Final

The Painting

 

 

` (    fridayiu    )

final

 

 

 

18 year old Lee Mirae is sitting quietly in the car with her sketchbook . It is the day where she moves to a new town . She would be in a new town and meeting new people . She didn't really like the idea of meeting new people and adapting in new surrounding .

She didn’t want to move but her parent’s insisted . She loves her old place as the place has the best scene , a mesmerizing and intoxicating view . She didn’t have a lot of friends . To be exact she didn't have any friends , she spent 17 years painting and drawing . She was an outcast in her old school but she still loves that place .

She knew that she will be an outcast at her new school . She doesn’t smile nor laugh nor even got angry . People never saw her expressing her feelings since she was 7 . She would always put on a blank , poker , cold face and aura . No one dares to get closed to her .

She is rich , very rich but she never cares about the money . She is pretty , not pretty but amazingly stunning— lips as red as rose , hair as black as coal and skin as white as the snow . Boys swoon over her while girls drilled imaginary holes on her face . They hated her for being unfriendly , not that she didn’t try to be friendly . They had outcast her from the first day .

With no friends to talk , she expresses her feelings through drawings . She is an amazing painter and drawer . She draws and paint beautifully .

The first day she step on her new school , people passes by whispering and talking about her . She was brought to her class by the headmistress .

“Miss Lee , you may go in .” The headmistress said as she opened the door of her class . Her classmate look at her curiously .

“Alright class , you know that we have a new student . Here she is , please introduce yourself Miss Lee .” Her homeroom teacher , Mr Song said .

 “Annyeonghaseyo , Lee Mirae ibnida .” She said as she bowed down a little bit with her blank , poker , cold face . Her classmates were now whispering , the girls mocking her while the boys talk about her pretty face , her slender body and her long legs .

“Treat her nicely guys . Miss Lee , you may take a seat now .” Mr Song said . She bowed to him and went to the back of the class . Boys that has empty seats , called for her while the girls throw invisible daggers to her .

She ignore them as she took a seat beside the window . Unknowingly someone was watching her throughout the day .

Luckily the first day of school was on Friday , she had the weekend to roam the neighbourhood for her to find a place that was suitable for her to draw the scenery . She couldn’t deny that the neighbourhood was actually pretty .

The town wasn't filled with building but instead the town was surrounded by trees and pretty flowers but the town wasn’t as beautiful as her old place , her hometown— well that was what she thought.

School ended as she texted her driver that she would be coming home late and she would be walking around the town for a while . She walk out of her class , holding her sketchbook . She didn’t realize that someone was watching her , the person was rather a he as his eyes followed her figure out of the class .

He stood up from his seat and went out of the class , following her . She put on her headphones as she played her favourite songs . She walk out of the school compound .

She slowly walk through the pavements , as she look around searching for a place . Still unknowingly the guy was following her . As she was walking , her eyes suddenly look into the woods as she suddenly turn right and headed to the woods .

It can't be her right ? Same name , same face and same attitude . Everything is the same . The guy who followed her thought .

She went into the woods as she walk a little bit deeper , she suddenly ended in a field . It was filled with small flowers . The scene was pretty especially when the sun is setting down . She couldn’t believe what she was seeing .

“It’s beautiful .” She said out loud as a smile was formed on her face .

Same smile . The guy thought as he saw her sitting down .

“I hope that no one hangs around here .” She whisper as she open her sketchbook and start to draw the scene . She was too immersed in her drawing that she didn’t realized someone was watching her and it’s getting darker .

When her surrounding gets darker she stop drawing as she stood up and dusted her pants .

It’s getting late . Mom would get mad . She thought as she walk out of the woods calmly and headed home .

-----

Three months passes by since she had found the meadow , she would go there after school and on the weekend she would go there early in the morning . She would spent most of her time there .

The guy still follows her as he couldn’t get enough of her and she resembles someone that he knows . He had to see her though she’s his classmate . He wanted to talk to her or at least for her to notice him . She never seems to be bother about the surrounding .

