Run

Only Six Feet Away

He had no choice but to see where the path lead.

Suho forced his legs onward until he stopped at a familiar door. 

This is..

He grips the handle and gently opens the door, peaking inside. 

Suddenly everything becomes slow. The scent of vanilla cookies and rosemary fills his nose, and this calming aura wraps around him, making him feel safe and warm, but only temporarily. Behind him he hears howling winds and feels the cold dry air on his back. His body begins to shiver as gusting breeze easily goes through his coat, causing Suho's teeth to chatter. His gloves (mostly for fashion) do virtually nothing to protect him against the harsh winter weather. 

"Yah! Suho it's about time you're home!" Luhan jumps off the couch and pulls the wide-eyed angel inside.. "How long does it take you to buy some stupid groceries?" The deer pouts, taking the bag from his hands. Suho's entire body begins to burn up as the heat melts the frost bite from his body.  

W-when did..

Suho stiffens as Luhan s his coat. 

"Everything alright?" Luhan frowns, poking the younger's cheek.

"N-no.." Suho shakes his head, slipping his boots off and following the deer to the couch. 

"Wanna watch a movie?" He smiles, grabbing the remote. 

This..this happened before. During that blizzard. Why? Why am I here? 

"I have a special surprise for you. I know it's not Christmas yet, but I just couldn't help.."

Suho stared forward at the blue television screen, Luhan's words melting into the ambiance around him. The blowing heater, Chanyeol and Kai laughing upstairs. Tao singing something off key in the shower. All just like he remembered. 

"Yeongasi." Suho states, turning to the kitchen door. Any minute now Chen and Sehun would come out with popcorn. 

"Y-yeah, how'd you know?" Luhan tilts his head. "Did Sehun tell you? Ugh that little-"

"Popcorn's done." Suho stands, a few seconds later the microwave beeps.  

"Um..Suho? Did you get hit on the head or something out there?" Luhan laughs, sending chills down Suho's spine. It wasn't just any normal laugh there was a hint of..anger? "You should just sit down and rest. No need to speak. Let's just enjoy the movie." Luhan forcefully grabs the angel and pulls him down onto the couch. Suho stares into the deer's piercing brown eyes. His conscious screams at Suho to run, but to where?

Is this all just some..fabrication? I don't understand.. 

"You'll never leave, Suho." Luhan smiles, stretching his arms. "We can stay here together. My angel will never be alone again." 

"What are you talking about!? Just let me go home..please!" Suho begs.

"But you are home." Luhan chuckles, hugging Suho tight. 

Chen and Sehun walk out with two bowls overflowing with popcorn. "Save it for the bedroom, you two." Chen teases, plopping down beside Suho, who was shaking with fear. Sehun rolls his eyes and sits on the love seat, stuffing his face with a handfull of popcorn. 

"Are you really Luhan?" Suho whispers.

"Of course silly, why would you ask that?" Luhan grips Suho's hand tightly.

"I..I was at a stage. Crowd was cheering..then I followed this lone path in darkness, and now I am here, in a memory. What the hell is going on!?"

"What are you talking about? I just sent you out to get groceries." Luhan squeezes the angel's hand tighter, causing him to squirm in discomfort. 

"No. That was part of the memory." Suho winces as Luhan's grip tightens. 

"I suggest you just s͝hu͏t̨ your pretty little ĺip̧s̛, a̛n̢d̨͟͢ ̡́e͝n̢j̛o̸͘y ͜ţ̡h̡́e̡͡ ͘͞mǫ̷͢v̸i̛͟ę̕͘. Suho whimpers as Luhan crushes his fingers. 

"Suho.." The television begins to static. "Suho listen to me." 

"No!" Suho screams as the familiar voice cries. "Go away! Everything just GO AWAY!" Suho forces Luhan off his hand and runs out the door. The cold air bites his pallid skin, and he automatically regrets not grabbing his coat on the way out. The lanterns begin to flicker, until his only source of light fades. The midnight sky, snow, and deserted street begin to twist and change. 

White walls and a tile floor begin to form, and the scent of disinfectant and bleach cause Suho's eyes to tear. The beeping of machines and small bits of conversations enter Suho's ears, but he keeps running. He passes the closet he had once hid in. 

Suho halts, running out of breath at door number 205. A figure appears in front of him. He stands there, pale and weak. His once lively doe eyes lifeless. Suho cannot help but stare at the iv tubing in his arm.

"L-Lu hyung.."