Breaking the Ice

Perilous Fate

BREAKING THE ICE

 

Luhan can’t explain how he felt at that moment. He was excited yet nervous to know why. It’s like He was expecting something he doesn’t know but still, there was an expectation. He finds it really weird how happy and how his heart beats so fast just by looking at you.

 

“You resemble my oppa a lot. Not physically though because he coincidentally looks more like Baekhyun but your personality are very much alike. When I’m with you I feel like I’m with my big bro.” you smiled as you said those words

 

Luhan on the other hand was a bit disappointed. He sure doesn’t know what to expect but that was not his expectation, totally NOT.

 

“Of course, BROTHER what more to expect?! Aish! Get yourself together Lu! Can someone please explain to me why I am like this?” he thought to himself

 

Not knowing what to respond, he remained silent. He was battling with himself anyway. He was helpless, obviously he was. Poor Lu Han, he obviously likes you but just can’t figure it out. Don’t blame him for this is his first time to feel such way towards a girl. Usually, girls come his way before so if he finds a girl attractive enough then he’ll do it with her but if not then he’ll decline it politely. He’s a man too though he doesn’t really looks manly at all but still, he’s very attractive in every way but the way he felt for you is different. No ual lust but full of respect and affection. Sure there were girls in the past he finds very attractive but that was just it. Never did he felt the same way towards the others but you.

 

“Your fears, your humor, stubbornness, the way you claim to be the manliest but your actions were unmanly and your pride it all clicks!” you added as you lightly laughed snapping Lu Han back to reality

 

“Really?! Then I should meet that brother of yours! We’ll surely get along well and please, for your information missy I am very manly.” Lu Han faked an excitement so he could conceal his disappointment.

 

“Too bad…he’s in heaven now.” A bitter smile replaced your light laugh

 

“Oh…I’m sorry.” He apologized

 

“Don’t be Lu. This is life. People come and go and we only have one finish line, death. His is just a bit too soon.”

 

“Here goes Min Jin ahjumma again.” He teased

 

“Yah! Don’t you ahjumma me!” you raise your voice at Lu Han with your oh-so-famous deathly glare earning another laugh from him. He’s really enjoying seeing the sight of you being annoyed. He finds it really cute and both of you completely forgot that you were actually riding a Ferris wheel.

 

“You really sound like an old lady sometimes.” He said in between laughs

 

“Oh shut up! I’ve just turned 18 today!” and you were in the verge of rolling your eyes

 

“So what you said during the press con wasn’t a lie at all?” he asked

 

“The only lie there was Sehun’s typically boring perspective of a supposed to be epic love story and of course the denial of his reckless womanizing activities and…” you paused as you scrunch your nose up “…me being his girlfriend.”

 

“So it really is your birthday today?! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?! We should’ve celebrated it!  You’re officially a woman now and that’s one of the most awaited parts of a girl’s life! And lastly, I assume that you are not into Sehun by the way you said the girlfriend part.” He scolded

 

“First of all, obviously yes it’s my birthday today. Second, I said it at the press con. Third, I know I am a woman now, that’s it. What’s so exciting about that anyway? I’ve just became a year older which because everybody wants to be forever young. And lastly, I know most girls would be attracted to him but yes I’m not into him. You’ve friend is just…urgh! I don’t even know what word to describe him without being rude.”

 

Lu Han didn’t know why again but he was actually pretty relieved to know that you are not into Sehun and he feels happier than ever but at the same time guilty for no reason at all.

 

“It’s really a waste that we didn’t get the chance to celebrate your special day.” He said with full of disappointment and guilt again. You on the other hand were happy that he was too engrossed to the topic because he forgot that that he was actually still riding the Ferris wheel. The fear that was once visible in his doe eyes completely vanished.

 

“Please, we’re celebrating now. We’re having fun. Isn’t that what celebration is all about? To have fun and enjoy?” even though the fears in his eyes were gone you still don’t want him to feel bad for not celebrating your birthday his way.

 

“Right! But still we cou…” sometimes Luhan is just so irksome

 

“Oh! Shut up Lu!” and you finally rolled your eyes

 

“Did you just rolled your eyes at me?!” his voice was so different and he was also raising his right brow

 

“I just did Mr. Lu. Are you offended with that?” You taunted and you also raise your right brow to mock him even more

 

If it wasn’t you then Luhan would probably be fuming right now. He hates it when people mock him but instead of being mad he just laugh.

 

“Oh Miss Byun, you never fail to amuse me!” he said in between his soothing laughter. You on the other hand was staring confusedly because you thought you’re gonna have another round of childish bickering with this young man in front of you.

 

You took your time staring at him and you’ve just realized how beautiful of a man he is. Not only physically but both heart and soul. His lashes were thick and long, his brown eyes were so bright, his lips were so kissable, his jaw line is perfect  but his nose weren’t that well-chiseled and his teeth weren’t that aligned but he along with those imperfections is a perfect work of art. He’s an all-in-one package and every girl would be very lucky to have him, you yourself would be lucky to have him. He’s so attractive and you were starting to consider having a crush on him and it’ll be a good opportunity because he’s Sehun’s best friend so you’ll have the chance to meet him often. “Sehun!”  Your subconscious mind shouts reminding you that you were already Sehun’s property and you’re not worthy to be with Luhan. Oh! How you want to kill her from spoiling your short time admiration.

