- 7 -

The Wrath of Idol Life [Season 2]

{ What keeps us Going }

6:00 a.m. Next day, In Jiyeon's Apartment

 

The oven was done cooking her pizza as Jiyeon opened the lid, and took out her pizza out and placed on a plate, grabbing a fork in , she grabbed a pair of knife and went to the dining table and placed the plate of pizza on the table while she took a sip of the glass of milk sitting on the dining table. She turned the television on and as she watched the television dearly, she munched on her pizza.

She was having breakfast. She was supposed to head downstairs where the T-ara's van will pick her up in an hours time, before heading towards the entertainment building to have their training and practices. 

Jiyeon finished her pizza in a jiffy as she washed the dishes and placed the wash dishes on the shelves and hopped herself onto the sofa. She turned off the television and grabbed the phone that was lying on the coffee table. She looked at the news site, and stopped at a news that was tagged and labelled under "Infinite". She pressed the tag and read through every news.

Every news, from the completion of their One Great Step World Tour, to the appearance in variety shows, and finally stopping at the news of the confirmation of dating rumours of Myungsoo and the ulzzang Kim Do Yeon. She read the news again, she felt a throbbing pain in her heart as she read the news further and read the comments below.

The comments were really harsh and precise, they were all attacking both parties, Myungsoo and Do Yeon. Some mentioned how shameless Do Yeon was, while some defended Myungsoo. Some commenters commented on Myungsoo's carelessness in exposing the relationship while some mocked their childish relationship.

Jiyeon sighed. She shut the phone and placed the phone down at the sofa. She felt sad for him, yet part of her is worried for him. She did not understand this feeling she was feeling.

She felt as if she loved him. Maybe it was because of yesterday, and the feelings that have growned since that night. 

She shook her head as she grabbed her coat and glanced at the clock. About time to head downstairs. She wore her coat, turned off the power, and the lights, grabbed the keys and her bag, swung it casually across her shoulder as she pushed the door open, being greeted by a fierce strong gust of cold wind. She shut her doors tight and walked downstairs.

The roads were empty and the streets were quiet. Parked cars lined along the street pavements, several passerbys passed by her swiftly as they all were dressed smartly, like businessmen and businesswomen rushing down streets to their various destinations in panic. Jiyeon sat herself down on a bench outside her apartment, waiting patiently for the van to arrive.

She texted her manager again nervously, asking him for his whereabouts. Being alone in this winter morning, she felt lonely as usual, she swung her legs about, while looking around the streets. White was the only colour around. It began to snow a little in this early December. Her legs were trembling and shivering in coldness as she wore her mittens and looked around again.

No sign of the van. Impatiently, she glanced at her phone, no reply from the manager. "What the hell, it's already 7:10 a.m.." Jiyeon mumbled softly.

Suddenly, she could see a group of 7 men approaching towards her direction. They were like brothers, some tugging each others' arms, some swung their arms around each other's shoulders, while two of them were poking each other, running about and fooling around as laughters could be heard from far. Jiyeon squinted her eyes and stared at the approaching group of men carefully.

Jiyeon stood up from her seat as she found a familiar figure. She then eyed them closely. They inched closer and closer towards her and the picture became clearer. She widened her eyes in shock, she saw Myungsoo and the Infinite members. They also seemed to saw Jiyeon from far, as they walked towards her and bowed at her politely.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jiyeon sunbaenim." They greeted, along with Myungsoo whom bowed and greeted her like the others.

Jiyeon bowed at them back, "Oh annyeong Infinite." She said, smiling as she looked at them. 

"I saw you guys finished your world tour, congratulations, you all did great. We T-ara hadn't have any tours yet. We just travelled only around Asia. I'm proud of you guys anyway." Jiyeon said.

"Ah, Jiyeon sunbaenim, you're too kind and courteous. Thanks for supporting Infinite, we like T-ara too!" Sunggyu replied back politely.

"Jinja? Kamsamida." Jiyeon said, smiling brightly as she suddenly looked at Myungsoo with her deep soulful eyes as she hurriedly looked away while forcing smiles infront of Infinite.

"We'll see you soon, we're heading towards a place right now. Our manager is expecting us anyway, see you soon Jiyeon sunbaenim. Fighting!" Woohyun said as Jiyeon nodded her head and smiled.

They left her and Myungsoo was all the way behind, he looked at Jiyeon and Jiyeon looked at him back. He then flashed his phone at her. Jiyeon looked at his phone curiously and he typed the words in Korean and zoomed it in, which stated is his number.

Jiyeon nodded her head as Myungsoo slotted his phone into his pocket and ran towards the Infinite members and tugged his arms around Sungjong's arm, as they all walked away and their silhouettes slowly faded away. 