She wasn’t even concentrating in class though during the exams and quizzes that was held , she always place first in place .

Today was like any normal day , she would go to the meadow field and start drawing . He would look at her from a far .

He also had decided that he would go and talk to her . He slowly walk towards her and towered her causing her to be covered by a shadow .

She stare up and lock her eyes on a boy . She just gave him a blank stare before looking back at her sketchbook .

“I’m Kim Junmyeon but you can call me Suho .” The boy said as he smiled at her .

“Oh okay .” She said without even looking at him . Somehow in her head , she find that name familiar .

“I’m your classmate .” He said .

“So ?” She asked while focusing on her sketchbook .

“So I was thinking if we can be friends .” He asked .

Friends .. Friends .. That one word just froze her .

“F-friends ? What is that ?” She asked as her hands tremble .

“Friends as in you and me getting along together , sharing story and hanging out .” He said .

“Oh that . I don’t need one .” She said with a cold tone as she slipped her hair back her ear .

“Why ?” He asked as he stare at her perfect looks as the sun radiates on her .

“Just because .” She said .

“Then let’s be friends .” He said as he plopped beside her .

“I don’t want to .” She said .

“Please .. It won’t hurt to have one .” He said as rub his palm together .

“Why would I ?” She asked as she stop drawing , closes her sketchbook and look at him .

“Just because . Oh and do you know you have pretty eyes .” He said , staring into her eyes .

She didn’t know why or even how but she was trapped in his dark brown eyes .  She soon blink back her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows .

“You’re so cute .” He said as he pinched her cheeks causing her to groan . She slap his hand away coldly and stood up .

Without saying a word , she left the field and walk back home .

“See you tomorrow my love .” He said with a smile .

It's her . It really is her . 

What is he thinking ?! Ughh ! She groaned as she stomped her way back home .

She lay down on her bed as she stare at the ceiling .

Suho … Suho … She didn’t know why but she kept on chanting his name on her mind . She didn’t know why but she can’t stop thinking about his dazzling dark brown eyes .

"Kim Junmyeon ." She said . Somehow the way her tongue rolled when she said that name felt familiar . She felt like she had heard that name somewhere but she couldn't point it where or when .

She kept on thinking about him until drowsiness took over her and went to dreamland .

The next day she woke up still thinking about him . Everywhere she went , his voice will ring in her head and images of his dazzling dark brown eyes would appear . It was like she was enchanted by him .

She went to school as usual , people whispering and checking her out . She went to her class and sat at her desk . She took out her sketchbook and start to draw something random .

She didn’t know how but after she finished the sketch , she look at the sketch and there it was the dazzling dark brown eyes on her sketchbook . She had just sketch his eyes , his dazzling dark brown eyes . Though it still needed some colour .

The teacher came in and start the lessons . She couldn’t care less about what the teacher is talking in front and stare out of the window .

She was in her own thoughts that she didn’t even heard the teacher call her name . The teacher soon came to her table and hit her table with the history book . She got caught off and jumped a little bit but soon she turn around to face the teacher with a blank face .

“Miss Lee , mind explain what I just said ?” The teacher ask with while giving her a glare .

She nodded as she started to tell back what the teacher had just told . The teacher was caught off and cleared his throat before walking back in front .

“I must warn you Miss Lee . Do that again and you’ll be in detention .” The teacher said as she nodded and said sorry .

She turn around and there it is , the dazzling dark brown eyes looking at her with smile plastered on his face . She quickly face the teacher back and concentrate on the class .

Soon the day ended as she walk out of the school when someone called her .

“Lee Mirae !”

She ignored it as she continue walking out of the school and went to the field . She sat down at her usual place and took out her sketchbook .

“Hi Mirae !” Suho said as he sat down beside her .

She look up and saw that eyes and that smile . Somehow her heart suddenly races for him . It was beating crazily for him and she didn't know why did her heart react this way to him .

“What are you drawing ?” He ask in his usual cheerful voice .

“Something .” She said as she flipped through her sketchbook to find an empty page but was left with nothing . Her sketchbook was filled with drawings and the last page was the one where she draw his eyes .

