Seoul, South Korea

We found love around the world

Seoul; where it started


5 years ago

“Yah, Myungsoo! Kim Myungsoo!” I stomped my feet and crossed my arms, putting on an angry pouting face at Myungsoo, who snatched my bag and ran away thinking that I’ll catch him. Hah. In his dreams. I’m too precious to even run over a petty bag. He can have it, as if I care.

I continued to walk my direction home, which is opposite of his. Nope. Not gonna chase the pathetic brat. I’ll just tell my parents that someone stole it. Hah, then he’ll end up in jail.

Oh Jiyeon, you are so wis—

“AH!” I screamed in shocked. Cold water just hit my back and now my uniform is soaked! I turned around to see a laughing face of a pathetic brat. Tsk!

“HAHAHAHAH! Y-your f-face!” He almost rolled on the ground laughing. Pfft. Two can play it this game. I snatched the water gun from his hands and aimed it to fire at him.

Shoot! Bull’s eye! Straight in the face! HAHAHA! Now it’s my turn to laugh and run away!

I sprinted off fast. I looked back and saw him chasing after me, it made me run more faster until I felt my legs start to weaken and I think I’m losing ba—

“Ouch!” I exclaimed. I fell on my knees  even if I didn’t trip. I began to feel the stingy pain on my right knee. Hell. It’s bleeding. I felt arms wrap around me and help me get up— it was Myungsoo.

“Just sit down, Jiyeon.” He said ever so seriously, like he wasn’t laughing just now.

“Wait, no, I need to—“

“Stay there.” He sounded like a princess’s loyal butler and as for me, I am the princess of course.

He ran off to get his and my bag which he hid on top of a tree. He opened his and started rummaging it’s contents. He cleaned my wound so tenderly and covered it with band-aid.

“Where’d you get the band—“

“I’m clumsy. Umma always sneaks two or three band-aids in my bag.. just in case..you know.” He rubbed his nape awkwardly which made me laugh, but he still needs to pay for what he did. My precious princess skin is ruined because of him.

“Come. I’ll take you home.” He stretched out his hand and I took it gratefully. He better explain it to umma or else I’m in big trouble.

 

“Oh, Myungsoo? Kim Myungsoo?” My mom asked in disbelief. I quirked a brow in confusion.

“Ne,” He nodded “Kim Myungsoo imnida. Nice to meet you, Mrs. Park.”

“Aren’t you the son of the famous Mr. Kim, owner of the photography business?”

“Ne,” He smiled. Pftt. Must be fake.

“Oh.” My mom looked at me then back at him, “What brings your presence here then?”

He looked at me and bowed, somewhat like 90 degrees, in front of my mother. What the.  “I’m sorry Mrs. Park. I hurted your daughter. I came here to give a formal apology—“

“Hurted as in physical, or you broke her hear—“

“Umma!” I yelled. I know where she’s going with this. I guess it was the wrong decision to bring Myungsoo along.  Meanwhile, Myungsoo was laughing.

“Well, you see,” he directed his eyes on my injured knee, “that was my fault. I was chasing her and then she tripped and fell.” Actually, I didn’t trip. I lost my balance—I wanted to say.

“Oh” My mom smiled at him, “no worries there. It was an accident.”

“Thank you Mrs. Park, I’ll go now.” He waved goodbye to umma, “Bye Jiyeon, see you tomorrow!” and he ran off. My eyes followed him before he disappeared on the streets.

“Yah,” my mom nudged me “Is he a suitor.”

“No, mom,” I rolled my eyes and looked at her, “No.”

“Why not. He’s a gentleman, not to mention rich and handsome.” Pfft. If she only knew. I shooked my head and went upstairs to my room but on the 5th step upwards, I fell on my knees again. The stairs wasn’t even that slippery.

“Oh dear,” Umma helped me get up “Are you okay?”

“Y-yeah. I’m fine.” I lied. I actually felt kinda dizzy.

“Oh.. why is your back wet?” She tried to remove my coat.

“Uh, it was Myungsoo. He aimed a water gun at me.”

“Makes sense.”  She patted my back “Be careful you clumsy creature, get changed. We’ll have dinner.”

“Okay.” I went upstairs, careful of my movements. I dressed myself and fell on the bed. I feel so tired. I decided to sleep first before going downstairs for dinner.