Just then, the van arrived and Jiyeon rushed inside the van, showing disgusted faces at the manager as she snapped at him for being so late. The manager apologized repeatedly in which Jiyeon accepted with a slight nod as she took her phone out and saved Myungsoo's contact in her phone. She sighed as she messaged him simply with a 'Hi'.

Myungsoo soon replied her text message with a long one, stating, Hey glad you messaged me. Are you feeling alright, sorry for just leaving without saying goodbye yesterday, Woohyun was being a jackass as usual yesterday night, hope he didn't bother you much and I hope your unnie didn't pester and tease you because of me. And sorry for that night again.

Jiyeon sighed and replied back, I know that night was an accident, was not my fault or yours. It's just a mistake we both made. No need to say sorry anymore. I'm alright with it, Myungsoo-sshi. Anyway, Woohyun is fine. I am alright yesterday, so don't you worry. Anyway, work hard, I need to prepare for my comeback stages.

She received another reply within another minute, Thanks, good luck to you! Hopefully your new single will do well! If it doesn't, it's alright, it sounds great to me! I like the beat and the dance of this song. You all did great, good luck anyway! I'm going to visit my fans' created, Infinite forest. 

Jiyeon smirked and replied, That sounds cool. You have some great loyal fans, I'm envious.

Myungsoo then replied back soon, Yeah, I'm glad for my fans. But not all though, we still have sasaengs everywhere. It's pretty annoying and it always irks me all the time.

Jiyeon replied back, Wow, didn't know that you guys would have sasaengs. Didn't know that. kekeke

As if Myungsoo had his phone forever with him, he replied back within a nick of a time, keeping the conversation prolonged. Boy groups like us will definitely have sasaengs. It's like a natural thing? But anyway, I totally disliked it. You would not know that we met a sasaeng just now when we just simply went out to have breakfast together as INFINITE.

Jiyeon gasped at herself, earning some curious glares from Hyomin again as they all sat at the last row of the van together, Jiyeon did not realize Hyomin was creeping beside her, taking peeks at her phone and the text messages between her and Myungsoo. Hyomin was smirking while reading silently, while Jiyeon was left engrossed in texting him back.

Jinja? That's bad... kekeke, anyway talk to you soon, I'm tired. Jiyeon replied his message.

Suddenly, Myungsoo did not reply her at all. That caught her back, she had expected his reply soon, but he did not reply yet in the next 10 minutes. She sighed, maybe she was expecting much from him. She placed her phone down and turned her head to see her head just an inch away from Hyomin's. Hyomin pulled her head away and sat away from her as Jiyeon widened her eyes at Hyomin's face.

"Yah, what were you doing?" Jiyeon mumbled to her.

"You like Myungsoo-sshi, don't you?" Hyomin said, eyeing her.

"Yah!" Jiyeon hissed at her.

Hyomin smirked and nodded her head. "Arasso. Your secret is safe with me. Don't worry." She whispered to Jiyeon, while laughing like a hyena. "To think about it again, you two look pretty compatible, I mean, you two are visuals, you are pretty, he's handsome and hot, you two would make beautiful babies." Hyomin added on.

"Yah, are you nuts?" Jiyeon hissed at her softly as she immediately plugged in earpiece into her ears and blasted music through her music player.

 

The van soon reached the entertainment building. The T-ara members got down and hurried inside, to avoid any unnecessary publicity, and went straight up to their training center. There, they started changing into their dance outfits, and gathered in the studio. Qri, the leader started and took charge of the practice, accompanied with their dance instructor who was sitting comfortably at the side of the studio, staring and monitoring the moves and progress of each member from his seat.

Qri played the music, and the T-ara members all started to get down the dance floor with their dance cover moves and their dance steps for their released singles. That lasted for another hour and it was now 11 in the morning and the members were all worn out from that extensive dance training. The trainer gave his opinions, constructive criticisms, while guiding the individual members. The other members, Jiyeon, Hyomin and Eunjung were all good and was resting at the back of the studio, watching the other members working hard on their accuracy of their dance moves.

Jiyeon took a huge gulp of the bottle of mineral water as she took her phone out from her bag and saw some unread messages from Sungjong. Sungjong and Jiyeon are friends before she even met Myungsoo. Sungjong and Hoya were the only Infinite members that she have talked to a lot during the Love Sharing Programme at the Childrens' Home and also during the Idol Championships competition where Infinite and T-ara were both in the same team.

She had rarely talked to Myungsoo. The shared around 10 sentences only,  in all their programmes, and even in the God of Study filming. She was only close to Hoya and Sungjong in Infinite. Sungjong wrote in the text, Jiyeon noona, how do you find Myungsoo hyung?