 

Lu Han did the same. As his laughter died down he found himself staring at your perfection. Big brown eyes that ironically fit your small face, long and thick lashes, well-chiseled cute pointy nose, red lips and a milky white skin, it’s an excellent perfection. He can’t believe that this beautiful girl in front of him was a bubbly, sassy, loud, witty and independent girl hiding behind those cold façade. He’s beyond happy to witness those sides of you that other people can’t usually see. Oh! How he wants to keep you and pamper you with everything that makes you happy but then he remember that Sehun already have you first. He’s disappointed and the thought that Sehun only has you to use you to cover up his mess and maybe use you for his pleasure angers the hell out of him. He knows the guy too well and the first time in his life he wished that he doesn’t know Sehun that well so he doesn’t have to think about what Sehun might do to you.

 

Snapping you both out of your deep thoughts, the door of your cubicle opened and both of you disembarked the said cubicle. The said amusement park will be closed in a few minutes so both of you decided to go back to the hotel and call it a night but as both of you were waiting at the taxi stand Luhan’s eyes caught something. He checked the time in his wrist watch and it was still 11:30 p.m.

 

”Min Jin-ah!” he called too excitedly than he ought to do

 

“Uhhh…yes?” you answered confusedly

 

“What time did Sehun told you to go back?”

 

”Before sunrise…I think?” you answered unsurely

 

“Good! Then let’s go over there!” and dragged you across the streets without even waiting for your response. You of course were utterly confused to where he’s taking you. It was nearly 12 in the morning for Pete’s sake and both your day and night were exhausting but Luhan seemed to be very energetic. Seeing his eyes sparkled with excitement and joy makes your energy level rise as well.

 

“What if I met Lu Han first? Will I be happy then? Will he take care of me unlike Sehun who I don’t know what he’s plan for me? Will there be a possibility that he might love me?” you thought to yourself

 

“But of course we didn’t meet first. And of course he won’t fall for me because we’re two worlds apart. He’s made for heaven as well as Sehun and the others while I’ll be stuck here in hell. Oh! Why am I even thinking about it?!” you asked yourself as you realized what you just thought and you immediately pushed all those unpleasant thought at the back of your mind. It’s your birthday and you and Luhan are still having fun so you don’t want to spoil your mood.

 

“And we’re here!” Lu Han’s high pitched voice took you back to reality

 

Glancing up, blinking rapidly as your brows creases you can’t believe your eyes! You were already in front of a karaoke bar, a fancy and obviously high class karaoke bar! You were astonished! It’s beyond your expectation!

 

“You want to sing?!” you questioned with your too high pitched voice. Luhan nodded too eagerly and his grin grew bigger.

 

“You can sing?!” and your voice raise another pitch. Luhan nodded again this time it wasn’t too eager anymore and his grin went back to normal.

 

“Seriously?! Like sing SING?! You know what’s singing right?!” well your question was stupid. Everybody knows how to sing of course some just aren’t born for singing. You just can’t believe that this man who is also as successful as Sehun would actually want to sing and could actually sing.

 

Rolling his eyes out of your fatuity he instead dragged you inside than answering your foolish question. You were embarrassed of course and can actually feel the blood rushed through your face. Oh! How you wished a magical hole would appear and vacuum you!

 

Once inside you though if it’s really a karaoke bar. There’s an impressive and apparently extravagant chandelier for crying out loud! Lu Han was really serious. He got the V.I.P room without any reservation beforehand. Oh! The power of money! You don’t even want to know how it cost. The walls between each room were evidently made of premium mirrors not just glass but mirrors; the floors were made of white marble; the doors were all neatly white; and the door frames were surrounded with fancy diamond-like decorations; and at the upper corners of each doors placed a well-crafted deluxe night lights. All of this for a karaoke bar?! It looks like a white fantastic wonderland!

 

Once inside your jaw literally dropped to the floor. The room was bigger and fancier than you expected. A magnificent flat screen T.V was placed across the sumptuous white velvet couch, couch that can accumulate about 15 people and it looks so comfy; there were red silken pillows on the couch and between the TV and the couch placed a luxuriant glass table where a song books, remote control and two microphones were placed; the walls were pale maroon as well as the marble floor. Oh! You’d rather sleep than sing there!

 

“Min Jin? You okay?” Luhan shook you. You were too engrossed drooling over such a marvelous place that you didn’t heard what he was talking about.

 

“Yeah. I am perfectly fine. It’s just that this place is so awesome that I can live here forever!” you beamed joyously and too excitedly

 

“Good! I love that you like it.” he smiled gratefully! Oh! The effects of you on Lu Han! Unlike Sehun, Luhan isn’t a lavish spender and yet here he is spending grands to delight you and he was even happy about it.

 

“So you were saying?” you asked as you settled yourself in the couch and hugged the fluffy pillow. How you love the comfortable touch of the velvet the smooth texture of silk! It even smelled so good, it smelled of fresh lavender!

