That night

Pass through the time, I found love.

 

It’s late at midnight when you waked up to go to toilet. When you opened the bathroom door there was a light shining from the wall on button of your bathroom. In curiosity, you took a step forward the light and suddenly you were soaked by the light and found yourself centered in the forest-like place. It was dark but thanked to moonlight you could see there were fogs floating around. You turned back planning to run back to your bathroom but you didn’t see it anymore. All you could see that you were surrounding by the forest. You walked around to find the exit of this dream-like place. You heard some sound that kind of made by night-animals. You goosed bump and got scared. You took a few steps backward and suddenly you found your back bump again something. You turned around and saw a good looking guy dress in white color prince suit, putting his hand behind his back, tilted his head looking at you with curious eyes. You stepped back a bit and couldn’t take your eyes over him. “He’s so handsome”, you murmured by yourself loud enough that he could hear you. He chuckled and put the back of his hand to cover his mouth.

“So let me introduce myself. My name is Bang Yongguk.” he bowed putting his hand against his tummy, some kind of formal style greeting you saw in the fairy tales. When he looked up again he gave you a sweet and shining gummy smile.

“Oh, my name is ---- . I accidentally walked into this place and got lost.” you said while looking around

He smiled, “I live here. So if you don’t mind I’d like to invite you to my house. You can stay there for a night and find your way back the next morning.”

You hesitated but the sound of night animals make you nod rapidly. He laughed at your cuteness and guided you way to his house. You walked beside him and clung to his sleeve without notice and nervously looking around all the way. He smiled and looked at you but you didn’t know.

 Arrived at the gate, you saw a big mansion appear in front of you. No, it could be a palace. The palace’s lights brighten up the night and you feel better. You followed him in. Inside the palace, there was luxury furniture on the polish marble floors, lots of maids dress in uniform. They greet you so you nod your head back. There were a lot of people down in the hall dressing in fancy night party gowns and suits.

 

‘It looked like you having a party?” you said when looked up at him.

“Yes. Do you want to join us?” he softly smiled at u

“Hmm…” you looked at your pajamas and give him a bitter smile.

 

He orders the servants to take you to room and dress you up. “Follow them! They will find you a dress.”

You followed the maids to a luxury room. They undressed you and made you take a bath with rose petals fill in the sink. It smelled so good and you relax a bit. When done you came out and they made you dress in white fluffy gown, put a make up on you and curl your hair.

“Everything is done.” they bowed and get out of the room.

You got up from the chair and you had no clue about what to do next. It was like a dream to you. So you decided to go with it because you’d wake up the next morning right? You opened the door and see Yongguk standing outside waiting for you. He smile appreciatively and keep staring without saying a word. You blushed a bit from his gaze and lower your head.

“Let’s go” he gesture his arm so you could cling on it. You walked into the ballroom and everyone were staring at you with multi expressions, shocked, curiosity, jealousy and amazing fill in their eyes. Yongguk dance only with you the whole night you find he is interested in you and so did you. During the break you took some sip of the spackling water but it taste like juice. Then a man in his filthy something came bowed and talked to you.

“Welcomed to the Crystal palace. You must be sending here by god. I never saw our prince interested in any girls. He used to be a happy child back when his mother was still alive but he became a silent person after that. But he smiles tonight when he’s with you. Hope you could heal his broken heart. Stay with him forever and enjoy your life in the palace” he bowed and walked away leaving you dumbfounded with excitement and worry. Then yongguk came to you. He managed to say something to you but suddenly you hear a sound that resemble of your phone ring tone echoed. Your instinct telling you it’s time to go back. You run outside the palace with one hand grabbed yongguk and another grabbed your gown. You saw a door with a light on, that was the way back to your bathroom. Finally you are able to go back but something disturbed you in your mind. You looked up at yongguk and your heart start to ache.

“It’s time for me to go. That door will send me back to my place. So I have to say…”

“Don’t. Don’t go” he looked at you with pleading eyes

“But…”

“please don’t go. Don’t leave me alone’ he lean down kiss you on the lip and a drop of tear roll down his eye. Then you realized what housekeeper had told you. You start to think it was hard to decide since you don’t know if the gate between these two worlds will open again some day or not. If not, you’ll leave yongguk living unhappily alone again. Then you remember your mom’s word “you only live once. Do the thing that you want and make you happy. Whether it wrong or right in the other people’s eye. I will always support you.’

You turn to yongguk who is waiting for your decision with fear and sadness on his face. You can see his eye feel with loneliness he suffered for a long time. He grabbed your hands tightly. Then you look straight into his eyes “I decide… to live here with you. I don’t know if my decision is right or wrong but let live happily together ever after”

‘Yes let live happily together ever after. Thanks so much for coming to my life. I love you’ he cupped your face and kiss you, it was soft and gentle. When he let go, he slung his arm around your shoulder. Both of you looking at the bathroom door to vanished from your sight.

At your house. You have been disappeared from that night on. Everyone thought you must have been hiding somewhere again in the forest like you ever done when you didn’t have inspiration before. Your previous job was a children fairy tale author and now a queen of the crystal palace.