Part 2 ☆☆

A Mermaid's Tears
Finally, I caught up with her. Joonmyeon thought.
 
He went in front of her, preventing her from swimming anymore, and waved and smiled.
 
-
What's a boy doing here? I was so confused. I gestured for him to follow me. 
 
We soon reached a secret caving, which had no water. It was secret- because I discovered it and my parents or anyone didn't even know about it, no fish has been here before.
 
"Hello. What are you doing here?" I said to the boy.
 
"Oh. Finally I can talk! Hi! I followed you over here~" He said and smiled brightly.  
 
I raised an eyebrow. "Why?" 
 
"Curious. And seeing that you have a tail, are you- by any chance-" 
 
I quickly covered his mouth. "No! Don't say it!" 
 
"Please don't tell anyone....." I said and he nodded.
 
"You can trust me." He said assuringly.
 
I automatically relaxed.
 
"What's your name? I'm Joonmyeon."
 
Joonmyeon. What a prince like name.
 
"Oh..h-hello j-joonmyeon, my name's Hae Yeon."
 
What a pretty name, it fits for a princess, just like her. 
 
"You can breathe?" Haeyeon gasped. Joonmyeon himself was also shocked at the realization.
 
"I- Wow I actually can. I didn't know...." 
 
"Anyway how long can you stay down here?" Haeyeon asked hesitantly. She didn't want Joonmyeon to go just yet. 
 
"Uh...I have a friend waiting for me at the beach....." Joonmyeon said.
 
"Alright.....will you come back?" Haeyeon said sadly.
 
"Of course! I stay in the beach house near here. Jongdae, my friend, just came over to hang out." 
 
"When will you come back tomorrow?"
 
"Err I guess at night?"
 
"Okay bye!"
 
Joonmyeon said and waved goodbye, and I watched him swim off. Sigh. I miss him already. I hope tomorrow comes faster.
 
Anyway, I have to get the seaweed back to my mom.
 
-
 
"Oh! So there you are, Joonmyeon!" 
 
"Man here's your ice cream. It almost melted because of the hot sun, geez."
 
"Thanks bud." 
 
"No problem buddy!"
 
Joonmyeon spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach with Jongdae, they went from building sand forts to sandbathing each other to lying on the water and just relaxing, and soon it was evening.
 
The both of them packed their stuff, and before they left, Joonmyeon looked in the distance of the sea again. See you tomorrow, Haeyeon.
 
-
 
"Mum! I met a boy today!"
 
"Really? How?"
 
"He was swimming down here, then he saw me."
 
"Really? Did you talk to him?"
 
"Yeap! He could breathe underwater! I think I like him already~"
 
My mum suddenly turned away. "H-Haeyeon......"
 
"Hmm?"
 
"I don't think you should be doing this....."
 
"W-why?"
 
"Dear, he's a human, we are mermaids. See the difference?"
 
"B-but...."
 
"He can't come down here. Tell him tomorrow. He can't find out about our existence, I wouldn't want us to be found out, you know?"
 
"B-but he said I c-could trust him..."
 
"People can lie, you know."
 
"But how am I supposed to talk to him then?"
 
-
 
Haeyeon swam around the depths of the ocean, not knowing what to do. 
 
Suddenly, the mermaid witch appeared in front of her, scaring her a little.
 
"My dear Haeyeon, can I help you?"
 
"Wh-what d-do y-you want....." Haeyeon was always scared of the witch.
 
"I think I can help you in your little human boy problem over there."
 
"H-how d-did you know?"
 
"Forget that, you want help right?"
 
Haeyeon hesitated for a moment. She really wanted to meet the prince though.
 
"Y-y...yes....."
 
"Good, then listen to me." 
 
Haeyeon nodded her head. 
 
 
"Hmm, since your fifteenth birthday has already passed, I think you can go to the land now, right?"
 
"Yeah....it's according to the book of mermaid rules right?" 
 
"But if you go to the land- you need legs."
 
"Uh huh...."
 
"I've heard you have a beautiful voice."
 
"W-what? H-how....w-what d-do you wanna do with it?"
 
"Exchange it with legs. That way you can see the boy, right?"
 
Haeyeon thought for a moment. Legs or my voice? Joonmyeon or my voice? 
 
"F...fine."
 
(A/N: This means that she cannot speak when she turns her tail into legs) 
 
The mermaid witch cackled and took out her staff, waved it around Haeyeon, as bubbles surrounded her.  
 
"Done, now you have the spell. Remember, you can't communicate with him using your voice, you only can dance for him. If you fail to come back to the sea before dawn, you'll turn into sea foam." 
 
Haeyeon nodded uneasily. At least I get to see Joonmyeon.