Before

Triangle. Kyumin's story. [[Two shot]]

Sungmin’s mom patted his head gently.

-My beloved son is going to Seoul! Isn’t that exciting?- she was working as a saleswoman and raising her two sons- Sungmin and Minseok- on her own. If Sungmin weren’t that hardworking student she wouldn’t be able to send neither of them to college. But Sungmin was talented and he won himself a ticket to the best college in Seoul.

Sungmin smiled widely and gave his mom a peck on her cheek.

-Omma, I will call you when in Seoul, ok?- older son hugged her and then gave a hug to his younger brother.

-Minseok ah. Take care of Omma, ok?

Soon he entered the train to start his brand new life.


Reality hit him sooner than he could have expected. As soon as he was in Seoul someone has run to him and stolen his bag. He was so shocked that he couldn’t move a bit. He snapped when someone started to pull him by hand.

A petite girl with huge sparkling eyes and way too big hat on her head was pulling him.

-What are you doing, you idiot? He is going to run away!!- she shouted and herself started to run after the thief. Sungmin woke up and started to run as well. They soon caught the guy who happened to be a really young boy. A girl smacked the back of boy’s head.

-Yah! Shouldn’t you be at school? Who taught you to take away someone’s else belongings?!- she was panting heavily and pulling boy’s ear.

-I’m just hungry…- the boy started to defend himself but it only made the girl to squeeze his ear tighter.

-Then you should have just asked someone to give you money or something to eat! Is it really making you better person when you’re not begging but stealing?

Sungmin was watching the whole situation in silence. The girl was surely something. She sighed and took away Sungmin’s bag from boy’s hand and gave it back to its owner. The next thing she’s done was putting her hand into her bag.,

-Please, don’t call the police…- he stuttered but the girl just raised her hand to shut him up.

-I see you here every day when I go to school. Are you already tired of begging people?- she took out her wallet and hand him 50.000 won (around £30) along with something.

-Go there after school, Taemin ah. They will give you a part time job. Don’t do things that someday may close the doors to your future.- boy’s eyes widened when girl used his name.- And the next time when you do something naughty remember to take off your ID card.- she smiled a little and turned around.

Sungmin was watching the girl intensively.

-Aren’t you going, Mister?- she asked but he was still just looking at her. Girl frowned.

-A simple thank you would do, you know?- she chuckled and left. Sungmin again woke up and turned but she was already nowhere to be seen.


For the whole day he was thinking about the girl who helped him. The girl who looked like nothing would be able to scare her.

He signed himself at the dorm list in college and picked up his uniforms. He soon found his room and opened it only to find awesomeness of the place. The whole room was expensively decorated but still looking classy and simple. The smell was screaming ‘new’.

He sighed and sat down on one of the beds and looked around. Getting a full scholarship to this college seemed to be the best thing that happened to him.


He took a shower and changed into something that seemed the most casual uniform. You were not allowed to wear anything that had no school emblem.

He was strolling down the corridor when he heard a violin playing nicely somewhere in the end. He went there and found a guy in front of some room looking inside. The guy was tall and handsome with some thick brows. The music stopped and he heard familiar voice.

-Woo Bin ah… why are you standing there like some kind of creep again?- the person chuckled and Woo Bin snorted.

-It’s not like I’m starting at you.- he said confidently but his extremely red ears were talking by themselves. The girl chuckled again and just then she noticed Sungmin.

-Mister! What are you doing here?- she said amused. It was the same girl that helped his at the station. She was wearing school’s sport clothes and had her hair in high pony tail but he recognized her by huge sparkling eyes. She looked like a person that smiles a lot. She totally forgot about Woo Bin being there as well and she went straight to Sungmin holding out her hand.

-Song Dona.- she said.- It’s nice to meet you, Lee Sungmin ssi.- she said and smiled widely. Sungmin smiled back and shook her hand lightly.

-It’s nice to meet you too, Song Dona ssi.


Woo Bin happened to be Sungmin’s roommate and the fact that Dona knew Sungmin and was being so nice to him was making him crazy. The first night he was making sure that his snoring is loud enough to keep the smaller man from sleeping. The first week of school they were continuously bullying him. The school had a visible hierarchy between students and unfortunately Sungmin was somewhere in the lowest parts of it.

For the first week Dona was nowhere to be seen and he was wondering what happened t her. One day he noticed her in school’s buffet eating rice and chatting happily with rather nerdy and braty but still handsome looking guy. His hair was a big crying mess and he had his tie untied.

-That’s Song Dona.- someone said from behind him. He looked around and saw really short and skinny guy.

-I know.- Sungmin stated. He considered Dona as his first friend at new school. The guy sat down with him and they talked a little. Sungmin found out that his name was Ryeowook.

-She’s one of the richest here as a daughter of big restaurant chain’s owners along with Cho Kyuhyun- her boyfriend. His dad has started this school and the Golden Eagle University.

Sungmin pouted and nodded. So his friend is cool to this point.

