The 21st Century

Time Traveller

Maybe he should’ve researched this a little more than he did. After all, he had never even used the time machine before, he had never even talked to someone who had, he thought it’d just be like, disappearing from one spot and appearing in another. The last thing Myungsoo expected was to suddenly appear on the roof of a large building – a school – and immediately slip.

“!” Myungsoo shouted as he immediately held on to anything he could grab at. It was like a scene from a movie. He was holding on to the edge of the roof whilst his body dangled from it. “Help!” the boy shouted, he could feel his fingers slipping.

No, it couldn’t end like this. Myungsoo didn’t want to die as soon as he had gotten to the place where he wanted (if it was the place he wanted).

Suddenly, he could hear murmurs come from below him. Moving his head ever so slightly, he saw a crowd.

Yet no one was attempting to move up and save him. Great.

Feeling his fingers slipping, Myungsoo’s breath hastened at the thought of dying. And then he fell.

All of his life’s thoughts ran through his mind. Maybe he should’ve just listened to Sungjong and stayed back at his real home. There he would’ve lived a very boring life, living under his father’s expectations of being the heir to his stupid business company, but at least he would have been alive right? Oh, he was never going to live this down. Not dying as soon as he put a foot in the 21st century.

Just as he thought he was about to ‘find the pavement’, he felt the stone cold floor to be a bit more… soft than he thought it was going to be.

Myungsoo opened his eyes and let out a groan. Sitting up, he ruffled his hair.

“Ouch…”

“You’re welcome.”

Myungsoo froze at the sudden entrance of an unknown voice. Oh… so that was why the ground was so soft, because he didn’t land on the ground at all. Looking down, he saw a very handsome boy groaning a little because of the impact. Although he wasn’t overweight, an impact like that from as high up as Myungsoo was would’ve hurt anyone.

“I’m so sorry!” The boy rambled, rolling off of him immediately and helping the boy up. The stranger was in uniform – it was rather adorable.

Quickly spotting his bag, Myungsoo grabbed it and held it in his hands.

When the other was up, he was wiping off his trousers.

“You’re lucky you didn’t die you know.” The student whispered, continuing to focus on his clothes rather than the other who was still staring at him. Myungsoo just waited for the other’s head to finally look up.

When it did, Myungsoo felt extremely judged. The other didn’t speak one word, but his eyes spoke a thousand.

His eyes were moving all over Myungsoo’s body, his lips forming a smile and a red tongue moving out to swipe along his own mouth. The time traveller gulped a little before he cleared his throat. Not that he particularly minded the look; he would just rather talk at this moment in time.

The student looked up at him and blinked a couple of times.

“Oh… um, I’m Sungyeol.” He said, and Myungsoo smiled gratefully.

“Well, Sungyeol, thank you for saving my life…” Myungsoo whispered, taking a deep breath. His body was still trembling from the fear of nearly dying. But the adrenaline also made him feel pretty fantastic. Sungyeol tilted his head a little and shrugged his shoulders, looking smug. The student moved forward and as Myungsoo looked at the ground, he felt something going over his shoulders.

Looking up, he saw that Sungyeol had removed the jacket from his own body and placed it over his own shoulders.

“Want to go inside?” Sungyeol asked, and Myungsoo blushed.

He had never had someone do something like this. Although, it might just be courtesy on his part.

Nodding, he felt Sungyeol grab his arm and pull him into the school.

“What’s your name anyway?” Sungyeol asked, smiling at the boy beside him who was slowly gathering his thoughts. Myungsoo smile and looked down at his boots, he had never been this nervous before when talking to someone else.

“Myungsoo.” He replied, looking up at the student with a smile.

They both sat down at one of the tables, Myungsoo guessed that it was apparently lunch because every other student was bustling around the place with food on their trays. He rubbed his hands together before he bit his lip. Now, he was going to have to ask a rather ‘stupid’ question, but it was a necessity.

Leaning forward, he stared into Sungyeol’s eyes and tried to ignore the other’s lustful gaze.

“Can I ask a really weird question?” he whispered, trying to not let anyone else hear their conversation.

“Of course.” Sungyeol said, smirking.

“I need you to tell me the date and year right now.” Myungsoo said, his face turning stern and serious. The other looked at him weirdly before he chuckled. Now he was looking at the other like he was a little… spacey.

“Um okay… it’s 1st December 2013.”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened. Woah, that was definitely a long time ago, but at least he reached his target. The 21st century was exactly where he wanted to go, because it was a wondrous century. The people were so free and daring. The law was scarce and freedom ruled the planet. This was exactly where he wanted to go, and he was going to have fun.

Looking up at Sungyeol who just looked rather happily confused, he stood up and put the jacket on the table.

As much as he liked the other, he didn’t particularly want to be in school again.

“Thank you Sungyeol, but I’m going to go.” He said, smiling and patting the other on the shoulder before walking through the atrium.

What he didn’t expect, was to be pulled back.

Suddenly he was pushed up right against Sungyeol who was looking at him with smug expression, shaking his head from side to side. Myungsoo’s eyes widened a little before he glanced around, noticing that some of the students were now looking at the two in a rather intimate position.

“Uh… yes?” Myungsoo said, and the other sighed.

“Look, I save your life, and you’re just planning on walking away from me?” The student pointed out, raising an eyebrow at the handsome boy. “Besides, it’s not every day that a y boy gets put on your lap – literally, I might add.”

The other blushed a little at the comments.

“Well thank you for your sweet compliments, but, I don’t want to spend the first day of my freedom in a school.” Myungsoo pointed out, patting the other’s chest.

As he waited for the other to release him, Sungyeol looked even more confused.

“Your first day of freedom? What does that mean?” he asked, and just as Myungsoo was about to talk he stopped him again. “Was that why you were trying to kill yourself?” he wondered, his eyes widening.

Myungsoo shook his head immediately.

“I wasn’t committing suicide!” He shouted, gaining a little more attention than he wanted, but he didn’t want it to look like that.

“Then what were you doing on the roof of my school?” The student asked.

“…No reason…”

Sungyeol chuckled before he put his hand on the other’s waist. He pulled him closer before leaning forward and smiling. Myungsoo stared at him with curiosity roaming his own eyes at the student’s forwardness and boldness. Both of them just stayed silent at the close proximity of their bodies before someone moved up and patted Sungyeol’s shoulder.

The student turned to see who was beside him before he chuckled.

“Uh hey Woohyun, sup?” he asked, smiling with teeth. The boy, Woohyun, turned to look at Myungsoo before going back to Sungyeol.

“What are you… uh… doing?”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes as Sungyeol just laughed nervously before he pushed the other away and suddenly took a grasp of his bag’s handle. Looking between the two, he smiled and slowly waved before he turned around and walked out of the school, ignoring the shouts behind him.

At least he had made some kind of impact on someone already. It was a good feeling – he was glad that he made sure he was dressed up before he transported here.

Oh, he was going to have a lot of fun here.


A/N: A short chapter, but I'm trying to sort out my plans for this. FIRST CONTACT IS MADE! heh.