 

“Oh right! I was saying that is it okay if I make a call outside? It’s kinda important and urgent and it’ll take a while.” He asked and smiled diffidently

 

“It’s super fine! I can wait and stay here for an eternity!” you purred as you rub your face on the pillow. Luhan’s smiled grew bigger by just seeing you. He doesn’t even want to leave you anymore but of course he needs to. It’s urgent and important.

 

“Okay then. You can start singing if you want to and you can order anything you want to. They serve food and drinks here. And take care of Lulu!” Right! Lulu, the stuffed deer you won for him is right beside you. He obviously named it after him saying that they look alike.

 

“ Hmmmpkay! Take care!” and on cue he was out of the room. You consumed 10  minutes nuzzling the said pillow and laying on the couch. Bored, you got up and scan over the said song book.

 

“In that space where memories linger
Still as warm on my fingertips
You are here, here
Your scent, your face…”

 

You sing passionately. It was Jin’s Gone and it’s the song for your brother and parents. You just missed them so much!

 

“…Please, look at me, look at me, look at me
I can feel you, like this, feel you, feel you
Struggling to catch your expressions
Struggling to catch your smiles

You, who I struggled to understand


In the place where we were together
In the moment where I resembled you
When it felt too good being soaked in the rain
You are gone, gone

 

How am I supposed to erase you alone and live
In those moments where we once walked together
Like that, the things we made beside each other
Even the memories, even those regrets

Lingered there with me, missing you so much…”

 

Tears were threatening to fall as you’ve sang those lines. Loneliness, sadness and emptiness had taken its toll on you. For the first time you wished your life wasn’t like what it is. You wished your parents and brother were alive. You wished they didn’t die. You wished you had died along with them in the accident but of course you didn’t. It’s so tiring and frustrating how you’ve been stock in a hell hole and here you are finding yourself in another hell hole.

 

Finishing the song a tear dropped but you immediately wiped it off. You’ve regret choosing that song because your energy level dropped along with your mood.  You can’t let yourself cry, at least not now, not when Luhan is just outside. Speaking of Luhan he really took his time. 15 minutes had passed and yet he’s not back yet. 15 minutes isn’t that long but then you felt lonely again without him and you don’t even know why. Since you don’t want to sing anymore you settled back to your place and think about what had happen today. You’ve just told the press that you’re Sehun’s girlfriend and surely half of the population of Seoul would probably know you by tomorrow or maybe by now. This unexpected twist of your life stressed you out even more.

 

 

Just as you were about to choose another song to distract yourself from thinking too much the door burst open and comes Luhan with a cake, balloon, roses and champagne.

 

“Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday dear Min Jin

Happy birthday to you”

 

He sang gleefully. Now that is what took him long, no not long, he was quick actually. Where the hell did he get those in this time of night and in just a short 15 minutes? Well, that’s Lu Han for you.

 

“Happy birthday Min Jin! I made it on time!” he smiled proudly as he ushered you to blow the candles

 

Now your reaction is far more what he had expected. He wants to make you happy but you end up crying. You were too overwhelmed! It’s the first time someone has surprised you like this.

 

So as gentleman as ever, he put everything he’s holding on the table and came at your side to comfort you. He handed you a handkerchief which you immediately accepted and blow your nose at it. Lu Han should be disgusted since he’s a clean freak but he finds it funny and your ugly sobs made it funnier. Well you don’t usually cry like this but you were also happy, too happy. So your emotions got mixed up and it result to this, ugly and noisy sobbing.

 

“Shush! Don’t cry now Jinnie, I was just trying to make you happy.” Though he sound so sincere but you can tell he was holding his laughter

 

“I am happy! *sniff* So happy! *blows nose* *sniff* This is one of my best birth day ever! *sneeze*” oh! You were just so embarrassing!

 

 

“So? Why are you crying?”he asked, voice high pitched from stopping his laughter

 

“Because I’m happy Lu, I am so happy that it made me cry! *blows nose again*” you answered as you glared at him and he burst out laughing out loud while you sob harder

 

“You sure are having fun!” you were irritated. You hate crying in front of other people and yet you are here crying and being laughed at.

 

“Okay…okay…I’ll stop. I’m sorry but hey! Speaking of fun let me tell you something funny.”  And you just ignored him. You sure are mad now.

 

“Someone’s mad!” he teased and chuckled while you just rolled your eyes at him and pouted.

 

“Geez! You are mad! But hey would you believe if I tell you that my dream is to become a singer/actor/composer?” and you just can’t believe your ears

 

“Your dream is what?!” you exclaimed as you abruptly stop crying and was in the verge to burst out laughing

 

“You heard me.” He then looked down sheepish as blood rush into his cheeks making them crimson red

 

“Oh my God! You of all people?!” and there you lost it. You burst out laughing much to his embarrassment but for him it’s better than seeing you in tears.

 

“Yeah. Haha. So funny. Kill me now.” He dryly and shyly replied but you didn’t stop laughing. You just find it ridiculous. I mean Luhan the heir of one of the biggest shipping and cargo line in Asia would want to be an idol star? That’s one of the most shocking revelations you’ve heard during your 18 years of existence.

