Best Couple Award

Best Couple Award
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Hayoung stepped into the majestic ballroom, she couldn’t help but to feel astonished. The ballroom was decorated with pink ribbons and glitters copiously scattered around the huge, hard cardboard wording “SENIOR PROM’13”. The scent of fresh roses diffused into the air and greeted her nostrils. She smiled as her right hand tightly gripped on her purple purse.

It was already 7.15pm and she thought she was late. But tonight is the night where everyone needs to be fashionably late because… it’s prom.  Hayoung spotted her friends and she slowly walked towards them , her long freshly curved hair bouncing on her back.  

 

“Looking good!” Eunji extended her long slender arm to hug the maknae.

 

“You look like a princess!” The oldest, Chorong cooed. Hayoung smiled as she said “You girls look beautiful, too.”

After some exchanging of compliments, the girls decided to take some pictures. Hayoung had just realized that her unnie, Naeun was nowhere to be seen. Just when she was about to ask about Naeun’s absence, Bomi told her that she’s coming with her prom date,Taemin later.

 

Hayoung thought it was nice to have someone to ask you to prom.  Because watching the couples dancing to slow, romantic music was one hella sad thing. Her thoughts gradually abandoned when some girls from other classes asked her to join them in photo taking.

 

After some time, Hayoung doesn’t realized that most of her classmates were already there. She saw Choi Jonghyun and Bang Minsoo first. These two guys have big muscles and they made their suits seemed like they’re going to burst at anytime. She laughed and held out her phone to take pictures with both of them. Next, she saw Hyuna. Few years back, she hated Hyuna with all her guts after she discovered that they both have a crush on the same guy. But for the sakes memories, Hayoung took picture with Hyuna anyway.

 

She then scanned through the enormous ballroom. A blonde figure caught her attention. Hayoung’s lips curved into a playful smirk as she made her way towards the said figure. She stopped and let out an obvious cough. The said figure turned around and their eyes met. Hayoung’s eyes curved into a crescent moon and she giggled.

 

“Hi Sehun.”

 

Sehun stood there, unmoving, like an unanimated tree. His eyes scanned Hayoung from the top of her head until her feet, and then up again to her torso. And then to her . He his lips thirstily and swallowed the lump in his throat. He coughed to clear his voice.

 

“uh… hi. Hayoung.”

 

“Woah, you look good in white!” It was Hayoung’s turn to check out Sehun(less thirstily) and she immediately pulled out her phone from her purse. She had one hand grabbed onto Sehun’s hand, another hand stretched out her phone as she pushed herself nearer to Sehun as she clicked the ‘capture’ button.

 

All these time, Sehun was still dumbstruck cause… he can feel Hayoung’s pressing onto his arm. He couldn’t stop thinking of the thin, purple, fabric clothing tightly embraced Hayoung’s slim body. Damn, she looks so good in this dress.  He was then back to reality when he felt pain in his eyes because of the goddamn flashes. He gazed at Hayoung tenderly as the said girl was busying checking how’s the pictures turned out to be. After that, Hayoung kept her phone away and turned to Sehun once again. A smile, bright like sunshine in summer, Sehun thought as he inwardly shivered (cause no bright like sunshine? Seriously?) formed on Hayoung’s pouty lips as she playfully smacked Sehun’s arm.

 

“You look good! But I’m not going to vote for you as prom king tho. Ya know I always like Jongin more.” She winked.

 

Sehun scoffed, “I can still win without your vote, Oh Hayoung.” He smirked. “By the way, you look pretty (more than pretty, sehun) tonight.” He complimented her, sincerely.

 

“I look pretty everyday, okay.” Hayoung laughed. Sehun stared at her for a moment and laughed along until  a abooming voice blasted from the speakers.

 

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I’m your mc for tonight. My name is Jimin and I’ll like to welcome you all to the 2013 senior prom!”

 

A loud cheer and applause from the crowd was heard as they walked to their tables accordingly. Hayong waved to Sehun, as the walked in separate way. The speeches by Jimin and one of the prom committee was given. The food was served and Hayoung had eaten 8 cups of mango pudding(and still counting).  After that, the DJ had put some jumpy musics and made wanted to hit the dance floor. Namjoo pulled Hayoung to danced but Hayoung refused to cause she was wearing a 5 inches high heels and it was killing her (and she wants to eat mango pudding).  Little did she know, a table from few feet away, there was exactly one blonde figure, who had rejected his friends offers to dance, because he preferred spending his time looking at the girl whom he didn’t know he had developed feelings for.

 

After the intense dancing period, it was voting time. The loud music gradually died down to let Jimin explained how the voting works. Everyone would received a small piece of paper and they would need to write down th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter