Final

Indirect Confession [One-shot]

 

Kris was busy marking answer sheets when suddenly his fellow colleague, Jessica went into the teachers’ room and slammed down her books onto her desk in anger.

“That Park Chanyeol kid is no joke, seriously! I can’t stand him!” she exclaimed.

Seohyun, Victoria and Ryeowook who were also in the teachers’ room at that time quickly went to Jessica place. Kris on the other hand, stayed at his place and continued to mark as if nothing happened.

“Why? What happened? What did he do this time?” asked the concerned Ryeowook to Jessica as he fanned her using a book to cool her down.

 “He kept playing games on his phone during my lesson so I took his phone from him. But then he took Shindong phone and made the situation worse. You know Shindong, right? That kid has been bullied and made fun in his entire life because of his body size. That poor kid… Of course I can’t stay still and let this continue. So I asked Chanyeol to return Shindong’s phone but he said he would do it only if I return his phone too. Urghh can you imagine that? That kid is unbelievable, seriously,” explained Jessica lengthily.

Seohyun, Victoria and Ryeowook sighed in unison. They were sympathy with Jessica.

“It’s okay, Jessica. We know you already did your best as a teacher to solve the situation. We all also have the same experience with Park Chanyeol. That boy is really hard too control. Seohyun, you are his homeroom teacher. Why don’t you go and talk to him?” suggested Victoria.

“I already did. Many times. But he still the way he is. I really have no idea how to talk to him anymore,” answered Seohyun in sad tone.

“Chanyeol used to be a good kid when he first entered this school. Back then, he was very nice towards his friends and he get along well with everyone. He was very polite and kind. He was also very respectful towards his teachers. I wonder what made him changed…” added Seohyun then.

“Really? Park Chanyeol used to be a nice kid?” asked Jessica in disbelief.

“Well, you just transferred here two months ago. Of course you don’t know many things yet,” said Ryeowook.

Suddenly Victoria remembered something.

“Hey, talking about transfer, didn’t Park Chanyeol started to show changes in his attitude not long after Kris was being transferred to this school? I remember I helped Kris conducting his first detention class, which turned out to be Park Chanyeol’s first detention class as well,”

Hearing what Victoria said, all of them looked at Kris. But before they could say anything, a student entered the room in rush and called for Seohyun.

“M-miss Seo! Quickly! P..Par–” the student couldn’t finish his word as he was panting too heavily. He must’ve running very hard.

“Why, Suho? What is it?” asked Seohyun in worry as she approached the student.

The student named Suho breathed in and breathed out a few times before finally telling Seohyun, “Park Chanyeol is fighting with Bang Yongguk. Now the situation is really uncontrollable out there. We are unable to stop them,”

“Ah, not again!” said Seohyun before leaving the room in rush together with Suho.

 

*****

 

Chanyeol sat alone in the counselling room as he waited for the teacher to come. He couldn’t stop smiling. He knew who was the teacher-in-charge that week. He couldn’t wait to see that teacher. It worth all the troubles he created.

“Smiling happily after creating troubles? You are indeed a psycho,” said Kris as he took his seat.

Instead of feeling offended with Kris’ word, Chanyeol’s smile got even brighter.

“I miss you,” he said to Kris.

Kris didn’t reply anything. He took out a pen and a piece of blank paper from his file and placed them in front of Chanyeol.

“Write what you did wrong. Front and back,” said Kris coldly.

“After I finish, can we go out grab some drinks together?”

Kris didn’t reply again. He took out his answer sheets which he didn’t get to finish earlier. He started marking the papers and Chanyeol’s question was left completely ignored.

“I take your silence as a yes,” said Chanyeol before starting to write on the paper given to him diligently.

His diligence in writing his wrongdoings on the paper made Kris somehow suspicious. It was not his first time facing troublemakers like Chanyeol at school. Most of them would not cooperate when they were asked to write their wrongdoings. They would either find excuses or only stare at the paper until the teacher gets fed up at them.

“Finish!” exclaimed Chanyeol happily a few minutes later. He stood up. “Let’s go drink together!”

Kris stared at him in disbelief. He took the paper which Chanyeol wrote on and read it.

I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu.

Yes, he wrote “I love you, Kris Wu” on the paper.

From the beginning until the end.

Front and back.