Jiyeon widened her eyes in shock. She read the message again, it was sent an hour and a half ago, some time after she last messaged Myungsoo. She furrowed her eyebrows and replied the text message, Sungjong-ah, that was pretty awkward and random. He's fine. :) Anyway, how are you and Infinite?

Soon, within a minute, Sungjong replied her with a long text. Noona, jinja? Yeah, Myungsoo hyung is a fine handsome young man. Though he's really clingy towards me and Sungyeol, so beware if you become close to him, he does all sort of weird stuff and is very very clingy. He's so annoying sometimes though, so please be patient with him always. Anyway, we just came back from visiting our fanmade INFINITE forest. I'll sent you pictures of it, it's really awesome, you should check it out! It's at ......... if you have the time!~

Jiyeon gasped in shock and replied immediately. Bwo? Sungjong-ah, what did you just wrote? You make it sound as if I'm in love with your Myungsoo hyung! Yah, don't anyhow assume things, arra? We are just casual friends. Nothing more.. than that. Anyway, your fans are all so kind! I am so envious of you.

Jinja? Arraso. I shall not assume then. But you guys look good together. Go for it, noona~. Hoya says the same as me too. Sungjong replied.

Yah, ask Howon oppa to stop it too! Yah you two! Unbelievable... She replied, while smirking.

She smirked as she turned around and got shocked by the creeping Hyomin. "Yah, were you looking at my privacy again?!" Jiyeon hissed at her. 

Hyomin widened her eyes and scoffed. "Yah, you were obviously up to something. You were so obvious to the fact that you are actually showing to the world you're up to something." Hyomin retorted back as she stood up and went towards Eunjung.

Jiyeon sighed as she stare at the phone blankly. *Do I really like him?* Jiyeon thought.

She was confused of her feeling towards Myungsoo. They only met twice alone, their first meeting was rather awkward and crazy, and the second was unexpected, yet lovely. She kept thinking of him recently for the past 2 weeks, it was just insane. Jiyeon bit her lips, she then texted Hoya. Hoya oppa, hmmmm where is your dorm?

Hoya then replied after a while. Near your house.

Jiyeon chuckled and replied. Yeah I know that. But where exactly? Apartment unit? Name? Street? 

For me to know and for you to find out~. He replied.

Jiyeon hissed at her phone and texted back at him. Stop fooling around, I need to talk to you.

Hoya then replied. Alright. Call me and I will tell you. Can't possibly text you here, fearing your phone might be kidnapped by my sasaengs.

Jiyeon giggled and replied back. Arraso, quit joking anyway.

Jiyeon then dialled his number and he gave her the address. She then walked towards Hyomin and pulled her slowly out of the training studio. Hyomin looked at her curiously as Jiyeon spilled the beans at her.

"What? You're going to their dorm?!" Hyomin whispered at her softly.

"I need to talk to hoya about something. I just don't know how I feel about Myungsoo-sshi." Jiyeon mumbled to her.

"Arraso. I am really curious as to how you guys started to know each other and hang out with each other or how you even started developing feelings for him. You guys never seemed to talk much together before." Hyomin stated.

"It's just we coincidentally met each other one day and we somehow picked up a conversation." Jiyeon lied. 

"Arraso.. arraso. Need me to accompany you?" Hyomin said, eyeing at her.

"That's the exact thing I wanted to ask you. So, will you?" Jiyeon asked, while wearing her pitiful expression.

"Arraso, I can't possibly just throw you there to be awkward with those bunch of 7 guys." Hyomin said, sighing as Jiyeon hugged her tightly in rejoice.

 

7:00 p.m. In Infinite's Dorm

 

Jiyeon and Hyomin stood outside the dorm, as Jiyeon took a huge breath in, mustered all the courage and knocked onto the door slowly. The door opened after awhile and Hoya appeared.

"Oh, you're here already." Hoya said, while smiling brightly. Jiyeon nodded her head and Hyomin greeted the members and ran towards Woohyun, in which Woohyun hurriedly dragged her inside his room to prevent being known by other members.

"Yeah... so actually I am looking for Myungsoo-sshi." Jiyeon said.

"I knew it. You..." Hoya said but was interrupted by Jiyeon.

"Yah, we're just friends." Jiyeon denied.

Hoya smirked and nodded his head in defeat. "Alright, alright. You guys are just close friends right? I heard that a lot. Anyway, he's out to grab some ice cream at Baskin Robbins down the street." Hoya stated.

Jiyeon nodded her head and bid farewell before going to find Myungsoo at the ice cream parlour.

