Rain?

Teru Teru Bozu

 

Chanyeol grinned when he saw the night sky clad with sparkling stars and smiling moon. He hanged his pretty little teru teru bozu over the balcony and turned it outward, wishing tomorrow there will be no rain because he got things to do on his precious day-off. As he finished with his things, he changed into his pajama and laid beside the sleepy Kris.

 

"Kris, I'm going out tomorrow, okay? I’m going to Lotte World with Baekhyun and Tao and I also need to wash our bed sheets. It's sticky. Kris, hey..." He poked at Kris's arm and the male grunted before he pulled Chanyeol to snuggle close to him.

 

It was cold because of the broken heater. Kris had accidentally kicked it a few days ago as he struggled to pull up his jeans which had only stuck to his thighs. Chanyeol grabbed the blanket to cover their bodies and hid his face over Kris's bare chest.

 

 

Chanyeol woke up to the sound of the rain hitting the window. He peeled Kris's arms off his waist and walked towards the balcony. He sighed heavilyThe rain just ruined his plan to hang out with Baekhyun and Tao during their day-off and he might catch a fever if he insists on going out in this cold weather.

 

"Aishhh...Maybe I should go back to sleep. This cold weather probably wanted me to just sleep on my day-off." Chanyeol muttered while picking out Kris's knitted sweater and his own from the closet and went back to the bed. He released a sigh when he poked Kris's chest but there's no response came from the sleeping log. In the end, he drenched in sweat helping Kris to get him into the sweater. Kris groaned lightly with his arm hung off the bed and Chanyeol smiled looking at his dreaming husband in that white sweater.

 

"Now, it won't be cold anymore..." Chanyeol got into his own sweater and spooning behind Kris, his arm around the male and warm blanket around them. Secretly, Kris blinked his eyes and smiled. He slowly intertwined his fingers along with Chanyeol's.

 

"We can't do anything about the weather though. It's not like we can change it anyway. How about tomorrow, Baekhyun? I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be okay! Tell Tao about it! Bye! See you then!" Chanyeol talked to Baekhyun over the phone about the change of plan. Kris eavesdropped from the outside of their bedroom and quickly tiptoed towards the kitchen when the conversation was over. He peeked over his shoulder to check on Chanyeol but to his surprise, the other male appeared out of nowhere with his infamous grin. He almost jumped when the younger male suddenly hugged his waist from behind.

 

"Heee...Kris! Why are you trembling so much? It's just me!" Chanyeol released his arms and curiously looked at Kris's flushed face. Kris pulled away, turned the stove off and served their dinner on the kitchen counter.

 

"Kris, are you working tomorrow?" Chanyeol asked and Kris shook his head as he picked the carrot from the stir-fry vegetables and put it into Chanyeol's bowl instead of his own. 

 

Dragon will never eat carrot but giraffe does. 

 

"Oh. Alright! I won't be home tomorrow. So, stay at home while I'm gone, okay? Please...keep your eyes open for my sake. Don't leave the stove on or the front door wide open. You always do that! That's why I'm so worried when I have to leave you alone!" Chanyeol chuckled and poked Kris' wrist with his chopsticks. Kris was always forgetful. He would forget his own car keys when leaving for work and forget to turn off the shower before he left the bathroom. Chanyeol had to remind him about everything.

 

But this side of him, it's so adorable.

 

 

Later that night, after sharing a few heated kisses with Kris, he quickly put the male to sleep as he didn't want to go any further - it would be weird to walk limping next to Baekhyun and Tao, even more, in front of the innocent crowd at the Lotte World. And he didn't want his to be sore because he wanted to ride the rollercoaster so badly.

 

He put the doll at the same place as yesterday and turned it outward. He checked it twice as he felt weird to have it facing inward the day before. He clasped his hands together and wished for a better weather on the next morning. Kris opened his eyes when he felt a dip on the side of the bed and minutes had passed, only snores can be heard.

 

Slowly, he sat at the edge of the bed and peeked over the white thingy Chanyeol hung outside the balcony.