“Take back your seat, Park Chanyeol. You’re not finish and certainly are not going anywhere,” said Kris in serious tone.

Chanyeol sat down again and Kris placed another piece of blank paper in front of him.

“Write what you did wrong. Front and back,” he gave the same order. Only this time his tone was different. It’s higher.

“What if I don’t?”

“Then you’re going to stay here all day long until you finish,”

Chanyeol smirked.

“It’s not a bad idea. Stay here all day long with you,”

This time it was Kris’ turn to smirk. He didn’t say anything though. Instead, he shifted his attention back to his answer sheets and continued with his marking.

His action made Chanyeol curious.

“Why did you smirk? Could it be that… you like to stay here with me too??” asked Chanyeol in disbelief.

There’s no way Kris would like to stay with him. He has been pursuing that English teacher for a long time but that handsome teacher never showed even the slightest interest on him.

“Just finish your writing, Park Chanyeol. Listen to your teacher. There’s wisdom behind every advice a teacher gives,” said Kris, eyes still on the answer sheet he was marking.

“Y-you… you didn’t deny it! You didn’t deny that you like to stay here with me!” exclaimed Chanyeol happily.

Kris didn’t give any response. With serious face he continued to mark those answer sheets and acted as if he didn’t hear anything Chanyeol said.

“Yeah, zip up your mouth all you want. That doesn’t change the fact that you had just confessed your feelings indirectly to me. And have I mentioned to you before that you look hundred times much hotter when you’re being silent? Your silence is your charm. Your silent is what makes me fall in love with you. So thank you very much for not uttering a single word right now and make me love you even more!”

Kris reaction remained unchanged. He gave zero response to what Chanyeol said. His attention was still on the answer sheets. Seriously, if those answer sheets have emotion, they must be very proud. They got the handsome teacher’s attention without even trying.

Right at that moment, someone entered the counselling room. Chanyeol turned around to see who it was. His eyes widened when he realized it was Mr. Kim Soo Ro, the scariest teacher in the school.

“I had settled everything with that Bang Yongguk kid. Now I can take over the matter here as it should be. Thanks for helping me out, Kris,” said the middle-aged teacher to Kris.

Kris smiled at him.

“No problem. I just do what I should do. After all, I’m the teacher-in-charge this week. If there’s nothing else, I would like to excuse myself. I have some marking to do,”

“Oh, yes. Please. Go ahead. Sorry if I interrupt your work,” answered Kim Soo Ro.

Chanyeol could only watch them with his mouth and eyes fell wide open. So, he’s going to stay there all day long with the scary Mr. Kim Soo Ro? Not the handsome Mr. Kris Wu?

“This is the reason why you smirked, huh?” whispered Chanyeol to Kris who was busy packing up all his stuff.

“Didn’t I tell you earlier to finish your writing as soon as you can? Don’t blame me. I already gave my advice. I already tried not to make you stay with him. Next time listen well to your teacher, Park Chanyeol,”

Chanyeol bit his lip in frustration. His attempt to make Kris like him failed again.

“Seriously… what should I do to make you finally look at me and have interest on me?” asked Chanyeol, more like whining to his own self.

“Don’t waste your time. Study and be a good student,” said Kris.

“So if I don’t waste my time, if I study and become a good student, you will start to look at me and have interest on me? We can finally go out together?”

Kris didn’t answer him. As usual.

 

*****

 

Kris pushed the door to enter the teachers’ room. Seohyun and Victoria who were busy chatting when he entered only lifted their eyebrows as a sign of greeting to Kris. Kris smiled at them as response. While walking towards his desk, he heard what the two beautiful teachers were talking about.

“I heard there’s a new student in your class?” asked Victoria to Seohyun.

Seohyun nodded and smiled.

“Yes, her name is Sulli. She’s so pretty and sweet. You should see how the boys reacted when she introduced herself just now. All of them seem to have fallen in love with her. Haha,”

Kris stopped listening to them as he sat down at his place and started to do his work. He took out the remaining unmarked answer sheets from his file and continued to grad those papers. Using a red pen, he ticked here, ticked there. Cross this, cross that. Sometimes circle, sometimes underline. The routine continued from one sheet to another until Kris realized there were only three sheets left to be marked.

Without further delay, he took the next sheet to finish his marking as fast as possible but suddenly a piece of paper dropped out from the sheet. Kris picked up the paper and realized it was the writing of Chanyeol’s “wrongdoings” from earlier. It must have mixed together with his answer sheets when he was packing his stuff at the counselling room just now.