“Wow . You’re really good . Who’s eyes is that ?” He asked , making her jump a little bit . She quickly close her sketchbook and place it in her backpack .

I have to buy a new one . She thought as she just stare at the beautiful view in front of her . Memorizing it so that she could draw it later or even paint it .

She soon closes her eyes letting the sun heat grazes her skin . Suho suddenly hum to a song and she find it calm as she slowly fall to sleep .

“She doesn't remember me .” He said as he places her head on his shoulder . He pushes her hair that is falling on her face and observe her .

Same long eyelashes . He let his fingertips touch her eyelashes .

Same smooth skin . His fingers ran through her smooth cheeks . He smile .

Same red kissable lips . His thumb ran through her lips and he peck her lips .

-----

Why does it feel so calm and soothing? Who is that ? She thought as she tried to look at the figure in front of her .

“Hey , who are you ?” She ask loudly .

“Someone .” The guy said as he slowly walk further away from her .

“Don’t go ! Please don’t go !” She plea as she held her hand to reach the guy but he was going farther from her .

-----

She woke up from her sleep and felt something heavy on her head , she also felt something or rather someone was holding her hand . She look at her hand and found someone hands on her .

Her eyes shot wide open as she remember that he was there with her . She quickly push him off her causing him to fall to the side .

“Ouch .” He winced in pain as he slowly sat up back .

“I’m sorry .” She said as she quickly went to him and help him up .

“It’s okay .” He said as he hold her hand and stare into her eyes .

She wanted to look away but she was enchanted by his dazzling dark brown eyes . She couldn’t look away , she’s trapped in his eyes . His dark brown eyes .

“Mirae-ah.. I miss you .” He said as he hug her . Her body tensed at the sudden contact . “I miss you so much .” He continue as he hug her even tighter as he inhaled her scent .

“W-what do you mean ? Do I know you ?” She asked , she was completely flustered . She didn’t know why but her eyes started to get teary and she suddenly hug him back . She felt like a missing piece of puzzle has been completed .

“Mirae-ah , don’t you remember me ?” He asked as he pull her out of the hug .

“W-who are you ?” She asked as a tear drop from her eyes .

Suho wiped her tear off and gave her a smile .

“You don’t remember me .. Of course .” He said as his smile suddenly turns into a weak smile .

“I never met you but why do I feel like something missing has been completed ? Why does it feel so right with you ? Why am I so comfortable with you when I just knew you ?” She asked as tears trickle down her cheeks .

“Don’t cry .” He said as he kisses her forehead while he wiped her tears with his thumb and she closes her eyes . He then kisses both of her eyelid . His thumb caressed her cheeks as he look at her lovingly . She slowly open her eyes and look at him .

“A-are you someone important to me ?” She asked as she stare into his dark brown eyes .

“Yes . Yes I am and you are also important to me .” He said as he hug her back .

“I don’t know who you are but I felt complete with you .” She said as she hug him back . Her heart is beating crazily for him . She didn't know why but she love the feeling of being in his arms . It made her felt safe and secured .

“It’s okay if you can’t remember . I’ll help you remember everything .” He said as he pull her out of the hug and gave her a smile .

She nodded at him and hug him again . She didn’t know who he is but with his touch she felt warmness filling inside of her . His voice is like music to her ears . His smile is like the sweetest medicine . His eyes is like the prettiest painting that she would ever want to paint .

“Now , let’s get you back home .” He said as he took her hand and intertwined it . He pull their hands up and kiss the back of her hand .

“I need to go somewhere first .” She said as she gave him a smile .

“You finally smile . It’s been a while since I last saw your smile . Smile often okay ?” He said as he kiss her nose .

She also didn’t know why she didn’t  push him off when he kisses her . She didn’t know why but his kisses just comfort her . 

“Just for you .” She said as she smile at him brightly .

“Now where do you want to go ?” He asked as he took her out of the field and walk on the pathway holding her hand tightly .

“To a bookstore . I need to buy a new sketchbook .” She said .

“Alright then , to the bookstore we go .” He said .

