Pride

Ignored

“Pride,” Hakyeon was in the corner of the dance room whipping his tears away.

It was 2 in the morning, everyone was suppose to be in the dorm but Hakyeon wasn’t. Leo was watching the TV with Ken while Hyuk and Hongbin were playing games on their iPad.

“Have you guys seen N hyung?” Ravi asked while walking around the dorm. The members looked away from the TV and iPad.

“Isn’t he in our room?” HongBin asked while looking somewhat confused. Ravi shook his head and sat beside the same age member.

“He said he’ll be home by midnight. What’s going on? Hyung?” Hyuk asked and looked at the hyung line.

“I don’t know anything,” Ken said and put his arms up in the air and walked to his room.

“Leo hyung?” HongBin asked when he saw Leo putting on his shoes

“I’ll go find him,” Leo said while walking out the door. Meanwhile, Hakyeon was already packing up when he heard the door open.

“Hakyeon,” Leo called out while walking towards the elder but Hakyeon just ignored the latter.

Leo raised an eyebrow. Hakyeon let out a deep sigh and zipped his bag. Leo was confused, Hakyeon had never ignored him, not even once. The elder took his bag and was about to head out but Leo prevented him from doing so by pulling his wrist.

“Hakyeon,” Leo pulled Hakyeon closer. Leo looked at Hakyeon but Hakyeon didn’t want eye contact.

“Hakyeon, answer me,” Leo pulled the elder closer.

“Hakyeon!” Leo raised his voice. Hakyeon twitched a little and looked up, eyes full of hurt and sorrow.

“What?” Hakyeon said. His voice didn’t sound usual, his voice was hoarse. His eyes puffy and his throat hurt. Leo took a deep breath

“Did I do something wrong?” Leo asked and tilted his head.

“Why should I tell you?” Hakyeon’s voice was shaky and Leo knew he was close to tears.

“You don’t even care,” Hakyeon forcefully pulled away from the younger and walked out the room.

Leo blinked multiple times, trying to find the words and actions he’s suppose to say and do. After a few seconds, Leo quickly ran out the room. Luckily for him, Hakyeon wasn’t so far away. The younger quickly ran after the elder and walked beside him.

“Hakyeon ah, what’s wrong? Did I do something wrong?” Leo asked, trying to find out what’s his mistake.
“Why do you care?” Hakyeon knew he was being a stubborn but he was really hurt and he knew this time, he shouldn’t be so forgiving.

“Cause I’m your boyfriend?” Leo said, trying to remind Hakyeon that they were a thing.

“Well, you don’t act like it,” Hakyeon said while pushing the elevator button. Leo was confused.

“What?” Leo said and followed Hakyeon. Hakyeon didn’t reply though. Leo was getting a bit annoyed by his beau but shook his head. Hakyeon entered their dorm quietly, trying his best to not wake up his dongsaengs. He was about to enter his room when he was pulled to the living room by Leo.

“Hakyeon, I get that you’re angry but what did I wrong?” Leo pushed Hakyeon on the couch. Hakyeon let out a sigh and shook his head.

“Why does it even matter to you? Don’t act like you care, please,” Hakyeon said and quickly walked into his room. Leo let out a sigh and followed him. Leo waited a while for Hakyeon to fall asleep. He quietly walked towards HongBin who was sleeping beside the leader.

“HongBin, HongBin,” Leo softly shook the visual, thankfully HongBin was a light sleeper.

“What is it, Leo hyung?” HongBin replied, half awake.

“Change places with me?”

“Huh? Why?”

“Just for tonight,” Leo said, HongBin let out a groan before moving to the other side. Leo nodded and lied down beside Hakyeon.

“I thought I told you not to disturb the kids,” Hakyeon said with his eyes closed which surprised Leo.

“I just-”

“Whatever. Sleep.” Hakyeon turned, making his back facing the younger.

Leo let out a sigh and went to sleep but before he could drift off to dream land, he heard soft whimper. Hakyeon was crying while closing his mouth with his hand. Leo felt his own heart breaking, feeling guilty that he couldn’t do anything to help his boyfriend. The next day, Leo woke up but Hakyeon wasn’t beside him. He looked at his watch 7a.m. He slowly got up trying to not wake up Ken and HongBin who were in deep sleep. He walked out to find Hakyeon talking to Ravi.

“Well, you’re up early,” Leo said while looking at Ravi. The younger smiled and waved.

“N hyung woke me up,” Ravi said while putting his hand on Hakyeon lap. Leo’s eyes twitched. He never really liked anyone, except him, touching his boyfriend.

“I’m gonna go get a drink, Ravi help me wake up the rest,” Hakyeon said while walking towards the kitchen.

Right when Ravi was about to get up, Leo pushed him back down softly. Ravi looked at his hyung and smiled.

“What’s up?” Ravi asked and crossed his arms.

