Final

Delayed confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
delayed confession  

Kris and Eunjung had been married for at least half a year, engaged for a year; they stayed under the same roof for over a year, and yet, still not progress in their relationship. It was still cold as ever – at least for Kris towards Eunjung. Eunjung actually does her duties as a wife; she cleans the house, cooks for them, and worries about him. But his feelings somehow doesn’t waver, he still remains cold towards her.

Eunjung looked over at her wrist watch, seeing that it was almost 10PM, she quickly kept her things. “Hey, I’m going home first.” She informed her friends.

“You need a ride? It’s pretty late.” Her friend, Jinyoung offered.

“Nah, I’ll be fine. You stay here.” She declined his offer, before waving to her friends who were still studying.

As she walked out of the library she could feel the cold breeze hit her face, she then pulled up the scarf, in hopes that it’ll make her feel warmer. After she was done, she quickly shoved her hands into the pocket of her coat.

As she was reaching a turn, she heard footsteps. Thinking that it was her own imagination, she ignored it and continued walking. As she continued, she could still hear the faint footsteps; that’s when it hit her, she was being stalked.

She made a quick turn into the main street, hoping to find some convenience store. Fortunately for her, there was a convenience store. She dashed into the convenience store, attempting to hide away from the stalker.

When she entered the convenience store, she quickly pulled out her phone. As she was about to dial Kris’s number, she hesitated a little. What if he doesn’t pick up? What if he just hangs up on her? Ignoring those negative thoughts, she just dialed his number.

“ Hello?” His deep voice was heard, along with the sound of loud club music.

Despite him sounding pretty annoyed, she continued. “Erm, Kris, can you come over to the convenience store near our house?” She asked with a soft voice, afraid of his answer. She was this close to tears.

“Why? I’m busy right now.”He answered.

Hearing his harsh reply, she decided to just walk home herself. “Oh. Then never mind, I’ll just go home myself.” With that, she quickly ended the call. She then walked around the store, not knowing what to do. She stayed there for a good whole 15 minutes, she then looked outside, and he was still there.

After hiding in there for about 30 minutes, she came up with a plan. She would wait till he’s distracted, then she’d make a run for it – not the safest, but what choice does she have? Kris wasn’t going to come, and there was no other way, she couldn’t hide here forever.

She peered out the window, only to see him on his phone. She then dashed out of the shop without hesitating. And as expected, he was running after her. She was losing the strength to run, so she decided to turn into an alley. She hid behind a wall hoping to catch her breath, but unfortunately for her, he saw her.

He swiftly grabbed wrists and pinned them above her, “Got you now.” He threw her a smug look.

While over at Kris’ side, after she abruptly hang up, he tried to continue partying like he used to before she called, but his conscience was practically eating him alive. He tried to ignore the feeling but it was way too strong.

“Tao, I’m going first.” He informed his friend.

“Why are you leaving so early?” Tao asked, curious. Kris was never one who would leave the club so soon.

“Uhm, family matters.” After excusing himself, he quickly left the club and rushed to his car. None of his friends actually know abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter