Chapter One

Betrayal (배신)

"Youngie ah, wake up! It's time to pack up." my mom said.

"Ugh, already?" I moaned.

"YAH, GET UP!" she joked as she yanked my blanket away from me.

"Ok, i'm up." I giggled.

My mom left the room and I slowly got out of bed. Today was the day that we were going on a road trip to Lotte World. I was super excited because we hadn't gone on a family vacation in a long time due my parents jobs. I smiled at the thought of spending five days outside of home with my family. I packed my things and went downstairs with my luggage in hand. Naeun was sitting on the couch watching Pororo so I ran over and joined her. We were laughing together when mom called us to eat breakfast.

"Are you guys excited?" my dad asked.

"Mhm! Will we see Pororo there?!" my sister exclaimed excitedly.

"Of course!" he replied as he ruffled her hair.

"What about you Youngie? It's even your 8th birthday today." my mom said with a smile.

"It's the best birthday gift I could ever ask for." I was just excited that I got to spend time with my family.

"Wait. We have another gift for you." my dad said as he pulled out a small black box from his pocket.

"Ta-da! Happy birthday." he said as he handed it to me.

I opened it and gasped. I was staring at the most beautiful object in the world. It was a silver necklace with a heart. My dad came around the table and put it on for me.

" I love it. Thank you." I said while smiling.

After breakfast, we loaded the car and my sister and I jumped in the backseat. I saw my sister fumbling with the seat belt so I helped her put it on.

"You cross it over your body like this and put the end in the little pocket right here and when you hear it click, let go." I explained.

"OK! Thank you unni!" she replied.

Mom and dad got in the car and started the engine. This is it. Finally, I get to spend some time with my family. I happily giggled to myself. Nauen fell asleep right away and I smiled when I saw her cute sleeping face. We were driving for around forty minutes when I started to drift off to sleep. 

When I woke up, I heard my parents quietly muttering to each other.

"When do we tell Youngie?" my mom whispered.

"We can't tell her yet, it'll sadden her." my dad replied.

"When is our flight scheduled to take off?" she asked.

Flight? What flight? Are they leaving again?!

"After the vacation." he replied.

My mother breathed out a sigh and I realized that they were leaving on a business trip again leaving Nauen and I alone with the babysitter once again. I was heartbroken and angry at the same time.

"You guys are leaving again? Right after the trip?" I asked with a frown.

"Youngie ah, you were awake?" my mom asked.

"You can't leave! This is our first time spending time together in two years!" I yelled.

"Youngie ah, you have to understand that our job is very important. If we quit, then we won't make any money." my dad sighed.

"NO! I don't care about money! I wan't you guys to be home everyday!" I exclaimed.

"You don't understand what it's like to be home alone waiting at the door everyday for you to come home! You don't understand and I hate you!" 

"Why is everyone yelling?" my sister asked while still half asleep.

As my parents turned around to reply to my outburst, the last I heard before I -out was Nauen screaming with a horrified look on her face and a truck coming straight at us.

 


 

Beep beep beep. I woke up and found that I was in tears. Mom. Dad. I felt around my neck and breathed out a sigh of relief when I felt the familiar piece of metal around my neck. I shook it off and thought about my plan for today. 

Okay. I'm entering a new school today. I have to be happy I thought. I got out of bed and took a shower. I slipped into the school uniform and went down stairs. It was lonely around the house since I was alone now. Why do I stay in this big house when i'm all alone now? Deciding to skip breakfast, I grabbed my backpack and schedule and walked to school.

The school was close by so it didn't take very long. When I reached the school campus, I took a deep breath, put on a smile, and walked inside. The school was nice and big. I looked at the map on the back of the schedule and made my way towards the office.

"Oh! You must be the new student Min-Young. I'll show you around." The woman up front said.

"So the school is fairly big so it might take you a while to get used to it." she proclaimed.

"This is the auditorium and the lunchroom is right next to it. The school also has a recording and dance studio on the upper floor if your interested." she divulged.

I took a mental note to visit the recording and dance studio sometime.

