1

Dance In The Dark

Silicone.. Saline.. Poison.. Inject me...

 

Krystal walked into the café and signed onto the shift she'd be working for the next few hours. It was quiet for a saturday morning, but business would pick up soon. She put the radio on and turned it to a moderate volume and waited. It wasn't soon until the first customer of the day came in. She was a local and Krystal recognised her face instantly.

"The usual?" Krystal asked.

The girl nodded. "Yes please."

Krystal rolled her sleeves up and made a cup of coffee for the girl. She didn't actually know the girl's name since she always came alone and hardly ever spoke. She brought the coffee over to the girl. Just as she fumbled around with her purse for some money, Krystal shook her head.

"It's fine, you don't have to pay today." Said Krystal.

The girl looked up. "Really? I have the money though, I can pay."

"No, it's fine." Said Krystal. "Since you're a local here you can have it for free."

"Oh.. Thank you." Said the girl with a smile.

"It's nothing really.." Said Krystal, then she walked back to the counter.

There was a small silence, then the girl spoke again.

"..Can I ask for your name?"

"It's Krystal. Yours?" Krystal asked.

"Luna. Well.. Luna's not my real name, but since there's another Sun-Young in my class they call me Luna." Said Luna.

"Ah.. Well, as you can probably guess, I don't go to university. I just work here all day." Said Krystal.

"Don't you get bored?" Luna asked.

Krystal shook her head. "I like the quietness here in the mornings and late evenings. It's very loud at home... My boyfriend likes to watch sports so he shouts a lot at the TV.."

"Boyfriend? Who is he? Does he go to university?" Luna asked.

"He's called Jongin but everyone calls him Kai.. He works at a gym." Said Krystal.

"What does he do there?" Luna asked, becoming more interested.

"I don't exactly know, I think he teaches classes sometimes and when he's not doing that he just lifts weights.." Said Krystal.

"He must be really strong then." Said Luna.

"Yeah.." Krystal mumbled. Strong enough to kill me if he wanted to, but no.. He just plays games with me, every night until I can barely move...

The two kept talking for a while, then Luna left to attend her classes for the day. The café started to fill up at lunch, Krystal's shift ended and the other workers came on. She had no choice but to go home because if Kai saw her outside she'd be in for an extra beating tonight. She entered the apartment and started to clean up the mess from last night's torture session. There was glass everywhere and blood splattered on some of the walls. Her own blood. After finally cleaning as best as she could she went to her room to take a nap. She rarely slept at night because of the pain and she wasn't allowed to go to hospital. Kai made sure that her wounds never got infected though and her broken bones healed quickly, he couldn't let her die because then who would he take his anger out on?

A few hours later, Krystal was awoken by a voice.

"Get up. Now."

Krystal's eyes opened instantly and she sat up straight away. She learned from past experiences that if she didn't wake up when he told her to he would pour scolding hot water on her. She got dressed quickly as Kai stood making sure she didn't try to escape like she had done in the past.

"..Are you going to start now or do you need something to eat first?" Krystal asked.

"Make me something to eat." He said coldly, dragging her by the arm into the kitchen.

After making something simple and watching Kai eat, the madness began. He pushed her around, threw things at her and beat her until she was too weak to even get back up. He left her in the bathroom on the floor after throwing her into a scolding hot bath then dropping her on the floor. All that Krystal could do was wrap a few towels around herself to stay warm, then she passed out.