Assailant

Duality

In the busy streets of London, a woman with crimson hair is standing alone, seemingly waiting for someone.

“Where is that woman? She said she’d be here 30 minutes ago,” the woman looked irritable, though it didn’t hide the beauty that she is.

“Red! I mean, Fany! I’m sorry I’m late, traffic was horrible,” another beautiful woman, taller albeit a bit darker-skinned than the first one, came running.

“Don’t make me wait like that. I almost left you, you know.”

“I’m really sorry, so, where shall we eat?”

“You pick, you’re the one who paying anyway.”

“Hmmmm, why don’t we just buy some groceries then cook a meal at your place?”

“Sounds good, I haven’t had a decent home-cooked meal in forever. But why my place?”

“Because it’s closer, now let’s go.”

“Soo, what dish do you want to eat?”

“I’m thinking Japanese, sound good?”

“Again?”

“Well what do you want?”

“I was thinking more along the lines of steak and mashed potatoes.”

“Why don’t we just cook both? I mean, you are eating with me.”

“You sure you can finish it all?”

“Tiffany, are you sure you’re my best friend?”

“Haha. Of course you can finish it all. Hmmm, what kind of meat do you want? I was thinking rib-eye?”

“Sounds good, we gonna make sushi?”

“Sure, haven’t had them in a while actually.”

“Tiff?”

“Yes?”

“Any word on what that Priority One said? You know, about that Sangria thing?”

“Hmmm, none yet. Don’t worry about it so much Soo, I’m sure Hyo’s gonna fill us in once The Council decides what action we should take.”

“I’m pretty sure I’ve heard that name somewhere before. I just can’t put my finger on it.”

“Well, you have been alive for a long time, I won’t be surprised if you have heard of them before.”

“I have a really bad feeling about this Fany, and my instincts usually point me in the right direction.”

“Like I said Soo, don’t worry about it too much.”

“Just promise me you’ll stay safe?”

“Of course, and if push comes to shove I’m pretty sure I can defend myself.”

“I know, still, call me if things get too tough, and don’t use your phone, it’s gonna be too much of a hassle of you need to defend yourself and dial my number at the same time.”

“You want me to get into your head?”

“Sure, you know you’re the only Sensitive I allow in my noggin.”

“I still don’t get it Soo, why me?”

“Like you said Fany, I’ve been alive for a long time. I know someone I can trust when I see them.”

“Thanks Soo, you don’t know how much that means to me.”

“Tell me again why we’re gonna be cooking at my house? Don’t you have a kitchen?”

“For the fifth time Soo, it’s because your house is much nearer than mine.”

“Alright, alright, I concede.”

“Soo, mind if I ask a question?”

“Ask away my red-headed mindreader.”

“Why is your name Sooyoung?”

“A… special friend of mine gave me that name.”

“Oh, I see. But if she gave you that name, then that must mean you’ve had another name before?”

“I’ve had multiple names actually, at one point I was Eui-jin, at another time I was a Min-young, I even became a Summer once.”

“How old are you really Soo?”

“Hmmm, I fought at the crusades so, more or less 500 years old?”

“The crusades?! Wow. Which side were you on?”

“Though I was technically a crusader, I was actually there to kill vampires, whether they were Muslims or Christians. Those leeches took advantage of wars often.”

“Why do you hate them so much? The vampires I mean. There’s bound to be one good vamp out there right?”

“They’re the reason why I’m alone Fany, and if there was one good leech out there, I’ve yet to meet it.”

“What about the weres? Have you heard anything about your mom?”

“The last I heard of her was twenty years ago, she said she gave birth to a daughter.”

“You have a sister? How come you never told me this?”

“Never came up. Besides, I don’t think my sister and I are gonna be seeing each other anyway, my mom lives up north along with the other weres.”

“Where exactly up north?”

“Scandinavia, I guess. Why?”

“…Nothing.”

“Fany? Are you hiding something from me?”

“No! Anyway, we’re here. Come on, park the car already, I’m starving.”

“Soo, someone’s inside the house, she’s… not human.”

“What do you mean not human? A vampire?”

“No, she’s alive, but like I said, not human, she’s somehow blocking my Trace.”

“This is bad, get behind me Fany.”

“Soo, she’s getting angry, wait I’m picking up some of her thoughts. She smells us, she thinks you’re a vampire. It looks like she wants to kill you Soo, be careful.”

“Don’t worry Fany, I got this.”

Sooyoung slowly opened her front door, checking if her assailant is waiting for an ambush. Before she could even open her door all the way, a pair of hands has already made their way onto her shoulders. The mysterious hooded assailant had Sooyoung pinned down, a growl escaping its lips. Sooyoung quickly pushed her attacker back, the force of the impact drawing back its hood revealing the face of a woman, her face contorted into an angry snarl.

She’d be cute if her she wasn’t snarling. Too bad I have to kill her, thought Sooyoung.

“Tae-Taeyeon?!”

Tiffany looked at Sooyoung’s assailant, a look of genuine shock etched on her face.

“Yuri?”

“Yes, Yoona?”

“This is terrible, sister.”

“Indeed, this is quite a predicament.”

“He is waking.”

“That he is sister.”

“What do you propose we do?”

“We must act quickly, find the other women in the prophecy.”

“But where do we begin?”

“We will know of them through the actions they perform.”

“Yes, one seeks vengeance, two of them harboring a forbidden love.”

“And three are comrades-in-arms, hunting down the evil ones.”

“When do we start our journey?”

“As soon as possible sister, but we need protection.”

“Yes, we have little knowledge of war, our youngest sister can accompany us perhaps?”

“Seohyun? Yes, she could, as Captain of the Guard she will be more than adequate as our protector.”

 “We already have a destination?”

“Yes, the Summer and Winter Kingdoms of the Fae.”

“The two hearts?”

“Yes, sister.”