I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu. I love you, Kris Wu.

Kris took his red pen and wrote something on the upper part of the paper.

He wrote 100% and A+ before keeping the paper inside his drawer.

 

*****

 

 A week has passed and the duty of weekly teacher-in-charge was passed to Jessica. She was pretty nervous about it. She kept complaining, ‘what if Park Chanyeol creates trouble again? What should I do then? How should I handle the situation?’

However, for everyone’s surpsrise, that week has become very peaceful. Park Chanyeol didn’t create any trouble. In fact, Park Chanyeol suddenly behaved nicely at school. He didn’t bully his friend. He didn’t fight with anyone. He listened well to his teachers. He did his homework. He submitted them on time.

Park Chanyeol has turned into a new leaf.

“I think he finally comes to realization on the importance of education,” said Seohyun, when the teachers were discussing on the reason behind Park Chanyeol’s sudden change.

“In just one week? Nah, I don’t think so,” replied Ryeowook.

“Family encouragement, maybe?” guessed Jessica this time.

“Unlikely. I heard his family is rich and his parents are always busy. They don’t really care about how Chanyeol behave at school. They also don’t care much about his education because later they can send him to any college they want with their money. Rich people are always like this,” said Victoria then.

Ryeowook nodded, agree with Victoria. He then turned to Kris.

“Hey, Kris. What do you think? Why Park Chanyeol becomes a good student suddenly?”

Kris who was busy typing something on his laptop only shrugged.

“Come on. Nothing comes to your mind?” asked Ryeowook, not giving up.

 “I don’t know. Love?” answered Kris half-heartedly.

Kris answer made everyone’s face changed.

“Yes, love!! How can we not think of that!” exclaimed Victoria.

“I know right! There are rumours circulating at school about that too! I heard students in my class gossiping about it,” added Seohyun.

“Yeah, I also heard the rumour! The girls in my theater club keep talking about it. Wah, truly the power of love eh?” said Jessica this time.

Ryeowook was confused.

“Wait. What rumour? What love? Who? Park Chanyeol?” he asked impatiently.

Kris was thankful to Ryeowook for asking the question. He was as curious too. He has never heard any of those rumours before. But even though he was curious as hell, he kept typing on his laptop with his poker face.

“Oh, didn’t you know, Park Chanyeol is in love with the new student, Choi Sulli!” answered Jessica excitedly.

Kris was very shocked. His mind was no longer on the laptop. He didn’t even know what he was typing. When he looked at the screen, he was surprised to see the screen was filled with Chanyeol’s name.

Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol Park Chanyeol

 “Are you guys sure about this?” asked Ryeowook, wanting some confirmation.

“Well, I’m not completely sure but there was a time in class I saw Sulli talked to Chanyeol and he was all blushing,” answered Seohyun.

“And I saw them eating together during recess time too,” added Jessica.

“Heol.. Daebak!” replied Ryeowook in awe.

Kris felt like his heart was about to explode in jealousy and anger. Right at that moment, Kim Soo Ro entered the room.

“What are you doing gathering in circle like that? Are you gossiping again? Yah, is this something a teacher should do?? Is teachers’ room a place for gossiping??? Where is your ethic as a teacher?!” scolded the senior teacher.

Kris smiled in relief. Thank God Kim Soo Ro came and saved the day. He really couldn’t bring himself to listen anymore rumour about Chanyeol and Sulli.

“W-we are sorry…” answered Jessica, Ryeowook, Seohyun and Victoria in unison.

Kim Soo Ro nodded.

“Good. I forgive all of you. But…”

Ryeowook asked nervously, “B-but…what?”

“But hey, did you heard about that Park Chanyeol kid and the new student, Sulli? I heard there’s something going on between them. I purposely put them in the same group for my PE class just now. And you know what, I feel like walking back into memory with my wife. Back then my wife was also my classmate and I used to protect her from getting hit by the ball during PE lesson. Oh, the sweet old days… I wish Park Chanyeol and Sulli have a happy future, just like me and my wife. Haha,”

Kris palmed his face. He couldn’t take it anymore. He took his stuff and left the room.

