oo3

The Ice Gal and The Arrogant Boy

 

   “Wait, what?”  Myung Soo looked astonished, deadpan.

  “I made a contract with Mr Nam. You heard it right.” Mr Kim cared to repeat for his son to fully understand what he had done. 

  “I can't believe it. You put me into this without my consent?! What did you think you were doing, Father?” Myung Soo exploded in anger, and could not contain his cursing words in front of his father from coming out of his mouth.

  “Kim. Myung. Soo. I dare you using that tone of voice before me, again.” Mr Kim's threat was beyond frightening, and even Myung Soo had difficulties keeping neutral his expression. However, he didn't want to lose to his father, as he considered his act to be wicked and insensitive of his personal feelings. 

  “What you've done is unfair. You can't control my life, nor can you dictate my every moves. I'm eighteen already and-” Myung Soo got cut off.

  “And what? You're eighteen, true enough, so what? What have you earned in your life? Have you done anything to deserve living in this luxuriousness?” Mr Kim nonchalantly retorted rhetorical questions. Myung Soo was left at loss of words. 

  “I.. I-” He did not know how to justify himself. There was nothing he could say to argue back. Nothing. 

  “You what, Myung Soo?” Mr Kim stared right into Myung Soo's orbites, his gaze piercing through his soul and directly reaching his heart.

  “You've exceed the limits. Going out most of the times, barely making efforts to do the homework Secretary Jang leaves you, thinking always of partying and drinking. And most of all, considering yourself already rich, powerful and capable. You've become an arrogant boy, Kim Myung Soo.” Mr Kim spat.

Myung Soo was destabilized. He took upon himself and gulped down his saliva to drench his dry throat. His trembling fingers clutched into balls, blocking the blood from circulating smoothly in his hands.

  “Do you think I will give my company to such an incompetent kid like you? You're lucky that we're blood-related, otherwise you won't even be able to have a tiny share of my legacy.” Mr Kim continued.

  “It means I will have your inheritance, anyway.” Myung Soo chose to provoke again. Nonetheless, Mr Kim remained indifferent and showed no signs of displeasure.

  “We have the same First name; it's the only reason I'm not calling you a failure.” Mr Kim's reply was like a bullet being shot right into Myung Soo's heart, making it stop throbbing for a moment. 

Failure..

Failure..

Failure..

 

The word echoed in his head. His eyes darkened. 

‘How can he say such a demeaning word about his own son?’ He stiffened. 

Myung Soo felt suffocated. Everything around him were just blurry pictures now, he couldn't see clearly. 

Myung Soo was hurt. 

He, who thought nothing could attack and even touch him, was hurt. 

Myung Soo ought to start listening and obeying his parents and stop going outside clubbing and all. It would be the normal decision of a teenage boy after being scolded like this.

But Myung Soo had something else in mind. He was thinking differently. 

His ego wasn't going to make him become wiser. 

Myung Soo had been humiliated, reduced into an useless human being by his father.

So he had to take revenge. 

‘I will.’ He smirked inwardly. ‘And that girl, Nam Heo Ni, will miserably receive the vengeance.’ 

Mr Kim walked towards the door and purposely bumped into his shoulder. He stopped before stepping out of the room.

   “Myung Soo, tomorrow, two pm at the tryst place, don't be late.” he turned his head, facing his son, “You must learn the meaning of the word humility before being thrown into the real world.” Mr Kim then went out without waiting for Myung Soo to answer back.

 

‘Myung Soo, Father was rough on you today, but what else can I do apart from being harsh and heartless to make you change? Tell me, if you know the answer. Your Mother and I hadn't been by your side to correct you when you were wrong, and complimente you when you were doing good. We should have educated you more thoroughly, we should have been here for you when needed; there's so many things we should have done for you. I was absent, as a Father, to teach you the things of life. The discussions about the stupiest matters to the most important and essential ones of a father with his son, we've never had even one. I had not completed my duty as a Father when you were younger. I'm late. Now, I can't change you anymore using the nice way, I have to be strict, mean, unfair, tough, or you will become nothing but someone without morale and education. To see you behave like this around us, talk to your Mother and me like you do, to ignore us when we call you, to never share anything with us, to never laugh before us, It's hurting and saddening me. For not being a good father to you Myung Soo, I'm sorry.’