Both of them walk to the bookstore and bought the sketchbook , he sent her home and kissed her goodbye .

“See you tomorrow at school .” He said as he sent her inside with his eyes .

My heart is beating unusually . She thought as she place her hand over her chest as she felt her heart beating fast .

“Kim Junmyeon , who are you actually ? Why do I feel complete ?” She asked out loud .

“Did you say something dear ?” Her mother ask .

“No mom .” She said as she went upstairs to her room .

I want to paint him . She thought as she went to the garage and took out some wood that can be used to make a canvas .

She made a big canvas and brought it upstairs to her study room . More like painting room since it’s filled with drawings and paintings . She place it at an empty spot and went back to her room .

She took a quick shower and went to eat for dinner . After dinner she instantly went back to her painting room . She pick up her pencil and start to sketch him . She started to sketch the outline of his face to his neck and his body . She tried to place in as much details as she can remember about him .

As she slowly sketches him , her heart suddenly hurts , her breathing slowly getting short and her chest felt stuffy as her pencil falls down and she clutches her chest . Screaming in pain , her parent came into the room seeing her on her knees while holding her chest .

“What’s wrong Mirae ?” Her mother ask .

“Mom , it hurts .” She said as a tear roll down her cheeks .

Her father quickly pick her up and took her to her room . He places her on her bed as he tucked her in .

“It’s going to be fine Mirae . Just closed your eyes and sleep .” Her father said as he brush her hair with his hand .

Soon she fall asleep and the pain subside .

-----

She was walking in the woods , it’s the woods that she used to go before she moves here . She went further and deeper in the woods . She suddenly saw a man’s back . She tried to reach the guy out but the guy suddenly seem so far from her .

“Wait . Don’t go .” She said as she chases him but he went farther and deeper into the woods .

“Don’t go . Please ..” She plea as tears rolled down her cheeks .

“Don’t go .” She sob as she fall on her knees .

“Mirae-ah , remember . Please remember .” A voice said . She turn around trying to find the man’s voice but found no one .

“Remember back Mirae-ah .” The voice said again .

“Remember what ? Come out . Don’t leave me alone .” She said as tears brimmed around her eyes .

She fell down on her knees and a tear rolled down on her cheeks . Her head suddenly hurts and everything suddenly went pitch black .

-----

She shot up from her bed as a tear roll down her cheek .

“What was that ?” She asked herself as she place her hand on her chest feeling like a lump in it .

She look at the clock on the wall and saw it was only 3 a.m. she lay back on her bed as she closes her eyes and fall back to sleep .

-----

She came out of her house and found him waiting for her .

“Hi .” He said as he wave at her and gave her a smile .

“Hi .” She said and smile at him . She went towards him and he intertwined their hands and walk to school .

As she arrives at school , other people starts to whisper . Not because of her looks or her body or even her attitude but because she was walking in school with Suho and she is even smiling . The president of the student council and not to forget the most wanted boy by the girls in the school his holding hands with the outcast and she's smiling .

Basically the girls were throwing daggers to her . Poison daggers to be exact . While the boys were cursing at him and saying how lucky is he .

“Everybody’s looking at us .” She said as she quickly put on her usual expression . He stop walking and turn her around to face him .

“Ignore them and just focus on me . Okay ?” He said as he kissed her cheeks , making her blush .

“Okay .” She said as they went into class and sat at their own table .

-----

Three months passes by , she is now in her painting room . She tried to continue the painting but every time she tries to remember the details , her heart would somehow ache . She still doesn’t remember exactly who Suho is but they somehow became close and ended up as a couple .

She loves him and he loves her . He tried everything he could to make her remember .

Her heart was aching as she clutches her chest in pain , something suddenly struck her head . Memories about the past , the past that she never know exist .

“Lee Mirae , I love you .”

“I love you too Kim Junmyeon .”

“I never said that before but what was that ?” She said as tears suddenly fall down , her heart hurts even more and her head starts to remember something else . The pain in her chest was unbearable that her mind starts to remember everything that she had forgotten .

