Final. One Shot.

Everlasting Love.

Different shades of Christmas lights brightened the crowded streets, forming a beautiful combination of colors. White fluffy snowflakes slowly found its way down from the sky, transforming the entire amusement park into a vast piece of white land. Tall green trees surrounded the pathway of the streets, with lovely ornaments hanging so beautifully on it. Babel of Christmas carols and instrumental sounds travelled through the atmosphere, heightening the beauty of Christmas. The scene was breathtaking.

 

Cupping my hands together, I walked through the streets alone, admiring the beauty of Christmas. Amorous couples were sticking closely together, with their hands intertwining each other’s and enjoying small sweet talks. Kisses and hugs were seen as they exchanged gazes. The scene was beyond perfection. Walking down the same street that we had both walked together a year ago, I allowed myself to be indulged in the memories that both of us once had. Beautiful scenes of us being together slowly engulfed my heart, piercing me with an unknown bittersweet pain. Us enjoying silly snow fights together. Us embracing each other. Us exchanging Christmas presents. Us making our deepest Christmas wishes together. Us choosing our engagement rings. Us standing under the mistletoe. These memories would always remain in my heart. Always and always.

 

Unknowingly, I had arrived the amusement park. I smiled bitterly. A year ago, we were here together, enjoying a simple yet romantic date on that white Christmas night. This year, I was here alone. Slipping my hands into my pockets, I slowly paced my way into the amusement park. Loud excited noises bombarded me the moment I entered the gate. Bright decorative lights filled the entire amusement park. Pretty Christmas ornaments hung neatly onto the street lamps. The amusement park still remained the same. Still as beautiful as last year. Yet the absence of you had made this so incredibly different. An incredibly lonely Christmas.

 

I walked past the game stations that both of us had once played. The slow yet romantic Merry-Go-Round, the thrilling rollercoaster, the small game booth, everything was still the same. Exactly the same as last year. After walking a huge round in the amusement park, I finally stopped at this place. Our engagement venue. Smiling, I looked up at the enormous Ferris Wheel. It looked exactly the same. Blue metal rims surrounded the edge of the Ferris Wheel. Bright pink lights fitted perfectly on the sparse space of the metals. Different colors of cables slowly moved in a circular motion. Everything looked exactly the same. An unknown pain surged through my hapless body as a drop of tear slowly found its way down. I instantaneously wiped that tear away as I walked towards the game master of this familiar place, ready to experience the same feeling that I had a year ago. Yet this time round, without you being beside me.

 

Subtly and carefully, I sat on the seat on the cable, alone. I looked through the vintage-styled window and watched how couples were spending their White Christmas in the amusement park, just like how we had once spent our night here together. I smiled. The feeling was still here, I had not forgotten it yet. The happiness and excitement I had when you proposed to me a year back at this place. I could still feel it. I could still remember how gentle you were when you told me you would love me forever. I knew it, I knew you would love me forever. So did I. My love for you would never change. Smiling, I elevated my stare and looked up at the dark beautiful sky. Baekhyun, it had been a year. How were you up there right now? Were you celebrating Christmas with beautiful angels and sweet elves? I missed you so much. I love you. Happy Christmas, my dearest boy.