 

“Okay. Okay. I’ll stop. Aigoo! This guy is funny.” You were out of breath that time you stopped

 

“But I’m not lying just so you know. I really want to be an idol star but I know that’ll only be a dream that can never be realized.” He woefully smiled which made you feel bad for laughing because he obviously is serious. Sensing that the atmosphere dropped you then tried to bring the mood up again.

 

“Then be an idol star for tonight!” you beamed

 

“What do you mean?” he asked rather confusedly

 

“Let’s celebrate my late birthday and we’ll sing all night like we’re on stage!” and that he grinned while you started to choose a song much to his dismay because…

 

“Aye yo GG! Yeah! Yeah!”

 

  You handed him the other microphone so he’ll sing along

 

“Yah! What’s this?! This song is for girls!” he whined

 

“Just sing and dance! Man! This is a good song!” and he’s left with no choice but to follow

 

The both of you were in trance as you both sing and dance to the song. You thought Luhan won’t do it but he’s actually having fun, singing and dancing as if he’s on stage. The songs you’ve chosen were all SNSD’s songs namely Gee, Oh, Mr. Taxi, The Boys and Mr. Mr. All songs that has a signature dance which surprisingly Luhan knows. He even knows the dance steps better than you do.

 

“Aigoo! That was a blast!” he said in between pants as you both collapse on the couch

 

“I think you’re the lost member of GG!” You giggled as you making him blush

 

“I am not! I am manly!”

 

“But you know the dance steps and songs pretty well! Dude! You should really be on their team!”

 

“Yah!”

 

“What? That’s a compliment you know!” You chuckled as you blinked innocently at him

 

“Aish! This girl really! You’re the one who chose those songs! I’ll show you how manly I am when I sing!” Someone’s challenged

 

As he was scanning the song book you took the liberty to ask him. You were pretty stressed during the past few days plus the you got yourself into doesn’t help at all and you badly need that stick. You’re a smoker, obviously. But that doesn’t make you a bad person. You were highly influenced by the people around you on the club so you being as curious as you are, decided to try and you somehow can’t find a way to stop smoking specially when you’re pretty stressed out. It has somehow become your stress reliever.

 

“Lu!” you called out

 

“Hmm.” He hummed in response as he was still busy scanning the song book. The guy is serious here!

 

“Can I smoke here? I mean am I allowed to smoke in this room? And do they have cigarettes here?” you sheepishly asked

 

“Yeah yeah! Whatever!” is he even listening? Well, obviously no because he was still too engrossed on choosing the best song that he can sing at the moment

 

“Assa! Thanks! I’ll just go order some.” You were about to stand and go to the reception but he stopped you

 

“They gave it to me and said if we like to order something all we have to do is call. Just press 0.” He handed you the phone but his eyes were still glued on the song book

 

“Okay. Much better then!” and without further ado you pressed 0 and it rang. You then ordered a box of Marlboro. As you put the phone down Luhan was done selecting his song as well.

 

 

“Girl, I can’t explain what I feel.
Oh yeah my baby, baby, baby, baby.. yeah”

 

All you could ever think of as he started was an angel passionately singing in front you.

 

 

“Making a day feel like a minute
With you, I’m the main character of a movie
As if Im about to film an action scene to come see you,
as if I’ve become a hero

You’re perfect to me, I imagined
How would it be if we were together?
If only you say okay, everything is perfect, oh baby”

 

 

Ironically every single line sang explains Luhan’s weird feeling a while ago. You watched as his eyes glimmered with uncertainty and confusion but nonetheless his calming and easing were the best music to your ears.

 

“I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love”

 

Well the two of you just started talking a few hours ago but he finds clarity for those heart stropping moments when he looks straight into your eyes, those breathtaking scenes every time he looks at your bright and child-like smile  and those mind blowing debate to himself a while ago in the song. The moment you step on the red carpet he had to admit he was at lost when he saw you.

 

“All the guys in the world are jealous of me
They must be jealous to death of me, for having you
Even after the sun goes down and moon goes down, it will never change
You will find out that I’m a guy whom you can trust

I don’t know why, this unconditional emotion
Did I ever imagine?
Next to me, you shine more brightly as I become a better guy”

 

 

Now that he thought about it the way he reacts about you being Sehun’s sudden girlfriend he realized that he was just worried about you. He was afraid of what Sehun might do to you and now that he got to know you a bit he was jealous, jealous of Sehun. He wished he had you first, he badly do so he can wash away those emptiness and sadness in your eyes and if given a chance he would take you with him but of course not. All he could is look after you and that is not enough for him. There’s something in you that captured him and that makes him want to protect you.

 

“I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love

If you wish and wish earnestly
Will it come true, like the fairytales?
A never-ending happy ending, happily ever after
I will trust you, protect you and comfort you
I will be on your side
I will never leave your side

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love

All the guys in the world are jealous of me
They must be jealous to death of me, for having you
My babe, baby babe, baby, baby
I can tell, this is love
I will make you smile often like a child
I will make you feel the most comfortable, like a friend
My babe, baby babe, baby baby
Tell me, what is love.”

