Final

Where Is The Love
where is the love
 

It's been almost a month since I confessed to Leo; almost a month since he accepted me. And to be frank, this relationship doesn't seem to be progressing at all; most couples would have already making out or even having at this point of relationship, but for us, we haven't even held hands. This somewhat makes me wonder about our relationship — or rather, my relationship — it seems as if he doesn't want to be in this relationship, it’s always me trying to initiate it.

From my point of view, Leo’s either awkward with girls, not the affectionate type or it’s just that he simply has no feelings for me – and currently, it’s leaning over to the last one, and it worries me quite a bit. Dating him was already quite an accomplishment, considering that he doesn’t accept any girl’s confession.

“So, have you guys kissed yet?” Being deep in my own thoughts, I didn’t notice Eunjung until she nudged me lightly. “Yah, are you listening? I asked if you guys have kissed yet.”

Looking around, my friends seemed pretty excited for the answer – and I’m pretty sure they’re going to make fun of me once I say it out. “We haven’t had it. “

This time it was Hyejin’s turn to question me. “Why not.”

“He didn't initiate it, and I don’t want to shamelessly ask for it either.” I told them honestly.

“Then you initiate it.” Jooyeon butted in, only for Eunjung to retort back. “It’s not like you don’t know how awkward Jihyun is.”

“You guys seem to be pretty worried about this, am I suppose to worry, too?” I looked over at them, they seemed more worried than I do; is that bad?

“Yeah, you should be. Most couples would be screwing each other at this point, or even earlier, yet you guys are still stuck here. You guys aren't even at first base yet.” Jooyeon reprimanded.

“Well, what am I supposed to do? I don’t want to seem so desperate, and what if he doesn't want it?” I sounded pretty hopeless.

“Seduce him then.” Jooyeon stated rather calmly. Jooyeon had always been the wild one amongst them four; she’s had numerous boyfriends, one-night- stands and so on.

“What? You’re crazy.” Hyejin scolded.

“But wouldn't it seem way too desperate?” I asked Jooyeon, totally ignoring Hyejin.

“Well, aren’t you?” Jooyeon mocked.

“Eyyy, stop corrupting Jihyun.” As Jooyeon was going to fight back, my phone suddenly vibrated.

“Yah, yah, yah. It’s Leo.” I slapped Eunjung’s forearm lightly. “What does it say?” Eunjung asked.

“He wants to meet me tomorrow; we're meeting at the cafe opposite school." Somehow she felt really nervous, and this wasn't even their first date.

"Isn't tomorrow your one month anniversary? Maybe he’s planning something?” Hyejin stated; out of all your friends, she’s the most mother like, she always seems to have this motherly aura around her.

“Or you can just lure him to your house, and seduce him.” With that, Eunjung flicked Jooyeon’s forehead.

“I don’t know.” I continued conversing with Hyejin, ignoring the other two who were bickering.

---
We were supposed to meet at 7PM at the café, but because I was a little too excited for the date and prepared earlier. I sat at the café waiting for him for at least half an hour; he was late by 15 minutes. Where the hell was he?

“Sorry, I got held up.” He looked a little out of breath. “Let’s go.”

“Go where?” He didn’t answer me; grabbing my wrist, he pulled me out of the café. “Yah, you haven’t answered my question.”

“Get on the bike.” He nodded his head towards his motorbike.

“But you never let me on your bike.” Honestly, compared to me, that dumb bike is more of his girlfriend than I am – he was always so worried that I’d scratch the bike or somehow ruin it.

“Just get on.” He handed the helmet over to me. “Where exactly going; don’t tell me and I’m not getting on that.”

“It’s a surprise.” Surprise? As harsh as it sounded he was never this sweet. I then climb onto the back of his bike.
--
Han River – the place we had our first date. He still remembers? I would’ve thought that he had already forgotten it. “Why are we here?”

“To celebrate our first month.” He stated, not even sparing a glance at me.

“You still remember?” Though he didn’t seem as happy as I was, I was happy that he even did this for me.

“I heard what you said yesterday.” He started off. “Confused, I looked over at him. “At the café, I was just passing by.”

“Oh.” Was all I said, how am I supposed to respond to that? He’s most probably going to break it off with me – I sounded so damn desperate yesterday. “I would understand if you would want to break up with me.” I stated softly, still looking ahead at the river.

He chuckled. He laughed for the first time; I’ve never seen him smile, so I’ve definitely never seen him laugh. Though I had to admit, his laugh is quite attractive – seeing the corners of his lips go up, he looked way more attractive.

“You laughed; what’s your motive, you sick and twisted bastard?” This time, you looked at him.

He chuckled, once again. “I’m not breaking up with you, and I’m not sick or twisted.”

“If you wanted a simple kiss, you could’ve just asked. The words yesterday, it made me sound like a jerk.” He was now standing in front of me, his hands in his pocket, his head leaning down to my height, as I backed up, and was sitting on the seat of his motorbike.

“Well, you didn’t seem to want to be in a relationship with me.” I retorted.

“I just didn’t want to take things too quickly; I didn’t want to hurt you. I was afraid that if I went too fast, you’ll get scared and run away.” He looked pretty vulnerable right now; it was definitely a cute scene. “But now, I know you won’t.” That being said he leaned forward and captured my lips with his own. We stayed in this position for a good 5 minutes, before I pulled away to catch my own breath.

“I have something for you.” He fished a velvet colored box out of his pocket, opening the box, he pulled out the necklace, He hanged it in front of my face – the necklace was sliver, and the shaped looked quite weird to me. I quickly took the necklace in my hands as I stared at it in awe.

“You like it?” Leo asked.

“Yeah, but is the shaped supposed to be so…” She paused.”Odd?”

“I have one too.” He pulled his necklace out, he then took the necklace of my hands and placed it next to the one he was wearing. The two somehow fitted with each other. He then went behind of me and placed the necklace around my neck.

Standing behind me, he wrapped his arms around my shoulders giving me a warm back hug. “Happy first month, Hyun.” He whispered softly yet loud enough for me to hear.

“I love you.” With that, he kissed the back of my head.

--rach at insomnia.

 

author's note.

Thanks for the read and suscribe.

updated- 11/29/2013 - 4:11 AM - GMT +8