S C I S S O R S

S C I S S O R S | KNB ONESHOT

s c i s s o r s

bird_divider.gif

“I’ll offer you a deal.” He says. His voice is in a calculative drawl as yellow and red pupils peer into your own. He is sitting in front of a playing board, a wooden piece in his hand. “If you win, I will never bother you again. But if you lose, you will have to belong to me…”

“Forever.”

You are not one to back out from challenges; especially when it is issued in such a derogatory manner but this guy... He reeks of danger. Especially right now, you feel like a prey cornered by a predator. But he knows that he has caught your attention. After all, your fingers that were coiled around the handle have released. You turned back to face the red head.

“Care for a game of shogi, [name]?”

For the next thirty minutes, the two of you have sat across each other in silence, legs crossed together. Your eyes are narrowed in concentration as the two of you take turns to move pieces around the wooden board.

“Checkmate.”

The game ends in twenty two moves, with you on the losing end. You frowned, your eyebrows creasing together as he moves one of his pieces to capture your king. With a knowing smirk tugging on his lips, he turns his eyes from the wooden battlefield to look at you.

“You know what this means now right, [name]?”

***

“Can you please stop interfering with my life?”

You hissed through gritted teeth, glaring at the red headed with poorly disguised malice behind your [colored] eyes. It was only by willpower and maybe a little bit of fear that you were still standing here. Your fists are balled together, and you were just this close to killing him.

“Your life belongs to me now,” He drawled, as he pins you against the wall of an empty classroom. “Or have you forgotten about that match?”

That match… How could you ever forget about that darn match? To you, it was a simple game of shogi where he had crushed your pride. Sure, you got a little mad but you will get over it. It was simply a matter of time. But to Akashi Seijuro, it was more than that. It was an opening in your life he drilled into, all the while trying to get rid of anyone he deemed unnecessary in your life. Since the second he had trapped your king, your entire life had already belonged to him.

And he had to call the shots.

First, it was the names. He had gotten you to call him on a first name basis even when the two of you were not close at all. Then, he got you to run him simple errands like getting him a can of juice during lunch. You did it, but only because you were going to get one yourself. A week later, he had started demanding for your presence during every basketball training. First, it was the weekdays with the weekends following shortly after. To satisfy him, you left club meetings earlier and eventually quit your club. Not that anyone gave you hell for leaving. After all, it was an order from the Akashi Seijuro.

No one questioned him. Ever.

“Look, stop ing around and leave me alone.” You mustered up all your strength to shove him away before running out of the classroom, slamming the door shut behind you.

***

“[last name]-kun?”

You whipped around as your mind registered his voice.  His figure looms over you, and he has the same kind smile on his face. He is taller, his hair is longer and he is fitter but you can still recognize him. After all, you have his uniform’s second button hidden in a box somewhere. You can’t help the smile that tug on your lips next.

“Akimoto-kun,” You stood up and greeted him back.

How ironic.

Who would think that the two of you would meet in a gym, sporting different uniforms with glaring light shining down the both of you? But even then, there is a feeling you could only describe as desire. You want him to hold you the way he did before the two of you parted ways. Sure, the two of you broke up. But he had never stopped liking you, just like how you never stopped liking him.

“I miss you.” He starts, breaking the silence between the two of you. “Do you think its okay if I-“

“No. It’s not okay.” You turned, your eyes narrowed but you don’t say a thing. Akashi’s eyes are closed, his body leaning against the wall. Akashi walked towards the two of you who were standing in the middle of the court, his footsteps resounding approaching the two of you.

“Akashi Seijuro, captain of Rakuzan High.”

“Akimoto Takumi. Pleasure to meet you, Akashi-san.”

Akimoto was taller than Akashi. The next minute, Akimoto was down on the ground, with Akashi looking down at him with a look that could only be described as menacing. You were stunned into silence.

“You forfeited her when the two of you left middle school. “ He says as he pulls you over to his side. “She rightfully belongs to me now.”

“Don’t talk about her like she’s an object.” He counters, growling. “She’s not something you can just own.”

“This woman is mine. And no one will take her away from me.” Akashi smirked, as he pulls you into his embrace, with one hand tightened around your waist. “But I’ll offer you a deal. If your team wins, I’ll hand her over. But if mine wins, we all know who she belongs to.”

A whistle blows, announcing the end of the game. The game ended without the other team gaining even a point. Akimoto’s school was utterly crushed by Rakuzan. He stands in the middle of the court, eyes widened in shock. He was not the only one. You had wanted to talk to him but before you could make sense of what happened, Akashi had pulled you out of the gym.

From then on, Akimoto Takumi ceased to exist in your life.

***

7 days.

It has been seven days, including the weekends. You had taken a day off from school because you were just in no mood to go to school. On that day, you had laid in bed all day, thinking about Akimoto.  You returned to school the next, but spent those days avoiding him, even going as far to take a different route home or leaving once school is over.

“So you’re here.” A familiar voice drawls as he closes the door of the classroom behind him. You refuse to look up, staring down at your homework as if it is suddenly the most interesting thing in the world.

Silence.

“How long are you going to stay this way?”

You got up and pick up your things and place them in your school bag in silent defiance. He watches in amusement as you try to leave before he grabs your wrist and pins you against the wall. He looks down at you, making you feel like a cornered prey.

“Get off me.”

“I order you to forget about that boy.”

“What is your problem?” Your voice is low and menacing as you try to contain the rage in yourself. "He's my boyfriend. We finally met after years and then suddenly you wipe him out of my life, as if he never existed in the first place."

“He was your boyfriend. I have to prove a point.” He says. He doesn’t give you a chance to understand as his lips land on your own, his hands holding your head in place as he deepens the kiss. 

“You’re not allowed to look at anyone else. You’re not allowed to think about anyone else. If you do, I’ll take that person down. I’ll cut everyone out from your life, if I must. I'll prove that I'm the only person worthy of being the one that you love.” He says these in between rough kisses, placed on your collarbone and neck. When you try to shove yourself away from him, he only tightens his grip on you,  “I'll make sure that you stay by my side.”

“You belong to me.”


 

bird_divider.gif

 

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTES 
because I am shameless.
This is part of my oneshot collection in Quotev.
Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.