 

And yes he found himself beyond willing to protect you, to make you feel comfortable and happy. For 21 years he found himself wanting to do something on his own will, for his own self. Everything he does is for his father and even up until now he still keeps on doing things that could make his mother happy so that he’s mother would actually love him and care for him but never once did his mother showed him a motherly affection. He became the perfect puppet that every parent would want of his child but he was not happy. You’re the first person to make him feel this happy, not even his friends because he always keeps his stress and struggles by himself, he always looks after them, he never shows them a glimpse of sadness and loneliness but with you he feels like a baby taking his first step and first word towards happiness, he feels carefree and he doesn’t have to hide anything.

 

He was in deep thought, happy thoughts as he was staring in you bright hazel orbs. Silence lingered as the song halted to an end but the silence was comforting and soothing. He thought to himself that maybe this is love, the way he felt about you and he was more than happy to be in love with you. To him you are still a beautiful mystery that he is trying to figure out but that just makes things much more thrilling than it is. He was willing to be selfish for the first time in his life and he felt good to think about his own happiness. He unconsciously smiled as he thought about your smiles and pouts but that smile vanished as you broke the eye contact because the guy in black suite knocked and gave you a pack of Marlboro and a lighter and you even grinned by receiving those. His blood suddenly boils.

 

As you put a stick of cigarette between your lips and was about to light it Luhan immediately snatched it away from you.

 

“Yah! What the hell?!” you growled as you glared at him but he was also glaring at you which made you confused. You obviously asked if you can smoke at the place and he agreed.

 

“I should ask you the same.” he respond in a drop dead low voice which makes sends shiver down your spine but you just shook it off.

 

“I’m smoking. Isn’t it obvious?”

 

“And who told you to smoke?”

 

“I don’t need anyone telling me what to do. I do what I pleased to do.” You rolled your eyes as you get another stick again but before it could even meet your lips he snatched it again

 

“YAH! What the hell is your problem?!” you hissed

 

“Stop! Smoking is bad for your health missy!” his tone was too serious even for his own liking but you just laughed at him, adding fuel to the fire.

 

“What a kill joy.” Mumbled “It’s not like I’m gonna die immediately. Don’t worry UMMA this girl is tougher than she looks.” You grinned cheekily as you bend your elbow up and patted the imaginary muscles in your biceps. You were about to grab another stick again but Luhan snatched the box and lighter away from you making your patience run out.

 

“Give it back.” Your voice was monotonous

 

“No.” he shook his head. Oh! Both your stubbornness is at its peak

 

“No?” you raised your brows but your voice remained monotonous

 

“No.”

 

“I said give it back!” and you lost it, you yelled as you tried to reach the box of cigarette and lighter that he held up high

 

“I said no!” and he lost it as well

 

“YAH!”

 

“YAH!”

 

“I’ve been smoking like every single day for two years now and I’m still alive and healthy!”

 

“Exactly why you should stop now!”

 

“Aish! Jinja! Fine! Eat them all!” you give up as you harshly ruffled your hair in frustration.

 

 

You know you can’t win against Luhan this time. He’s standing firm on his ground. As you gave up he grinned victoriously. Every huff and puff of your cigarette is like cutting 15 seconds off your life and he just can’t allow that even if you’ll be mad at him. He kept the box of cigarette in his pocket and gave you some time to cool off. 10…15…20 minutes and you were still silent as your frown deepens as each minute passed.

 

“Min Jin-ah.” He finally broke the silence but you ignored him

 

“Hey. Don’t be mad. I was just concerned about you.” you just blankly stared at him for a couple of seconds and averted your stare into nothingness again.

 

Seeing Lulu beside you he had an idea. He grabbed Lulu and brought him close to your face.

 

“Min Jin umma, Luhan appa didn’t mean to make you mad. He was just concern about your health. Cigarette is very dangerous to your health and if something bad happens to umma Lulu will be sad.” Now that made you smile. Luhan’s kiddy voice is so cute and you can see him pout behind Lulu.

 

“But a stick or two won’t hurt. Your Luhan appa should’ve considered that. I’m not a child anymore and he can’t just go tell me what to do.”

 

“But umma, appa said that each time you smoke you lose 15 seconds of your life and he doesn’t want that, I don’t want that too. Appa said that drinking is better than smoking.” Now he regret saying the last part as he saw your eyes glimmered with excitement.

 

“Arraso. Tell your appa we need to talk. Drinking is better than smoking aye?” your mischievous grin made him gulp. He put Lulu down and smiled at you sheepishly.

 

“I’m really sorry if I made you mad Minnie and I’m sorry I didn’t really mean the last part.”

 

“Don’t you drink?” your question sounds more like a challenge

 

“I do but you shouldn’t drink.”

 

“And why shouldn’t I?”

 

“Because you’re a girl and Sehun will kill the both of us if you go back drunk.” You just chuckled at him.

 

“Let’s have a bet then. Whoever gets drunk first loses. The loser will do what the winner tells him to do.” You smirked

 

“That’s not a good idea Min.” Luhan shook his head in disapproval

 

“Are you being a now Luhan? You know it’s not manly at all.” You taunted again, hurting a little of his ego

 

“Still a no.”