“Mirae-ah , don’t leave me . Don’t go . I can’t lose you .”

“I’m sorry but I can’t do anything . I don’t want to leave you . I love you so much .”

“What is that ? What is happening ? Why do I never remember that ?” She asked herself . Starting to get scared at what she was seeing in her head . Her breathing got slower and her chest felt stuffy .

“Lee Mirae , be my girlfriend ?”

“What ?!”

“Be mine . I love you . I always had . Always will . So will you ?”

“Why wouldn’t I ? I love you too . Always had . Always will .”

By that her vision gets blurry and everything went pitch black . Her parent wasn’t home as they had some business to do . No one was home as she lied in the painting room , alone in cold , in pain .

-----

“Why isn’t she answering ? She always answer it instantly even if she’s drawing .” Suho said as he pace back and forth in his room . He call her again and it went in her voicemail .

He texted her and called her several times .

“I hope nothing wrong happened .” Suho said as he look at his phone . He smile looking at his wallpaper .

-----

“Mirae , we’re home !” Her mother said as she went inside the house and places the groceries in the kitchen .

“Dear , why is the house sound so quiet ? Is Mirae not at home ?” Her mother asked .

“I don’t know . Let’s check on her room .” Her father said . Both of them went upstairs to her room and saw it empty . They then went to her painting room , her mother jaw’s drop as she saw her lying down on the floor .

“Mirae !” Her mother yelled as she went to her side and tried to wake her up .

“Darling ! Call the ambulance ! Quick !” Her mother yelled as she tried to wake her up . She slap her face slowly , trying to wake her up . Her face is getting paler , beads of sweats coming out from her forehead , her lips is in blue and purple .

Her father called the ambulance and after 5 minutes they arrived . They entered the house as they went upstairs to where she is . They places her on the bed stroller as they brought her to the ambulance .

-----

Suho was walking around the neighbourhood when he saw an ambulance went pass him .

“Is someone hurt ?” He said as he look at the ambulance and then there it is . He saw the ambulance stop in front of her house .

“Mirae.. It can’t be .” He said as he quickly ran to her house . As he arrives , there she is lying on the bed stroller .

“Mirae !” He yelled as he went to her but was pulled away from her father .

-----

“Junmyeon ?” Her father asked .

“Hi , Mr Lee.” He said .

“Ahhh Kim Junmyeon … Come let’s go .”’ Her father said as he brought Suho to the car . Her mother had went in the ambulance with her .

“What are you doing here Junmyeon ?” Her father asked .

“Mom and dad moved here so I just follow them .” He said . “What is wrong with Mirae ? What happened when she left ?” He asked .

“Nothing’s wrong . She’s just dehydrated .” Her father lied .

“Ahh okay .” He said . He wasn't convince with what her father told him but he didn't want to push it further 

“So when did you move here ?” Her father asked .

“A month after you and your family move .” He said .

“Hmm I see . Promise me one thing Junmyeon .” Her father said as he stop in front of his house .

“We’re not going to the hospital ?” He asked .

“No . I want you to stay away from Mirae .” Her father said .

“W-what ?!” He asked .

“Stay away from my daugther or I’m going to take her away .” Her father said with a stern voice .

“Why ? Why do I have to stay away ?” He asked as tears threatened to come out of his eyes .

“You’re no good for my daughter Junmyeon .” Her father said .

Suho froze at her father’s word .

“You can choose . Stay away or I’ll take her away .”  Her father continue .

“I-I will stay away . Just don’t move again .” He answered .

“Good boy .” Her father said .

Suho got out of the car and look at her father’s car .

“I hope you kept your promise Junmyeon .” Her father said as he drove off to the hospital .

-----

Months passes by , Mirae went to school as usual but Suho never waited for her anymore . At school , Suho ignored her . She felt like something big had left her , she couldn’t stand it . Every night she would went to her painting room and sketch him .

After the incident where she fainted , she remembers everything . She remembered who Suho is but when she wanted to talk to Suho , he would just ignore her . She didn’t know what happened or why Suho ignore her but the worse thing was that her movement is getting weaker , her heart would hurt sometimes , her breathing will become unsteady .