Jiyeon then ran inside, and saw Myungsoo ordering an ice cream at the counter. Jiyeon, secretly tip-toed her way beside him. He was still unaware of her presence, and continued pointing to the flavours, while the other hand was in his pockets. 

"'Excuse me, I would also add another coconut 1-scoop ice cream together please!~" Jiyeon said. 

Myungsoo turned around and widened his eyes. "Y.You.." He said.

Jiyeon smiled brightly as Myungsoo smirked and nodded his head. The staff made both of their ice cream and handled over the cones of ice cream to both of them. Myungsoo handled over a cash note and Jiyeon handled another cash note to the cashier.

"Pay separately." Jiyeon said as Myungsoo looked at her in disbelief. The cashier returned both of them the change for their ice cream and Jiyeon skipped her way to an empty table at one lonely corner of the ice cream parlour.

"Why sit in some isolated corner when the ice cream parlour is just the two of us?" Myungsoo said, walking towards the table.

"Just... because we're idols." Jiyeon said, smiling.

"Whatever. You're so cautious." Myungsoo said, sitting directly across her. He then began to take out his book. The same photography book as yesterday. 

"You really are into photography, aren't you?" Jiyeon asked.

"mmm yeah." Myungsoo replied back.

Jiyeon and Myungsoo remained at that position, Myungsoo engrossed in reading his photography book while Jiyeon looked at him in awe. Myungsoo continued ignoring her glance as he flipped through the pages, while Jiyeon looked elsewhere at the cafe.

"Don't you have anything to do?" Myungsoo muttered.

"A...ani. I didn't brought my book or phone here. It's with Hyomin unnie." Jiyeon murmured in reply.

"Gosh, you really... You gotta bring them next time, knowing you'd be in a cafe and you will have nothing to do as to pass time." Myungsoo instructed her as Jiyeon pouted and nodded her head.

"You're cute." Myungsoo suddenly blurted it out.

Jiyeon looked at him with her eyes widened in shock. Myungsoo smirked and repeated, "I said you're cute, haven't you heard any other people tell you that? Why are you so surprised?" 

Jiyeon smiled and thanked him, while continuing to her ice cream.

"Hurry up and eat. I know you're sooner or later going to die out of boredom here if this drags on." Myungsoo said as Jiyeon followed by his instructions and hurriedly finished up her ice cream.

"Where are we going afterwards then?" Jiyeon asked as she munched on her ice cream.

"Somewhere to pass time I guess. There's some shops here, we can do some window shopping." Myungsoo said. 

"But, aren't you afraid of being caught in the public?" Jiyeon asked.

"I brought my sunglasses and a cap for a reason." Myungsoo said, showing her his sunglasses and cap from his bag. 

"Alright, seems like you were prepared. But I ain't prepared at all." Jiyeon said, sulking.

"I won't let anyone capture your shots, so believe in me." Myungsoo said in an annoyed tone.

Jiyeon smiled upon hearing those words. "Alright then." Jiyeon said in reply.

Myungsoo stared at her in disgust as he handled her a tissue. "You cant eat ice cream for nuts, you got ice cream all over your face. It's dripping." Myungsoo said. 

Jiyeon grabbed it and tried wiping it away, she then asked, "Is it fine now?" 

Myungsoo smiled and laughed at her. "Let me help you with it. You're bad at this." Myungsoo as he wiped the ice cream off her face. "You need to take lessons in self-independence and self-living." Myungsoo added on, causing Jiyeon to sulk at him and kicked his leg.

"Yah!" Myungsoo groaned in pain.

"Whatever, Myungsoo-sshi. You can't drink alcohol for nuts either." Jiyeon retorted back.

"You can't too. Look at what you end up being all drunk. We had..." Myungsoo said but Jiyeon gasped and kicked his leg harder.

"Stop talking about that night. It was a freaking mistake, arraso?!" Jiyeon, with her dominance, yelled at her softly.

Myungsoo were left whincing in pain as he groaned and nodded his head in defeat. 

Myungsoo soon finished up his ice cream, while Jiyeon was still munching on his ice cream. "Bring it along the streets. Let's go. I don't have time for you to continue eating here until you finish it." Myungsoo said as he stood up and packed his stuff in his bag.

"Arra arra, whiny Myungsoo." Jiyeon said.

"So you dropped your formalities." Myungsoo said, smirking at her.

"We are friends, aren't we?" Jiyeon said, looking at him while blinking his eyes continuously.

"Alright. If you say so." Myungsoo said as he smiled at her like an angel.

They have broke the ice created that night, and became friends just like that.


 

So flufffffy.

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!