 

“Tch! Really so unmanly.” And you shook your head in feigned disappointment. “Are you somehow scared of being drunk or have you ever been drunk? I guess not right? You’re too controlling, playing safe all the time. What a really.” And the look on Luhan’s faced made you smirked. It’s so easy to challenge him.

 

“Fine. Bring it on.” Luhan should back off as he saw your foxy smirk but he’s ego was hurt so he had to fix the damage

 

You then ordered two bottles of tequila. Luhan is just jumping into a death trap. We all know that you don’t get drunk that easily.

 

“To our new found friendship, to my 18th birthday! Cheers!” you raise your shot glass and Luhan raised his as well.

 

“Cheers!”

 

The saltiness of the salt and the bitterness of the alcohol mix together in your taste buds plus and the heat of the tequila leaves a pleasing burning sensation on your throat plus the sourness of lemon after that bizarre mixture is just perfect. In every shot you can feel your face heating up and so does Luhan but you never felt dizzy. The both of you were already half of your own bottles and both your faces down to the neck were red. You were perfectly fine but Luhan was obviously tipsy as he starts blurting out things he know he shouldn’t.

 

“Min Jin-ah.” He called out with a sly grin

 

“Zup? You drunk already?”

 

“No.” his grin even grew bigger “I was wondering, how did your first kiss went?” he suddenly asked out of the blue

 

“And why should I tell you?” you crossed your arms and faced him

 

“Because we’re friends, anyways if you don’t want to tell me yours then I’ll tell you mine.” Now you find it interesting.

 

“Go on.” You ushered as you took another shot and before he starting revealing he took another shot as well

 

“I was 15 back then, you know teenage with raging testosterone. It was one fine afternoon and as usual our house was quiet and empty so out of boredom I decided to know do my deeds. Do you get what I mean?” he shyly asked and you just shook your head. You get it but you just wanted him to say him to himself.

 

“I was…how should I say this…hmmm…playing with myself? Yeah! I was playing with myself. You get it now?” you again innocently shook your head. That’s not the word you want him to admit. You may be a but you’re not that innocent. You’re 18 and you obviously know about these stuffs

 

“Urgh! I was ing. Get it now?” and your lips formed the shape of “o” and your eyes widen a bit as you nodded. You were trying hard not to laugh at his discomfort again. “So yeah I was ing and one of our maids entered the room to inform me that I have a diner to attend later that day and also catching me doing it. She was about 18 or 19 that time and she’s too damned hot with her big . I thought she will go out immediately but she came to me and gave me a , kissing me and swirling her tongue inside my mouth. My first kiss was too damn hot but the embarrassing part there is that I didn’t move an inch, I didn’t even responded the kiss instead I just closed my eyes and exploded on her hand and collapsed literally as I’ve finished my released. It was a pity that she was fired because of that, they even took me to the hospital and the doctor says that my hormones just got out of hand so I passed out. There, my first kiss.” And he smiled as if he was proud of it you on the other hand find his story ridiculous

 

“Wait. You passed out after you got your first kiss and should I say first ?” you asked as you tried to control your laughter

 

“Yes and yes. Man! That felt so good!” and he even nodded to himself as if he reminisce the moment

 

“That…that was just hilarious!” and you finally burst out into fit of laugher “I mean who would passed out after a kiss and a ? You..you never fail to amuse me Lu!” you were already clutching your stomach as you were also kicking the air and was on the verge to roll on the floor.

 

Blinking rapidly as he was trying to process why you were laughing and when the bell rings his eyes widened.

 

“Oh! My! God! What the hell did I just said?!” the horror plastered on his face makes you laugh harder.

 

“I…you…no…no one knows about that. Could…please…I mean…Could you please keep it between us?” Flabbergasted and embarrassed was what Luhan felt. They say about drunk people speak twice before they think and obviously Luhan is not just tipsy but was already drunk but he still refuse to admit it even though it’s quite evident already.

 

“Even Sehun doesn’t know about this?” you asked as you tried to kill your laughter and he just nodded like an ashamed child.

 

“Oh. Okay. It’s our little secret then.” Well, you are not that evil so yes you decided to stop teasing him about it and will just keep it by yourself. When Luhan is embarrass that means something beyond the definition of embarrassing must have happen and you don’t want to pressure the poor guy so you decided to quit messing around.

 

“Thanks.” And he even bowed “I owe you this one.”

 

“I actually don’t have my first kiss yet.” You mumble as lowly as possible

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Nothing, I said let’s just go back to the competition and drink.”

 

And so the two of you took your own shots again, both your bottles were nearly empty but no one waved the white flag yet and you were fine, just a very little tipsy but you can still manage unlike Luhan who was already grinning like an idiot. You checked the time and it was already 3:41 in the morning. Much to your surprise time flew by faster than you thought.

 

“Min Jin-ah.” He called out in a slurred

 

“Hmmmm.”

 

“How did Sehun found you? How did you end up being in such an agreement with him?” that question caught you off guard. You really don’t know if you could answer that or not since you know Sehun won’t be so pleased if he finds out

 

“Luhan I…”

 

“Oh. Never mind that I asked that.” Sensing that you weren’t answering him, he quickly dismissed the question.

 

Knowing that Luhan could be trusted you decided that it won’t hurt telling him about who and what you really are.