She started to remember every detail of Suho . She sketch the outline of his face , eyes , nose , eyebrows , lips and hair .

Day by day , the painting is coming to live as the empty canvas slowly filled with sketches and gradually filled with colours . She remembered how his dazzling dark brown eyes look at her , his plump lips touches her cheeks . She remembered .

Her heart start to ache again , she couldn’t take it anymore . She went for a check up , the doctor told her that she have a heart failure but the doctor said that if she wanted to survive she have to go to the states to get a surgery .

“Myeonie … I have to leave you again but this painting isn’t complete yet ..” She said as she felt the incomplete painting with her fingertips .

A tear slipped off her eyes as she called his name over and over again .

-----

“Yah ! Mirae is transferring !” Her classmate , Jongmin said .

“What ?!” All the boys ask with a shock face . The girls were shock but they were happy that she’s leaving .

While Suho freeze at his seat . He didn’t know what to react , her father had promise that he won’t take her away from him if he kept away from her .

Why is Mr Jung doing this ? I already did what he asked for .. He thought .

“Are you serious ?” Her other classmate ask .

“Yes . I went to the office and there she is handing her transfer form .” Jongmin said .

Mirae soon came in as she went to her seat , not even taking a glance to her classmates that is looking at her .

“Mirae-ssi , you’re transferring ?” Her classmate; Chunji that is in front of her asked . She only nodded and took out her book for the first lesson .

-----

After school ended she went to the field that she always went to with Suho . She sat at their usual place and stare at the pretty flowers .

“I’m going to miss you Kim Junmyeon .” She said with a smile and teary eyes .

“I’m going to miss you ..” She said as she brought her legs to her chest .

“Really really miss you .” She said as she finally cry her heart out .

“Mirae ?” A voice call out .

She stop crying and look up to see Suho looking at her with a sad face . She didn’t say anything as she instantly hug him and cry , making his shirt wet with her tears .

“You’re leaving ? Why ?” He asked with a staggered voice , trying to hold his tears back .

“Why did you ignore me ? Why ?” She said as she hit his chest while crying .

“I’m sorry ..” He said as he held both of her wrist .

“I’m sorry .” He said again . He let her wrist go and cupped her face .

“I’m sorry …” He said as he kissed her forehead .

He repeated that again and kisses her teary eyes , nose , cheeks and lastly her lips . He kissed her lips softly and slowly .

“I’m really sorry .” He said as he pull away from her lips . She felt her eyes getting even teary as she cry even harder . He notice that her red lips is pale , her skin is getting paler .

Why do you look like you're sick ? He asked her in his mind as he pull her in a hug , letting her tears drenched his shirt .

She cry and cry . He tried to stop her from crying but that end with no result . She couldn’t take it anymore .

She was leaving anyway . She was leaving him again and that pained her . She might come back or maybe she won’t come back . She didn’t know if she’ll survive the surgery . She didn’t know and that scared her .

She is afraid of leaving him again . She is afraid of forgetting him again . She is afraid of feeling clueless about him . She is afraid of feeling empty again . She is afraid of everything that involves losing him .

She ran back home , leaving him at the field . Yes she is weak but she didn't know where she got the energy to ran away from him . He ran for her , shouting her name over and over again but she just kept on and never look back . If she see him again , she’ll cry and she won’t leave him .

The next two day she spent her day at her house , packing her stuff for the states . Every clothes and stuffs she packs she would let a tear slip off . Her mother went into her room and look at her with pain and sadness .

"Mirae , I'll pack it for you . Go and rest somewhere ." Her mother said as she brushes her hair . She look up to her mother and went out off her room .

She went inside her painting room , slowly . As soon as the door open , her eyes landed on the incomplete painting .

“I hope that I'll be able to finish this today and gave it to him .” She said as a tear rolled down on her cheeks .

She wiped the tear off and went to the table in the room . She took out a piece of paper and start to write a letter for him .