"All of the classrooms are on the second floor and I assume you know how to locate each of your classes. Uh. That's about it so I hope you enjoy your time here at SM Academy." and with that, she left.

I looked down at my schedule. Pre-Calculus. I walked around the hallway looking for the classroom. Finding it fairly quickly, I took a deep breath and step inside. The teacher was in the middle of talking when she saw me walk in. All eyes were on me as I walked up to the teacher and handed her the slip that the guide gave me.

"Ah. Oh Min-Young right?" the teacher said. I nodded my head.

"Class, this is Min-Young. Please make her feel welcome."

"Damn, she's hot." 

"Dude, she's pretty cute."

I took the empty seat next to the window and took my notebook out. I was staring off into space not paying attention to the teacher.

"Min-Young. Since your new here and you look like your not paying attention, i'm going to pick on you. She tapped the chalkboard. "Solve this question and explain how you got it."

 

Ressel, Rachael, Raha.are triplets. They were born 3 years after their sister, Jojo. This year, the product of their four ages is 60 687 greater than the sum of their ages. How old is Jojo? 

"It's okay if you don't get it because we haven't learned it y-"

"r= age of triplets. jojo's age = r+3. r³(r + 3) = 3r + (r + 3) + 60,687. r⁴ + 3r³ = 4r + 60,690. r⁴ + 3r³ - 4r - 60,690 = 0. Two of the roots are imaginary, and one is negative. The remaining root is 15. The triplets are 15 and Jojo is 18." I answered easily without having to think.

"Wow. Impressive." Mrs. Lee replied.

Mrs. Lee continued her lecture while I went back to doodling in my notebook. 

When class ended, I girl ran up to me.

"Hi! My names Yesol!" she said.

"Oh. Hi. I'm Min-Young." I replied with a smile.

"Let's go to lunch together." she grabbed my arm and started dragging me.

We started talking to each other about random things and turns out that Yesol is actually really funny and nice. I think i'm gonna like this girl. I smiled and we were laughing when we heard something or rather someone get slammed into the lockers. We peered over the wall and saw that a tall boy was pushing a smaller boy around. He was laughing and had his friends surround the poor boy. They started kicking him.

"Poor kid. Jay is pretty mean to kids that piss him off." Yesol said while shaking her head.

"Oh. Well why isn't anybody doing anything?" I said when I noticed that people were just watching.

"Nobody wants to get caught up in Jay's business. They usually end up all beat up." she replied.

"Hang on. Hold my stuff." I handed Yesol my backpack.

"W-what are you doing?" Yesol asked with a shaky voice.

"To stop him." I walked over to Jay and the boy before Yesol could stop me.

"Yah! Stop it! What did he ever do to you?" I said while shoving Jay away from the injured boy.

"Get out of my way or you'll regret it. I'm not afraid to hit girls." he said while smirking.

"No. I think you'll regret it." I retorted while smiling a sweet smile.

"What?! This girl." He raised his hand to hit me but before his hand reached my face, I grabbed it and twisted it behind his back. I then kicked his legs so that he was kneeling and shoved his face to the floor.

"Didn't I say that you'd regret it?" I said confidently while smirking.

I got off of him and dusted myself off. I partially expected his friends to come after me but suprisingly, they didn't. I seized the oppurtunity to help the injured boy off of the floor. 

"What's your name?" I asked.

"K-kyungsoo." he replied.

"Don't worry Kyungsoo, I won't hurt you. I'm gonna help you to the nurse's office." I informed him. He nodded.

"Sorry Yesol, but i'm gonna go take Kyungsoo to the office. Go eat lunch without me." I told her.

We went up the stairs and I dropped him off at the nurse's. He thanked me and I walked down the hallway.

As I was walking, I remembered that the dance studio was on this floor. I walked in the direction that I remembered was the correct way and eventually found the dance studio. Aha! Found it. I'm already here so might as well practice a bit. As I was about to enter, I heard music coming from inside. I entered the room and found that someone was already inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's comments

Ahahaaaa finally got the first chapter up! :) ooooo Who do you think is in the room?

Comments are appreciated so please do so. This is my first story so don't be afraid to critisize a bit. Thank you to whoevers reading <33