Thinking

It Happens

 

     He didn’t like the situation, not at all. But what could he do? Have you even thought about it?”he replayed their conversation in his head, “I have. At least a dozen times now.” Her voice was soft, sad. Like she’d given up trying to win her life back. I know what you’re thinking.” Her eyes fixed on the ground,But, I’ve thought about it a lot. And either way I look at it, the only choice I have left is to go through with it.”  He hadn’t believed the words coming out of . “Wasn’t it you who said that a marriage without love is nothing?” he reminded her,“then I’ll make him love me.” She said simply.

        How could she be like that. He was certain it would be easy for her to steal Seung Hyuns heart. She was that kind of girl, that kind that was effortlessly beautiful. Wherever she went, things seemed to float about her. She moved with perfect grace. Every movement, even the smallest one, seemed deliberate, planned. As if she had rehearsed it a million times.

     Everything was light around her, from her finger tips to each strand of long chocolate hair seemed to move with purpose. That’s the kind of person that she was. Purposeful, never did things just because she wanted to, but always because for whatever reason, they had to be done.

She was a miracle.

This was one of those things, he supposed, that just had to be done.


            There are moments in your life when you’re faced with tough decisions. Those decisions effect not just you, but more than likely, everyone around you. Everything relies on everything, That’s just one of those things that can’t be helped. That’s why I have to go through with this marriage. If not, then...well let’s just say that this is one thing I can’t get out of. And they know, my parents, they know it’s unfair, they know I don’t like it. And they know about Dong Woon. They pity me, and at first I thought they should feel more. They should be guilty.

         But, as I thought about it, as I sat in my room and chewed it over for the past two weeks, a realization sank in. A real woman wouldn’t behave this way, after all. I wasn’t dad’s last hope, there was also my brother. He would be the one to inherit the company after all. So why all this drama then? Why all this unnecessary worrying? And, after all, Soo Jin was right. Seung Hyun was good looking, he was rich, he was probably nice.

   But Dong Woon, god damn you, and your entire existence. You’re his best friend, if anyone was anymore confused than I was, it would be you right? But you would be more than confused, you’d be hurt. Don’t worry. I know it. But what to do? Anyway I look at it, any way I turn it in my head, the puzzle seems completely unsolvable.

Or maybe, I’m just not looking at it the right way.