 

 

"Arggghhh! The heck?! Again? God must have problem with all of my plans! What did I do in my past life?! Krissss~" When he woke up, all he heard was rain sound. He cussed at the weather with eyes on the ceiling while gritting his teeth hard. Kris woke up as he listened to Chanyeol's words of frustration and he pulled the male into his embrace to get rid of the coldness that slowly invading his space. Only then Chanyeol would shut his mouth and snored softly until the afternoon came.

 

"This brat...If you keep calling for rain, I swear I'll cut your head off!" Chanyeol bit the doll on the head and stabbed it a few times with his long fingers before he hang it.

 

On the other side of the room, Kris couldn't stop gulping down his saliva after he listened to Chanyeol's threat. Suddenly, he felt the threat was specially made for him. He could make a mental picture of how Chanyeol bit and stabbed at the white tiny doll a few minutes ago. The word 'cut', 'head' and 'off' kept on repeating itself inside his head. He reluctantly put his head on the pillow and closed his eyes while counting sheep until he felt Chanyeol's warm body sticking close to his side. Chanyeol's hot breath hit his bare arm and he was perfectly sure Chanyeol has already fall into his deep slumber.

 

Quietly, he got up and walked towards the balcony. The doll Chanyeol hung slightly tilted as the wind blew and swayed the doll softly. He poked at the doll to turn it around while biting his lips to hide his nervousness. Seconds later, the hair on his nape stood up from a light touch he received on his back.

 

"So, it was you all along..." Kris would fall off the balcony if Chanyeol didn't catch him fast on his flimsy pajama pants. He pulled Kris back into the room after he made sure Kris has stopped in his attempt to nudge the doll so it will rain again tomorrow.

 

"Give me a reason why I should forgive you or maybe...I'll just simply cut the head off. Not the doll, but you!" Chanyeol put his hands on the waist and angrily stared at Kris. Kris didn't dare to lift his head to look at the younger male's furious face. He knew that mode. He should stop making excuses and be a puppy or Chanyeol will blow his head off all night long. Kris wouldn't let it happen. No one would. It would be the worst catasthrophic event that ever happen in his life.

 

"I-I just want you to spend your day-off with me..." Kris pouted but still looking down at his feet, wiggling his toes while his fingers pulling the hem of his loose sleeveless top.

 

"Why didn't you say it sooner? I'd cancel my plan and cuddle with you all day! You don't have to do this! It's so childish!" Chanyeol lifted Kris's chin to look at his pouty lips.

 

"B-but I'd only be childish for you. Please! Can you stay with me in the bed all day long tomorrow?" Kris dared himself to pout even more and whine at Chanyeol. In the end, he earned himself a peck on the cheek. The male smiled and hugged Kris tight around his torso.

 

Sure, this dragon only acts like a child with me.

 

"If you say so, giant. Then, I will stay with you all day long in our bed. We can watch your favourite cartoon, we will have our brunch in the bed and anything! We'll do anything!" Kris grinned like a Cheshire, pushing Chanyeol to lay on the bed. Few moments later, Chanyeol slept soundly inside Kris's embrace, sharing the warmth from each other's bodies as Kris smiled victoriously as he thought of how he won an argument against Chanyeol using his secret weapon - cute and whiny Kris's mode.

 

 

 

 

"Ehh?! The rain just stopped! I should tell Baekhyun and Tao about this! Lotte World~" Before he was able to grab his phone, Kris grabbed it first and threw it away from the bed. The phone gently landed on the pile of dirty laundry inside the basket next to the door.

 

"No. Stay." 

 

"But rollercoast-"

 

"Stay."

 

"Aisshhhh...Fine! I won't go!"

 

"Good."

 

 

 

END

 

 

 

teru teru bozu - a Japanese traditional handmade doll and is believed to have a magical powers to bring good weather and stop/prevent rain. If hung upside down or turn it the other way around, it can also act as a prayer for rain.  

 

 

 

betaed by qilawabi