this! I can’t keep being in love with someone who would rather run away from his problems, who only thinks of himself, and who doesn’t seem to care about me at all! You’re a coward, Stephen. So keep running. Run as far away as possible because I never want to see you again!”

 

Stephen could only stand and watch as Jessica ran out of his room, crying and heartbroken. He couldn’t say anything to make her feel better. He couldn’t comfort her nor could he defend himself because she was right in all aspects. He was a coward, and as of right now, he didn’t deserve her love.

 

***

 

When three fragile hearts are on the line, is there a right choice? Will there be a winner out of this tug of war for love?

 

Taeng, the childish yet seemingly strong man who hides his feelings with a mask. He smiles and puts up a front when deep inside he’s cracking and hurting over and over. 

 

Why couldn’t it be me? Taeng rested his head on the steering wheel. He had driven a block after dropping Jessica off before his mask broke altogether. Now, here he was, revealing his pain and sorrow, the repressed tears finally making its appearance. The real Taeng was everything but a strong person.

 

Stephen, the fearful man. Risks were never his forte. He only acted on what he knew he could excel in. Maybe that was the problem; Jessica was a risk. There was a lot to lose if he acted solely on his feelings. Sadly, Stephen still lost everything by not taking that risk. He not only lost his chance, he lost his girl and best friend.

 

I’m sorry, Jessi. Stephen stood outside his balcony with his shirt still in his hand. He liked it when the freezing wind numbed his body. Even if it was just for a little bit, he wanted to freeze his heart and pain. Please, just for tonight. Let me not feel.

 

Jessica, the centerpiece. The woman with one heart but two lovers. The man she dated and thought she loved gave her his whole world. The man her heart truly wanted couldn’t even fight for her. Her heart was pulled back and forth by her two best friends. In the end, it ripped and her heart was left in two pieces.

 

Jessica was in her warm, cozy bed, but nothing could warm her for she has lost her heart. There was nothing left for her to feel. Not even the comfort and security of her baby sister who was holding her tightly.

 

“It’ll be okay, Unnie. Your heart will heal.” Krystal assured as she gently wiped Jessica’s trail of tears.

 

Jessica let out a small smile. It can’t heal if it’s no longer there.

 

 


Thanks everyone for your support! xD I hope I didn't break your hearts :P

One story down... three more to go! :3