Ten

Blacklisted.

"Can I trust you?" I was looking right at him.

I couldn’t lose my ground now, I needed to know that I could trust him. 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

“I’m protecting you, the government is protecting you. How could you not trust me?” He said, as he motioned to the door, “Big scary Agent Hoon isn’t going to let anything happen to you either, so you really don’t have to worry about anything.” 

 

That’s not a good enough reason to trust him. You kept your thoughts to yourself this time. “Agent Hoon said that you had explanations for me. What kind of explanations?” Trying to somewhat change the subject.

 

He just sat there staring at you, with no expression on his face. 

“Explanations that we don’t need to discuss at the moment.” He said sighing, his expression softened as he stood up and went to lean against the wall. 

 

“That doesn’t help me in trusting you.” You said, “You need to give me something, I can’t trust someone that can’t explain anything to me.”  You could hear your voice raise, you were angry and confused. None of this made any sense and no one was giving you answers. You went to lay down, your back facing him as his silence seemed like the only answer you were going to receive. 

 

“I can’t explain it to you now because you’re not in the right state of mind, I don’t know what I can do to make you trust me. But I need you to just try for now.” His voice was soft, and you could hear walking towards the door.

 

“Wait!” You said as you tried to turn over quickly, an idea popping into your head. You felt a sharp pain as you sat up, but you didn’t let it stop you, “I’ll give you a chance, if you can convince Agent Hoon to let me leave and go to the safe house they want to send me to.”  

 

He stopped, looked at you in surprise, “That’s all I need to do?” 

 

“And you need to be the one who stays with me at the safe house, that way I can see if I can really trust you.” You were worried about living with him, but you also knew that that was the only way you would be able to see him with his guard down.

 

He chuckled, “Be ready to get out of here at 2:00pm tomorrow Min-Jeong.” He left the room.

 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

Agent Hoon was going to love this, was all you could think. Leaving the room and heading back to the rooftop where Agent Hoon was, I couldn’t wait to see what his reaction would be when he heard what Min-Jeong’s request was.

“Well, did you explain everything to her?” Agent Hoon asked the second I opened the door to the roof.

“You are gonna love what I have to tell you.” Ignoring his question and walking over to lean against the wall.

“And just what is that?” He said turning to face you.

“Min-Jeong came up with some conditions of her own that I will relay to you, I hope you’re ready.” a chuckle escaping.

“Hyosang, can you just get to the point. I have paperwork that I need to do for this case and anything else that gets me away from you.” 

“Well, since you’re so impatient. No, I did not explain everything to Min-Jeong, I thought now was not a good time considering her condition at the moment. So instead I explained to her that I need her to help me with finding those on your most wanted list.” You paused to see if he would say anything.

 

Silence.

 

“Then she went on to debate if she could trust me or not blah blah, and decided that if you can get her discharged by 2 tomorrow and to the safe house then she’ll go along with everything.” Pausing again, hoping that he would say something at this point.

“I guess that we can get her out of here tomorrow, especially since she agreed to staying in the safe house. Was there anything else?” He rubbed his forehead, as he was getting ready to head to the door.

“Yeah, just a minor detail. I guess I can just let you know about that tomorrow.” 

“Just tell me now so I can have everything prepared and I don’t have to worry about you messing anything up.” 

“Alrighty then, the last thing she said was that I would stay with her at the safe house.” Ending with a smug smile, waiting for Hoon’s reaction.

“No. I don’t believe that at all. You know I’m not gonna let that happen.” He was staring at you straight on.

“I wasn’t the one who said it, it was Min-Jeong. You’ll have to take it up with her and she might not go along with the plans if you change it all.”  You couldn’t help but feel smug knowing how jealous he was.

He let out a sigh, “Fine, but there will be surveillance cameras set up around the safe house and outside. I better not see you trying anything with her.” You could tell he was staring you down, but you already turned around on your heel to leave.

 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

I can’t believe that I’m going to be living with Hyosang. 

I can’t believe he agreed to it. I’m going to to living with an assassin.

 

It was getting dark outside, you wished time would hurry up so you could be out of the hospital. You needed to call your uncle and get everything set up with your classes so you wouldn’t be missing anything important.  

 

Thinking about if you would see Hyosang before arriving at the safe house, you felt yourself smile a little bit. 

 

Even though he’s a wanted assassin, he’s not bad looking…Since I’ll be living with him then I should get these thoughts out of my head now..

 

1:00pm The Next Day

 

There was a knock on the door before Agent Hoon walked in. He cleared his throat before speaking.

 

“Here are a change of clothes from your dorm.” He set a small duffel bag on the foot of your bed. “I also hope you realize that not everyone is on board with you choosing to have Hyosang at the safe house.” He stared you down.

You got up from the bed and grabbed the duffel bag.

 

“How else am I supposed to trust him with what he says and does? Especially if he wants me to help him track fugitives down?” You looked at Agent Hoon straight in the eyes. “I don’t really see another option unless you can think of one? Do you have one?” You put your hands on your hips waiting for a response.

 

“We were coming up with a plan, nothing was set though. There were too many holes in each one. I guess it’s better that you have Korea’s deadliest assassin living with you now.”  He rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“Don’t use sarcasm with me. Do you think I want to live with Korea’s deadliest assassin, that I just woke up and was like, ‘I know what I can add to make my life even more of a complete mess, I’ll live with an assassin!’ No! So how about you try not to judge me on the choice I made to try and get my life back quicker.” You stormed to the bathroom so you could shower and put on some actual clothes instead of having to live in a hospital gown.

 

“Your assassin will be here at 1:45 to meet us to take you to the safe house!” Agent Hoon raised his voice slightly to make sure you would be able to hear him. 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif


It's been so long since I've been on here >.< I've been working on updates between school work. I'm hoping to be updating regularly now that I'm back into everything.

I'd love to see who's still interested in the story adn what you want to see!