 

“One of Sehun’s company branch managers found me at the e house where I was working and they bought me, legally.” It’s all or nothing now. If Luhan decided to unfriend you because of your filthy job then you’ll completely understand. Your answer threw Luhan off guard as well. His eyes widened as he looked at you an unreadable expression. The both of you silently stared at each other for a good time. It was dead silent that you can really hear the sound of your beating heart and your shaky breaths.

 

“Let’s just finish this and head back to the hotel.” You finally can’t stand it so you averted your gaze. You mentally cursed yourself for blurting out the truth almost immediately but who will you be fooling if you keep it from Luhan? Nothing will still change. You were still once a hooker regardless if you are still a or not. No one will even believe you if you shout to the world that you are still chaste so you decided to end the conversation there and didn’t even bother explain. You know to yourself that you were already judge so what’s the point?

 

“Oh! Min Jin! What happened to you? How did you end up that way? I’m sorry.” To your surprise a pair of strong arms wrapped around your waist from behind, Luhan embracing you like you are the most precious thing in the world as he buried his face in the crook of your neck.

 

“Lu…Luhan.” You were speechless. You don’t understand. Is he trying to understand you or is it the alcohol kicking in?  You really don’t know but you were relieved that Luhan didn’t judge you like what Sehun did.

 

“You must be in so many struggles before. I’m sorry for being insensitive. I’m sorry for asking. I’m so sorry to hear that.” He says as he buried his face deeper, his breath tickles you but you were still comfortable about it.

 

“Luhan it’s okay. Thank you for not judging me. If it was some other people then maybe they already got away from me and they’ll be disgusted but you didn’t. Thank you for that.” And you lightly chuckled as his warm breath touches your skin

 

“I thought I was the unluckiest person alive but I am not. I didn’t thought about the people like you, how they end up that way. I’m so selfish for hating my life when you were trying to live to the fullest despite your struggles. I’m such an ungrateful person. Oh! Forgive me.” The guy is drunk already. You just lightly laugh as you gently pushed his head up and turned around to face a crying man.

 

“Hey why are you crying? It’s not your fault.” You wiped away his tears as you try to hold your growing grin. Luhan is still too kind.

 

“But…but…I don’t know. I wish I could protect you. It makes me so angry thinking about how easily those filthy bastards touch you inappropriately. God! I want to kill them!” Oh! So that was what he was upset about. You can’t help but smile at him.

 

“Who says they have touched me?” Luhan’s face suddenly lit up upon hearing your words

 

“You mean?” and he blinked confusedly.

 

“Yes, I don’t even have my first kiss yet so stop crying over things that never happened.”

 

“How?” now he was surprised

 

“I told you I’m tougher than I look. I won’t be a scholar at SMU if I’m no smart and clever enough so I used my brain instead than getting my sorry touched by those hags. A little bit of this and that and I’ve created my very own sleeping potion.” You proudly grinned. By the way, Luhans arms were still around you.

 

“Wow! Really?!”

 

“Hmm. Really.”

 

“So how long have you been doing that? And what does your potion made off?” he curiously asked

 

“2 years more or less, the star ingredient of my super potion is chamomile and valerian other than that is a mixture of antiseptics you don’t want to know. You might freak out.”

 

“Wow! Just wow! You’re interesting than what you already look!”

 

‘Hey! I think you’re drunk already.” You whined as you gently remove his arms around your small waist

 

“What? No? Go order another bottle of tequila. We have a lot to talk to missy.” Oh yes! Definitely drunk, his lines were pretty much slurred

 

“You sure?” you try to ask just to check if there’s still soberness in his being

 

“Positive.” Well, there isn’t. But then again you want to be drunk just for tonight so you followed and ordered another bottle. As you both finished the remaining liquids in the bottle you both have the waiter was just in time to serve you another bottle again.

 

“Just bill everything on my credit card.” Luhan told the sleepy guy.

 

“Okay sir.” And with that the waiter left the both of you alone again.

 

“So Min Jin, tell me what happened to you if you don’t mind. My curiosity is killing me really.”

 

So you told him your life story, how your brother died, how you survived the car accident in which your parents didn’t, how you suffered poverty and inhuman treatment under your aunt’s hands, how you end up being a prosty and how you’ve got tricked to sign the papers which legalized Sehun’s purchased of you. Luhan was a very active listener even if he was drunk already. He always gives reaction and opinions whether it’s necessary or unnecessary. You’re not drunk at all, just tipsy to the point that you can still remember everything that happened here and every single word you’ve said. It’s unlike you to trust anyone but you find Luhan trustworthy enough so yeah.

