[xiudong] north and south

Rains and Sunshines

pairing: xiudong; dongwoo || minseok


"Crap, I left my History reference book!" Dongwoo exclaims as he keeps on rummaging his backpack, and later stops after he had confirmed that the book is indeed no where to be found in the dull green sewed thick fabric. "I'm screwed. Miss Hae's long wooden ruler's so gonna kiss me. Violently." He thinks.

 

Suddenly a living tower raises his thick eyebrows, letting out his curiousity. "Yo what's up?"

 

"Huh?" Startled, Dongwoo realises that his slight agitated movements and expression are in his classmate's awareness. "Oh I forgot my History reference book." He responds, followed by a sigh escaping his mouth. "Yifan, do you perhaps have any idea if class 2-A has History in their schedule today?"

 

Yifan reminisces for a few seconds before he gives Dongwoo a reply. "Well, I saw Luhan embracing his History textbook while he was on his way to his classroom just now so, most probably?" 

 

"I'd take that as a yes." Dongwoo slaps his palms against the surface of his desk as he stands up abruptly. "I'll be right back!" Apprising Yifan, he quickly storms out of his classroom.

 

Yifan doesn't feel a slight of wonder approaching him. He knows perfectly what Dongwoo's reason is.

 

===

 

Classroom 2-A is apparently the class next door, so in less than five seconds Dongwoo makes an appearance in front of the room. He carefully takes a peek at the content of the class to observe whether the teacher for the third period had already present - The coast is clear, so he quickly knocks the classroom's door and calls out "Minseok!" while making steps towards his friend, who isn't sitting that far from the entrance. "Dude do you have History today?" He shoots out.

 

"Er yes I do." Minseok answers rather confusedly.

 

Dongwoo already knew Minseok long and well enough to know that he is too conscious to forget his needs, unlike him. Therefore he immediately reveals his demand. "Quick lend me your reference book!"

 

"Uh okay wait." In the absence of further questions Minseok faces his back towards Dongwoo and swiftly takes out the required book from his backpack that he leaned against. "Here." 

 

"YES THANKS DUDE!" Dongwoo expresses as he gladly receives the book from his friend's grip. Not forgetting to disclose his sign of gratitude before exiting the white-painted room. "See you later during recess! I'll treat you!" 

 

Hearing those words from his best buddy's throat, Minseok can only shake his head a little and smile. "Like always."

 

===

 

The clock finally strikes 10 and the bell vibrates to produce ringing sounds, alerting that the fourth period is over which is also equivalent to the start of recess time.

 

Dongwoo is stacking his books for the next class on his desk, keeping in mind to bring his friend's History reference book along to return it later. Out of Dongwoo's expectation, Minseok then calmly barges into the classroom. "Hey Dongwoo! There's a new flavour of doughnut in the canteen, want to try it?"

 

"There is?" Dongwoo questions back, totally had no idea about the canteen's menu update.

 

Minseok snickers a little, while the duo forge light steps to escape the classroom. "You didn't know?" 

 

"Well now I know." Dongwoo laughs along. He isn't a picky eater hence he doesn't even wonder and bother to ask what the new flavour is before accepting Minseok's offer. "Sure, let's buy two and try them together. It's my treat!"

 

"Great!" Minseok's face brighten up.

 

Dongwoo sends his friend words of thanks while passing the reference book back to its rightful owner. "Oh here's your book. Thanks again!"

 

"Anytime!" Minseok said as the book gets into his grasp.

 

Dongwoo smirked. "By the way, I thought you went ahead earlier."

 

"Nah it's okay. It's not nice leaving a friend alone." 

 

Dongwoo can feel delightfulness filling his chest as soon as he hears that sentence. He has never attacked by regretfulness for being friends with Minseok, despite their personal traits being in contrast with each other; Dongwoo's clueless, basically careless, talkative and friendly whilst Minseok on the other hand, is completely conscious, careful, a rabbit; doesn't talk much and reserved. People typically call it opposites attract, but dubbing them in a more detailed way, they are like the south pole and the north pole in magnets; both are basically different but respectively own the ability to always stick to each other. In simple words, different yet similar.

 

"Thanks buddy."

 

 

 

 

 

 


tldr; Favourite friendship yes! Ughh they're so precious and moe and alksjflskdf negl if you observe them carefully, you would notice that they are actually different, but basically the same. The two are nice, humble, 3 in 1 (skilled in dancing, rapping and singing). But like I stated above, they have some qualities which are contradicting with each other. Minseok's careful with his words (exo st ep 12) hence why he doesn't talk much, or at all. Dongwoo's loud, but in a non-obnoxious way. And the list goes on.

 

p/s: to readers, thank you for reading, and the comments! ;A; i'll try to reply later <3 (apologies bc 3AM and blurry eyes orz)