“What were you and Hakyeon doing?” Leo said, obviously angry and confused.

“Why ask me? Why not ask your boyfriend?” Leo was about to speak when Ravi continued

“Or are the two of you fighting again?” Ravi said with a smirk. Leo clenched his teeth.

“You know something that I don’t. Spill,”

“I know everything that happens in this dorm. What are you talking about, hyung? It’s just a matter if I should or shouldn’t ‘spill’ it. And in this case, I don’t think I should. Better find out your mistake before N hyung gets more upset,” Ravi asked and walked away. He slowly opened the door and jumped on his boyfriend.

“HongBinnie!” Ravi called up happily. HongBin was a bit surprised but smiled and rubbed his boyfriend’s hair. Leo sat on the couch and though of what he did to make Hakyeon so upset.

“Hyung?” Hyuk called out, getting the elder’s attention. Just when Leo was about to reply, Hakyeon wrapped his arm around the maknae’s shoulder.

“Go wash up, we’re heading out in an hour,” Hakyeon said with a smile. Leo quickly walked to his boyfriend and pulled his wrist.

“What’s going on? What did I do wrong? Tell me what I did wrong, I’ll apologize,” Leo said but Hakyeon didn’t even look at him.

“Guys, wake up! We’re heading out soon!” Hakyeon yelled, earning a ‘ne’ from the members.

“Yah, Cha Hakyeon,” Leo pulled Hakyeon closer. Hakyeon glanced at the younger before pulling away. Leo let out a sigh and messed up his hair in frustration.

“Hyung...” HongBin said and looked at the leader. Hakyeon gave the visual a reassuring smile before going to Ravi and Hyuk’s room to find clothes for the members.

“You know, don’t you? All of you know” Leo said and closed the door, all the members in the room, except for Hakyeon, of course. The younger members nodded cutely.

“Well? TELL ME!” Leo was getting annoyed.

“You should find out yourself though,” Hyuk said, trying to get out of the dorm.

“Let’s just tell him,” Ken said, feeling bad for his hyung.

“You really shouldn’t have ignored N hyung,” HongBin said, resting his head on Ravi’s shoulder.

“Ignore him?” Leo was confused.

“N hyung has been trying to talk to you for like, I don’t know, 3 weeks now but you never really paid attention to our poor leader,” Ravi said and shrug.

“How am I ignoring him?” Leo asked.

“Well, you don’t reply his texts. When he talks to you, you don’t reply. When he calls you, you walk away,” Ken explained.

“You, is this what you and Hakyeon were talking about?” Leo glared at Ravi.

“No, not really. N hyung was asking me a question but I couldn’t answer. It’s a question that only you can answer, hyung,” Ravi said and played with HongBin’s hand, making the visual smile.

“And the question was?” Leo asked. Ravi took a deep breath before speaking.

“He doesn’t say it anymore. Does Leo even love me anymore?” Ravi imitated the leader. Leo was in shock when he heard that.

“I guess that new song we recorded suits this situation. Don’t you think so, Leo hyung?” Hyuk said and sat beside Ken, giving up trying to get out of the room.

Because of such a thing as this pride,” HongBin started singing.

I guess I didn’t know what being a man is truly about, I pretended to be an adult but I guess I’m still a boy” Ravi started rapping his part and looked at his hyung.

“I thought he knew..” Leo said softly but the members could hear it.

Why did I think you would know even if I didn’t say it? Why did I keep thinking it was annoying?” Ken sang

The words I couldn’t say first, I’ll finally say now” Hyuk sang and Leo quickly opened the door. Hakyeon was in the living room watching TV alone. Leo quickly walked over and blocked the TV.

“Do you mind?” Hakyeon asked, trying to look at the TV but Leo didn’t move.

“Whatever,” Hakyeon was about to walk past Leo but the younger quickly hugged him.

“What are you-”

“I love you,” Leo said burying his head in Hakyeon’s shoulder. Hakyeon froze, his mind stopped functioning.

“Taekwoon ah,” tears following down the leader’s cheeks.

“I’m sorry I haven’t been saying it lately. I thought that, I didn’t have to. That you would know even if I didn’t,” Leo took a deep breath, trying not prevent his tears from following.

“Idiot. Jerk. Why did you think I would know? Especially since you keep getting close to Ken these few weeks,” Hakyeon started crying more by remembering their past weeks.

“I’m sorry. You know Ken’s just like a little brother to me, I love him like a brother. But I love you as my lover, Hakyeon-ah. Remember that, please,” Tears started following down Leo’s cheeks.

“And I promise from now on, I’ll say it more often...” Leo trailed off and hummed.

The words I couldn’t say first, I’ll finally say now, I love you,” Leo sang, making Hakyeon chuckle.

“I love you too” Hakyeon smiled and hugged the younger tighter.