Yoona's story

Birth of a family : Girls' Generation

YoonA's POV

I'm the face of SNSD, the centre of SNSD and the junior shikshin of SNSD, Im YoonA. I have many fans who love me and support me. I was also in a drama. I could tell I was a successful entertainer now.

But before I bacame famous Im YoonA, my life was rough. I had rough times when I was in high schooler days. If there were not them beside me, there would not be Im YoonA today. Yes, them. My bestfriends , Kwon Yuri and Seo Juhyun.

Yuri was the one who could understand me by only one glance at my face. I never could lie to her. But she never said my weakness in front of the other members.

Yuri was like a tree for me to which I could depend on safely. She was like a big sister to me. I couldn't do anything without her. Even people said I was under Yuri's shadow, I didn't care.

Yuri knows most of my secrets but she never revealed them to others, not even to Taengoo. So I could trust her with all my life. And I owed her one thing.


Flashback
( in 2005 )


I came back home from entertainment to my house. I grabbed the envelope in my hand tightly. That's my salary that the company provided me. I have to save them for my school before my father found out I have these money.

I stopped before I reached to home and took out the money. I put half of them back in the envelope and put the other half of the money in my inner pocket.

I sighed as I didn't want to lie my father. But I must do it as he would spend all the money in one day if he finds out all these money.

My sister married last year but her husband was just an so she couldn't look after my father and I like the old time. So I've to take care of myself.

I entered the house and found no one in the house. Dad must be out again. I sighed and looked for something to cook in the kitchen. I found some potato and so I decided to cook them. There was some rice left and I jist cook them. It was not enough for both of us but I would let my father to have more. That's why I was always thinner than the normal girls around my age.

While I was preparing rice and potatos on the table for dinner I heard some heavy footsteps fron the door and heard my father's deep and drunken voice.

" Yoona??? Are you home???? "

" Yes, appa."

" Come here."

He shouted and I ran to him to carry him inside the house. He was yelling nonsense rubbishes and I ignored them and just carried to the small living room of my house which is now filled with the didning table.

" Appa. Let's eat dinner now."

" Dinner?? I don't want to. Don't try to act innocent Im Yoona. I know you have money. Give me that money."

" Here."

I handed him the envelope and he checked the amount. Then he threw the envelope on the table in anger and shouted in my face.

"What the hell Yoona?? You think I'll believe you??? Where is the rest??? "

" Appa, that's for my school."

" I don't care. I need money."

" No. I can't give you."

" That !!! "

He yelled and the next.thing I know was I was lying on the floor and he was kicking me like a crazy person. I couldn't get up and lied there lifelessly when he dragged to my room and locked.

I used all the strength and crawled to the door and hit on it, begging him to let me go.

" Appa, open the door please."

" No. I will not."

" Appa, I have to go back."

" I won't if you don't give me the money."

Then I heard his footsteps leaving the house. I cried on the floor and leaning in the door hoping that someone woukd open the door for me. Time flew away and I didn't know what time it is. But I was sure I was late for the training.

Atvthat time, I heard someone entered the house and I thought my father had come back. But to my surprise, I heard Yuri's voice.

" Yoona?? Yoona??? Where are you?? Are you at home?? It is strange. Why the door is opened?? "

" Yuri?? Yuri unnie!!! "

I called her and she walked to my room. She tried to opened the door but it was locked.

" Yoona-ya, what happened?? I followed you as you didn't come to training and now you are locking yourself in the room. Tell me the reason instead of running away. We can figure out things together."

" What are you talking about unnie?? My father locked me here."

" Really?? Where is the key?? "

" It is placed on the table beside the TV."

" Find it."

Then Yuri appeared at the door with the key in her hand.

" Yoona!!! "

She rushed to me and helped me to stand up. She treated the wounds on my stomach. I explained her the whole thing and she was mad at my father.

" How did he treat his own daughter??? Yoona, I can take you to my home if you don't want to live here anymore. My family likes you."

" Thanks you unnie. But I can't leave him alone. He is whatever my father. "

Yuri sighed and agreed with me although she did not like the idea. I was glad as she came but I didn't want to show my weak side to my members.

" Unnie, can you promise me one thing?? "

" Tell me."

