Player

Player

Yoona

 

Guys were so easy. They were like play things to me. When I got tired of one I dumped him and got another. I thought I could get any guy I wanted until he came to school…Kim hyunjoong. He didn’t seem to care much for me and that just made me want him more. I even broke up with Taecyeon because of him. One thing I knew was that he didn’t want me… and that presented an interesting challenge.
 
 
“Alright today I want you guys to bake cookies.” My teacher called out to us. I didn’t mind making cookies I just wondered how making cookies would help me any.
 
 
“Im Yoona I want you with Kim hyunjoong.” The teacher announced. I smirked.
 
 
*Perfect… I can finally start to figure out the puzzle that is Kim hyunjoong*
 
 
I went to my kitchen and started thinking of what I could say to him first. I mean yeah it was a game for me but it wasn’t to them. I couldn’t let him know that I interested in him. I wanted him to show me that he was interested in me before I showed him my interest in him. This was how all my “games” started.
 
 
“So how do we get started?” I asked.
 
 
“Simple…I’ll mix the batter and you put everything I tell you to in it.” He told me.
 
 
“So like your sidekick?” I asked.
 
 
*He seems like someone who likes to take control easily.*
 
 
“If you want to think of it that way then sure,” He added. So for the rest of class I followed his instructions down to the tee and we made awesome cookies.
 
 
“You seem like you’ve done this before.” I told him.
 
 
“My mom owns a bakery. When I was younger she would make me help her with the cookies.” He explained.
 
 
*So he’s a momma’s boy?* I wondered.
 
So eventually we got to talking terms. I was excited that I was making progress with him, but Taecyeon seemed to be very upset.
 
 
“Why are you always with him all the time?” He asked me, you could see the rage in his eyes.
 
 
“I want to get to know him. Is that so bad?” I asked.
 
 
“Yes…Hyunjoong is a good boy and you’re not a good girl… let a girl who deserves him have him.” He told me. I was slightly offended by his words. I knew what he meant I was a player and he was a good boy.
 
 
“That’s not the point.” I exclaimed.
 
 
“Yeah, then what is? I know you Yoona you see him as another play thing and when you get tired of him you’ll dump him. You think I haven’t figured you out. You have a reputation Yoona and Hyunjoong is a smart guy. Do you think he’s going to fall for your tricks?” He asked me. It hurt, this was new. It hurt to know that maybe I wouldn’t stand a chance with Hyunjoong. I didn’t know if I wanted to give up who I was for him. What if things didn’t work out…then I would be left like an idiot.
 
 
“I don’t have to explain anything to you,” I muttered walking away.
 
 
“Yeah good luck…once a player always a player,” he yelled after me.
 
 
*Maybe…I don’t want to be a player.* I thought.
 
I ignored everyone for weeks. I wanted to think about what exactly I was doing. Do I still want to be a player or do I really want to change for this guy?
 
 
“Hey, whats wrong?” I looked up to see Hyunjoong.
 
 
“umm nothing…why do you think something is up?” I asked.
 
 
“Well you’ve been avoiding everyone for the last couple days.” He told me. I shrugged.
 
 
“I just have a lot on my mind.” I told him.
 
 
“Care to tell me?” He asked.
 
 
“Well…I like this guy but I have a reputation for doing bad things and well could I stand a chance with guy?” I asked.
 
 
“Well I guess it depends on the guy.” He told me.
 
 
“Well what if he was a nice guy and really smart,” I added.
 
 
“He might…do I know this guy?” He asked me.
 
 
“Yeah you should.” I whispered.
 
 
“Well then… any guy I know might give you a chance.” He said. I laughed.
 
 
“WOW that makes me feel a lot better.” I said sarcastically. He smiled.
 
 
“You laughed…that makes me feel better.” He admitted. “And just so you know…I might give you a chance but you have to gain my trust.” I was surprised.
 
 
“How did you know that it was you I was talking about?” I asked him.
 
 
“I didn’t…I just took a shot in the dark..and I guess I got a hit.” He smirked.
 
 
*Hyunjoong….you are so unpredictable.*
 
 
“yeah well just wait… one day you’ll give me a chance.” I told him. I guess maybe I don’t need to be player any more.