They were not chatting for long before Woo Bin came for his daily dose of bullying. Sungmin was sitting still like every day. He was ready for today like always. This time was different. As soon as woo Bin came, Dona was sitting next to Sungmin.

-Sungmin ssi. Long time no see. How have you been?- Ryeowook widened eyes at the scene. Woo Bin sighed when the guy with who Dona was sitting earlier came along.- Sungmin ssi, Ryeowook ah. Mind if we join?- she asked smiling and looked at Woo Bin judgingly.

-Is there anything you need, Woo Bin ah?

But Sungmin was no longer listening the conversation between Woo Bin and Dona.

He was trying to calm his heart which was jumping furiously at the sight of Dona’s friend.

Is this what you call the love at the first sight?


When Kyuhyun’s parents have told him that they set him up on a date with their friends’ daughter he was rather surprised. It was nothing shocking in the general act but he was still very young. He was rather expecting his parents to forbid him dating in order to study more.

He was thinking about it while sitting in the restaurant and waiting for his date to come. “Take her to some restaurant, go to cinema and then maybe lotte world or bubble tea? It’s really nice girl. Don’t spoil the chance.’ His mom instructed him. He’s been catching himself at looking differently at girls than his friends were. But he’d been never dating before so that’s why he agreed to try.

When he saw Dona coming towards him he knew he wasn’t going to regret this decision. She was smiling widely to the waitress and chatting happily with hostess. The lady showed her when Kyuhyun is sitting and Dona noticing him immediately smiled brightly.

-Cho Kyuhyun ssi.- she said and bowed.- Hello! I’m Song Dona.

Kyuhyun stood up and smiled as well.-Hello. Song Dona.


This date was considered the best day in their lives. They were two completely different people who happened to have a lot in common. Dona was always nice and helpful while Kyuhyun was rather nerdy type with limited amount of friends. But both of them love to play computer games and neither of them enjoyed eating kimchi, both of them liked the same flavors of bubble tea and the same rides at lotte world. No one had ever made Kyuhyun to feel some comfortable so the very same day without hesitation he asked her out for another date.


For the next year Kyuhyun and Dona were spending almost every day together. Kyuhyun had seen no sign of his previous insecurities.

They graduated from their schools and decided to attend the same college. Both of them were rally smart and easily gained the full scholarship but resigned from it.

-I have enough money to pay for college. Let’s leave the scholarship for those who don’t have money for it.- she said to Kyuhyun one day.

-My Dona has such a good heart.- he said smiling before kissing his girlfriend gently. Dona was the happiest girl in the world.


At the first day of school Kyuhyun was sick to the point of fainting and he was rushed to hospital. Dona was visiting him. He was sitting at his bed and slowly eating his porridge.

-There is this guy I’ve met yesterday.- she said slowly checking on content of Kyuhyun’s shelves noting that the boy definitely needs more fruits and comic books.- His name is Lee Sungmin. Do you remember the boy that I’ve telling you about? This who is a beggar at train station? The boy has stolen Sungmin ssi’s bag and I helped him  to catch the boy. Later on it turned out that he is also a student in Golden Eagle College. He is so squishy and lovely that you’re going to love him. I like him, I’m going to be best friends with Lee Sungmin ssi.

Kyuhyun ruffled Dona’s hair. It was unbelievable for him how good her heart was.

-Wanna make me jealous?- he teased making her to chuckle.

-You know that you are the only one for me.


And there they were. Sitting in the same table with Lee Sungmin. Dona arguing with Woo Bin and him and Sungmin staring at each other.

Oh crap. Why is my heart fluttering like that?!


For the next few months Sungmin was adoring Kyuhyun. In his head he and Kyuhyun were happily in love with each other planning their future together.

In reality he thought that for Kyuhyun he is just his girlfriend’s friend.

As much as he wanted to try his chances in Kyuhyun, he couldn’t because of Dona.

Dona was his friend and he was not going to ruin their friendship like this. Beside if Kyuhyun and Dona are a couple he is most likely a straight guy, right?

 

On the other hand Kyuhyun was a mess. Dona being his personal defense from his real nature started to be covered in his head by lust and strange heart fluttering. Because the feeling from the first time he landed his eyes on Lee Sungmin had never vanished.

That’s why after one year and a half of Dona’s and Kyuhyun’s relationship he visited her in her room when her roommate was not there and for the first time in his life he had with a girl.

As much as his body responded to it, his heart stayed calm because he was sure then that his love for Dona was just like between friends.


Dona’s 18th birthday party it was. For some The Day, for some the dooms day. She threw a party with her closest friends invited. Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Woo Bin and Ryeowook (who happened to become Sungmin’s roommate after Woo Bin decided to move into single room) were sitting together while waiting for other guests. Sungmin was nervously stealing glances at Kyuhyun. Woo Bin was observing the two of them frowning.

-Yah! Lee Sungmin! Are you in love with him or something?!- he snorted making Sungmin to laugh nervously.