 

*****

 

“Okay, that’s all for today. We’ll continue our lesson about Romeo and Juliette on the next class. Any question?” asked Kris, before wrapping up his lesson.

The students shook their head. As usual.

“Okay, if there’s no question, you all can go now…. Except Park Chanyeol. Please meet me for a while,” he said before cleaning the blackboard.

The students turned to Chanyeol and poked jokes at him.

“Ah, what did you do this time? You said you don’t want to be a troublemaker anymore? Ni nuneul bomyeon nan Troublemakerrr...(Troublemaker song)”

“All the best, Park Chanyeol. Kekekeke!”

“Just be grateful that it’s not Kim Soo Ro,”

Chanyeol could only stick out his tongue at them and said, “Shut up.”

After all the students had left, Chanyeol went in front of the class at the theacer’s desk to see Kris. Kris who had finished cleaning the blackboard sat down on his chair and stared at Chanyeol. He didn’t say anything. He only stared.

“Why do you want to see me? Did I do anything wrong?” asked Chanyeol.

“Choi Sulli,” answered Kris.

Lines of wrinkles formed on Chanyeol forehead. “Huh? Sulli?”

“Yes, give me explanation about her,”

Chanyeol scratched his head. “I don’t understand,”

“Just say something about her that you think I might need to hear from you,”

Chanyeol still didn’t get what Kris meant.

“Ermm… She’s pretty,” Chanyeol just say whatever.

“No. Not something like that. Something else,”

What Kris wanted was actually a clarification. Chanyeol said that he likes him so why was he dating someone else? He felt cheated.

“She comes from Busan. She has one younger brother,” answered Chanyeol, being clueless again.

Kris bit his lip. He has no choice but to be straight-forward.

“Do you like her? Are you two dating? Is she the reason why you change suddenly and become a good student?” asked Kris eventually.

“No. I don’t like her. You know who I like. You know who I want to date,” replied Chanyeol directly, with his gaze fixed on Kris.

“Then why did y– ”

Before Kris could finish his word, Chanyeol suddenly cut him off. “Are you being jealous right now??”

Kris face turned reddish.

“No. There’s nothing like that,” Kris tried his best to deny.

“Aww, you are jealous! That’s why you want explanation about Sulli from me! You’re afraid that I don’t like you anymore,”

Kris stood up.

“Looks like I only waste my time here. I should go,”

Chanyeol quickly stopped him.

“Okay, okay. I’ll explain. There’s nothing going on between me and Sulli. It’s just that she knows about my feelings for you. She saw me writing your name in textbook. I thought she would tell other people about it but she keeps it as secret. I’m thankful to her that’s why I treat her nicely and we eventually become close friends. Don’t worry, nothing will happen. She has crush on Choi Minho,”

“Why you suddenly become a good student, then?” asked Kris after a long pause.

“Because you asked me to, remember? At the counselling room,”

Kris didn’t say anything.

Chanyeol looked at his watch. His eyes widened when he realized he’s already late for soccer practice.

“I have to go now. I have soccer practice. See you later. Thanks for being jealous~~ It means a LOT to me,” he said with a big smile on his face.

But before he could go, Kris grabbed his hand.

Chanyeol was surprised. He didn't expect that. He never expect something like that from that cold English teacher.

“What time your soccer practice ends?” he asked.

“Uh..err..” Chanyeol has still not recovered from his shock. He mind went blank and he couldn't find a word to say. He was totally speechless.

Kris then took out his pen and wrote something on Chanyeol’s palm.

“This is my phone number. Don’t lose it. Call me after you finish. You must be thirsty after some physical activities, right? Let’s go out together for some drinks,” he said before letting go of Chanyeol’s palm.

Chanyeol looked at his palm in disbelief. Kris phone number was really there. Is this really happening? After years of endless pursuing, Kris finally asked him out!

Kris packed up his stuff and get ready to leave the classroom. Chanyeol still couldn’t believe in the reality he was facing so he turned to Kris and asked, “I-is… is this.. Is this–”

“Yes, this is my real phone number. And yes… this is my indirect confession,” answered Kris before giving a light peck on Chanyeol’s cheek and left the boy frozen in the classroom.

 

 


A/N:

Thank God I managed to finish this before November ends lol~~

Sorry for any grammatical error. I didn't check this properly.

Don't forget to leave some comments~ ^^

 

**Read my other Krisyeol fic too~! (click on picture)