 

The next day, Science class. Boring. Topic is about the periodic table. Honestly, I know that already. The lessons just repeats itself every year, and so, I decided to play with my phone. Candy crush. I’m on level 105, I just need one more— brizz brizz. There goes my phone vibrating.

 From; Kim Myungsoo
11:32 a.m. – Today
Playing with your phone is not allowed here, Miss.

I glanced at him who was at the opposite end of the room. He smirked at me and I stuck out my tongue at him.

To; Kim Myungsoo
11:33 a.m. – Today
Look who’s talking. :P

From; Kim Myungsoo
11:34 a.m. – Today
Hey, meet me at the field later on lunch, mean princess. :P

What is your plan –I mentally questioned. Oh well, school today seems boring anyway. I might as well go because I know, Myungsoo is a spontaneous person, You’ll never know what he has up his sleeves.

 

Lunch time came. I directly went to the fields to see Myungsoo with his camera again. He might have noticed my presence and glanced my way.

“Hey,”

“Yeah, hey.” I looked at him as he took pictures of the scene. Photography runs in his family. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see breath-taking pictures in his camera— even if it’s just an ordinary digital camera.

“Hey, wanna cut classes.”

A look of disbelief was plastered on my face, “Excuse me, what?”

He blinked at me innocently, ”Cut classes. School is boring.”

I ‘tsk’ed. “No wonder you have low grades.”

“Not really,” He grinned, “So, are you coming or not?”

I was thinking what to answer—I know I shouldn’t do it. It’ll ruin my reputation.

“Oh c’mon, Jiyeon.” He stated “You should have some fun while you’re young. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying your youth.” And with that he stood up and walked away.

“Except for the fact that you’ll break the rules,”

He turned back and looked at me with a grin, “It’s part of life.”

‘ deep words ’—I thought. And when I looked back at him, he was already very far. So he was serious about the cutting classes thing? Oh geez. I’m still hesitant as I looked at his nearly disappearing figure, should I go or not..?

“Myungsoo! Wait!” He stopped on his tracks and looked at me again, I ran to him and held his wrist. “I’ll go.”

He smiled and held my hand instead and interlaced our fingers while running to the backside of the school. I blushed madly from the act, ‘From water guns to breaking the rules. Kim Myungsoo, what are you doing to me?.’

Right now, I didn’t think of the consequences anymore. He made me feel the fun I’ve never felt before, and I blame myself for that. I’m too miss goody two shoes, as they like to call it.

We went to the park and mall wearing shades and jackets because some people might recognize us as the children of one of the country’s most prestigious business partners ( a fashion designing company and photography business )

But hell, I couldn’t care less. As long as we’re together, I swear everything seems fine.

 

Present

My eyes forced open. I groggily sat upright on my chair, ‘how long has it been?’ I looked over to the wall clock at the other side of the room; 10;54 p.m. It’s late.

I cleaned up all the files and paper scattered on my table. I wasn’t able to finish them again tonight. I sighed and left the office. ‘How is he doing in Korea?’ –I thought. It’s long since I last saw him when I left Korea a couple of months ago to take care of our business here in Tokyo.

His smile, his face, his sweet comments, his alluring smell—him. I miss it all. And even in dreams, he still haunts me.

I was already on the train station. There’s not much people in the streets anymore since it’s dark now., so, I decided to call him, hoping he’s still awake. I dialed his number, excitement filling me. It rang before I got a response.

‘Jiyeon?’

“Hey, Myungsoo.”

‘Hey! How’s it going? Why aren’t you asleep yet, hm?’

I chuckled, “I just got from the office, I’m in the train station now.” I felt dizzy again. Somehow, because of too much stress, I frequently get dizzy. I’ll just drink medicine later.

‘Aigoo. My princess. Take care, okay? I don’t want anything bad happening to you.’ I think he smiled.

“Heh. Arraseo, my prince.” I joked. “Oh, the train’s coming. I’ll call you later.”

‘Sure, Take care, princess.’ And with that I hang up.

I entered the train, and cold air instantly hit me. I felt my vision get blurry. I put my palm over my eyes, trying to support myself. That moment, my knees weakened and I fell on the floor. ‘ I can’t see anything—black. Pure black. Myungsoo…Myungsoo..’ my mind desperately calls. But I felt nothing as I fell into unconsciousness.

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE 
BLOODYPRINCESS: Enjoy this short chapter. Tbh, I'm not contented with it. Maybe I'll do better next time.