-What are you talking about? We’re both men!- Sungmin gulped on his wine and turned when familiar voice of Dona was heard. She gave Kyuhyun  a kiss on the lips and kissed all of her friend’s cheeks making Woo Bin’s ears to become madly red.

-I’m so happy that you’ve made it! That’s going to be the best birthday party ever.- she giggled and sat next to Kyuhyun holding his hand.

-Dona I brought you some French champagne.- Ryeowook stated giving his gift to Dona.

-I don’t really drink alcohol.- she said and smiled brightly.- So thank you very much, Ryeowook ah! That’s fantastic. Now I’m going to have something to treat my guests with.

For a second Ryeowook thought it’s going to be an epic fail. But then it was Dona. The person who had never seen the dark side. Only the bright side of life.

-It’s Jamie Oliver’s cook book.- Woo Bin stated and pointed at bright blue box next to her elbow.

-That’s really nice Woo Bin ah! How did you know I wanted it?- Dona asked tearing the blue wrapping apart and checking the book’s insides.

-I kinda was following you around book store.- he said smiling nervously and scratching the back of his neck making Dona to laugh loudly.

-Thanks Woo Bin ah. If you weren’t that much of a jerk…- girl teased earning a glare from Woo Bin only to mehrong at him. She then turned at Kyuhyun

-How about you, Honey? What have you got for me?- she asked. Dona was not a person that longed for gifts but she always liked what Kyuhyun were giving her.

-Me and Sungmin… we’ve got you some make up set.- he said smiling unsurely. Sungmin blushed ar the momory of being with Kyuhyun, just the two of them. It really seemed like a date at some points. They were having such good time together that they totally forgot about gift for Dona right before closing rushed to closest make up story and picked up random make up set.

-I’ve never used make up before… Are you trying to tell me I should start?- girl jokes and laughed again.- Thank you, Mister.- she said and pecked Kyuhyun’s cheek and blew a kiss to Sungmin.

The party was indeed something. Everything had great time. Everyone beside Dona were drinking alcohol and at some point almost all of them were drunk.

Ryeowook became a drunk playboy. He threw away his nerdy image and became a confident brat in front of girls. He ended up making out with girl from higher class.

Sungmin was being a some kind of cuddly bear.

Kyuhyun was just sitting at the same place thinking about something deeply.

Woo Bin was sleeping at the table.

Dona sat down next to Kyuhyun and ruffled his already messy hair.

-Hey handsome boy. How are you doing?- Kyuhyun looked at her and smiled sadly.

-Having fun?- girl nodded making him to nod as well.

-Wanna help me with sending this little cute bunny home?- she asked pointing at Sungmin who was giggling madly at Woo Bin snorning. Kyuhyun gulped and shook his head.

With so much alcohol, I don’t know if I’m able to do it. What’s if I do something against my will? Kyuhyun thought.

-Woo Bin wouldn’t be the happiest person in the world if he would find out that you were the one to help him. Please? Just take him to your house and let him sleep there. If they see him in dorms in this state, he’s going to be expelled. – she reasoned.

-How about you then?-Kyuhyun asked. Sleeping in the same room with Sungmin? No ing way.

-I’m sober. I don’t need any help. Will help Woo Bin and then go home.- she said smiling.

-I don’t understand why you are treating him that well. He’s an .- Dona shrugged and rested her head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

-He’s my childhood sweetheart. Of course I treat him well.-she giggled at Kyuhyun rolling his eyes. He then leaned and captured her lips in slow deep kiss. And she willing responded.

It was their last normal kiss.


Sungmin was again heartbroken seeing Kyuhyun and Dona kissing. It was something what always was making him sad and depressed.

Kyuhyun helped him to stand up and took him to his home. Seeing how Kyuhyun was indifferent at his cuddly behavior he rested his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

Few minutes earlier Dona did the same but Sungmin’s head somehow seemed lighter and like more fitting there. His girlfriend smelled nice but Sungmin’s scent was somehow more appealing. Kyuhyun didn’t even know when he himself rested his head on Sungmin’s.

He also enjoyed their shopping. He felt bad for Dona for buying her such a lame gift but he was having such fantastic time with Sungmin that he just simply forgot.


When they were in Kyuhyun’s room younger took off older’s shoes and helped him to his shirt. Kyuhyun gulped at the sight of Sungmin’s bare chest. Both of them influenced by alcohol. Both of them leaded by those confusing feelings.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened when Sungmin sat up and kissed him. At first he pushed the smaller man away. His eyes teary and his head a big pulsating mess.

-Kyuhyun ah… I’m sorry…- Sungmin stuttered. He didn’t know why he wasn’t able to stop himself. He’s panicked. Kyuhyun is going to hate me. He will tell Dona and she is also going to help me. I ruined my dear friendship. I’m going to get expelled from school and… This crazy Sungmin’s thinking was stopped by a pair of soft lips pressed against his.

The next he know Kyuhyun was pushing his shirt of his shoulder and lying him down.