3

Dance In The Dark

Together we'll dance in the dark...

 

Krystal went to the café the next day and stood behind the counter, waiting for someone to come in. A few minutes later, Luna entered.

"Why are you working?" She asked. "You should rest."

"I'm fine now." Said Krystal, making a coffee for Luna.

"You don't look fine.." Luna mumbled as Krystal walked over to her to give her the coffee.

"What do you mean?" Krystal asked, frowning.

"Have you seen the bruise on your cheek? How did you get that?" Luna asked.

"Oh.. I must've done it in my sleep or something.. I don't remember how.." Krystal said quietly, going back behind the counter.

"...Krystal."

"What?"

"I know he hits you." Said Luna.

"He doesn't." Krystal said.

"I've been watching you for a long time, even before we became friends. I see those bruises on your arms that never seem to go away. When we went to your house, I saw the blood on the walls in the living room and things that had been used to hurt you.." Luna said, looking up at her.

"Luna, please leave." Krystal said.

"You can't let this go on any longer. He'll end up killing you." Said Luna.

"You don't understand. I can't escape from him." Krystal mumbled.

"Let me help then." Said Luna.

"How?" Krystal asked.

"He doesn't know where I live. You can stay there for a while. Do your parents live in the country?" Luna asked.

Krystal shook her head. "They recently went back to California."

"We can send you there then." Said Luna.

"What about my job? I'll have no friends..." Krystal sighed.

"Someone will do your job. Don't you have a friend who can go with you?" Luna asked.

"..I want you to come with me." Said Krystal.

"I can't... I have to finish university." Said Luna.

"I can pay for you to join a new one in California." Said Krystal. "I have a lot of money."

"..I'll think about it." Said Luna. "But you're going to stay with me for now."

So when Krystal's shift was done, Luna took her to her apartment.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to stay?" Krystal asked as Luna lead her into the living room.

"Yeah. I have to go to my classes now so make yourself at home. Use the shower if you like, eat what you want, you can sleep in my room if you like." Said Luna, picking up her bag of books. "I'll see you later."

Krystal ended up watching TV for a while, then she decided to go shower. When she got out, she wrapped a towel around herself and left the bathroom. Just as she was about to walk into the living room to get her clothes, Luna came in.

"Uhm.. Hi." Said Krystal awkwardly.

"Hello. Do you need some clothes?" Luna asked.

Krystal nodded slowly and followed Luna as she lead her into her room.

"I have my own.. But they're the ones I was wearing today." Said Krystal.

"You can wear some of mine then." Said Luna.

There was a small silence, then Luna turned around and handed Krystal some clothes. Just as she was about to leave, Krystal grabbed her arm.

"Wait."

Their eyes met and there was another short silence. Krystal pulled Luna closer and kissed her softly.

"W..What was that for?" Luna asked.

"..Thank you." Whispered Krystal.