 

To be fair you asked Luhan to tell you about his life like how you told him about yours. You never thought that Luhans life would be so lonely. You found out that ever since he was born his mother or father never really held him. The maid took care of him. The maid taught him how to walk and his first word was not umma or appa but nana, it’s what he called the maid who raised him. At the age of 5 he was taught about table manners and etiquette at the same time he was also learning how to play the piano instead of playing around like what kids his age would do. His father never allowed him to enjoy his childhood while his mother was too selfish to actually care about him. The only happy memory of his childhood was meeting Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai, D.O, Hee Young, Jin Ae and specially Sehun. Sehun’s father and his was very close that the both of them meet often and he got to take care of little Sehun since he was a year older than anyone else in the gang. On the age of 18 his father kicked him out of their mansion and bought him a condominium so he could be independent though his father still provides him his allowance and all expenses and even a maid to clean his condo regularly. He doesn’t get it as well but he was happy to move into a not so big house though not so big is an understatement since his condo is also big. Just a few months after he steps into college he was officially announced as a stock holder of his father’s company and was declared as the next in throne since his grades was very impressive. He was also trying his best to please his mother and to meet his dad’s expectation. See? Luhan’s life may be full of material things and wealth but it’s lonely and plain. So since he haven’t enjoyed his childhood you asked him to list all the things he wished he had done during childhood and that he excitedly agreed.

 

You didn’t noticed but during the talk the both of you already consumed the whole bottle of tequila and yes you are a bit dizzy already, maybe a bit drunk while Luhan on the hand was beyond drunk but none of you still wave the white flag. How to wave the white flag? Pass out. After the long getting-to-know-you talk a comforting silence lingered again. Luhan felt so good to share his regrets and despair and you on the other hand felt beyond relieved that Luhan understood you without judging you. You both unconsciously smiled each time both your eyes met but none of you spoke a word until Luhan’s eyes landed on your lips and being drunk he was, he suddenly find them tempting which they really are.

 

“Min…Min Jin-ah.” He called you out but this time he was gulping

 

“Zup?” you were oblivious to the fact that Luhan felt uneasy at the moment

 

“You…you said you haven’t got your first kiss right?” and he gulped again. His throat suddenly felt dry the moment he looked at your lips

 

“Yeah. Why?” you just casually replied

 

“Can…can I have it?” now that widened your eyes.

 

“Wh---“ you can’t even finish your sentence since Luhan’s face was getting closer and closer and closer until it was only an inch away as he tilted his head to the right. You can feel his warm breaths and you instantly closed your eyes unconsciously anticipating for the kiss.

 

*blag*

 

You opened your eyes only to meet by the same room you look on the side Luhan was on the floor, asleep. The guy even snored a bit. You almost laughed at yourself for being in such situation. You shook him but the he wouldn’t even budge, he even curled himself into a ball. You checked the time again and you panic. It was 6:30 a.m and Sehun would surely kill you. He clearly told you to go back before sun rise. Exasperated, you called the reception to get the both of you a taxi and assistance to carry Luhan.

 

Coming out of the fancy karaoke bar, the sun has already risen and you cursed to yourself for forgetting to track time. The man in black suit was at the right side of Luhan while you were at the left as both of you carried him towards the taxi. Luhan may be thin but never ever underestimate his weight. As soon as the guy who you assumed was the receptionist settled Luhan comfortably on the taxi you immediately settled yourself as well and told the driver the name of the hotel. Thankfully you don’t have to carry Luhan towards his room when both of you arrived at the hotel since the staffs recognized the both of you but you still accompanied them toward Luhan’s room to make sure that the guy will be safe and sound though it’s not really necessary but you felt obliged to so you did. As you’ve reached his room you have to search his pockets for his card key and thankfully you found it without taking too much time. As you opened his room the two men then entered and settled Luhan onto his bed. Before they left you asked them for painkillers because surely the both of you will have a horrible hang over or more like Luhan will since you’re not drunk anymore from all those carrying earlier.

 

Since Luhan was all sweaty you decided to change his shirt first before leaving but before you could do so the door rang and there one of the hotel staffs handed you two painkillers. You thanked him before going back to Luhan. As you took Luhan’s shirt off you tried hard not to stare at his well-toned body. Man he has abs to kill for! With a shaky hand and breath you successfully yanked his shirt off. Cursing mentally again since you forgot you didn’t know where he put his clothes, you tried to check the closet but it’s not there so you stop and think for a while to where he could’ve have settled his things down. He can’t just come here without bringing something. You were impatiently tapping your chin with your finger along with your left feet on the floor while your arms were crossed until your eyes landed on the bed. Without wasting another time you checked under and there you found his suitcase and hurriedly grab a white shirt. You were about to put it on but he abruptly sat up and vomit on your chest much to your annoyance but before you could even scream he collapse back to the bed and slept soundly again.

 

You left him there half as you made your way to his bathroom with the shirt on hand and took off your shirt and brassiere because they were soaked with his pukes. The alcohol in your system was completely gone by then and all you wanted to do was sleep so as fast as you could you grab another shirt and rashly put it on Luhan and there you left him and went back to Sehun’s suite. As you opened the door you were met by a fuming Sehun.

 

“WHERE THE ING HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

I'm really speechless right now about the news spreading that Kris is leaving. I really don't even know what and who to believe since the fans were all assuming diffent things. I don't even want to open my twitter and instagram anymore, even my facebook. Just last week we were all ecstatic that exo are having their IG accounts and the MV and album tracks were released and now this. This is beyond shocking really. Anyways whatever happens I hope that everyone will still support EXO and Yi Fan. Sorry for the crappy chappy btw. That'll be all for now. Let's pray for the betterment of this situation. I really do hope that everything will be settled sooner.