Final

When I Was Your Man

 

 

Kyungsoo clutched the shirt in his hand. There were alcohol stains on it. ‘Where did he went to last night? ing other girls behind me?’

Kyungsoo tried to breath properly, anger started to build in him. Last night isn’t the first time that Jongin came home late. Baekhyun always tried to tell him that Jongin was having affair with someone behind him but he don’t believe it. Now, he knew that he should start hearing Baekhyun’s advices. Kyungsoo has been mocking him a few times already, but Jongin kept ignoring his words. He would came into their house in the middle of the night, tipsy and messy.

 

 

A loud bang echoed through the house. Kyungsoo woke up from his sleep, thinking that must be his husband, Kim Jongin. He ran down the stairs as the knock on the door became louder.

“Open this door quickly, yah Kyungsoo!!” Jongin frowned.

“Wait!!” Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows as he could hear Jongin muttering some words that he don’t even understand. As the door opened, a drunk guy came in.

“.” Jongin mumbled in front of him. Kyungsoo grabbed his shoulder, irritated.

“Hey Jongin, where have you been?? You’re drunk!”

“It’s not your problem!” Jongin pried his hand away.

“Yah Kim Jongin I’m your wife and I should know your whereabouts!” Kyungsoo tried to catch him again.

“Shut up will you?! Just ing mind your own business!” Jongin roared at him.

 He threw his jacket on Kyungsoo’s face. Kyungsoo breath heavily, tears began to fall from his big rounded-eyes. Jongin glared at him for a second and heading up to their room. Kyungsoo took his husband jacket on the floor, sobbing. Wiping his tears away, he’s thinking hard of Jongin’s attitude these day. ‘Does he really mad at me?’

 

 

Kyungsoo saw Jongin’s sleeping figure on the bed. He slowly approached, only to see his tired face. Kyungoo cried silently. He stepped onto the bed and get into the comforter. He turned his body to face Jongin. Kyungsoo slowly wrapped his arm around him, and snuggled into his chest. “I’m sorry but I really love you.” He whispered in tears.

 

 

 

 

Jongin rubbed his eye as he woke up, feeling tired washed over his body. He tried to stand up of the mattress, when he felt something around his waist. He opened his eyes completely and saw Kyungsoo hugging him. He looked at his face. His hand caressing Kyungsoo’s cheek, unknowingly. His eye looked sore. “Sorry for hurting you, babe.” He mumbled.

 He’s been cheating on him since he thought that Kyungsoo can’t fulfill his needs. He was confused with his own feeling. A part of him said that he doesn’t love him the way he used to, but another part of him asking to stay.  Jongin’s tears rolling down his cheek as he move closer to kiss Kyungsoo’s lips.

 

 

That morning, Kyungsoo was alone since he took a leave from his work. He worked as a singer, so he rarely stayed at home especially when he had a performance. When he was eating his breakfast alone, hi phone suddenly beeped. His best friend, Baekhyun sent him a photo. It’s Jongin and a young man, kissing at a bar. Kyungsoo’s tears dropped. He knew this thing would happen. His phone beeped again, a text from Baekhyun.

 

‘I’m sorry about that, but you really have to discuss it with Jongin. Don’t be afraid, call me if you need my help.’

 

Yes, he has to meet Jongin, he can’t hold this alone anymore. Loving someone that you trusted for years and it turns out that they cheated behind you. If Jongin really don’t love him anymore, they should settled this down right away. Kyungsoo stiffened his face, standing up from his seat. By hook or by crook, he must meet Jongin.

 

 

 

 

“Jongin, I’m pregnant!!” Sehun screamed across the room.

“What? Are you crazy?!!!” Jongin shouted back at him, grasping Sehun’s arm. He seems to battle with his inner thoughts, and push him away.

“Jongin, please don’t do this to me. I’m pregnant with your child!!” Sehun crying, holding on Jongin’s arm.

“No, no that’s not my child!” Jongin forcing himself away from Sehun’s hold until he fell down the floor. He stood up and stepped closer, clutching on Jongin’s shirt again.

“This child in yours! I swear I never sleep with anyone other of you, believe me! I can’t raise this child alone!” Sehun sobbed harder.

 

 

Kyungsoo heard everything. He saw that with his own eyes. He had been standing outside of Jongin’s office room and heard their hurtful conversation. He turned around and hung his head low. “How could you, Jongin.” Kyungsoo burst into tears. He quickly ran out of the building. He can’t face Jongin right now.

 

 

Jongin walked into the house since it’s unlocked. He tapped in weakly while pinching his throbbing head.

“You’re home.” Jongin looked up at the voice. Kyungsoo was sitting on the couch. He pretend not to hear him and proceed walking.

“I’m talking to you, Kim Jongin!” Kyungsoo stand up, he began to lost his temper. Jongin stopped walking and turned at him.

“What?!” he asked harshly.

“So, you’re happy playing with another man behind me?!” Kyungsoo scoffed.

“What the are you talking about, Do Kyungsoo?!” he muttered. Kyungsoo faked a laugh and stepped closer to him.

“Who is that Sehun guy?” he pushed Jongin’s shoulder. Jongin swallowed hard.

“How did you know him.” Jongin asked quietly, very quiet that Kyungsoo barely hear him.

“This morning! I just got to know him this morning when I went to your office!!” Kyungsoo fumed in anger. Jongin eyes widened.