" Don't tell anyone about me."

She stared me for a few seconds and finally she nodded her head.

" I will but you have to promise me one first."

" What is it?? "

" Promise me that you will not cry alone in the bathroom again and tell me everything about your problems."

" Unnie~~"

" If you don't, I've to tell our friends."

" Ok. I promise."

End of flashback

From that time, Yuri was more protective to me more than usual and I could lean on her everytime I was tired. Yuri unnie became my bestfriend.

She didn't tell the members about my problems and she always tried to save me from my father by giving him some money. I didn't like the idea but she always do that to save me from being beaten up like hell.

Maknae was different from Yuri unnie. She had been friend to me since we are young. And she became my secret soulmate who could understand me and confort me without any words between us.

Flashback

Seohyun and I were now in senior high school final year. She lives near my house so I have to go to her house everyday and we walked to our school together. Seohyun's parents own a hotel so we can tell she was 1000 thousands times more rich than me.

I was a poor girl but I pretended like I didn't care anything and I became a player at school. Maknae was a good student and all the students and teachers like her.

We always eat together during lunch break. One month, my father spent all money that I saved for lunch so I didn't have money to buy lunch. So I took goguma to school to eat.

I didn't want to tell my friends about it, so I sneak out to the school garden and sat down under a tree to eat alone. I couldn't buy rice so I ate goguma as lunch for months. I didn't want to tell Yuri. I used her money for several times already. I didn't want to bother her anymore.

One day when I was eating goguma alone under the tree, someone sat beside me and I looked up from my lunchbox.

" Hyunie?? "

" Yoona unnie?? Why you leave me alone in the canteen?? "

" Huh?? I - "

" Ah, goguma?? Can I have some??? "

" Yes."

I said and she took my lunchbox and ate the goguma. I was afaid of she asking me why I was eating goguma as luch but she never opened .

From that days, she always took goguma as lunch, too and we ate together under the tree. I knew she clearly know why I was eating gogumas. But being a kind person she is, she never made me feel embrassed because I was poor.


End of flashback




" Taeyeon unnie, where is my gogumas??? "

I heard maknae's question and Iooked up from my plate. We were having dinner together and maknae was finding her gogumas. But Taeyeon unnie said.

" Sorry, maknae. I forgot to buy it."

" I want to eat."

Seohyun murmured but I could still hear her. She was now pouting and I wanted to make her happy. I stood up from my chair and walked out from the dining room.

" Where are you going Yoona?? "

" To the shop at the end of street. I want to buy potato chips."

" But it's raining."

" No. I'll be quick."

I didn't listen to them and just ran out from the dorm. I putbon thehoodie on my head and ran as fast as I could to the shop. I bpught the goguma for Seohyun and ran back to the dorm.

When I entered the dorm, they were still in the dining room. I fixed myself and entered the room. All theeyes were on me but I ignored them and put the goguma bag in front of Seohyun.

" Hyunie, here's your goguma."

" Omo, Yoona unnie. Thanks you very much."

Maknae's face was light up suddenly and she stood up tp hug me. I padded her back and about to go to my room to change before the stupid shikshin attacked me.

" Yoong, you said you went out to buy chips. Where it is??? "

Damn. I forgot to buy it. I thought for only a few minutes and said.

" There's no chips I like. So I just bought the goguma. I'm going. I need to change."

I rushed to my room quickly before they could further interogate me. I took off thebwet clothes and changed into pajama while someone opened the door and looked at me with her annoying smirk.

" What??? "

" Really Yoong?? You go out to buy chips and came back with a bag of goguma."

" Stop Yuri unnie. I'm telling the truth."

" I believe you. You are going out in the rain not for buying goguma for a poor pouting girl."

Yuri said and I just rolled my eyes. Yes. I went out in the rain to buy goguma for Seohyun. But it is because she was nice to me so I just return the favour.

I made up my mind that I would not love my members as I didn't want to end up playing with their hearts. Being a player became my habit and it is difficult to drop the habit. So I will not love my members especially maknae.

Even I love her, I'll not try to possess her. Im Yoona will not hurt Seo Juhyun forever. Never. I will just sit and watch the most precious jewel of mine, my seobaby.