 

Myeonie ,

                How are you doing ? I'm sure you're doing fine . By the time you get this letter I’ve move out or worse , I'm not in Korea anymore . I’m sorry that I didn’t picked up your call or reply to your text messages . I don’t know why you avoided me but I always wanted to tell you that I remembered . I remembered you . I remembered how important you are to me . I remembered how much I love you . I remembered how we used to play together . I remembered everything Myeonie . Everything and now I’m leaving . I didn’t even get to tell you that I remembered . Myeonie , I’m afraid . I’m scared . I’m terrified . Why ? I might not be in this world anymore . I’m moving to the States for a surgery and I might not survived . I’m scared Myeonie . I wished you were beside me to comfort me , to be with me when I went in for the surgery , to be there when I wake up , to be always with me . I’m sorry that I ran away that day , I just couldn’t look at you or I won’t let you go . I won’t be able to stop crying .

Myeonie … I made this for you . I hope you love the painting . If I never came back just know that I love you Myeonie . I love you so much Kim Junmyeon . Goodbye my love , my guardian , my light .

Lee Mirae

Tears were dripping , wetting the letter a bit and making the writing smudge . She folded the letter and places it in a light blue envelope . She wrote his name on it and places the letter on the table . She decided that she will finished the painting today , no matter what .

She picked up her brush and start to paint the canvas back . by filling the canvas with more colours , making it lively . The painting slowly came to life by every that she made . She finishes the painting as she took a few steps back and observes the painting .

“It’s perfect … Just like you Myeonie .” She said as a tear rolled down on her rosy cheeks .

She wrapped the painting and stick the letter on the painting . She look out of her window and notice that it was night . She took a glance at the clock and saw it was actually 4 in the morning .

“He’s asleep .. I can send it now .” She said , she took the painting and brought it out . Step by step , she gradually came closer to his house . She look at the house and notice that there isn’t a light . She walk up to the front porch and sat the painting beside the door . She was panting and she could feel her heart slowly beating . She place a hand on the wall , trying to catch her breath back . 

After she felt like her heart is stable she walk back to the front yard and take a glance at the painting .

“Goodbye Kim Joonmyeon .” She said with a small smile and start to walk back home . Carrying the painting had took her energy . She felt like falling down right now and there but she kept on moving . Thunders and lightning was heard and rain starts to pour down .

It’s like they understand my feeling . She thought as she cried . She arrives home with wet clothes and hair . She went to her room and took a quick shower . She changed into a new clothes . She saw the clock and knew that her flight is in two hours .

“Mirae , you ready ?” Her father asked from the outside .

“Yes dad .” She said as she went out of her room .

“We should go now , the flight is leaving in 2 hours .” Her mother said .

“Okay .” She said .

They went into the car and headed to the airport . All the time she was looking out of the window , watching the rain hitting the window .

-----

Twenty minutes left before she get on board . By now he must have woken up or one of his parent would have got out for work and saw gift .

"You ready ?" Her father asked .

"Yeah ." She weakly smile as her father held her hand and brought her to the security . He handed them their passports and tickets as they check their luggage . She take one last look at the back and softly smile , whispering , "Goodbye Kim Junmyeon ." A tear rolled down her cheeks as she face back in front and went ahead with her father to the airplane .

-----

Suho woke up from his sleep when his mother woke him up .

“Joonmyeon , wake up dear .” His mother said as she shook his body lightly .

“Five more minutes mom .” He said as he pull the cover up to his face .

“You better get your lazy up or I’ll drenched you with cold water .” His mother said .

“Alright . Alright .” He said as he sat up and rub his sleepy eyes . His eyes wandered around for a moment before he saw a big wrapped gift beside his study table .

“Mom , what’s that ?” He asked as he squint his eyes to get a better look at the handwriting that is on the letter .

“I don’t know . Your father were going out and saw this with a letter that has your name so he brought it to your room .” His mother said .

“Oh okay .” He said and got out of his bed . He went to the gift and take a closer look at the letter that was attached with it .

“Breakfast is prepared . I’ll be going to work now .” His mother said before going out of the room .