“D-Do you…”

“Yes! I ing heard everything! Every single thing!” Kyungsoo can’t help but let himself cry in front of this man again. Jongin stiffened.

“He’s just..”

“Just what?! He’s pregnant with your child, for god sake. How long have you been cheating on me? How long, Jongin?!! Tell me how long?!!!! Kyungsoo screamed, shaking his shoulder hysterically.

“Stop it!!” Jongin hold Kyungsoo’s wrist tightly. Kyungsoo tried to released himself.

“Let me go!!” Kyungsoo pulled himself from Jongin’s grip.

“No! listen!!” Jongin shrieked.

“Let me go! I’m sick of you!!” Kyungsoo shouted.

“I’m sick of you too!!!” Jongin shouted back, tightened his grasp. Kyungsoo whined, tears don’t stop falling from his eyes.

“Have you ever thought why I’m being like this??!! Because you’re too busy!! You and your ing endless work! I told you to stop working with that Baekhyun guy but you’re too stubborn!! You don’t even have time at home! You forget your responsibility. I’m frustrated, Do Kyungsoo! I do have my own needs too!” Jongin shot him a glare.

“But that’s not a reason that you have to do this to me! I love you with all my heart, how could you do this to me!!!” Kyungsoo hit his chest.

“You should ask yourself!!”

Kyungsoo sobbed, looking to his feet. Both of them stayed in silent for a moment. Kyungsoo softly looked up to Jongin’s face.

“We’re already married for 5 years, Jongin. Are you bored with me? You don’t want me already?!” Kyungsoo asked him.

Jongin shut himself up.

“I’m asking you! Don’t you love me anymore??!!”

“Yes! I’m bored of you!”

“Divorce me then!”

“Fine!! If that makes you happy!” Jongin growled. With that, he left him alone again, walking upstairs without looking at him anymore. Kyungsoo fell on the ground, broke into another tears.

“I hate you, Kim Jongin!!!!” he shouted loudly.

 

 

Kyungsoo picked up his phone, “Hello, Baekhyun. I’m done. You can come and pick me up now.”

 

Kyungsoo held his luggage and went near the small table beside the bed. He put the letter that he wrote on it. He let out a loud sigh as he take a look at a picture frame placed on the table. Their wedding picture. Jongin’s brightly smile beside him on their happy day. Kyungsoo could feel his eyes wet. He didn’t thought that it will ends this way. He took the frame, admiring their memories for the last time.

 

 

'I’ll be at Baekhyun house, so you can send that divorce paper later.'

 

“What??” Jongin read the text several times. So, he’s with that Baekhyun now. He grunted and slammed his phone onto the couch. He quickly went out of his office, heading home which he thought that he could probably stop him.

 

 

Jongin tried to open the door but it’s locked. He looked under the mat front of the door that they used to left keys down there. Taking the key, he opened the door and went straight into the house. He looked around the living room, nobody’s there. The house seems really quiet. Jongin climbed the stairs to the bedroom. He found nothing. Kyungsoo does really left. Jongin opened the cupboard where Kyungsoo kept his clothes, empty. He slammed the door and sit on the bed. His eyes noticed a piece of paper on the nightstand, he took it and began to read.

 

 

 

 

Dear Kim Jongin,

I’m writing this letter with a very heavy heart, but I have to do this for both of us. I just want to tell you that I’ve made up my mind, I’ll leave this house. I’m sorry for being a burden all of these moments. We have spent very good times together, Jongin. You once my everything. You make me happy and care for me a lot. But the reality is now we’re not that happy anymore. We’re not compatible and I cannot be with you like this forever.

I guess, this is the right time to part our ways and start living a life that we want to lead. It hurt a lot when I have to make this decision. After 5 years of living together, I don’t think that it’s an easy things to say goodbye. We love each other once, but we are not made for each other.

I’m sorry for all my wrongdoings. I’m sorry that it’s all my fault. I can’t be a good one for you, like you always wanted. I want you to know that I really regret everything that happened, and there’s no way of change it all back. Although I still love, I will let you go. You have to take a full responsibility on Sehun. Because I know that he really need you more. Please take a good care of him and the child.

So, this is the final goodbye. Thanks for everything, Jongin. Have a happy and healthy live.

 

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

 

 

 

Jongin folded back the paper as he cried silently. He sink down into the couch, cupping his face. He ran his fingers through his hair and broke into a soft tears. Tears were falling down uncontrollably. Jongin thought that he just lost everything. He lost the person that he loved. He lost his life companion.

“KYUNGSOO!!!!!”

 

 

2 WEEKS LATER

 

Kyungsoo looked at the divorce paper that he just signed. He sighed loudly and turned to look out of the window. He was very sure to start a new life without Jongin but then he was a bit worry about him. Could Jongin able to move on? He shook his thought away when he felt a pair of arm around his waist.

“Hey, Kyung. What are you thinking about?” Baekhyun mumbled.

“Nothing.” Kyungsoo formed a bitter smile. Baekhyun turned his around and cupped his face.

“Kyungsoo, you know that I love you right? I promise that we’ll start this new life together, okay? I’ll protect you and love you always.” Baekhyun gave him a warm smile.

“Thanks, Baek.” Kyungsoo muttered. Baekhyun kissed his forehead and pulled him into a hug.

“Thanks for being there whenever I needed.” Kyungsoo hugged him tighter. He never knew that Baekhyun have been crushing on him ever since he was still with Jongin. He’s a good friend and partner. He promised himself that he’ll try to love him and forget everything about the past.