thank you

thank you

Baekhyun just lets out a sigh as he stands by his apartment’s big window, watching the traffic jam down there. It's Christmas Eve and the road is so crowded with cars honking every now and then. On the sidewalks, everyone bundled up in colorful winter coat seems to be rushed to wherever they need to be with whoever they want to be.

Baekhyun smiles at himself as he sees a normal couple—man and woman—walks hand in hand with a cute, chubby small boy being carried by the man. It’s a beautiful sight, Baekhyun thinks, but it also hurts him because no matter how hard he tries, he will never give a child to Chanyeol—a child from their love, a child that is blood-related to them.

Yes, Chanyeol has confessed his love to Baekhyun seven years ago and this Christmas will be their third wedding anniversary. They chose December 25th to be their wedding day because they always think that Christmas is a day filled with excitement, joyfulness, and—to Chanyeol—dreams come true. Baekhyun always laughs whenever Chanyeol bugs him to make a wish to Santa Claus during Christmas Eve, but he’s unable to stop his growing smile when he wakes up the next day and sees what’s been waiting for him under the Christmas tree they decorated before.

Baekhyun doesn’t remember all his silly Christmas wishes, but he definitely remembers that one particular Christmas Eve when Chanyeol bugged him to no end to make a wish so, pleasing the giant, he closed his eyes and voiced out his wish right in front of Chanyeol. “I want to have a new, better boyfriend.”

The next morning when he woke up, he was surprised with a medium sized box labeled ‘Byun Baekhyun’s new boyfriend’ wrapped in red ribbon sitting on one of his pillows. He knew it was from Chanyeol so he immediately unwrapped the ribbon and chuckled upon seeing the box consisted of Chanyeol’s photos only—all dorky. Just as he was about to rewrap the box, his phone on the nightstand table rang. It was Chanyeol.

“Good morning, Yeol.”

“Did Santa Claus grant your wish?”

“No. I didn’t get a better boyfriend.”

“That’s because fate wants us to be together forever. I’m sorry, but it seems like you’re stuck with me until the end of time, Baek.”

When Baekhyun finally met Chanyeol—breathtakingly handsome and clad in stars patterned black sweater and jeans—that day, he couldn’t help but jump into him and pepper his face with kisses.

Baekhyun giggles at the memory and without he realizes, it’s already eight and Chanyeol’s supposed to be home thirty minutes ago. He knows the taller is workaholic and his office is a bit far, but hey it’s Christmas Eve! Frowning, he types up a message asking ‘where are you?’ to Chanyeol but before he can press the send button, the door of their shared apartment opens and in walks Chanyeol… with a small kid with big, innocent eyes in his arms. Baekhyun knows it’s Kyungsoo, his favorite kid at the orphanage Chanyeol and he always visit every Saturday. He just doesn’t know why—

Chanyeol gently places the kid down and pats his head with a smile. “Go kiss your other papa.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widen. Did Chanyeol just say—

“Papa!” Kyungsoo excitedly runs up to him and Baekhyun crouches down to carry him up. He circles his small arms around Baekhyun’s neck, flashes his toothy smile, and pecks Baekhyun on the cheek. “Papa! Kyungsoo’s very happy now! Thank you!”

Baekhyun gives a small smile at the kid in his arms before looking at Chanyeol in confusion. “Chanyeol, what—”

Chanyeol approaches the two and, after getting enough of inwardly fanboying over how cute Baekhyun looks with a kid, smiles down at his partner in life. “Kyungsoo is officially our son from now on, Baek. I know you’ve always wanted a child of our own but we both know it’s impossible and I’m sorry it took so long because I didn’t want to adopt a son until I have enough money to feed you two—Baekhyun! Oh my God, did I say something wrong? Baek, don’t cry.”

But the falling tears can’t be helped. Baekhyun’s heart uncontrollably swells in adoration for his husband, for his effort and understanding all this time.

“Papa, don’t cry,” Kyungsoo cups Baekhyun’s wet cheeks with his small hands and looks concerned. “Don’t cry.”

Baekhyun lets out a chuckle before kissing Kyungsoo’s cheek. “Papa is crying because of happiness so it’s okay, Kyungsoo.”

Chanyeol puts his arms around the two people he loves the most and tenderly kisses Baekhyun’s temple before doing the same to the top of Kyungsoo’s head. He has nothing to ask for more now; his life is completed. “Merry Christmas, Baekhyun. Merry Christmas, Kyungsoo.”

“Merry Christmas, Papa!” Kyungsoo cheerily says, kissing both Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s cheeks one by one.

Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol, eyes full of love, before cupping Chanyeol’s cheek with one hand and tiptoeing to capture the taller’s lips in a sweet, lingering kiss. “Merry Christmas, Chanyeol, and thank you.”

 

 

 


so sorry if this is nothing. ;;