“Kim Joonmyeon .” He read the name on the letter . His forehead furrowed as he tried to remember whose handwriting it is .

He pull the letter off the gift and open it . He slowly unfold the letter and read it out loud .

“Myeonie ..” He read . No one calls me that except her … Except her … It can’t be . He thought as he traces the handwriting . It’s hers .. It’s her handwriting !  He thought as he remembered who it is .

He quickly read the content of the letter , he notices the smudges on the letter and he couldn’t help but cry as he slowly read the letter . He can imagine her hand shaking while writing the letter .

“She’s leaving again … She’s leaving me again …” He said as he d the letter tightly before running out of the house . He went to her house and knock the door furiously .

“Mirae ! Mirae-ah !!” He yelled as he continuously knock the door . He gave up and quickly went to the sidewalk . He notice a taxi and stop the taxi .

“To the airport !” He yelled .

Please don’t go yet . Please don’t go . He chanted those words over and over again . As he reached the airport , he just gave the driver an amount of who knows how much money he gave . He just didn’t care as he sprinted in the airport .

He ran around as he screamed her name , his eyes wandered looking for her figure . His legs gave up on him as he fall on his knees . People were looking at him weirdly and he was shouting her name .

“Mirae-ah !!” He yelled as he had his head down , tears flowed down and hit the floor .

You can’t leave me again . You can’t .. He thought as his hands formed into a fist , he was shaking and his knuckles were turning white . He cried while saying her name over and over again , hoping that she’s still here . 

My baby … My sunshine … My soul … Why are you leaving me again ? He said in his mind as he clenched his shirt and cry .

Hours pass by and he was still at the airport , kneeling , crying and wailing . One of the workers at the airport knew him and instantly call his friends .

Another hour pass by and his friends came running to him .

“Hyung ! Are you okay ?” One of his friends ask as he held his arm trying to get him up .

“I’m okay .” He said as he push his friend away and stood up but his legs were too weak and he was about fall back down when one of his friends caught him .

“You’re not okay . Let’s get you back home .” His friend said as he put Suho’s arm around his neck and walk him to their cars . He got in and stare out of the window .

You’re gone again my love … He said in his mind as a tear roll down on his cheek .

“Hyung , she’ll come back .” His friend said as he held Suho’s shoulder , assuring him that everything’s fine and she’ll be back .

“I wish .” Suho said .

-----

Suho got back home with his friends help , they brought him to his room . He saw the gift that she left for him . He quickly went to the gift as he tear the wrapper , he took a step back and he saw a painting of him . Suho eyes got teary as he fall back down on his knees .

“Mirae …” He said as a tear rolled down his cheeks .

“Hyung … It’s beautiful .” One of his friend said and the others nodded .

“It is .” He said with a shaking voice . He stood up and went closer to the painting , he traces the painting , feeling the dried paint on his fingertips . He could clearly see how her face look like as her eyebrows furrowed trying to make the painting perfect . He look at every that she made with her brush .

“It’s beautiful my sunshine .” He said as a smile spread on his face .

“I’ll wait for you my sunshine .” He said again .

“Guys ..” He called them out .

“Yes Hyung/Suho .” They answered .

“Help me framed this .. I want to hang it up on my room .” He said .

“Sure Suho .” His friend said as he slung an arm over Suho's shoulder and softly grip his shoulder .

The painting has been frame and it is now hanging in his room . The painting that she thought she couldn't finished it is now hanging up on his room . The painting that she gave to him as her last girft of unsure whether she'll make it or not . The painting that would always remind him of her even though it's a painting of him .

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE : Finally ! I'm done with this ! Do you guys have any idea what happened last night ? I was about to post it up and do you know what happene d?! The freaking internet just disappoint me and everything went missing so I have to start writing some parts back and it's not as perfect as before . Not that the previous one is perfect but it was better than this , I think so . I almost throw my laptop yesterday . Haha . Anyway I hope that this is fine . Leave a comment on your thoughts . I love reading what you thought about this story . 

21/12/2013

 

credits to fallen angel